Magical gamers

A forum for games, stories and much more!

So I had this idea...

Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband

So I had this idea...

Post by Amord on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:07 am

About a Fallout 3/New Vegas mod that focuses on the memorable Ghoul simply called "Harold". You meet Harold in Fallout 1, 2, and 3. You also meet him in Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, but that's not as good as the "main series".

Anyway, the mod would focus on Harold's life, he would be the player character. Being born just five years before The Great War, his life in Vault 29, his eventual escape from it, his Merchant Life after it, and finally, settling in Hub Town. There, he'd find that the Super Mutants were a real problem for the Caravans, and there he would meet Richard Grey.

They go on an expedition into the Mariposa Military Base, the expedition team is killed. Richard Grey is thrown into one of the Vats, and Harold is knocked unconscious. He awakens in the wasteland, a Caravan picks him up and takes him back to town.

Afterwards, he's a Ghoul. And it then focuses on all the hardships he faces as a Ghoul. Finally, he'd meet the Vault Dweller from Fallout 1. After the Vault Dweller leaves, Harold sets out on another journey. This time coming to Gecko in Fallout 2... Er, eventually. Anyway, when he gets there and after he's spent some time keeping Gecko from becoming a crater in the Wasteland, he'd meet the Vault Dweller's descendant, a Tribal. "The Chosen One".

The Chosen One establishes Gecko as a permanently safe place. And Harold sets off on yet another journey, this is pretty much where the ending of the mod takes place. As when you get to Fallout 3, Harold is sorta rooted into the ground due to that tree that was growing in his head.

It'd finally end with conversations with the Lone Wanderer of Fallout 3. And the respective Oasis Quest that takes place. Of course, I lack the team, and the know-how to execute this mod. But I wanted to share it, because, damn, that sounds like a worthy addition to the Fallout Series.

Oh and, since the Fallout games tend to have a "main theme", here's what I would choose for good ol' Harold's Journeys: Hurt.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Spoiler:

"WET YOURSELVES AND RUUUUUUUUUUN!" - Suburban Knights

Remilia: Intercouuuuurse... Pert pert, thighs. Botty botty botty. Ohohohohoho! EROGENEOUS ZONE!
    Sakuya: *sets down tea cup and stands* *walks away*
    Remilia: AH HAH HAH HAAAH. OH CONCUBINE! EROGENEOUS ZOOOOOOOONE! Loose woman! Erogeneous Zone!
    Sakuya: *walks back with bucket of water* *splashes Remilia*

CivilProtection

Re: So I had this idea...

Post by CivilProtection on Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:00 am

Since I only played Fallout 3/New Vegas, I dont know who Harold is (I never completed the Oasis quest, never got the time to do it)

So, I think the mod should have the Fallout3 engine, since you can mod with it. However, you can easily mod with Garrys Mod, only making the map will be a problem. Unless, of course, you want some dialog to come with, you need to mod Fallout3.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Click Me!

*Loves Alice Margatroid, but dresses up as Nue Houjuu* *Seems Legit*
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband

Post by Amord on Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:26 am

You can mod with New Vegas too. Anyway, like I said before, I lack the necessary skills, and the team, to create such a vast mod.

It would be long. The main story spans a couple hundred years (with some stuff cut out for the sake of convenience, but still), thanks to Harold being immortal due to the Ghoulification. It would involve a lot of scripting. It would require dedication.

And of course it would require dialogue. Lots of it. Because Harold deserves nothing less than damn good dialogue.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Spoiler:

Remilia: Intercouuuuurse... Pert pert, thighs. Botty botty botty. Ohohohohoho! EROGENEOUS ZONE!
    Remilia: AH HAH HAH HAAAH. OH CONCUBINE! EROGENEOUS ZOOOOOOOONE! Loose woman! Erogeneous Zone!

CivilProtection

Post by CivilProtection on Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:30 am

Plus the moding might take about a year to complete, if you want graphics compared to Fallout3.

The school system blocks out youtube. Best thing you can give me is Bandcamp for music

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Click Me!

Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband

Post by Amord on Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:33 am

Honestly, I can't imagine the graphics being all that hard to do. It's Fallout, not an entirely different world we're dwelling into.

Really, the biggest thing would be Harold's face. Getting that right in each "stage" would be important. Aside from that, it's just making the environment look good. A problem for the world maps. But places like the Mariposa Military Base and Gecko are already set up for us, they just need to be brought into the modern engine.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Spoiler:

CivilProtection

Post by CivilProtection on Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:35 am

Im more of a AI guy, so if I had coding skill, I would work on the AI of the enemies.

I conclude today that we all should learn code

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Click Me!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:35 am