Magical gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Magical gamers

A forum for games, stories and much more!

2 posters

.... Seriously?

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

.... Seriously? Empty .... Seriously?

Post by Amord Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:08 pm

"The entire game is balanced around using fast travel, we don't want to travel for ten minutes, we want immersive traveling!" - People bitching about Skyrim.

.... Okay, I've played Elder Scrolls: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, and Oblivion. I consider myself experienced as a result.

In Morrowind, you could not open a map and choose a city to travel to. You had to find a Silt Strider, boat, or a Mage's Guild. And you could only go from one city to the one next to it. So from Seyda Neen to Balmora, for example. You cannot go from Seyda Neen to Gnisis, you have to go to Balmora first.

When you make use of one of these travel systems, you end up in the selected city. next to the silt strider/boat/teleport platform and then have to do the process over again if you still need to go on. This amounts to ten loading screens just to reach your destination. For the -exact same process-, only drawn out and unnecessary.

Now in Arena, Daggerfall, and Oblivion, you just open the map, pick out the city and click it, and then you arrive. You still had to venture out into the wilderness to find dungeons.

So what's the difference? What's more "immersive"? Neither immerse the player any more. It's just to cut down the dull of walking everywhere because the playing areas are huge. Only Morrowind is effectively gimped because you have to do it the longer way.

Seriously, stop complaining about this. There's better things to be interested in. But you know what? There are mod tools. They're easy to use. Pop them open and make carriages, boats, and mage teleporters. And disable Fast Travel.

What, you want that made by Bethesda and no fast travel whatsoever? Well then you're just impossible to please, kindly shut the fuck up while we look forward to a good game.

Fucking hell, I hate these people.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Aut viam ivenium aut faciam | I shall either find a way or make one
    CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

.... Seriously? Empty Re: .... Seriously?

Post by CivilProtection Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:24 pm

I never played these games. So I remain in the Neutrail

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    .... Seriously? Firmablackrockshooter-1-1
    .... Seriously? Cpmariokartlicense.... Seriously? Uwhm8

Click Me!

*Loves Alice Margatroid, but dresses up as Nue Houjuu* *Seems Legit*

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 am