Magical gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Magical gamers

A forum for games, stories and much more!

4 posters

Murder Drones: Disassembly Required

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 19 Empty Re: Murder Drones: Disassembly Required

Post by Amord Sat 29 Jun 2024 - 17:15

Lizzy couldn't help but smirk at Doll's words.
    "Good thing I prefer more intimate ways of teasing you, then."

She responded -- and yes, she did briefly consider telling Uzi that Doll was interested in anime. It was on-brand for what she usually did. But Doll was more than a friend at this point. Still, she couldn't help but arch a brow as Uzi insisted that Klein must have been doing this on purpose.

"I dunno, I think he's a great addition to our group dynamic."

Then a mood shift happened pretty abruptly as Ray brought up Drone Disposal. Uzi seemed to take it in stride, but it seemed to deeply bother Doll. So much to the point that Lizzy ends up having to move her hand to grab Doll's, in order to help disguise the symbol that she had just popped out all of a sudden...

"Easy..."
    She whispers.

As for Lizzy herself, she wasn't really bothered by it. Sure, it sounds morbid. But it didn't involve herself or her family. Why spend her time getting all freaked out about it? In any case, Ray was quick to elaborate that he doesn't personally condone it. So even if she did take issue with it, that would be enough to resolve things on her end.

J couldn't help but crack a grin at Chaos's insistence that he would be very much okay with her wearing panties.

"Kind of have a thing for that, huh? Noted."

After that, he soon went on to explain the reasons for his relationship with Aegis, and his overall stance on relationships beyond just Humans pairing up with other Humans. J ends up giving an understanding nod. It sounds like he'd been through a lot, but ultimately that was his stance to begin with. Honestly, she ended up hitting the jackpot here.

Chaos struck her as the type of guy that would never stop treating her the way she wanted to be treated.

But of course, before that line of conversation could continue for much longer, everyone else shows up... With Ray immediately asking J not to corrupt his robot.

"They're just panties! I'm not even undressed right now!"

She pulls the panties away, to highlight the fact that her skirt was still on. Then she glances over at Doll.

"Yeah, well, not sure why else you're staring at me then. Pretty sure you two have a thing, so you're not fishing for someone to fool around with."
    J bluntly replies, then pointing at Doll and Lizzy with her index and middle fingers. Shortly after finishing her words she then lowers her hand again.

But now it was J's turn to get a little annoyed. She stamps her foot down once, and then speaks in an authoritative tone of voice as she crosses her arms.

"He finished working on your railgun, and he ended up neglecting his own health in the process! I'm making him take it easy now."

But at least after that, the conversation shifts a bit as Ray begins to share his assessment of things -- along with his concerns. J's expression noticeably softens and grows thoughtful as he continues speaking. Before much longer, Klein ends up bumping into her leg. She peers down at him, and then she gives him a gentle pat on the head.

"Well, it sounds like your Captain is wanting to coordinate communications and tactics all at once. So I wouldn't worry too much -- but if it puts your mind at ease, I'll keep an eye on V and N."

J would keep it to herself that she never really bothered to do that until now. In fact, she was, up until very recently, rather rude with the two of them...

But hey. He was the closest thing to a JCJenson Authority right now, so she would follow what he had to say.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Aut viam ivenium aut faciam | I shall either find a way or make one

Raymu likes this post

CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years

Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 19 Empty Re: Murder Drones: Disassembly Required

Post by CivilProtection Sat 29 Jun 2024 - 17:24

While everyones attention was on the pair of panties J had, my attention suddenly was focused on the little robot Ray brought it. I began to poke it. "What the hell is this thing? A toy? Who's toy is this and why did someone brought it here?"

After it replies back, I commented on it. "Fancy, its kinda smart."

Uzi questions about the railgun and I look back up at her. "We werent doing anything lewd Uzi, jeez c'mon why does everyone think Im a sexfreak suddenly?"

J intercepts and I replied back. "Yeah, I finished it today. Usually that kind of thing takes three days to a week but I wanted to impress you--- I mean, finish it really quickly. Its about ninety eight percent done, but it needs some testing first."

I got up. "I can walk you to the lab if you want, it should still be there."

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 19 Firmablackrockshooter-1-1
    Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 19 CpmariokartlicenseMurder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 19 Uwhm8

Click Me!

*Loves Alice Margatroid, but dresses up as Nue Houjuu* *Seems Legit*

Raymu likes this post

Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Sun 30 Jun 2024 - 18:37

Ray smiled a little bit as Uzi insisted that Klein had grown a sense of humor - A terrible one at that. The engineer looked at it a little more positively than she might have;

"Well that's its own kind of success, I guess. I accept Klein, bad humor and all. Besides, your mom and dad probably couldn't have guessed how fast you would grow either, Uzi."

His smile quickly faded as he saw how angry Doll got over the talk of scrapped worker drones. His eyes widened momentarily as he witnessed the witch's symbol flash in her eye screen for a split second. That wide-eyed shock was quickly replaced with a far more angry expression as he stared Doll down unblinking...

Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 19 OmbIYR8

Ray shook his head, pulling his attention away from Doll to acknowledge what Uzi said.

"None of us on the crew condone it, so I wouldn't worry about it. We don't do away with drones just because they cross us, after all."

As he said that last part, Ray looked over at Doll ever so briefly before turning his attention back to Uzi. He didn't dwell on things for long as he addressed Uzi's curiosity when it came to the zombie drones. Ray shook his head as he answered her.

"Hard to say. The ones we were aware of back on Earth were nothing like this. Plus judging from the body of that monster I'd say it looked like it was made of several drones at once. Like some kind of Frankenstein's monster."

He paused for a moment, blinking as he realized Uzi probably wouldn't know about that story.

"Another human story. Some psycho stitched separate human body parts together into one whole body and then brought it back to life. Pretty morbid."

Ray let out a sigh of relief when J showed that she was fully dressed.

"Thank goodness."

Ray raised an eyebrow as Chaos began inspecting the little robot. For Klein's part he responded to being poked by flapping his wings.

"Poke poke poke!"

The engineer crossed his arms.

"He's not a thing. And he's not a toy. This is Klein, the experimental assistant drone Cloris and I built."

Ray reached over and lightly thwacked Uzi on the back of the head mid-sentence as the worker drone tried teasing him.

"Oi, no giving my robot weird ideas!"

As for Chaos's curiosity as to why everyone was treating him like a pervert, the engineer originally wasn't going to humor that with a response...Right up until he let slip that he worked hard solely to impress Uzi.

"That would probably be why. Anyway...We had better take a look at your work now, we're almost out of time and I don't think we'll get a chance when the fighting starts."

Klein's body language seemed to indicate he was quite happy with being pet when J did so.

"J's nice!"

Ray smiled a bit, picking him up and giving a nod at that assessment.

"Yeah...Thanks J."

He thanked her for agreeing to watch out for the other two, even if it might not have been her biggest priority...And with that he stepped outside of the room, allowing Chaos to lead them to the lab.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 19 TowersignatureBorderSmaller
    More Things:
    Nothost
    Nothost
    Super Friend
    Super Friend
    Three years
    You've been a member for three whole years!

Post by Nothost Tue 2 Jul 2024 - 12:44

Doll blushed lightly at Lizzy’s teasing, but gave her a smile. Yes she was quite familiar with Lizzy’s teasing. But it led to somewhere where it wouldn’t for anyone else. Even outside of that she enjoyed the teasing that Lizzy directed at her.

Uzi looked over at Lizzy, rolling her eyes at the other girl.

”I didn’t say he wouldn’t be. I’m not going to vote to kick Klein out or something. I just think there’s more to him than he’s letting on.”

The moment Ray brought up her parents, Uzi’s mood soured. She looked down, slipping her hands into her pockets.

”Maybe. My dad doesn’t seem to like how I grew up and I don’t know what my mom would have thought.”

That had been taken away from her after all. All she knew about her mom was what she looked like? What kind of person was she? She hoped she wasn’t super lame or anything like that.

Doll leaned against Lizzy, her body relaxing as her girlfriend comforted her. Yet she was focused on Ray. The way he reacted to her was worrisome. Had he seen the solver symbol? Was he onto her? She was going to have to watch her back around him.

Meanwhile Uzi was trying not to let on how relieved she felt when Ray confirmed he didn’t condone drone disposal. Still she couldn’t help but give a little quip.

”Says the guy who has a crush on a disassembly drone.”

That slight little smirk on her face said it all.

Uzi stared as Ray talked about Frankenstein’s monster. She looked strangely interested in that.

”Morbidly awesome. If they made a movie out of that I would totally watch it.”

A whirling disc icon appeared on Uzi’s visor above her eyes. She tilted her head, looking down.

”It doesn’t seem possible to do that with humans. From what I know, you fleshy people tend to decompose fast. It’s a lot easier to put together a Frankenstein like drone. Especially with all the corpses the disassembly drones piled up.”

Was it their fault that the monster existed to begin with? Uzi had nothing to go on but conjecture. The idea that there was someone out there building those monstrosities out of corpses was a rather terrifying prospect.

Uzi snickered at Chaos and Ray’s interaction regarding Klein.

”Hey Ray, are you sure Klein isn’t your kid? You’re sure acting like an old DadOW!”

Uzi rubbed the back of her head, looking at Ray in annoyance. ”You mean like Lil Babushka? Klein doesn’t need me to get weird ideas.”

Doll stared at J for a few seconds as she berated her and Lizzy. Doll held her tongue though. She knew she wouldn’t be able to hold her temper if she got in a debate with one of the disassembly drones.

Uzi raised a digital eyebrow at J, looking more confused then annoyed at her.

”And showing him panties is relaxing… how exactly?”

She looked over at Chaos as he asked why everyone thought he was a sex freak.

”Cause you had sex with a drone the first day you landed here. It didn’t even take 24 hours for you and J to go at it.”

Still, she gave him a little smirk. ”But hey, as long as you made my railgun awesome, you can screw the entire class for all I care. Lead the way Chaos.”

Uzi and Doll would then follow Chaos to the lab. The latter would walk right beside Lizzy the way there.

Raymu likes this post

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Thu 4 Jul 2024 - 18:27

Lizzy was glad that she could help Doll relax in this difficult moment. Still, even she could tell that Ray seemed to be onto something here... She was able to cover up the symbol over Doll's hand, but the one that was on her eye? That was another matter entirely. Naturally, her girlfriend was concerned.

Lizzy took a more... Pragmatic approach to things. Since Ray took the time to explain that even if a Drone crossed them, he wouldn't condone that sort of thing.

"You know, that makes me think of a hypothetical situation. What if we find a Drone that's partially corrupted? Would you guys try to help them?"

She phrased it carefully, so as to avoid drawing any further suspicion to Doll. No one should know that she was well aware of her girlfriend's situation, after all. So this should just seem like an on-topic question being asked.

But most of the conversations that happened next involved neither Lizzy nor J -- although Lizzy WAS deeply amused by a good bit of it because of Klein causing shenanigans just by simply being a thing.

But eventually, there WAS something that directly involved J. Specifically, Uzi's question of how the panties factored into making Chaos relax. The Disassembly Drone rolls her eyes.

"I can satisfy my own curiosity about things and still make sure he gets the rest he needs. I cooked him something to eat, got him something to drink, and I made sure that he's actually sitting down for a change."

Regardless... She couldn't help but notice that Doll was still staring at her. Lizzy decided to chime in at this point.

"I mean, you're not wrong."

J just arches a brow at this point.

"Hmm... Well, whatever. Guess it's not like it's hurting anything."

She then shrugs. Her attention is then diverted as Klein mentions that she's nice, and Ray agrees with that assessment. J's smugness is growing again as she smiles confidently...

"Well, I do try. Don't worry, I'll make sure it's taken care of."

At least it was easy to get her on your side...

Regardless, the group would begin moving to the lab at this rate. Lizzy staying next to Doll, and J staying next to Chaos. Rather predictably.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Raymu likes this post

CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years

Post by CivilProtection Thu 4 Jul 2024 - 18:49

"Well for one, J is pretty nice. You just gotta be on hers nice side for once."

"Damnit...!" I blush when Uzi mentioned I had sex with a drone within a day. "F...for you it may have seemed like a day, but for me it felt like I knew her for life times so... th...there" After Uzi jokingly teased about letting me screw hers entire class, my blush became redder. "L....Lets go to the lab already!"

I walked the group to the science lab where I upgraded the railgun. After pressing an touchscreen, the double door slid open. While the lab was a mess with an unwashed plate on a table, an upgraded railgun stood triumphally in the middle of the room on an engineering table.

"Sorry for the room being a mess, I didnt got time to clean up. You'd wouldve seen me sleeping on the floor if it wasnt for J." I said as I walked in. "Most of it is done, just needs some testing and maybe something personal. I do believe the alternate trigger works though, so you wouldnt need to worry about only firing it once Uzi. Double power supply and power regulators means you can overcharge it twice without it blowing up in your face. Laser guided included, and an ammo counter. Barrel spins so it takes less time recharging. I couldnt figure out how to change the laser beam so sadly no purple death laser, but the rest of it should work."

After explaining everything, I walked up to the railgun and picked it up. After inspecting it, I handed it over to Uzi. "She's all yours now. I dont think we have a proper fire range so we may need to test it outside, but you are free to test it out. While I am sure it wont blow up in your face, I can be your guinea pig and fire it for you just in case."

In the corner, there is random railgun parts from Uzi's railgun and other damaged railguns I found near the spire. "Hopefully I can work on the second one tomorrow. Right now I gotta focus on myself right now."

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 19 CpmariokartlicenseMurder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 19 Uwhm8

Click Me!

Raymu likes this post

Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Thu 4 Jul 2024 - 21:25

Ray tilted his head in utter confusion as Uzi muttered something about not "vote kicking" Klein. He shook his head, sighing.

"Don't kick my robot, please."

Seems like he totally misunderstood...Still, he did frown when Uzi mentioned her parents. He hadn't exactly been intent on bringing up bad memories, but before he could say anything Uzi interjected with her teasing. The frown he had on his face went from sympathetic to annoyed.

"... One of these days someone is going to catch your eye, Uzi. And then I'm never going to let you live it down."

The engineer smiled slightly to show that he was taking the teasing in stride by giving some back. His smile faded as Lizzy brought up an interesting question however...Ray really had to think that one over. He tapped his chin as a soft hum came from his lips.

"Partially corrupted huh...? Is that even possible? Well, if it was, then yes. And not just for moral satisfaction. If there's a drone out there that's only partially corrupted by the witch then they might have valuable data inside them pertaining to how corruption even works in the first place. When you know how something ticks then it's easier to make it go in reverse."

The engineer frowned as his brow furrowed. He continued speaking with his eyes shut in concentration.

"A partially corrupted drone might be more dangerous though, so we'd have to approach carefully. The zombie drones only manage to be a threat by using sheer numbers. They're only smart enough to navigate and attack. If one was only half way there they'd still have the influence of the witch...With enough intelligence to plan. But...Capturing and studying them would mean being able to save all of the drones. Every single one could eventually be repaired. I don't know about how you feel...But I don't think I'd want to live as a mindless shell for the rest of my existence."

Ray smiled a little bit as Uzi mentioned wanting to see a movie about Frankenstein.

"You're in luck. They already did."

Still...She made a good point. Doing that with humans was impossible. But drones? it was simple.

"You're right, even for someone like me making a new drone from a bunch of discarded ones would be fairly simple...Which probably means that one we fought in the outpost isn't the last of its kind. I don't doubt for a second that the witch is a competent enemy."

The trip to the lab was a fairly short one. The upgrades to the railgun were certainly impressive...Though with that in mind, it didn't seem like the engineer was needed at the moment, and seeing as he had other things to do...

"Yeah that sounds great. Listen, why don't all of you go test the railgun out without me? I've got last minute preparations to make, and I feel like if I put off resting any longer Aegis is going to yell at me. I'll catch up with you later."

Ray turned to leave, waving behind him as he did so. Though before he stepped back through the lab's steel double doors, he turned to look at Uzi.

"Take care of yourself, alright? Just because you've got a fancy new gun doesn't mean the witch won't find a way around it, so don't let your guard down for anything."

Ray carried the little penguin robot away as the automatic doors closed behind him. It was just a short walk back to his room as he reflected on what he had just seen. Ray muttered to himself repeatedly on the walk back, speaking to no one in particular.

"That symbol..."

Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 19 CuJVoYE

Had the witch been right next to them this whole time? Or was this the first sign of a "partially corrupted" drone? One that had resisted the mindless zombification other worker drones had undergone through some unknown method...Either way his earlier statement held true; if she was either of these then Doll was a threat to all of them. He had to prepare for her choosing to make a move against the crew, but preparation wasn't something that would come easily.

The door to the engineer's personal quarters beeped as he unlocked it. The door's hydraulics hissed and clicked as the entrance to his room slid open, the soft blue lighting of the interior standing in stark contrast with the bright sunlight outside the room's single tinted and heavily reinforced window. To him the room appeared empty. His bed was tucked away behind a an extension of the wall from the doorway, it allowed some minor level of privacy, though it made it impossible to see his bed from the entrance. Soft shuffling filled the room as his boots pressed into the carpeted floors, and the engineer calmly strode over to his desk that was adjacent to the bed. On the desk were several tools and various mechanical parts. A tan cork board hung on the wall above the desk with even more tools hanging from it. Ray slid the desk's chair out and took a seat, setting Klein down on the desk next to him.

Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 19 C3c4n2a

"I don't know if I can do it...I know what I said, but I don't think I'm capable enough. I thought maybe I could run far enough to keep trouble from following, but I guess it's not that simple. I'm starting to think I'm some kind of jinx."

With a soft sigh, Ray pet Klein on the head, watching as the little robot flapped his wings.

"You ever wish you had all the answers, Klein?"

Klein went silent for a moment as his digital eyes seemed to be scanning something past the engineer. Ray raised an eyebrow as the penguin spoke up.

"Night night!"

Ray frowned a little.

"What? You going to sleep already? But it's not night yet. Did you change your internal clock again?"

"Night night! Night night! Sleep tight!"

Ray flinched as it hit him. Klein wasn't talking to him. And that weird sense of being watched crept up his back until it reached his brain. He froze for several seconds...And then grabbed a wrench from his desk, turning as he stood up and almost tripping over his own chair as he scrambled to back up against his desk.

"Damn!! I don't know how you got in here but you're gonna regret it you filthy witch!! I've got a wea- ...pon...?"

One could almost see the engineer's brain buffering as he processed what he was seeing. And then it hit him as his expression went from angry terror to embarrassment in the span of several seconds...

Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 19 GpmsfWk

"V?! H-...How long have you been sitting there?!"

Klein seemed to be processing some information of his own after hearing Ray mention that name...And then he started speaking.

"Hello V! Ray has a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig cr-"

Alas, his message for V was cut off as Ray quickly covered the little robot's mouth. He muttered something to the penguin under his breath as he slid the robot behind his back.

"shush you! you're not gonna say that again!"

V could hear Klein mumbling behind Ray's back, his mouth still being covered by a free hand.

"Mmmkay pmpm! mmqmmiet!"

Ray laughed awkwardly to try his best at playing it cool, but it was clear there were several things putting him on edge right now...

"Ahahaha! S...So um...Can I help you with anything? Maybe you didn't realize but this is my personal quarters on the ship! ... Um...Pretty neat, huh...?"

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Nothost
    Nothost
    Super Friend
    Super Friend
    Three years

Post by Nothost Mon 8 Jul 2024 - 12:10

Uzi looked over at Ray, a question mark appearing on her visor.

”I never said I wanted to kick Klein? I said… tch, forget it.”

The two of them seemed to shift moods quickly though. She waved her hand dismissively as Ray told her he’d never let it down if she got with someone.

”Yeah yeah. You’ll be an old man by the time you’ll get to do that.”

Doll looked at her girlfriend in surprise. She didn’t expect Lizzy to just ask about saving her like that. Even though she didn’t say her name directly, that was the intent behind it. She couldn’t do much to thank her right now: there were too many people around to risk conveying that.

Speaking of that, Ray conveyed that he would help someone partially corrupted. Although it was what she feared: if they caught her, they would try to study it to learn more.

”Lyudi duraki. Popytki izuchit' eto — vot chto ikh pogubilo s samogo nachala.”

[“Humans are fools. Trying ti study it is what destroyed them to begin with.]

Doll wasn’t going to go through what her mother did. She wasn’t going to be held and studied like her. She was working with them right now, but if one of them found out about her, then she would have to take action.

Uzi grinned as Ray mentioned there was a movie. ”I’m totally pirating the crap out of that.l later.

Speaking of that, they continued talking about the strange monster. A horrible thought occurred to Uzi.

”We don’t talk that much other the other bunker colonies. It must have taken a lot of corpses to make that monstrosity. Just how many of the other bunkers did it get into?”

Uzi stared at J incredulously. ”And the panties fit into all of that how exactly? If anything asking about them is going to make Chaos embarrassed.”

She blinked, then looked to the side. ”Not that I care about that!”

Uzi gave Chaos a wide smirk. ”A day is a day Chaos.”

When they got to the lab, Chaos was very quick to show off the raingun. Uzi got visibly more and more excited as he explained more and more about it. He then handed it to her. She took it, examining it with awe.

”You did all that in less than a day? It took me a year to develop this thing.”

She paused, looking at Chaos gratefully. ”I’ll have to test this first, but thank you Chaos. I’ve never gotten a gift like this before.”

She was feeling a lot more sentimental than she was comfortable with. She wasn’t going to show that in front of others either. Uzi shook her head as Chaos offered to test it out for her.

”Nuh uh. I’m firing this baby. Besides, I’m more sturdy than you are Chaos. If it blows up in my face I’ll live.”

Uzi hesitated,then  reached out a hand for a moment towards Chaos. She then stopped, glancing over at J. She withdrew her hand again, looking at him with concern.

”Hey, I’ll handle the second railgun. You’ve done more than enough Chaos.”

Uzi looked over at Ray, resting the gun over ber shoulder and giving him a confident grin.

"Hey, I'm not going to let my guard down. The only thing I need to be careful about is not hitting you guys with this bad boy."

Uzi blinked, considering something. "Though if my gun doesn't work on it like before, I don't know how we're going to beat it. Short of lasting till sunrise or V pulling another crazy stunt."[/color]

Uzi paused, looking at Ray sternly. "Get some actual rest, okay Ray? Something tells me this is going to be worse then what we faced in the base."

Raymu likes this post

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Sun 14 Jul 2024 - 23:46

At Lizzy's question, Ray put together a well-thought out response. True, there was the concern that a partially corrupted Drone could be more dangerous... And there was a part of her that wanted to argue that point, if only for Doll's sake. But she controlled herself, he didn't have all the details, and that was purposeful. No, it was better to continue this line of questioning, raising hypotheticals.

"What if that partially corrupted Drone wasn't a threat, and was willing to cooperate with you? Might be unlikely, but.... You never know. Food for thought."

Of course, Doll had her own thoughts on the matter. She might not have vocalized them, but Lizzy could still tell that something was bothering her. All she could do right now as give her hand a reassuring squeeze.

Still... Uzi and Ray both ended up confirming something very much concerning -- mainly, the fact that there was going to be more than just that one monster they fought in the Bunker... Or even on the ship. And there was no telling what each one was going to be like.

For Karasu's part in this, he suspected that he already ran into one of them with Cloris earlier. Although it seemed more concerned with toying with them, rather than directly confronting them... Was it because he was willing to fight it off, or was it simply unconcerned with the method of attack?

Either way... This entire plan was sure to change the tides. He doubted that anything would be so confident after this.

Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 19 CSsroUv

Aegis's hologram flickered into view next to the Captain.

"Preparations are well underway. But it seems something is still on your mind, Captain."
    The AI spoke, and Karasu ended up giving a nod at those words.

"Yeah... We're going to be giving ourselves breathing room here. But there's still a lot about the enemy we don't know yet. Even still, we need this victory for the sake of morale."

Aegis gives an understanding nod, bringing a hand to her chin. After a moment, she then says;

"I'll be providing all the support that I can."

Karasu gives a small smile at Aegis's response.

"I know. I'm just wondering if I've overlooked anything. I know there's no such thing as a perfect strategy for war... But we can take as many advantages as we can get."

The AI ponders that for a little while.

"I'll continue to check over our strategy, and I'll let you know if I can determine any other courses of action that would increase our likelihood of success."

Aegis then declares, and the Captain seems to relax just a little in response.

"Thank you. I should be trying to rest right now, so I'll leave it in your hands."

Yes... There had indeed been someone that managed to get their way into Ray's quarters. And she had gotten quite comfortable on the bed while she waited for him to show up. She was planning a little surprise for him -- intending to have even more private time with him on the one hand, and on the other... She really wanted to help him relax.

From what she could tell, he was the type to worry about things a lot -- honestly, V could kind of relate to that. But she was also a machine, capable of dealing with stress a lot better than Humans could! Yes, she could get all of that stress to go away.

Of course. She hadn't anticipated that his particular form of surprise might be in the shape of suspecting that it was a hostile entity. But V rolled with the punches remarkably well to help diffuse the situation:

Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 19 RvWd11F

"Oooh~! It's a big weapon, too... You gonna give it to me~?"

... That being said, as much as she really wanted to get into that. Her attention couldn't help but be drawn to Klein as well. Such a weird little... Not quite a Drone, actually. But clearly a bot of some type. Her flirtatious expression gives way to a more confused one as she arches a brow.

"Who's the squirt?"

She calmly points at the penguin bot. At least she correctly recognized him as a child... Of course, Ray was more frantic in asking about how long she had been sitting there -- and then Klein proceeded to do what he did best. Sew chaos!

Ray was quick to act, however. Covering Klein's mouth and quickly shushing him to 'not say that again'. He then proceeded to very poorly change the subject in a not at all suspicious way. Totally.

It was in fact so not suspicious that V did this:

Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 19 EVjir3Y

But after letting that hang for a little bit, the flag retracts and her hand returns.

"I've been sitting here for awhile now -- and yes, I knew this was your room. I finished helping out and I figured I should check in on you!"
    She then gives a small smile as she continues to speak.
    "I had a feeling you were probably intent on overthinking and overworking. So I wanted to be here to make sure that didn't happen, and to help you relax."

J rolls her eyes at Uzi's insistence about these panties.

"Maybe I care about his opinions on what I should wear."

It's not like she had to justify anything that little Drone anyway... The twin-tailed Disassembly Drone simply left it at that, now returning her attention to Chaos as he began to explain the work he's accomplished on the Railgun -- and the praise that he had for J too.

She gives a rather chipper (and smug) smile at that. Although Chaos did suggest that he would be willing to fire the railgun for her as a guinea pig. J was about to speak up in protest of that, but Uzi already headed it off for very logical reasons.

Still... He wanted to work on the second railgun too. At least he was trying to pace himself, but as Uzi hesitates for a moment and glances over to J; the Disassembly Drone seems to understand, and gives a nod to Uzi.

Shortly thereafter, the Worker Drone explains that she'll handle the second Railgun, and that he's already done enough.

"I agree. You have an excellent work ethic, but it does need to be reined in to make sure you stay healthy."

With that, she walks over and moves an arm around him.

"Besides, it means getting to spend more time with me!"
    J then gives a glance over at Uzi, and decides to amend her statement just a little.
    "... And the others, too."

True, she preferred having some alone time with him. And she would be lying if she said she wasn't just a little possessive and jealous about some things. But he was also doing a lot for her, and she wanted to be a much, MUCH better girlfriend than his ex.

So, if he liked Uzi so much... What if she just sort of... Helped things along there?

It was an interesting thought. Normally one she would never have entertained before. But the possibility of it making him happy was enough for her to consider it.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Raymu likes this post

CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years

Post by CivilProtection Mon 15 Jul 2024 - 0:14

"Right Uzi, go ahead." I said, replying to Uzi. "Damn, I really wanted to fire it..." I said to myself in a quieter tone.

"Right Uzi, thanks for taking care of the second railgun, Uzi. Sometimes I forget Im just a weak fleshy being. Like what J said, I should rest for the time being. Maybe I should watch something I stole-- I mean, borrowed from the lounge. I atleast should do that after I watch you test that improved railgun, if you plan on doing it."

I blush as J puts an arm around me. "Y...yeah, I dont... mind spending time with you J and anyone else..." Oblvious to what J is hinting at, I continued. "I dont mind hanging out with a couple of people in my room..." Clearly not picking up what J is throwing down, I added on. "And have a lot of fun too, I'd enjoy it a ton." while not exactly sure what J really meant, everyone in the room is probably questioning this scientist.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Click Me!

Raymu likes this post

Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Mon 15 Jul 2024 - 20:22

Before leaving, Ray gave Lizzy's final question some thought. He stared at her with a surprising amount of unwavering conviction despite such a simple question being presented.

"Well in that situation I would work with them. We won't stand a chance if we don't try to work together. That goes for both humans and drones."

As he stepped away he noted Uzi's words. She was right, this was probably going to be far worse than what they had encountered so far. But he couldn't afford to rest yet. Not with things the way they were. Not when there was a potential threat walking with them. It wouldn't matter if they kept everything else out if they were just destroyed from the inside...But it was something he couldn't share with anyone else. No matter what he couldn't allow anyone else to get involved. Not again.

Of course...All of the engineer's attempts to create a contingency plan flew out the window when V had decided to relax in his room for a while. He paused in stunned silence as V teasingly asked if he was going to give her his weapon.

Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 19 EviM0vn

"It- um...It's a wrench."

He had...Completely missed V's double entendre. The engineer calmly turned just enough to set the tool back down on his desk, giving a sigh of relief after discovering the "big threat" was just V. His shoulders slumped ever so slightly as his body relaxed. V seemed curious about Klein, causing Ray to perk up in excitement. It seems even though he wouldn't admit to it, he was happy to share what he had made.

"Oh him? This is my super secret project I've been working on since before we crashed here! This is Klein, a highly advanced artificial assistant drone! He's got a constantly learning and adapting AI core that observes his surroundings and gleans information from it. Say hello Klein!"

Ray held the little robot out towards V, and the penguin seemed to go silent as he processed his next statement. Eventually his wings flapped and he responded!

"Hi! Klein loves pudding!"

Ray's smile vanished as he looked down at the robot, turning Klein to face him.

Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 19 BYQPWVD

"You can't even eat pudding...Wait did Chaos try to feed you pudding?!"

Even despite his best attempts to cover up Klein's chaos, it was clear that V was pretty suspicious of the whole thing...Ray laughed nervously as he watched her flag unfurl.

"He's trying his best..."

Ray blinked in surprise as V noted that she was fully aware this was his room - And more than that, she came here to check up on him. He wasn't entirely sure what to think of that. Not that it was unpleasant, he just wasn't very used to it. He slowly nodded to her in response.

"Thanks."

Buuut then she clarified further, adding that she was making sure he wasn't overworking himself or overthinking something that would have drained him mentally. The engineer flinched at that.

"N-No comment."

Still...At least she wanted to help him relax. Ray sat down on the edge of the bed next to V, his hands planted firmly on his knees as he watched Klein staring at them from the desk.

"So...What did you have in mind?"

The little penguin's wings flapped as he spoke up.

"Checkers!"

Ray simply shook his head no in response.

"I don't think now's a good time to play checkers buddy."

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Nothost
    Nothost
    Super Friend
    Super Friend
    Three years

Post by Nothost Tue 16 Jul 2024 - 11:49

Doll watched Ray as Lizzy continued inquiring about a “potential” corrupted drone. He seemed at least willing not to shoot first and ask questions later. That was about the best that she could hope for, considering that he seemed to be wary of her.

She gave her girlfriend a smile, squeezing her hand back. if she was here on her own, she didn’t know how long she could hold back her anger. Thank goodness Lizzy was here to help her keep a cool head about things.

Meanwhile, Uzi was currently arguing with a disassembly drone over the use of panties. A sentence Doll never thought she'd even be thinking about. The purple haired drone's eyes rolled on her visor.

“As if a guy knows anything about women's underwear.”

Uzi blinked, realizing something.

”This is Chaos's room, right? So why is there a pair of panties here?”

Normally she would have drilled a guy for that. But she decided to let that one go for now. It wasn't the right time, and for some reason she didn't want to embarrass Chaos. Not that she cared about his feelings. Nope, she totally didn't care in the slightest.

Uzi felt a knot in her stomach as J wrapped an arm around Chaos. She didn't know what the feeling was, but it was unpleasant. Then the disassembly drone looked over at her. Uzi let out a grunt.

”Yeah yeah. You and I both know he's going to spend most of his free time with you.”

When Uzi mentioned that she wanted to fire the gun first, she noted the disappointment on Chaos's face. She frowned at him.

”Hey. Don't be such a downer about it. I'll let you try it after me. I just want to make sure that it won't blow up in your face.”

If Chaos questioned how she could hear his quiet mumbling, Uzi would tap the side of her head.

”Drone hearing Chaos. I can hear your whispers loud and clear.”

She paused, looking at her railgun. ”Alright, let's test this baby out. Chaos, can you take me somewhere I can fire it safely? I don't want to risk blowing the ship up.”

She then paused, looking over and him and J. ”After that you and your girlfriend can relax together.”

Uzi sounded surprisingly sour about that, even for her. She didn't know why, but the thought of that put her in a bad mood. Well whatever! She was fire her railgun, make something go boom, and she would feel better after that.
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Thu 18 Jul 2024 - 22:11

Well, at least Ray was able to confirm that much. Lizzy could understand that these weren't ideal -- but she did believe that this might be the best chance of things... Doll might have her own opinions on the matter.

But either way, once they were alone, Lizzy turns her attention to Doll with a small smile. They didn't yet have the privacy to talk about more sensitive matters, but there was at least one thing to take away from all of this; "I'm here for you."

On decidedly less heartwarming subjects. Uzi questioned why a guy would know anything about women's underwear. J couldn't help but smirk.

"I will admit that fashion is an area usually dominated by women. But this is more about my partner's tastes than just fashion."

... And J's smirk didn't fade as Uzi got just a little bitter about the idea of Chaos spending all his time with the Disassembly Drone. Or at least most of it.
    "I dunno. Sounds like he likes you a lot. And I did make a whole scene earlier about how I would allow the possibility of other Drones..."

Yeah. Being on the other side of things like this meant that J could take a lot of amusement in the situation -- but there was one very key difference. She knew very well what it was like to NOT get the attention you were after.

So, any feelings of jealousy were easily suppressed by a level of empathy. Even if she would swear up and down that no such thing existed between her and a Worker Drone. Especially one as crude as Uzi...

J then leans in and whispers to Chaos in order to elaborate what she meant.

"I'm trying to get you hooked up with Uzi."

Yeah. Drone hearing. She didn't care if Uzi heard that. If anything it seemed like it would be deeply amusing if she did.

V's flirtatious expression gives way to...

Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 19 M3rNAk8

... Disappointment. That seems like the best way to describe it.

The whole innocent and naive thing was kind of amusing at first, but V REALLY needed to address this, otherwise the only way she was going to make it clear what she wanted was by basically stripping him of his clothes and straddling him.

And even then he might somehow misconstrue that.

"... Yyyeeeah. We need to have a talk at some point, you and I."

But at least the conversation moved right along to Klein! V's expression softens into something resembling curiosity as she listens to Ray's explanation of the little penguin bot. After a slightly delayed silence, Klein introduces himself with flapping wings.

"Pudding, huh?"

She asked. Ray seemed to be just as confused about that -- and began to question the bird bot about it. Not long after he also lets out a nervous laugh at V's suspicions, but simply explains that Klein is trying his best...

But at least the conversation shifts again, this time with him thanking V for her actions here.

"Oh, no problem! Not often that I get attached to someone, so I might end up a little protective."

V replies, lying back on the bed and stretching her arms overhead, grasping and toying with the pillow between her hands.

She can't help but smirk as she returns her gaze back to Ray and his quick denial over her assessment of the situation, though.

"Yeah. Seems like I was pretty on the mark there."

She soon fluffs the pillow and returns it back to the original position it was in, and sits up as he asks what she had in mind. Klein is the first to offer a suggestion; a board game of checkers. Ray wasn't so sure that would be a good idea, though.

Hmm. To be honest... V wasn't entirely sure now either. Her original plan was to be here alone with Ray. Klein was kind of an unaccounted factor in all of this. She brings a hand to her chin as she thinks it over.

"Hmm... Well, I did have certain... Amorous activities in mind. But I imagine they'll be a little awkward with Klein present."

She is able to admit that much, at least, rolling her hand to accentuate her words.

'So I guess we'll just have to come up with something together!"

With that, V hops onto her feet and calmly approaches Ray.

"Unless, of course, my original plan still sounds good to you?"

V teases with another flirtatious smile.

Last edited by Amord on Fri 19 Jul 2024 - 4:37; edited 1 time in total

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Raymu likes this post

CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years

Post by CivilProtection Fri 19 Jul 2024 - 0:24

While the two was talking about the pair of panties, I was blushing the entire time. "C...cant we just drop the subject? L...like... not all that important y'know? I... Im not a pervert or anything, and whatever I did that made it got there wasnt me alright?"

"If it makes you feel bad I can hang out with you, Uzi. We did planned on watching anime after all."

"Nah, Im not too depressed about firing the railgun, Uzi." I said once Uzi mentions me being sad over not firing it. "I just want to feel how powerful it is."

"...Oh right, you guys have super hearing..."

J whispered in my ear, mentioning that she is trying to hook me up with Uzi. While I did felt something was off about Uzi when we where talking with her, but I never knew she'd have feelings for me let alone a human. Thinking back to our conversations, she was pretty sour especially when me and J was together. I want to remain faithful to J, but at the same time I'd want Uzi to be happy. Would denying Uzi my companionship would make her happy in the long term? Maybe. But from what I heard she is pretty unpopular and I doubt she'd find herself a good boyfriend. I just gotta bite the bullet and open my scope to having a relationship with J and another drone.

"I..." I whisper back to J. "I gotta thank you later. But I promise I'll give you a ton of attention whenever I can."

"I have an idea, Uzi" I said, turning to her. "We should spend some alone time, just you and me. If you want. Completely up to you honestly. I want to make you happy as much as I can, so I think this'll be the best decision I can do for us."

While I was speaking with a ton of confidence, Im not entirely sure if this'll work. I'll disguise some small dates as "hanging out" and if that never really works, atleast we'd be great friends at the end of it.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Click Me!

Raymu likes this post

Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Sat 20 Jul 2024 - 22:23

V was very clearly upset by his attempts to play off her flirtation. The truth was that it wasn't as though he was totally innocent. He was fully aware what she was getting at. There were simply more complicated issues going on underneath it all. Ray frowned, tapping her fingers together nervously as he sat next to the drone.

"Really? But we're having a conversation right now."

The engineer sat in total silence as he watched her annoyed expression...Eventually he sighed, nodding. He wasn't going to be able to keep playing dumb it seemed.

"Yeah...I guess you meant "Without anyone else around". Give me a minute then."

He flinched when V used the word "Attached"...Yeah that made things a lot more complicated. And when she brought up how awkward her original plans would be with Klein here, well...

"You...You got me there, I guess I was going to work on a small...Side project...But I have a feeling I'd be making you pretty upset if I picked up another tool right now. Alright, Klein. Do you mind having some fun exploring the ship while we talk? If you need some easy entertainment just go find Uzi."

Ray sat Klein down on the floor, and the robot briefly turned towards the pair.

"Ooookie dokie!"

Klein wandered off through the bedroom's entrance, the door automatically sliding shut behind him. Ray wasn't entirely sure if it was a good idea to leave him to his own devices, but considering Klein DID manage to clean this room more or less by himself, it was probably worth putting more trust in him...With that settled, Ray cleared his throat, looking up at the ceiling.

"Aegis, do you mind cutting off all monitoring to this room for an hour? I promise I'll keep resting, and you can trust V."

Ray waited a moment after his request to Aegis before responding to V's question.

"N-No um...The things you had in mind sound fine. I just...Think maybe we should talk first."

The engineer pressed his pointer fingers together as he stared at the floor, not making eye-contact with V for even a second. What he had to say wasn't exactly easy to talk about, even if he didn't like her they would still be difficult, but now that there was a clear attachment between them it just made things even harder.

"Look, I...Mnnn...I really like you V. ... More- More than I usually like people. And I can tell you're flirting with me, the truth is that I'm not THAT oblivious..."

Ray bit his lower lip hard, trying to think of the right words to use as his hesitation built further. He wanted to run from this, run like he always did. But that wouldn't solve anything this time. If anything it would make things worse, it would create a rift between them that couldn't easily be repaired. He looked over at her as she laid on his bed.

"But am I...Really the kind of person you want to be with? For one thing, I'm a human and you're a drone. Maybe I don't care about that difference, I never have. But other people might see it differently. Even Cloris seemed to judge us pretty hard and she hasn't even seen much...And I'm... I'm not a particularly good man. I haven't done anything worthy of calling an accomplishment. Worse, I've done bad things that have caused trouble for a lot of people. You already know about how I smuggled drones out of the company, but the truth is that it goes deeper than that. Some of those things I don't even know if I'm ready to talk about yet. I don't know if I'll ever be ready to talk about it."

He frowned, having finally managed to get out what he was trying to say. Though he wasn't quite done yet as he continued speaking, watching her as she got out of his bed and stood up. Though she seemed to be trying to keep things positive, he still had a lot to get off of his chest.

"All of that is to say...Everyone I've ever gotten close to has gotten hurt, or worse. It seems to me like it's better for everyone if I try not to get too involved... I guess what I mean is that you still have a chance to change your mind. I won't blame you, and I won't be angry at you."

Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 19 44xOfgx

He managed to look up at V as she stood over him. It was likely becoming clearer to the disassembly drone at this point that he was afraid of a lot of things; intimacy, bonding, maybe even more than that. And he was pushing her away as a result. - Something she might be familiar with herself.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Nothost
    Nothost
    Super Friend
    Super Friend
    Three years

Post by Nothost Sun 21 Jul 2024 - 19:54

Doll wished she and Lizzy could have more of a private moment together. Although that wasn’t going to be available to either of them anytime soon. Even if there weren’t many drones helping out around here, there were probably security cameras everywhere. And Doll wasn’t eager to put her love life on T.V. Still, she gave her girlfriend a smile, reaching out and gently grabbing her hand. They had each other. For now, that was enough.

”So it’s about which panties your boyfriend gets turned on by the most?”

Uzi put it as bluntly as possible. Subtlety wasn’t exactly the purple-haired drone’s strong suit. She looked over at Chaos, slipping her hands into her pockets.

”That’s fine by me. I don’t want to spend all day talking about J’s panties.”

Uzi gave Chaos a little smirk. ”Now THAT’s something I want to talk about. You’re going to both feel and see the power of my railgun firsthand.”

Likewise, she wasn’t good at hiding her emotions. She blushed when J brought up the possibility of Chaos seeing multiple drones.

Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 19 L2nmeNU

”And what makes you think I would be interested? Why are you encouraging your boyfriend to pursue other girls?!”

And then it only spiraled from there. Uzi of course was able to hear J and Chaos’s conversation. She stared open mouthed as they talked about his interest in her. And then he asked her to hang out.

”What…. WHAT THE HELL?!”

Was this really happening? Nonononono, this couldn’t be happening. A human interested in her? And one who was also with a murder drone? Uzi couldn’t process any of this.

”Are you seriously trying to date me Chaos?! ME?! The human killing freak?! You want me to go on a date and be all gross and…. AGGGHHH!”

Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 19 G3F76Wg

Uzi clutch her head with both hands, letting out a loud yell. Uzi’s superhearing had completely backfired on her. Now the feelings she had been trying to suppress were coming up to the surface. And she didn’t know how to handle that.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 19 2pq8T3s

Raymu likes this post

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Fri 2 Aug 2024 - 13:06

Uzi put it as bluntly as she could, and then Chaos asked if they could move on from the subject. J, for her part in this, just calmly shrugs.

"Pretty much. I'm in a romantic relationship, why wouldn't I do or wear things that he likes?"

She does roll her eyes though as the Worker Drone remarks that she didn't want to talk all day talking about "J's Panties."

"Yeah, yeah."

As for the railgun, it was difficult for J to share the same enthusiasm. This wasn't an official JCJensen Product, and it was made by a Worker Drone. Still, at least Chaos was excited to see it in action, and if it made him happy -- then, wasn't it a good thing that she should be around to see as well? It was food for thought, so she left out any wise remarks at this point.

What she DID get wise about was the fact that Uzi did, in fact, hear her whispering. J was having just a little too much fun seeing the Worker Drone squirm like this.

"Why shouldn't I? I proclaimed it earlier for all to hear that it would be fine. It would be a bit silly for me to go back on my word now."

Yes, she had empathy for Uzi. Yes, she could relate to the fact that both of them wanted attention. But was she ever going to admit that so plainly? Of course not! J couldn't help but chuckle as Uzi's emotions came roaring to the surface and she loudly expressed herself.

"Oh, I'm enjoying this. Have fun you two!"

Despite her teasing, she did also give an appreciative smile to Chaos as he insisted he'd tend to her needs and wants later. The fact that he was even willing to say that meant a lot to her -- but she knew that she could count on him to mean it, too.

That was why she was so willing to do this, along with poking a bit of fun at Uzi here.

"Yeah, but I think you might not be understanding some of the things I'm saying."

V admits to Ray's initial response. Though surprisingly he does go on sigh and nod, and then admitted that she probably wanted some privacy here. So after he addresses Klein and sends him on his way, the next thing to do was to attend to Aegis. The terminal in the room gives a little blipping notification before she responds.

"Understood! If either of you require any assistance, you can manually reactivate my monitoring status in this room."

With another blip, they are finally left to their own devices.

What V wasn't expecting was for him to say that he DID like the ideas that she was proposing. But he does also request that they need to talk first, and she gives him an understanding nod. That was perfectly fine. He seemed to be really nervous right now, so she waited patiently for him.

It was hard for her expression to not turn to one of concern, though. This was obviously weighing on him pretty heavily, whatever it was. Eventually he does manage to confess his feelings, about how he liked V more than most people, and he wasn't as oblivious as he was letting on.

Now, V was happy to hear this, of course... She was blushing, and she smiled a little. But she was left with a burning question.

"So... If you're not that innocent, why pretend?"
    She asks, it didn't seem like she was offended, she was merely curious.

It does take him a little bit to work up the courage for this, but Ray finally manages to unload everything that has been weighing on him -- and it was a lot! V just gives a few nods to show that she's still listening, and she mainly lets him get through it all before she speaks.

This was all very important to him, so it deserved to be treated with respect. Most importantly, she also needed to address it the right way. Once he finally finished saying what he needed to say, she calmly places a hand on his shoulder.

"Ray, you and I both have a past. We've both done some things. Things that we regret, even if they might have been necessary."

She begins her response, pausing briefly as she considers what to say next.

"But I also know that I like you. I can relate to you. I feel like I can be who I really am around you."

She further explains -- this was obviously taking a bit of courage on her own part. True, she acted differently in public, and in private. But this was calling attention to that fact outright.

"So... If we can confide in each other, and make each other happy... I don't see a reason to change my mind now."

V then smiles softly.

"And I don't mind waiting until you're comfortable with getting more intimate... But I do think I can help you with all of that stress you're feeling right now. I want to lighten that burden for you, even if only a little."

Towards the end of what she was saying, there was more of a flirtatious tone to her voice. But true to her word, she was giving Ray the chance he needed to process all of this -- and to say if he was ready or not.

She could see a lot of herself in him... Maybe what they both needed was a chance to be vulnerable, and to share something more meaningful than the work they had gotten lost in for so long.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Raymu likes this post

CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years

Post by CivilProtection Sat 3 Aug 2024 - 5:47

"I cant wait to see very thing works and how much damage it can do, Uzi! When I saw you fire that thing way back in the bunker was really amazing!"

"C'mon Uzi, how many humans did you kill?" I said, trying to reassure her. "Even if you did, I'd try to have you reconsider your evil way. "Fix her" if you will. And, you are not a freak Uzi, atleast I dont think you are." I added. "Besides, I think your cute."

I noticed her freaking out, and I wasnt sure what to do. Part of me wants to put my hand on hers shoulder to reassure her, the other part of me wants to headpat her because I have the opportunity. Previously, she swiped my hand away when I tried to calm her down like this, and I get the feeling if I was another human being she'd bite my finger off.

Unsure of myself, I reached my hand out towards her. Calming down someone isnt something Im used to. My hand reaches hers head, giving her a few good gentle pats. "A...anyways, I dont mind dating a drone like you. I like you, after all." After ending that statement, I retract my hand before Uzi could make a swift move on my arm.

Dating two drones would be difficult, giving both even attention. Thankfully, I think I have enough love to go around and since it'd be just those two, it would be relatively easy to juggle between them. My fear would be they'd fight among each other but I think we can handle this together.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Click Me!

Raymu likes this post

Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Sun 4 Aug 2024 - 21:53

V had a simple question to start with. If he wasn't that innocent, why pretend? The engineer bit his lip as he hesitated to answer that question. After all, a simple question could only have a simple answer. But he had already spilled too much to simply cover it up, so with a deep breath Ray answered honestly.

"Because I...Was trying to push you away before you got too attached. I didn't want to be cruel either, but I think by trying to do it that way I just made things worse I suppose."

That was the truth he didn't want to admit to. Not just to her, but to himself. He had become jaded over time, it made it so much harder for him to bond with anyone else, he was only capable of surface-level friendships before he would start pushing others away out of fear.

"... If that makes you hate me then I guess I'll just have to accept it. The truth is...I'm weak. I'm a coward. I can't deal with the consequences of letting someone get close so I just start trying to distance myself. I've spent so long running away that I don't know how to deal with adversity. For as long as I've lived, anyone I've ever gotten close to ended up suffering, and then I was helpless to do anything about it. I've started to wonder if maybe they suffered because I got close."

He looked at the floor as he continued to speak. His hands gripped his knees until his knuckles turned white.

"And then there's you. Someone who's willing to fight for my sake, even when we're up against odds that aren't in our favor. My guardian angel. Even if I deserved that kind of protection...You're just going to suffer for my sake sooner or later."

Ray's eyes opened wide as the disassembly drone spoke. He looked up at V in the brief pause before she continued to speak.

"Regrets? You have...Regrets-?"

His eyes darted around nervously once those next words came. They cut off his train of thought completely.

"L...Like? You mean...Like like right? Um...Even though I'm not strong at all? Even though I've been pushing you away all this time? You still think that? ... Who you really are..."

Making someone else happy? Was he really achieving something like that? Even as he fully admitted to trying to keep his distance? Someone V could confide in...It was hard to deny that she looked so much less guarded here in this room where nobody else could see them compared to how she looked since...Well, the entire previous night. Almost like she was prepared for something to go wrong at any moment. But right now? When she could even smile...And despite everything she wasn't going to change her mind. Ray rubbed his arm, unsure of what to say. All besides one thing.

"... Maybe you're right. Even though it's a little difficult...Maybe it's okay if it's just us."

In response to V's own smile Ray tried his best to smile back at her despite the nervousness he was feeling over all of this. Eventually when trying failed he did his best to coax it the hard way, even if it might have looked a bit silly...

Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 19 SQM9aDW

Intimacy? The engineer's gaze drifted away from V as she mentioned it, though this time with the caveat that they could wait if he still wasn't ready. Ray lowered his head, sighing as he closed his eyes. Part of him wanted to say he wasn't ready. To just keep running away. But if V was taking the chance to be vulnerable and open with him...Maybe it was only fair that he gave her that chance too. With a moment of hesitation he looked up at the drone and nodded his head slowly as he slid back further onto the bed until his legs were no longer touching the floor.

"I...I want to try with you. Um...But I've only ever read about those kinds of things in books so...You might have to take the lead..."

Although he was clearly nervous, V might be able to notice that he also didn't seem to be against any of this as he gave her the slightest smile -- This time one that wasn't being forced with his hands.

What was a little robot to do when left to his own devices? Klein wandered the halls of the ship looking for someone to interact with, his small feet pitter-pattering against the cold steel floors. He paused however as his audio receptors picked up a very shrill noise.

Detecting new sound.... ..... Analyzing sound, please wait.. .... Sound analyzed: 50% teen angst. 40% confusion. 10% tension.

Klein's momentary pause was halted as he analyzed the sound...And quickly began racing after it. Soon enough the exchange between Uzi, J, and Chaos would be interrupted by a loud thump against the lab's door. ... And then another one. Annndd another one...And yet again another one. That same thumping noise would continue almost rhythmicly until someone went over and opened the door. When they did they would be greeted by the robotic penguin Klein, who made one last attempt at slamming into a door that was now opened. Once he finished this final task, his wings would flap as he addressed the person who opened the door.

"Hello! Klein loves pudding!"

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Nothost
    Nothost
    Super Friend
    Super Friend
    Three years

Post by Nothost Mon 5 Aug 2024 - 17:30

Uzi opened her mouth to argue, but then closed it as she processed what J said. She crossed her arms, looking away with irritation.

”I hate it when you make sense.”

She looked back over when Chaos complimented her railgun. Compliments weren’t exactly things she was used to. Hanging around with the humans had resulted in more directed in her within the last day and a half then she had in her entire life.

Still, she couldn’t let that distract from how awesome she totally was. She gave Chaos a grin.

”I blew that thing up good! I can’t wait to see how much damage this new model can do, hehehe.”

Of course, any control she thought she had was lost the moment Chaos and J made their intentions clear. Chaos especially caught her off guard. He seemed to know exactly what to say. Which was kind of the problem. Uzi grabbed her head with both hands and yet out a yell.

”GAAAAAH! I DIDN’T THINK YOU WERE SERIOUS J! AND GET OUT OF MY HEAD YOU MIND READER!”

That last remark was directed at Chaos. This time she didn’t knock away his hand when he pet her head. She was too stunned by how this was playing out to be her normal self. She looked over at the human, lowering her hands and pressing her fingers together.

“Chaos… I…”

Almost as if her prayers were answered, there was a series of knocks at the door. Uzi practically sprinted towards it, eager to get away from this conversation as quickly as possible. She opened the door, staring down at Klein.

”Oh thank robo Jesus! I’ll give you all the pudding you want Klein”

Hey, if this kept things from getting weird and feelingsy again, then she’d stuff the little robot with pudding.

Raymu likes this post

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Tue 6 Aug 2024 - 20:28

J was honestly having just a little too much fun at Uzi's expense. Honestly, a lot of this had turned into free entertainment for her. Plus, it was a way for her to show off why she fell for Chaos so fast; he had a way of getting to what the other person wanted and delivering on it.

Just when it seemed like Uzi's entire "tsun" shell was about to be destroyed -- there was a lucky series of knocks on the door, which the Worker Drone practically fled to, in order to open the door. She seemed ENTIRELY too happy to see Klein and have the conversation be about anything else.

J peers over, raising an index finger.

"Is he even equipped for eating pudding?"

She asks, arching a brow.

So in the end, it seems like Ray was doing something that V herself had been doing -- albeit towards J and N. Both of them had their reasons to push others away, under the notion of protecting them. This was one of many reasons why she could relate to him so much. It seemed like the more she learned about him, the more alike they were in all the right ways.

"Well. I don't know if I would say that it made things worse... I was just going to have to give you the talk about the 'birds and the bees', if it came down to it. Heh."

She admits with a little smile. Trying to lighten the tension for him, even if only a little. But there was a lot for him to get through still, and she listens intently to his every word. Eventually she places a hand on his shoulder gently, to comfort him.

"Look, I'm pretty tough. If something comes knocking around trying to cause trouble for you, I'll handle it. I'll prove that you don't have to be afraid or push anyone away."

V declared confidently -- they were words that she wanted to hear, but they were no less important to say for him here and now. Who knows? Maybe he'll end up being the person that will say those words to her in time. She had a pretty good feeling that would be the case.

All the more reason that she should do her best to keep him safe, in spite of anything that might come their way... Yes... She had spent long enough running. Now it was time to stand and face it.

That is why she gives him a nod when he asks about her regrets.

"Yeah. I'll tell you all about it later. For now..."

She trails off as he expresses his surprise. It seems that his entire train of thought had gotten disrupted. She gives him a firm nod.

"That's right. If that is all it took to get me to go away, then I don't think I would have been interested in the first place."

Still... Ray needed to wrack his brain for a bit, before finally being able to say the one thing he was sure of -- and then he manages to coax a smile out of himself, in a literal and physical sense. V ended up giggling softly at the sight.

Ultimately, he also admits that he's willing to try this, although he's inexperienced and needs her to take the lead... V gives him an understanding nod, and then she would join him on the bed, getting closer to him.

"Let's just take it slow, then."

She says softly. She brings a hand to up to his face, cupping his cheek.

"And let me know if you need to stop at any point."

After reiterating that point, she shimmies just a little closer, and trails her hand down his neck and chest. For now, clothing separated him from her touch. She watches him to carefully gauge his reaction.

And if he seems to be enjoying it, well... Then she would go just a little further, straddling his lap.

There were a few more steps to go through before she committed to removing clothes entirely. This was all to make sure that he was truly ready for this.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Raymu likes this post

CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years

Post by CivilProtection Tue 6 Aug 2024 - 22:09

I stopped headpatting Uzi, confused why she let me do it. I look at my hand. "I did that..." I said to myself. "I did that... with my hand!" I explained, proudly being the first human to headpat Uzi. "Maybe next time I can hug her!" I said to myself once more. Eventually, I snapped out of it, but I will headpat Uzi again!

I listen to Uzi as she spoke my name, but we where interrupted by a familiar voice, which Uzi let that thing in. "Klein?" I said to him, as I figured out who it is. "Why would a robot like that need pudding? And why does feeding it chocolate pudding sounds familiar?" I look to the minifridge which I snuck into this lab a while ago. "Is it you who have been eating my secret stash of pudding!? You're lucky you havent been eating the butterscotch flavored ones those is my favorite!"

"...Anyways, lets feed this thing some pudding." I said, as I walk towards Klein. Hopefully J wont find a way to tease Uzi about us feeding him.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Click Me!

Raymu likes this post

Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Wed 7 Aug 2024 - 12:19

Ray couldn't help but grin when V ultimately admitted that she was prepared to teach him about sex. He ended up shaking his head at that.

"That probably would have been pretty awkward for both of us."

V's attempts to lighten the mood definitely had a noticeable effect considering he was able to joke right back at her. What's more, as they continued to talk his body was visibly relaxing little by little. He did flinch for a very brief moment as she placed her hand on his shoulder, but he quickly relaxed again when she held a firm but gentle grip on him.

Still, those words...They might have been words V wanted to hear herself, but she said exactly what the engineer needed to hear. He was someone who was incapable of protecting himself, much less anyone else. The act of pushing a mine right in the path of that abomination the night before was something of a fluke. A miracle move that he pulled off without thinking. Ray was incapable of fighting physically, quite unlike V for who fighting was second nature.

He was still a bit bothered by having to rely on the disassembly drone to protect him...But all the same her words did a lot to comfort him.

"You...You really mean that?"

Ray lowered his head as he thought those words over...And eventually he looked up at her with a slight smile.

"Thanks V...I guess I can really count on you. Maybe as long as we look out for each other then that's good enough, right?"

He was more curious than ever about the regrets V held when she chose to omit them until later. Though he respected her wishes and simply gave a nod of understanding. It was only fair to give V the same courtesy the drone had extended to him.

Ultimately, the answer the disassembly drone gave him regarding whether or not she wanted to stay was satisfactory. If it was her choice then there was no guilt Ray had to hold onto. Besides, he couldn't linger on something like that for very long considering the moment they were about to share. He acknowledged V when she told him he could stop any time he wanted.

"Got it..."

His heart rate increased as she caressed his face so gently. To think that a machine designed for killing could be so soft...Even with her hands being separated from him by a layer of clothing his skin still tingled with each touch. His face grew flush as he sat back and allowed her to do as she pleased. As she drew closer he smiled slightly at her, giving her the go ahead to continue further. As V sat on his lap, he responded by placing a hand against her back to help steady her.

The warmth from her body was intense, but somehow also pleasant. It seemed paradoxical to him but he wanted more of that warmth, and in seeking it out he placed his other arm on her back, pulling her a little bit closer by hugging her firmly. That is, assuming she didn't stop him from doing so.

As his heart pounded in his chest his breathing became heavier. All he could think about right now was V. All those fears about the coming battle were muted as he focused on the drone in front of him.

"Feels nice..."

Were the only words he could really get out right now. The engineer was completely vulnerable. For the first time in what almost certainly felt like forever, Ray was entirely unguarded.

Klein watched as Uzi answered the door and quite happily agreed to give him pudding. His wings flapped in joy.

"Hooray! U. Z. I. is the best!"

J expressed doubt about the little robot's ability to eat anything, much less pudding. To that Klein argued in favor of pudding:

"Klein can do anything!"

And then he mimicked his creator's voice as if to add weight to what he was saying:

"Klein is a highly advanced assistant drone capable of high speed calculations."

... Of course, Klein being childish and naive didn't consider the fact that "high speed calculations" didn't exactly prove anything about his ability to eat pudding. Not that he was capable of that either as he was currently. Of course, all of that fell by the wayside when he saw Chaos. Klein excitedly waddled over to the Scientist.

"Hello pudding man! Klein loves pudding!"

When Chaos asked if the penguin drone had been eating his pudding, the little robot had gone noticeably silent for several minutes before his eye glowed and he gave a hesitant response.

"... Noooooooo"

Despite that ambiguously guilty response Chaos still agreed to feed him, causing Klein to quite happily flap his wings.

"Okie Dokie! Thinger Thing!"

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Nothost
    Nothost
    Super Friend
    Super Friend
    Three years

Post by Nothost Wed 7 Aug 2024 - 17:12

Uzi stared at Chaos with bemusement. She blinked, her confusion very evident.

Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 19 IxW84Lo

”Er… good for you I guess?”

Of course Uzi heard him talking to himself. Blushing, she snapped at the human.

”Stop talking to yourself out loud! I can hear you and it’s freaking me out!”

Uzi’s irritable mood continued on. She turned her head around, snapping at the other two people in the room.

”I don’t care why he needs it or if he can eat it or not! I’m giving Klein as much pudding as he wants!”

She turned, frowning if he mispronounced her name again. Curious about something, she pointed herself.

”Uzi. If you keep getting my name wrong you won’t get pudding.”

Was it a little mean? Maybe. But she really wanted to know if Klein really couldn’t pronounce her name right, or was refusing to do so.

Uzi waved a hand dismissively at the little drone. ”Yeah yeah. Klein is an advanced drone that can single handily save us all. Now do you want putting or not?”

And with that they would go to get the strange robot pudding. Uzi walked beside Klein, making sure the conversation didn’t get back to anything weird.

”So um… do you like… have a favorite flavor of pudding? Or do you like them all equally Klein?”

Last edited by Nothost on Sun 11 Aug 2024 - 6:36; edited 1 time in total

Raymu likes this post

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Fri 9 Aug 2024 - 21:30

J couldn't help but snicker a little as Chaos so bluntly celebrated being able to headpat Uzi. The Worker Drone had some very entertaining reactions.

More importantly though, Klein decided to weigh in on his ability to have pudding... By mimicking a statement from Ray. J crosses her arms.

"What do calculations have to do with eating pudding?"

She asked... Then again, Klein also greeted Chaos with the name "pudding man", and then Chaos also mentioned that feeding him pudding sounded familiar. Coupled with his totally-not-suspicious denial when asked about the stash of pudding...

The Disassembly Drone couldn't believe it. Did they really make a robot that could eat pudding?

What purpose would that even serve?

"... I'm at least ninety percent certain that Ray didn't create his robot with this function."

J remarks. But also doesn't make a move to stop either of them. At least not directly... Instead she smirks, spying an opportunity.

"But I guess this is good practice for your baby boy or girl."

V couldn't help but giggle softly as Ray admitted that her efforts probably would have been awkward for both of them, in light of the truth of things.

"Maybe. But a little bit of awkwardness for something nice seems like a fair trade."

Still... It seems like her words had a profound effect on Ray. Starting with him asking if she really meant it, and she answers with a nod. Before long he thanks her, and expresses his sentiment that if they look out for each other, maybe that would be enough.

V couldn't help but smile at that. It sounded nice, and she wanted to believe that to be the case. So even if it was silly or unreal, she was going to commit to that ideal with him. He deserved to hear the whole truth about her regrets -- but later. She didn't want to bring the mood down right now. She wanted to cast aside her burdens and focus on something else.

She wanted to focus on Ray. He was so unlike everything on Copper-9. Not at all like the Worker Drones, or those monsters. He was soft, a little squishy. There was some warmth to him, and it wasn't unpleasant.

If she focused, she could feel his pulse, the soft movements from his breathing. When he moves his hand around her back, she gives him an approving smile. Soon he moves his other arm around her, and pulls her a bit closer.

She cooperates, leaning in. With one hand gently rested on his chest, she moves her other hand to tug on the zipper of her jacket, opening it. She straightens out ever so slightly, and pulls the jacket off before tossing it onto the floor.

Finally, she moves her hands towards her chest -- and her modesty panels, and begins to remove them as well. She trails her hands down, resting them on her thighs for a moment as she lets him take in the sight.

Then she removes just one last panel from her person; baring it all for him.

And then she finally lies against him, pressing her body against his. She gives him a more flirtatious smile, blush lines filling her eye-screen.

And after a little while for both of them to enjoy this... She sits up again, this time beginning the process of removing his clothing...

Her actions all up to this point were slow and deliberate, giving him plenty of time to communicate.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Raymu likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 18 Oct 2024 - 1:05