Magical gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Magical gamers

A forum for games, stories and much more!

2 posters

Mad Father - The True Ending

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

Mad Father - The True Ending Empty Mad Father - The True Ending

Post by Amord Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:34 am

So I've just finished watching Mad Father on Youtube, it's a game about Aya Drevis, I'm sure most, if not all of you here, know about it. Moving onto the point, the endings are surprisingly... Dark.

Even the "best" ending leaves some sour implications in your mouth, but I'm going to analyze details about the ending. I'm gonna cover as much as I can without making this seem like I'm pulling details out of my ass.

Let's start with Aya's Mother. During the game, she seems quite benevolent.... At least, for the first playthrough. On the second playthrough, you can find notes which give implications that Aya is becoming like her Father. Mistreatment of animals, curiosity of anatomy, etc. And her Mother seems to approve of this.

Then there's the connection of mini-chainsaw, and the chainsaw that the Father uses. Yeah, they pretty much beat it over your head that that "Aya is becoming like her Father".

But, this is at first glance... Aya's just gone through a traumatic experience. Several of them, in fact. But all along the way, she's trying to end the suffering of many subjects she comes across. Or the ones that are willing, in any case.

She also went out of her way to save Maria during the True Ending, despite the fact that her Father was going on his little psychotic rampage. Basically what I'm saying is, during the normal course of her childhood, she was very possibly becoming like her Father.

But, the curse begins, Aya has a sudden 180 on... Most of her curiosities. It doesn't make sense that she would so willingly put herself in danger to save/help so many others if she were becoming heartless like her Father is. Yes, there is a scene where she cuts open an animal to retrieve a key.

But we're talking an animal here, an animal that would try to kill her any other day if given the chance. An animal that is, also added on, blocking her path to save those that she cares about.

All that taken into account, let's get onto the ending, shall we?

So the Mansion is burned down to prevent such a tragedy from happening again. Dio [the boy with the bandages over where his eye should be] asks her not to forget the people here, and the sacrifices that were made.

So Aya escapes from the Mansion with Maria. It's implied that things turn out pretty well for them. Oh. And Aya picks up a book that most likely belonged to her Father. There's a theory that, since this takes place off screen, and because of her odd dialogue after being asked "Is something wrong?" that it might not be Aya -- But we'll come back to that later.

So we come to the actual Ending Sequence. Several years later. Aya's now an Adult [or at least a Teenager], and runs her own Clinic. Maria's still around and helping her.

A bit of dialogue that Maria says "It runs in the Family", combined with how Aya acts in the ending, pretty much makes anyone go "Welp, she's becoming like her Father."... But this is at first glance. Let me elaborate.

The current 'victim', Jean, states a few things of interest. Let's start with the first notable line.

"I've heard a lot of good things about this Clinic."

This is a critical line. If Aya has indeed become like her Father, sure as hell wouldn't be hearing good things about that Clinic. You'd be hearing all kinds of rumors about how Patients go there and never return.

You can make the argument that Aya only treats the homeless/those without relatives, but then in comes Jean's next line of dialogue...

"My family is poor, so my Doctor gave up on me."

Jean has a Family. As such, Aya's probably treated others that have Families as well. This adds up with the line of dialogue where she's heard good things about Aya's Clinic.

There's a theory that Jean is the first victim. Possible, but this doesn't add up with Aya's personality that we've seen in the game. Aya is so ready to put herself at risk to aid others. Knowing that fact, it doesn't make sense that she would take a 180 trip down the Moral Event Horizon to "The Father" style experiments.

Flashback to that book she picked up after the Mansion was set on fire. There's more than enough reason to believe that it belonged to her Father. The contents of the Book are never revealed, and... Indeed, even Aya's reaction to it is not seen, it all takes place off screen. So we don't know what the Book is about.

There's a scene where she catches up to Maria, Maria asks "Is something wrong?", and Aya replies in a very odd fashion. You could theorize that it's not Aya at this point, but it's never explicitly stated, and Maria herself does not notice any major differences, apparently.

Here's what I think the Book was used for, if it did contain her Father's research. She took all of that information and began to mold it to her motivations. Instead of trying to create a 'perfect doll' for 'purity', she could be using such a thing to aid others.

That's right. A supernatural understanding of anatomy that allows Aya to perform above and beyond what most normal Doctors can do. Using the research for good. Maria's line "It runs in the Family" can mean a lot of things, not just "Evil Experimentation Tiem!".

It can refer to the fact that Aya chose to become a Doctor.

It can refer to the fact that Aya has an uncanny understanding of anatomy and how best to operate on it [this is even shown in canon, when she saves Maria's life].

And finally... Aya's Promise to Dio, and all the other Subjects. She promised never to forget their sacrifice and suffering.

Conclusion?

It can go either way. It's the Player's Preference.

Personally? I believe she turned out good.

But if you want her to be evil, then... She can be evil.

Until an official sequel of some sort comes out and confirms it either way, it's Player Preference. You decide the ending that you want to the story.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Aut viam ivenium aut faciam | I shall either find a way or make one
    CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

Mad Father - The True Ending Empty Re: Mad Father - The True Ending

Post by CivilProtection Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:23 pm

CP Ending: CP adopts Aya and teaches her not to become like hers father, stuff like that

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

*Loves Alice Margatroid, but dresses up as Nue Houjuu* *Seems Legit*

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:52 pm