Magical gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Magical gamers

A forum for games, stories and much more!

WaPeach Game Concept

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

WaPeach Game Concept Empty WaPeach Game Concept

Post by Amord Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:05 pm

WaPeach Game Concept WaPeach_20

Gameplay Concept:

Axe-centric gameplay. Starts off with a big axe.

Make the Axe satisfying to use. Should be fast, but not without weight. When a strike connects, it should send enemies flying. ESPECIALLY on big strikes.

Start off with a Vertical Overhead available to you as a special move. The more height you can get out of a jump, the more power it has. It can obliterate anything with enough height. Massively fucks up Bosses. Should be pinballed from it.

Should get upgrades over time. New moves. Maybe new Axes (at least one for the story).
    Contrast with Wario, who is mainly motivated by treasure. He gets what he wants and then he gets out of dodge. WaPeach goes apeshit on her enemies.

Upgrade Concepts:

Two small axes that unlocks an aerial divebomb/lunge attack. Also gives her the ability to climb walls by walking up them, slamming the Axes into the wall in order to keep going up.

Another two axes could be used to repeatedly pound the floor, sending out shockwaves -- and potentially being used to open paths underground. Or damage enemies and bosses in certain weaknesses.

Some kind of axe with a jet on it, maybe. For the equivalent of super jumps/flying uppercuts.

Maybe throwing axes to round out the moveset?

Spinning Technique with the Axe, maybe? Whirlwind while moving.

Story Concept:
    For her first game, it should address that she's a Former Princess -- Fallen Royalty from a Ruined Kingdom. She's on a war path against the ones that destroyed it. Along the way she's collecting things from the stages.

Power Stars, Axe Fragments -- maybe both. All to build up to a "Super Axe" that she intends to use to rebuild her Kingdom.

Final confrontation is with her own final boss. The one responsible for destroying her Kingdom.

Simple and straightforward. Story and gameplay should go hand-in-hand.

You have big axe. Commit smash.

May expand if I get more ideas.

I'd try to make this if I was any good at all of the things needed for game design. Even before coding comes into the fray.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Aut viam ivenium aut faciam | I shall either find a way or make one

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:00 am