Magical gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Magical gamers

A forum for games, stories and much more!

2 posters

Dynasty Warriors - Toppling Lu Bu

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

Dynasty Warriors - Toppling Lu Bu Empty Dynasty Warriors - Toppling Lu Bu

Post by Amord Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:47 pm

Ahh, Dynasty Warriors and Lu Bu. If you're familiar with the series, then you're probably familiar with the famous "Hyper Boss", Lu Bu. And it's no surprise why. He appears in the second stage of the game without fail!

Also without fail, he is the fastest character in the game, and he's a damn hard hitter with a hell of a range on him. Most of his attacks having a sort of 360 cone or area of effect. And when you unlock him? He has the highest stats out of all the unlockable characters. He's certainly earned the recognition. Here, I'm going to tell you how to defeat him in each game -and- unlock him, to boot!

Dynasty Warriors 2:
    Arguably his weakest incarnation. While Lu Bu still has some of the best attributes in the game, like an amazing attack speed and the best counter... He lacks the impressive range that the later games give him. He also doesn't have an absurd amount of defense. In other words, he's a character that you can't brute force. You just need to play tactically.

And that's highly recommended because each time you knock him down, he gets some sort of aid. This can range from Health regens to Attack x2 or Defense x2. And far as I can tell, they don't run out. This can give the -illusion- that he is immortal, but he is fully beatable. All "Bosses" in Dynasty Warriors 2 utilize this feature, so Lu Bu makes a perfect practice dummy.

He's not exactly the most aggressive, and he can't break through your block [at least not consistently]. One other thing... Do -not- attack him while he's blocking, not even charge attack or Musou. They won't break through his guard, and you simply run the risk of him using his amazingly fast Counter. Other than that... He's a simple takedown.

Method to Unlock:
    Defeat 1000 Soldiers on Hu Lao Gate. This can be done by taking Cao Cao's Route [preferrably with Guan Yu], and then only clearing out the officers until you reach Li Ru. Defeat him, and then stay right at the "tunnel" and let the soldiers pour in. You may need to do some running back and forth for them to build up. Eventually, you'll get the 1000 KOs needed. He can only be played on Hu Lao Gate, sad.

Dynasty Warriors 3:
    Everyone likes to say that this is the strongest incarnation. I took him down twice with fresh characters. Specifically, Ma Chao and Guan Yu. Both with level 1 weapons and stats nowhere -near- maxed or even raised from their starting values.

Basically what you want to do is keep the pressure on him, or keep him off of you long enough to deal with his bodyguards... Pro Tip: His Bodyguards are -dangerous-. They'll slash at your back while you're focused on Lu Bu. And I'm sure I don't need to tell you what happens when Lu Bu's Bodyguard starts attacking you while Lu Bu himself is still standing.

Yeah, it's not pretty. So try to keep the Soldiers at a relatively safe distance and/or dispatch them as best as you can. Once Lu Bu is by himself, he's really easy to keep locked. Again, you're not breaking through his block, but he can't counter anymore. Just be aware that he can and -will- break through your block. Basically, juts don't give him the chance to attack you. Utilize his openings, he's predictable as hell because his first instinct is to rush you and overwhelm you.

Methods to Unlock:
    Defeating Lu Bu causes a Supply Captain to appear, you can get Red Hare, this comes highly recommended.

1000 KOs nets you Lu Bu himself. This time, he can play through -any- stage you've unlocked in Free Mode. But he has no Story Mode without Extreme Legends. Sad. Most of the tactics are the same, you just want to push through to Dong Zhuo's Camp, there are three gates there, which causes a -lot- of enemies to pour out as you clear them out. It's not hard to get the 1000 KOs needed.

Dynasty Warriors 4:
    -Now- we're getting to his most dangerous incarnation... On here, he has a charge attack that will not only break through your guard, but do an -obscene- amount of damage... I'll be fighting him soon enough.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Aut viam ivenium aut faciam | I shall either find a way or make one
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Dynasty Warriors - Toppling Lu Bu Empty Re: Dynasty Warriors - Toppling Lu Bu

Post by Raymu Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:07 pm

I can't beat Lubu or Ryofu on Mickey Mouse the video game, please halp

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Dynasty Warriors - Toppling Lu Bu TowersignatureBorderSmaller
    More Things:
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:11 pm

Remember to use your Barrel Roll.

And then you have to use the Boost to get through.

Once you've done that, press up up, down down, left right, left right, b a select start. You'll unlock Chouryou as a companion, and she'll talk Ryofu into doing her job.

Ryofu is now playable. Mission successful.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:12 pm

Amord wrote:Remember to use your Barrel Roll.

Once you've done that, press up up, down down, left right, left right, b a select start. You'll unlock Chouryou as a companion, and she'll talk Ryofu into doing her job.

It worked, but then Lubu fell on a polearm.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:13 pm

That's supposed to happen. What happens in that scene is that Ryofu shoves him aside so that she can see the Butterflies, and Lu Bu clumsily falls onto a Polearm.

That's how you get passed the obstacle.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:18 pm

Raymu wrote:
    Amord wrote:Remember to use your Barrel Roll.

It worked, but then Lubu fell on a polearm.

To further answer your question, Raymu, it won't be easy.

You will first need to collect the sacred peanut butter from Damascus while a shaman attacks you with a Mario 2 sprite, Lubu loves the smell of peanut butter and will easily be lured towards it, you must then call upon the sacred parakeet men from planet 9, where they will test you. To pass this test you must recite word for word, every Elvis presley song ever made, then they will blast the polearm with a plasma thingy. But polearms are vengeful, and will attempt to seduce Lubu with the promise of peanut butter, to stop this from happening, go to your local doctor and get admitted to an insane asylum, promptly escape and then wait exactly ten days to play the game, after which the polearm will become confused, then proceed to tackle it's underbelly. Finally, Lubu will be safe.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content