Magical gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Magical gamers

A forum for games, stories and much more!

Currently Untitled Mecha Story.

Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

Currently Untitled Mecha Story. Empty Currently Untitled Mecha Story.

Post by Raymu Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:22 pm

The First Chapter
    Desire for simpler times

"It was 2016, that...Was so long ago, but I still have nightmares about it, this moment in history is simply called "The Fade" by anyone and everyone...Back then Earth was alive, beautiful, even looking past the sins of man you could still appreciate it's green fields and crystal waters, but man tampered too much, we were destroying the atmosphere, all of our experiments with new energy sources did this, our greed was disintegrating the one thing keeping us from the vacuum...The world's leaders had to make a choice, one of the hardest ones ever...We would all migrate to newly terra-formed planets, letting Earth fade away in peace. Given that the atmosphere would still hold for a good 60 or so years, to avoid mass chaos, they migrated humanity slowly over the years, but even that couldn't keep people from their emotions, so many angry, sad, confused and scared people, they all didn't want things to go like this, I didn't either, but eventually they started doing it by force, even....Even though no one wanted to force innocent families to leave their homes, it had to be done.

Maybe the right choices aren't always the easiest to make.

It's been 54 years since that event, since that long nightmarish event that even today seems like a bad dream you just want to wake up from. But so much has changed for the better...There is one grand leadership presiding over all of the planets, we've made space travel a very easy task and now we are all in a new age of exploration, we have a Galactic Navy to protect our planets from any threats that may arise and medicine has become incredible...We can now cure a man of any disease, people can live healthy lives they had no chance of obtaining all those years ago...But I still miss the old days, that I can't change at all, I would give anything to go back with today's technology, just to try and change the course of things, maybe then things would be okay, instead of having to live in this bittersweet Utopia, with it's grime and evil hiding in the crevices where the eyes of innocents don't peer. "

The aging man closes up the book he was writing in, setting it on his desk. He stands, going over to the window and looking out over the massive city he was living in...Skyscrapers taller than anything ever seen on Earth, cars, mechs, all kinds of vehicles going to their destinations amidst the almost blinding amount of neon signs and roads, "Ardens Caeli" a sign read, naming the city and welcoming visitors to it, even the smallest buildings are impressive as everything floats a few miles above the surface of a red planet, seemingly unaffected by the powers of gravity, carefully holding onto it's residents.

A sign on the door of this man's office reads "Private Detective", a job he's been doing for all too long, he has connections all over the place, giving him an advantage over detectives working for law enforcement. The name plate on his desk read "Malcom Harris" a name one would find back on Earth...His office is gloomy, dimly lit only by the city before him, the digital clock on the wall is providing a soft light, quickly smothered by the darkness of the room, it reads "0047".

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Currently Untitled Mecha Story. TowersignatureBorderSmaller
    More Things:

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:52 am