Magical gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Magical gamers

A forum for games, stories and much more!

2 posters

Facing Fears

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

Facing Fears Empty Facing Fears

Post by Amord Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:09 pm

Music

I'd lost track of how many floors we cleared in this 'game'... Somewhere in the 70s, I think. I was one of the frontline members. Alongside a few friends of mine. As well as several powerful guilds. None more notable than the Knights of the Blood, however.

During my journey, I met a girl named Sachi. She was part of a tiny guild named the Moonlit Black Cats. I made it a point to stick around with her, which sort of made me a member of their group. They had more than a few close calls. I don't think anything came as close as on Floor 27, though.

They managed to work up enough money to buy a house. So the leader decided to head back and do just that. While the other members thought it would be good to head into the dungeon and secure some Cor... Dumb bastard opened up a hidden door and triggered a trap.

I managed to get everyone backed into a corner and then I fought off all the enemies. They kept gunning for the others, but I wasn't going to let them pass. After that, they all decided it was time to stop taking risks... Well, except for Sachi. She made it a point to stick closer to me than ever before.

She hasn't come as close to dying as she did back there in that trap... But that hasn't eased any of the fears that I have. The floors are getting that much harder. Sleep doesn't come very easy, either... I have nightmares about not being able to save Sachi for some reason or another.

I've never talked to her about it. It was another one of those restless nights... A few times I didn't make it back before she woke up, and she wondered what happened to me. I always assured her it was nothing serious. I just needed to get out and clear my head for a moment. So it was night on Floor 61 and here I was, walking through the streets of the city. Along the way I met a familiar face.

Asuna...
    "What are you doing out here so late?", she asked. From her expression and tone, it was easy enough to tell that she knew something was wrong with me. I give a shrug in response. "Couldn't sleep." was all that I added. Seemed like she wasn't just going to leave it at that, though.

"Come on. I have a few drinks. You and I need to talk about your health.", she turned and started walking... Always making sure I was following her, of course. Well, I wasn't going to refuse. Maybe it'd help. She brought me to her house and served some drinks. She was having tea, but to my surprise she offered me something alcoholic. Nothing too heavy of course -- Not that it mattered in a virtual reality.

After having a few drinks and exchanging a bit of small talk here and there, the discussion comes down to why I always seem to be worse for wear...
    "Obviously something's bothering you, so what is it?"

I let out a sigh. Maybe it'd be better to just get it off of my chest. "I've been having nightmares when I try to sleep. Generally the same type with a few differences... It always concerns Sachi, and me not being able to help her." I began, and Asuna had fallen silent. Thoughtfully listening to me.

"They weren't so bad before. First started around Floor 27... After that it died down when we decided to get married. But the state of things as we progress and... The fact that I don't want to lose her hasn't helped things.", I stated. And then Asuna began to speak. "Have you talked to her about any of this?"

I shake my head. "No. I wouldn't know what to say to her. And... She's scared. I think if I did end up saying anything, it'd just end up making her panic even more... I have to be the one that she can rely on, you know? I've always been the type to fight for others." I responded.

"But now that I have something that I want, and I'm willing to fight for... It scares me out of my goddamn mind. It's the first time I've wanted to run and hide. And I don't think she'd be entirely opposed to that sort of idea.... But I want to be strong for her. She deserves that."

After sharing a few more drinks, Asuna gives me a light punch on the arm. "Idiot. You need to spend time with her... Shouldn't need me to tell you that, Karasu.", I rub my arm. She wasn't wrong, though... I needed to do something, because things were about at the breaking point...

(Got the idea to write all this up and decided to get it out of the way while the ideas were fresh.

Feel free to add onto it, if you guys like. Facing Fears 962864578)

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Aut viam ivenium aut faciam | I shall either find a way or make one
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Facing Fears Empty Re: Facing Fears

Post by Raymu Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:18 am

Meanwhile, in Asuna's bedroom... "Zzz...Asuna made sandwiches, yessss!" I bite...Asuna's pillow.

(...Facing Fears 825290558)

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Facing Fears TowersignatureBorderSmaller
    More Things:
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:53 pm

myusic

It's late at night, and there I am pacing around the cabin Asuna and I own... Bastards...BASTARDS!! I turn towards the wall and begin punching it quickly and furiously!! AAAGGGH! HYAAAGGGHHH!!! My punching and yelling slows down by the second until final I stop... Raghh...I'll kill them... I fall back and turn to lean against the wall, looking down at the floor. What can I do?! I'll kill them all! How dare theyy!!

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:43 am

Eventually, Asuna enters the room. Seems like she had just gotten back from picking up a few ingredients. None of the monsters on this floor were a threat to her, and hunting was a good way to keep her skills from 'dulling'.

Plus there were a few cases where she could actually go shopping. The pelts went for a decent enough price. It wasn't anything that was going to make them rich fast, but having money saved up helped... Though, when she entered she didn't look as happy as she normally did.

It was easy to understand why; she could hear Alex as she was approaching. At first, she said nothing, just setting her things down neatly. And then she walked over to him, sitting down next to Alex.
    "... So, what happened?"

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:00 am

Without saying a word, I hand her a note. One I found outside...One from those Laughing Coffins. It's clear from reading it that it's a direct threat on Asuna. Who has the NERVE?! We just got through the fighting with those..."People", and yet HERE THEY ARE! Still coming after us. It just...BAFFLES ME.

I'm already furious again, just having brought it up... I'll kill them all! They can't do this!! I'll hunt them down one by one!!! I'll maje their lives a nightmare for this! I. WILL. MAKE IT STOP. I begin pounding my fists onto the floor as hard as I can manage.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:06 am

Asuna reads over the note for a moment. Once again she had fallen silent. However, she leaned over to Alex. Resting her hands on his shoulders. "That's enough... You know how strong we are. And the Laughing Coffin Guild would have to be suicidal to try and attack the front lines." she spoke in a calm tone of voice. Truthfully, the threat didn't even bother her. If it was a fight they wished, they would have come a long time ago... They wouldn't have ran away so many times, either.

That wasn't the important part here, however.
    "If you go rushing out like a madman to fight them, you're playing right into their hands... Think for a moment. Assassins aren't meant for direct confrontations. They would strike from the shadows, it's their only advantage. They make it count."

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:49 am

But I HAVE to protect you! I have to protect our home! Some lousy assassins can't do crap all to me! If I can't even do that much...What am I worth as a man? As...Anything, really? I begin calming down, at least a little.

They just...Can't get away with something like this. It's underhanded. I have to make them afraid of us, it's the only way! I stand up afterwards!

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:52 am

Asuna immediately stands up, and then gets in front of you! "I said no, and that's that! Sheesh... At the very least, I'd go with you. And if you say no to that, then you're not going hunting for them either! You're giving them every single advantage if you go alone and let anger blind you! What is the ONE thing that has made it so we always win against them?"

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:15 am

Well....I...I don't know! We were fighting on our terms, I guess...

I pull her into a hug, holding her tightly. But I'm not letting anything happen to you... I have to protect you!

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:19 am

Asuna nods, returning the hug. "On our own terms, and we were prepared... If you rush out there right now, you won't be able to protect me. You'll just get yourself killed... Understand? We'll deal with them, but we're not going to play into their hands."

With that, Asuna finally takes on a soft smile. "You know... You don't have to shoulder everything alone. I can protect you from time to time, too."

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:23 am

R...Really..? I look her in the eyes, my own eyes filled with frustration and fear over everything that's transpired.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:26 am

"Of course! Now, you look worn out... Let me make you some food, then you should get some rest... Even if you can't sleep, it'd still help."

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:33 am

Hey... I stop her as she's heading to the kitchen. Let's sleep together tonight.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:07 am