Magical gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Magical gamers

A forum for games, stories and much more!

2 posters

A Measured Response to Voice of Saint Quartz

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

A Measured Response to Voice of Saint Quartz Empty A Measured Response to Voice of Saint Quartz

Post by Amord Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:04 pm

Spoiler Alert: This is mostly just going to be me ranting for the entire thread, but I want to get it off my chest so I can stop replaying it in my head. I'm going to be tackling each of the major points in Voice's video "Don't quit over Jeanne Alter"

Video Here

Because I think they're flawed and shouldn't be used as an argument, even if I agree with the overall message, which is "Don't quit over not getting one character".

And without further ado... Let's begin.

>"I've got about a million and one reasons as to why this is the case, but I've narrowed it down to just these few for time convenience."

Fair enough. Though I think that makes you come off as biased about the subject, like you hate the character. That's certainly not foreshadowing for anything.

>"There are plenty of equally strong, or, dare I say it, BETTER Servants."

Subjective and not entirely true.

>"If you wanted Jeanne Alter for gameplay reasons, she's just a big stick. And she's not even at the top of the list for big sticks! Probably because there are multiple big sticks in the game who don't basically do neutral damage to EVERYONE. Class Advantage is still a thing! And it's better than any Avenger. Honestly? I'd rather have a Ruler."

A Ruler only takes reduced damage, they won't deal effective damage. Also, the number of Rulers in the game is small. There is ONLY four. One of which you can ONLY get through story, and the remaining three are limited servants. Let's compare stats and skills, shall we?

Spoiler:

So as you can see, you pick a Ruler if you want a fucking Tank, not a damage dealer. We're not even a minute into your three minute shitshow and you can't make a decent argument.

>"Which leads me to my second point. Don't sum up your feelings for an entire franchise on a single servant. Especially one who is just a bootleg knockoff of another servant. Crafted as the wet dream of an unfortunate child molester, and later introduced into the game to manipulate your emotional ties to your wallet.

This woman is fictional. Even inside her own fictional universe. It sounds like I'm insulting her, but this is pretty damn close to the facts. I'm sorry. At least other alter characters have cooler backstories."

Gonna go ahead and tell you to fuck right off for that one, Voice. Like it or not, Jeanne Alter is not a "fake character", at least not in the Nasuverse. She was made real, and if you paid attention to the lore you would know this, but I get the feeling you're here to bitch about a popular character because they're popular.

You know another character that is "fake", to such a point that they are actually referred to as a FAKE SERVANT? Sasaki Kojirou. But I bet you're not going to bitch about him in the slightest because that would undermine your point.

>"Cu Chulainn Alter, while, yes, summoned at the behest of a perverse queen (who could still more than likely kick your ass) is a King with invincibility on par with Godzilla in his best movies. Scary as all hell. There are more characters in Fate/Grand Order, even among the muddy sith lords, than one edgy goth chick who isn't even a queen. Like the memes might lead you to believe."

And fuck you again. First.

*slaps Medb with cheese*

She's fucking dead. I'm not even joking. Look up how she died.

Secondly, you're going to go on about 'edgy goth chick' while simultaneously praising Cu Chulainn Alter? The motherfucker is so edgy that EVERY PART OF HIS COSTUME IS COVERED IN SPIKES. AND GETS MORE SPIKES AS YOU ASCEND HIM.

He wasn't even a good King, nor did he own up to that role. Jeanne Alter was at least a commanding presence, Cu Chulainn Alter delegated all of that to Medb, and just rampaged because 'oh look how edgy I am, everyone will be dead on this battlefield except for me.'

And if your argument is that he's powerful and that makes him cool, then not really. There are just as many arguments that you can make about him being a Mary Sue in that singularity, almost literally because MEDB FUCKING MADE HIM THAT WAY. But hey, it's fine when Medb does it? Because at least she looks like a waifu. The hypocrisy is real.

>"The game isn't suddenly unplayable because you didn't receive something you've personally built yourself up to this entire time and therefore feel owed. Consider this a lesson. Not that you should just run away like a little coward as if the game intends to hurt you. Maybe experiment a little. Actually play with the game and try out different characters.

...But I can still understand wanting her to yourself, she is "YOUR WAIFU" after all.

...Do you really think the corporations are completely ignorant to what the fans want? Jalter is actually so beloved by the fandom, of course, they turned her into a much cuter loli. A loli you can obtain FOR FREE by the way! Potentially preventing you from supporting a false myth of increased suicide rates this Christmas Season.

Remember this, Masters. They wouldn't be called "Delight" Works if they didn't want to see smiles on your faces. So do them a favor, and play the goddamn game you little bitch."

And way to kill any fucking credibility you had in a single fucking fell stroke. Fuck you, you little bitch.

First of all. You want to know how playable the game is? You may be able to just scrape on by all the way up to the America Singularity with any team that you decide to throw together, so long as you aren't going completely brain dead with it. But as soon as you hit Camelot? You're fucked. You need an efficient team. And I should know because I LIVED THIS SHIT.

You want to know what I took into Camelot? Beowulf, Martha (Rider), Kiyohime (Lancer), and Scathach (Assassin). I also had a number of high level Supports that were effectively maxed out. But here's the thing... These were all Four Star Characters, with a Five Star Support (generally).

I got them all to Level 80, though yes, their skills weren't maxed out. Why? Well because EVERY FUCKING SERVANT IN THE GAME IS A LONG TERM INVESTMENT.

You CANNOT fuck around with this unless you want to bring all of your progress to a grinding HALT. And the game isn't going to get any easier after Camelot. And even with this team, the fights got SO BULLSHIT that I just had to wait for command spells to revive my entire team and finish the fights. I'm STILL not done with Camelot and I'll be surprised if it's all smooth sailing from here.

Especially in later Singularities and Events which decide that it's time for the Difficulty to shove a long spike up your ass.

But I'll let all of that slide... Except for you defending Delight Works.

Fuck you for that one, again. Delight Works has made it clear time and again they don't want me playing their game. They are going to such lengths to kill emulation, that they don't care if they affect users on the Phone too.

Yes, those people not breaking any rules by playing the game on the phone! Even if it's just ONE person, that's one customer too many. But it's the exact same mentality that game developers use to justify the most Draconic forms of DRM. Yeah, you know, DRM that is supposed to stop Pirates, they swear that is what it is for, but it never does? Well, that's a perfect analogy because the same thing happens here.

It doesn't stop emulation, but more importantly, it doesn't stop the people actually cheating in the game. This is supposed to stop re-rolling -- Oh, sorry. I mean "automated rerolling". And I'm sure we all know how THAT turned out without me having to say it.

And I actually lost an account because of this bullshit. I could probably get it back if I REALLY wanted to, but I have a new account now and I'm happy with it. That still doesn't excuse the bullshit they did.

Furthermore, they utilize a Gacha system -- You know what that is? It's pretty much Lootboxes. Almost word for word. The only difference is it's called a 'Gacha' instead of a 'Lootbox'. But go ahead and look at how EA'S Battlefront II works with it's Lootboxes, and tell me the major differences between the two. I'll wait.

See, like it or not, whether you want to admit it or not. Delight Works is fucking greedy. They want money. And that's all they care about. They wouldn't bat an eye at losing 90% of it's playerbase, as long as the remaining 10% (the WHALES) stay. Because they will still get their money.

You complete fucking moron, Voice.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to play Fate/Grand Order, and I don't think much is going to stop me at this rate. But I recognize the circumstances for what they are.

But yes, if you ever don't get the character you're after... Consider not just quitting the game over it. It sucks. I know. But you always want to consider it because you'll be missing out on the positives that the game does have, and the things that you have already gotten.

HOWEVER. If you are ever being seriously tempted to pour your money into this title, I would strongly recommend that you don't, and if that's a gamebreaker, maybe you should stop playing Fate/Grand Order. Because I can already tell you, paying a little bit isn't going to guarantee you any Servants.

You're going to need to pay a lot. I do mean A LOT. There are stories about whales for a reason, and they are true. Very unfortunately so. If getting the characters you're after means that much to you, or else you're just tempted by the predatory practices that the game implements, then for your own safety, it's better not to subject yourself to that.

And mind you, I may have used a lot of admittedly subjective things to discredit most of his arguments. But I saved the most factual and the most valid and undeniable arguments for last. This is the truth, even if he would shout out in denial over it.

But mostly, he's just a fucking asshole and I think that's why you shouldn't listen to him.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Aut viam ivenium aut faciam | I shall either find a way or make one
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

A Measured Response to Voice of Saint Quartz Empty Re: A Measured Response to Voice of Saint Quartz

Post by Raymu Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:22 pm

He needs to measure his Mom's dildo. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    More Things:

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:42 pm