Magical gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Magical gamers

A forum for games, stories and much more!

3 posters

Record of the War of Waves: The Rising of the Heroes

Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

Record of the War of Waves: The Rising of the Heroes Empty Record of the War of Waves: The Rising of the Heroes

Post by Raymu Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:54 am

This world is fragile.

Since time immemorial, the entire expanse of this world has relied on the assistance of four legendary beings pulled from different worlds. "The Four Cardinal Heroes". Carrying weapons of great power that could use a variety of different skills and abilities:

The Sword.

The Bow.

The Spear.

And The Shield.

But there was a fifth weapon, long lost to time. Purposefully hidden from all but a select few bloodlines who were to pass down it's information in secret. A weapon that was designed to be a failsafe, should the four heroes be unable - or refuse outright, to quell the waves; horrible forces of nature bringing only despair and destruction. This weapon was dubbed Eskadel. and was placed far beyond the eyes of man. It would sleep until the day that it was finally needed.

A millennia passed in the blink of an eye through the view of the blade as it rested beneath the Earth.

Civilizations were born.

Civilizations fell to ruin.

A million people or more walked across it's resting place seeking fortune, glory, or just a better future. It witnessed countless lives be summoned to this world from others. It knew only that they were to be the next Four Cardinal Heroes, but not their names, their lives. These are things that faded away with the ebb and flow of time. Eskadel was like a leaf from a fallen tree floating down a river. It was purposeless, but still.

Far beyond the lands from which it had been forged sat a peaceful village at the base of a mountain. For how long it had existed, few could say. On the mountain lived an old man with only one arm, his skill with the blade talked about as though he were a living legend. However, unlike him and his followers, no one living in the village was exceptional. They were a people merely living their lives at peace, never having raised a blade in their defense. Never having raised a blade to destroy.

"The old man on the mountain will watch over us."

"These peaceful times will never fade."

"The winds are calm today."

In the passing of a moment, the skies became overcast with an ominous energy. I witnessed it on the horizon, a black mass in the distance. It was already terrifyingly large. But as it began to move, it was clear that this object was far larger than it appeared. With each passing moment it grew closer, the winds became harsher, ahead of this mass came small winged imps, heralds for the incoming threat. Before long, it had arrived in full... A beast as long as the land. It towered above the horizon, it's head invisible from below the clouds. It stretched out it's wings and they blot out the sun. Peaceful conversations turned to declarations of fear.

"The old man on the mountain will save us."

"I don't want these peaceful times to come to an end."

"The Earth is dying."

Every step it took brought only ruin. The forests burned away, the beasts of nature fled for their lives and perished in an instant. The people of the village cried out in agony for they knew their time was at an end. Though a lone warrior and his disciples waged war against the beast, I could see their efforts were wasted. Every precision strike from their blades did little to slow down the towering abomination. I witnessed the warriors slowly falling down in defeat, their life energy fading from them as the pale beast grew closer. Even the old man for which the village depended their very lives upon soon realized he could do nothing. He did not fall down and accept his death like the others, instead he fought until he was rendered unto ash.

The land cried out for revenge. The dead covered it's surface. There was nothing but ruin as far as I could see. And then the pale beast stopped. I looked up to the sky and witnessed it's glowing eyes piercing through the clouds, glaring directly into my very soul. I was alone now. I was the only thing that had not been destroyed by it's slow march, and it despised me for it. The air whipped violently as it's arm began to move. It came directly towards me. I tried to run, I ran as quickly as my legs would carry me.

But it wasn't enough. It would never be enough. I could only look back in horror as it's hand reached out far beyond where I was running. It was going to take hold of me, there was little I could do to escape it now. I closed my eyes, awaiting my destruction, as all else before me.

---
    And then the bumping roads the carriage journeyed along woke him up, back into reality. His name was Manabi Mainyu. A traveler from afar. This oddly prophetic dream was sadly not mere fantasy. And yet, the end of it was something that had not transpired... He shook his head, looking all around him. It brought him a small measure of relief to see the others who were traveling alongside him in the carriage, though...He didn't exactly display it on his face. One of the other passengers looked over at him, curious about why he was sweating so hard.

"Are you alright? You've been passed out for a couple of hours now, just kinda...Staring. You look like you've been through hell."

Manabi merely stayed silent, giving a nod to insist that he was fine. Though the other passengers conversed among themselves, leaving him to watch calmly.

"I've gotta ask; What brings the rest of you here to the capital city? Melromarc is gonna become a pretty busy country soon I hear. They've already begun dispatching soldiers to combat the waves. Surely you noticed it on the ride here?"

"The Royal family's always been paranoid. They think they're the only country in the world! But that's exactly why I'm coming here. I need a safe place for my family and I. What better place than the capital city? The world would end before they let it fall!"

A second passenger insisted, clutching his wife with a grin on his face. His confidence in the city's defenses were...Admirable, though it seemed he didn't care much for the people overseeing it. A third passenger spoke up, this one decked out in leather armor and polishing a basic sword.

"Me? I'm heading there for fortune and glory! They're going to summon the four heroes soon, and I'm going to be there when they do! Do you understand what it means to be a party member to one of them? Absolute security. Financially and culturally, never mind the safety to your life. The rest of you better remember me, I'm going to be a hero when next we meet."

Manabi glanced out the back of the carriage, looking on as the moonlit night illuminated the other traveling carriages behind them, those too no doubt full of people flocking to the capital city for all the same reasons as the people here had mentioned. The one asking questions finally looked back over to the silent Demi-human, presenting the self-same question to him as well:

"And what about you friend? You look like you've come from very far off. I don't suppose it would be prying too much to ask why you're coming here, no?"

The fox eared demi-human thought it over in silence for a moment before looking back at the questioning man and giving him a simple answer.

"There are only two reasons. I am seeking someone to become a vassal to. A reliable master who can save this world. I also have an important message for the heroes, one from my home country. ... This message could mean life or death for all of us."

The rest of the passengers looked at him in shocked silence for a moment. "Life or death"? What could he have possibly witnessed that was so dangerous? A majority scoffed and brushed it off, after all, what could a Demi possibly want with the heroes? In their minds there was no way the church would ever let him anywhere near the heroes.

Although the one who posed the question at least humored him. Understanding that simply brushing it aside would be foolish.

"Then...I wish you luck friend. Hopefully whatever this message is, it will reach their ears before long. Between you and me, however...Melromarc might not've been the best choice. They...Don't take kindly to most demis."

Manabi gave a nod of understanding.

"... It's a risk I have to take. This country was the closest."

The carriage rolled to a stop, bumping slightly as it did so. The anxious passengers all looked about before standing up, and...One by one began to exit through the back. However, Manabi and the man across from him who had asked so many questions shared one last exchange before they departed.

"Just be careful, lad. This city will swallow you alive if you're not aware. If you need someone to turn to, find the bakery in the southern district. Ask for Johan. ... These are difficult times we're living in. Everyone needs someone they can trust."

The man's words sunk deep into the demi-human's mind as he climbed out of the back and hopped down. The moonlight and torches illuminating the entry point of the city now properly revealing his features.

Record of the War of Waves: The Rising of the Heroes CtBpdxP

He wandered away from the bustling entry of the city, heading towards the church. It was...Exactly as his master had told him; a pure work of art, three spires standing atop, and a symbol at it's front. Thankfully despite not knowing his way around the place, it was visible from almost anywhere you went. They took great efforts to make it stand out it seemed. It was no issue to the demi.

Though carelessly he had chosen to take the back alleys in order to reach his destination sooner. But no sooner had he begun his path down the dimly lit alleys, had he noticed the sound of foot steps following silently behind him. It was clear from the hesitance in their steps that whoever this was, they didn't want him seeing them. For now however, he played along. Revealing that he was aware of them might have sprung a potential ambush.

As he went further and further into the alleys with those mysterious figures following, the moon's light reached down less and less, making it harder to see. He thought that this would keep up for longer, all until suddenly he spotted them. Three strangers ahead of him, only barely visible, but clearly heading towards him.

"... I'm aware that you've been following me this entire time. What is it you wish to take from me? My money? I am without coin. Is it my weapon? It would never choose to accept you. Or perhaps...It's my freedom you want."

He drew a katana from it's sheath, and the large gemstone at it's hilt glowed, lighting up him and the area immediately around him, he turned and slashed behind him with only one hand, and in that moment, the sound of steel clashing rang out loudly as he just narrowly avoided being struck with an iron club.

"So, the demi wants to fight! Very well, you'll just show us how quality of a slave you'll make!"

He couldn't make out which of the shadowy figures were speaking, but it was clear that it was coming from one of them. In this situation he was outnumber, and surrounded...He could only hope someone would come to turn the tides, though as it was, it seemed he had no choice but to fight them alone.

"Your weapons, or your life? Which would you prefer I take?"

These words were delivered in such a way that it seemed to chill some of his unknown adversaries, two of them could vaguely be seen flinching after he spoke. And he took that as his opportunity to strike. Slashing his blade once more towards one of the two. A yell sounded out, as it seemed he had hit his mark. The target backed off and started to run from the fight, he wasn't sure why they were making a retreat until he saw what appeared to be a digit on the ground, dimly lit by the moonlight attempting to peak in through the cracks in the alleyway. This made the others hesitate, and with that he had time to think about his next actions - And better yet, more time to watch for any passerby who might be able to assist.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Record of the War of Waves: The Rising of the Heroes TowersignatureBorderSmaller
    More Things:
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Record of the War of Waves: The Rising of the Heroes Empty Re: Record of the War of Waves: The Rising of the Heroes

Post by Amord Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:04 am

It should come as no surprise that the Kingdom of Melromarc was trying to summon the Four Cardinal Heroes... Or maybe, it should. Because the way it had been done every other time is that each Kingdom would summon one Hero in order to fight off the Waves. But Melromarc was trying to summon all four at once due to the meddling of it's King. This caused some political strife, and the Queen had to leave on rather short notice to deal with the fallout before it spread into all-out war. Still, a lot of the usual things fell into place as one would expect. For one thing, Mercenaries were in high demand! There was no better time than right now to be a Mercenary of any degree than right now. The military needed all of the help it could get, and the citizenry always needed strong swords to handle the dangerous beasts.

But if you were really lucky... Then you could earn your way into a Hero's party. That was the goal for many fledgling sellswords. Getting signed up with a Hero earned you all sorts of advantages, with the drawback that you really would be in the thick of things. But most weren't too scared about that; you'd have a Hero around to protect you and all! That being said... I didn't have much interest in all of that. The simple truth of the matter was this; the waves were coming, and we needed people strong enough to defend the world. So I was actually just here to get some money, and training...

I did end up get a paying job as part of a militia force. I'll be expected to fight in the next wave, but I was already planning on doing that. This just gives me a bit of financial security. I mull all of this around in my head as I'm on the way back to the Inn I had booked a room at. Though I stop briefly as I hear the obvious sounds of fighting. It was pretty brazen for thieves to do this in the capital city... They must have been targeting someone special. Still, not a bad chance to rain on their day and get a little bit of combat experience, right?

I soon arrive on the scene, my sword drawn from it's sheath as I confront the criminals that had cornered what appeared to be a Demi-Human.

Record of the War of Waves: The Rising of the Heroes YZAE4Tl
    (Music)

"You know, even at night you can expect the guards to be wandering around! This is a chance for you to surrender!", I yelled. Of course, I wasn't actually a member of the guard... But my equipment should look close enough in the low-lighting to give everyone some pause from continuing the fight, and hopefully scare off the wrong-doers.

"If you stop the fight, I'll think about just letting it go for now!" I added, ready to jump into the fray if they decided to keep it up regardless. I might not have fully understood the situation, but I definitely grasped that they shouldn't be killing each other in the capital. That was just a poor showing for everyone involved...

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Aut viam ivenium aut faciam | I shall either find a way or make one
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Record of the War of Waves: The Rising of the Heroes Empty Re: Record of the War of Waves: The Rising of the Heroes

Post by Raymu Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:32 am

At first it seemed there would be no assistance. After all, who would have come back this far? But just then, a voice cut through the silence, causing all five of the remaining slavers to stop in their tracks and look over at the source.

"Hells that be! The guards are getting involved now? This is too risky, I'm not going to jail over one target!"

A couple of them started to run, though it seemed the three remaining were far too interested in the potential prize money to be gotten from this.

"Stop running you cowards, it's just one! We'll take the both of them and get more money for our effort!"

Manabi looked over at the stranger, noting that his armor wasn't like a guard's standard issue at all, though...He wasn't about to say a word in regards to that, no sense giving up an advantage like this, after all. He smirked, calling out to his new ally.

"Your timing is impeccable. Though you might want to hold onto something. I'm going to level the playing field!"

He gave the mercenary a simple, vague warning before he raised his blade aloft and began to chant.

"As proof of justice's might, decipher the laws of nature and blow away my targets in a violent fury...First Zephyr Blast!!!"

All at once, the entire alleyway became enveloped in a raging wind, the two who had fled the scene were blown sky high and far away from the alley, the other three who stood their ground were violently thrown about, slamming into walls and being knocked off their feet. With the wind dissipating, the Demi-human took his blade into a fighting stance.

"There's no need to go for killing blows. Let us solve this in short order."

Two out of the three remaining stood up, with one charging at Karasu, and the other rushing towards Manabi. He drew his blade and slashed directly at the hilt of the criminal's own weapon, a loud clang ringing out as the slaver's balance was thrown off by the unexpected aim of Manabi's strike, and he followed up by slashing at the man's torso. ... An attack one would expect to be fatal. However just as the slaver recoiled, expecting his life to be cut short, he soon noticed that the demi-human had...Cut the support of his pants away, causing them to fall to his ankles.

"... Wha- WHY YOU LITTLE BASTARD, I'LL KILL YO-"

Naturally the fool still tried to attack in this state, though the pants around his ankles caught, causing him to trip and fall down as the demi easily evaded the poorly aimed attack.

"I dare say you're not in a state to kill me right now. Lay down and accept that I shall turn you in to the guards, or else I will take away your life."

With a swift stomp on the slaver's back, and a kick to send his weapon away, Manabi had dispatched him. This was one criminal who wasn't going to have the mercy of being able to retreat.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Record of the War of Waves: The Rising of the Heroes TowersignatureBorderSmaller
    More Things:
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:59 am

Well, sure enough... My attempt to convince them that the guards had arrived on the scene had at least given them pause. Two of the five attackers then took off running, not wanting to get arrested. So, just three left to take care of, yeah? Because that Demi-Human didn't seem to be one of the criminals in this case from a glance. As I prepared to join into the fray, the stranger warns me about holding onto something. It doesn't take me too long to piece together exactly why he told me that, either! He's already casting magic...

Sheesh, someone like that probably didn't need assistance. I braced myself just in time for the winds to rage through the alleyway. It was pretty damn hard to not get blown away from the sheer force of such an attack... But somehow, I managed to pull through. I'm certainly doing better than the would-be captors that had gotten thrown around. As I get my bearings back, I note that one of the slavers is standing back up, with the intent to attack me! I ready my sword, though I shift my grip just enough... I wasn't going to have to kill this guy, even if he was a criminal.

When he closes the distance, he takes a wild swing at me with his club, I grab his arm with my free hand, and then I smash the pommel of my sword into his head. Just hard enough to render him unconscious, due to the lack of protection he had. The thug soon slumps to the ground, and I turn my attention to my surroundings. Two had fled, three stayed behind to fight... One went for the stranger, so what about the one that didn't get up? I took the time to check on that slaver and assess the threat.

I wasn't too worried about my newfound ally, considering the skills he had displayed already. So it was better for me to focus on the unknown variables in the fight. Both to protect myself, and the Demi-Human that was currently focused on someone else. Though with any luck, the criminals would decide to surrender considering just how poorly this entire encounter went for them...

To think, though... People like this in the capital. Even if they were targeting a Demi-Human, it was pretty disgusting. Times like this really did bring out the corrupt nature in some people.

"Well, I guess that display of magic means that the ones that ran away will tell the rest of their friends not to bother you. So all we have to do now is mop up the rest.", I'd finally respond to the man who probably could have handled all of this by himself.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:20 am

He would give a nod, impressed by the mercenary's handling of the situation. Thankfully the third thug had been knocked unconscious as well, likely due to the wind magic throwing him against a wall. He scoffed at the three would-be kidnappers, calmly sheathing his blade once he was sure they were all dispatched.

"Greed does strange things to a man. If not for this, perhaps they could be someone positive. ... I suppose that's why I couldn't bring myself to kill them. Still...It's a good thing that this will deter them from picking any random target. At least for a while."

Though it might've seemed like he was very powerful, a quick check would show that he was only level 13. Rather...It likely had to do with training and weaponry. Still, looking over at his ally, he could tell the thoughts going through his head:

"Perhaps you think your assistance wasn't necessary. But your quick thinking allowed the both of us to finish this without killing anyone. I...Have my reasons. I suppose it's just a naive ideal, let's leave it at that."

He stepped forward towards the end of the alley where Karasu was, the moonlight better illuminating him now and revealing the...Very odd garb he wore, clearing outing him as someone from a faraway land. He reached a hand out, gesturing to shake hands.

"My name is Manabi Mainyu. If you're so inclined you may call me "Nabi". Normally that would be reserved only for a select few people, but I suppose I can make an exception in this case considering the circumstances."

He smiled, clearly meaning no ill will in his statements. It was simply that he rarely spoke casually to others, and thus - Rarely allowed for his name to be mentioned in such a casual fashion.

"Some impressive thinking however, making them believe the guards were upon them certainly left them open for that spell. Without your distraction I don't think I could have cast it. ... Of course I apologize for the hasty use of it. That window of opportunity was narrow."

He bowed courteously, making his apology that much more genuine if there had been any doubt in his sincerity.

"If there is a way I can repay you for the assistance, allow me to do so. I don't have much in the way of money, only enough for room and board, however I can easily make it back before sunrise."

The demi-human wracked his mind, thinking of a way to repay the kind gesture. Though he snapped his fingers and gave a nod, realizing just the perfect way to do so:

"Aha! These thugs. The guards will no doubt pay a reward for their capture. Why not take it? I really have no need for it."

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:15 am

Now that the battle seemed to be resolved quite nicely, I'd take the time to sheath my sword, turning to properly face the only one that seemed reasonable in this whole mess. The Demi-Human that was attacked by... Well, let's just be honest about it. They were slavers. Unfortunately the act was technically legal within the Kingdom of Melromarc. Though there were obvious rules to follow, such as not attacking a Demi-Human for no reason. That didn't stop some criminals from skirting around the issue of course.

"Well, we'll be turning in this unconscious batch, so that will make things a bit safer too.... Jeez, to think they'd be willing to fight the guards over this. It's bold behavior on their part.", I'd then respond. Still, to think he displayed that type of skill and wasn't even that high level... But it's not like I was in a place to talk either, I was only Level 10 myself. In any case, it seems like my company didn't really want to kill anyone if he could help it, so that was a good sign. He raised a good point too, things could have easily gotten more messy if I hadn't gotten involved when I did.

In any case, he would soon approach and offer a handshake. A gesture which I accepted, giving a small nod at his introduction.
    "Well, Manabi. It's a pleasure to meet you! I'm Karasu, I'm a Mercenary that's been hired on as part of the Militia force. Like many other adventurers, I'm also seeking my hand at joining up with a Hero once they're summoned.", I calmly explained. "Of course, it's not like they'd have any reason to pick me... So, I guess it's more accurate to say that I'm here to get training and fight off the waves!"

After the introductions were out of the way, he praised my quick thinking and then apologized for the fact that he used a spell on such short notice. But to be fair, that spell DID make it so we could reduce the bloodshed to an absolute minimum. "Ah, don't worry about it! I'm just glad that my little trick worked. Thankfully it wasn't broad daylight, or they would have been able to tell right away that I wasn't a guard..."

After that, Manabi would proceed to bow to show how apologetic he really was, and even started talking about paying me back for the assistance... "Hey, I appreciate it... But you just said you don't have any shelter right now, yeah? We'll turn them in for the reward, and then we'll see how expensive it's going to be for you to get a room. We can talk about splitting the reward after that."

Besides that, Manabi did most of the work anyway... So I really only needed to be there to vouch for his story. I wasn't an official part of the military, but they knew me because I had signed into the defensive ranks, so...

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:39 am

"Yes...Perhaps it was desperation that lead to their decision. Though - I don't think it paid off for them."

He would grin, listening intently to Karasu's full introduction with curiosity. Though his eyes widened when the mercenary mentioned the heroes. They were...Exactly the people he was looking for.

"Then it's true?! They really are going to be here? It seems he was right..."

Manabi didn't elaborate on who "he" was. Keeping things vague. Perhaps not on purpose however, as he was too caught up by the confirmation of the info he had received. Though the tone of his voice implied he wasn't looking for the heroes simply to join them. But rather...There was something far more serious going on.

"I have to find them. No one else would believe my warning, but...If I can get even just one of them to listen, perhaps there can still be a chance to save this world..."

He thought in silence for a moment, quickly correcting himself, realizing that perhaps it was best not to mention this warning and needlessly alert anyone...

"Ahem, well...Perhaps it's best kept under wraps. I think it would alarm the general populace too much if I were to mention it in the open. ... That being said; if you're going to attempt to meet up with the heroes, I would request that you take me along. Given their views on demi-humans, I feel it would be difficult for me to enter the church without someone to vouch for me..."

He'd give a nod to the aspiring mercenary, agreeing that his bluff might not have gone so well in daylight.

"I've noticed their armor is quite distinct... Still, I suppose timing is everything. If you had hesitated, even without seeing you they might not have bought it. You show quite a lot of promise. I'm certain a hero would be glad to have you on board."

Still, it seemed he was grateful to see that there wasn't any immediate reward being asked for.

"If that is what you wish...Then I'm grateful for the assistance. And it seems they're right on time. I imagine my spell likely roused them to action."

Indeed as they spoke, several guards rushed to the alley's entrance, frantically asking what was going on and trying to assess the situation. Their torches better illuminated the temporary battlefield, revealing just how much damage had been dealt with that spell. Manabi flinched slightly upon seeing one of the poor thugs had caused a wall to crack from hitting it. Though...He also seemed somewhat impressed. Without missing a beat he looked over at the guards.

"Slavers. It seems they attempted to...Take both of us hostage. Though no worries, we didn't draw that much blood."

He laughed a little at his own comment, finding it somewhat amusing considering no one was actually killed or fatally injured.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:06 am

Seems like Manabi followed the same type of theory that I did. They must have been getting really desperate... There really wasn't any other explanation for going this far, after all. At least, that's what I had hoped. But some people did unfortunately view Demi-Humans as lesser... Seemed like nonsense to think like that, to me. But that was part of the reason why slavery was still rampant in Melromarc too. Demi-Humans were the primary product, as it were. And they unfortunately had to come from somewhere...

That aside, it seems like Manabi had come here to see the Heroes as well, evident by the surprise on his face and tone of voice. It also sounded like he was carrying a pretty important message for them; what was it that happened, then...? The waves? People knew that was already coming, but somehow I didn't think it was as simple as that.
    "Well, like I said, I'm one of the Mercenaries trying to get lined up for the Heroes, so... If they really do get summoned here, a lot of adventurers will be in pretty high demand, even low level ones like you and I. Heroes can't be too picky at the start, and all. Since they'll only be Level 1... Though they also get those Legendary Weapons."

Not to mention the support of the Kingdom that summons them... In this case, all four of them would be supported by one Kingdom, apparently. So resources would be spread a bit thin, and not everyone could make the trip just to try and get into one of their parties. That brought some advantages, though the downsides were really bad too. "Well, whatever it is, it sounds pretty serious... I'm willing to help you out! It's easy, since Adventurers and Mercenaries are allowed to form parties of their own, even if they intend to get recruited by a Hero."

With that, I would extend an invitation to Manabi. "All of the usual rules will be in play, but I'm sure you already know how parties work. Just this will be enough to get you into the Church with me, so long as you're willing to accept."

That aside, Manabi pointed out that it was still quick thinking on my part, and the lack of hesitation probably added onto how well I had fooled them. That was all pretty fair points. Although... I could hear the distinct sounds of metal ringing in the distance. Yep, it was about that time since a spell like that was used... The actual guards were showing up now. Thankfully, since I was on the scene, I could vouch for Manabi and make sure the guards understood the story.

"Yeah, they tried to take a Demi-Human hostage. My own party member at that! Can you believe it? I guess they wanted a new slave, so we had to fight them off.", still, even with a story that checks out... We ended up being brought along for the ride, just so they could probably deal with the slavers, and confirm the last few details. Thankfully, we weren't held too long since they were able to confirm my name in the militia ranks, and it doubly checked out since Manabi was in a party with me.

Of course, there were a few lies told, namely in that I implied Manabi had been a long-standing member of my party... But this really was just the easier way to handle the situation. Now that we were freed of the entire situation, I could speak to Manabi once more.

"Well, since you're in my party, you can stay at the same Inn I'm at! They're going to do the summoning tomorrow, so we should probably head over now and get some rest. Unless you had any other business you needed to take care of first?", I would then say, thankful to put that entire mess behind me. Now we could focus on better things...

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:26 am

Manabi accepted the invitation without hesitance. Indeed even if there were hangups, he couldn't afford to miss his chance. This wasn't merely something that concerned him alone. - The entire world itself could be destroyed if the heroes weren't made aware of this in time. Though, thankfully there were no hangups to be found. Karasu seemed trust-worthy. Certainly it was doubtful he would have been doing all of this for his own sake given there was nothing to really be gained. Even the reward though enough to set them up wasn't enough to be worth betrayal for.

"... I will reveal it to you in due time. For now, let's settle the matter with these guards."

He kept his words subtle and silent, conveyed only to his new party member. If they were to hear him speak like this, they might've gotten suspicious of potential plots - Even though there was none to speak of.

"Quite the welcoming party for us I see! Well, no matter. Ah you WILL be rewarding us I hope?"

He spoke to the guards in a light-hearted, joking tone. Coming along with them. There was thankfully no reason to resist, with Karasu vouching for him. There were a few lies that had to be told once they were taken for questioning, but the demi-human could put two and two together, and so simply cooperated with the mercenary. It wasn't particularly wrong to make a lie or two in this situation given what could happen otherwise.

Their release finally insured, Manabi exited calmly, collecting his weapon on the way out. He listened to Karasu as he spoke, thinking it over for a moment...Places to be? Just the church, really. But given they were apparently only going to arrive tomorrow...He assumed it was best to simply go along. Perhaps some rest was indeed what he needed after that long ride here.

"I suppose I really should accept your invitation! Very well, lead the way."

The demi followed along as they headed towards the inn that was spoken of. It was...Not exactly a fancy place, but it wasn't run down either. As far as these places went, it was simply average. There was of course no complaints from him - He never particularly cared for the more high class things in life anyway. HE pushed the door open, entering into the warm building from out of the cool night air. The sound of celebrations, music, and laughter resounding through the pub that was built into the inn's lower floor.

"Very interesting. I don't believe I've ever experienced a place quite like this."

He took in the sights and sounds of the pub that was illuminated in a yellow glow of light, although while walking aimlessly through the interior, he accidentally bumped into someone...

(Song starts at 32:37, ends at 35:13)

A red haired girl with her hair done up in a pony tail. he was about to apologize though stopped in his tracks as he saw that devilish smile across her face. ... It was chilling. Not because she seemed to be a threat, but because it was clear she was dangerous for a host of other reasons. Though said smile quickly changed to a scowl of anger as it was clear she didn't react well to their accidental encounter.

"Watch where you're going you filthy-Errr, I mean, please watch your step, sir adventurer!"

... She quickly stopped herself, seemingly not wanting to reveal her true colors in front of a place full of patrons. But why? Manabi watched silently as she headed towards a small group of other adventurers. They were clearly all going together. ... he certainly didn't envy any of them there however. He tried to shrug it off however, so long as she didn't believe him to have crossed her, he would be fine. ... He hoped, at least.

"I shall retire early. Do as you please, we should head to the church early in the morning however. It would be best to try and get there before the heroes arrive."

He excused himself to Karasu and headed up to the inn room. It thankfully didn't take him long to fall asleep once he lied down. Drifting off as recollections of the past filled his mind...

---

"But why? Why are you...Letting me go?"

"Sometimes desperate people make wrong choices. If I were to strike you down here, you would learn nothing."

A young boy demi-human was knocked to the ground, stolen goods clutched in one hand, he shook his head, slowly standing to his feet. It was clear what had transpired here was an attempt at theft. Though his opponent carried a sword, he merely chose to stop the lad with a great push, rather than using his blade. ... Maybe that's why...There was a lack of understanding.

"... I don't understand..."

"I hope that one day you will."

He hesitated, staring at the warrior who had knocked him down. A towering man whose age clearly showed through the many scars across his arm and face. It was clear the man was waiting patiently for the return of the stolen goods.

He hesitated, looking away towards the road, and back towards the man several times before he tossed the goods over, turning and running off. Though...he stopped for just a moment, looking back at the hero of this small village.

"... Few are unable to be redeemed. Of those irredeemable, only tyrants and men who lack sympathy for their fellow man are beyond saving. If ever you tire of a life of thievery, come to the mountain."

The boy considered his words in silence, thinking them over...Was there really an out for this kind of life style? But he had no money, no home to turn to. All he had known for most of his life was taking what he wanted, knowing that if he were to be caught...There was no mercy. And yet, this man had shown him that mercy which he thought impossible. Why...? He just couldn't understand.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:54 am

Well, all that said and done... It seems as though Manabi was ready to head to the Inn and sleep off the night in preparation for the Summoning Ceremony. I nodded, figuring as much before I had asked, but it was still better to do so instead of just assuming that was the case. At his request, I would lead the way to the Inn I was staying at. Thankfully the rest of the trip was pretty uneventful, and as we entered... Well, I began to wonder if my friend might have some sort of bad luck, as he almost immediately bumps into one of the patrons. In this case, a red-haired girl...

Something about her seemed a bit off, to say the very least. As she takes a rude tone, I cross my arms at her, giving her a glare. The woman seems to get the hint, or perhaps she realized that she was still in a public space. Either way, she changes her tune and addresses Manabi in a more courteous manner. She doesn't take very long to excuse herself from the vicinity either, so I was willing to let it go. I uncross my arms.

"You seem to be a bit of a magnet for trouble, huh? Well, at least nothing came out of this one...", I'd comment, joking a little. Of course I didn't hold anything against him, considering he didn't even do anything that wrong from what I could tell...

Anyway, Manabi would then mention that he was tired, and that he was going to excuse himself to the room now. I give a nod at that.
    "Right! Rest well, then! I'll make sure you're up for the ceremony, so don't worry about that either."

That out of the way, I decide it's time for me to do the same and head up to the room to rest as well. Tomorrow was going to be the big day when the Heroes are summoned... That was going to cause all sorts of lines and attraction. So resting now to wake up early would be pretty beneficial. That in mind, I use the time to take my armor off, and I set my sword to the side of my bed, well within reach should I need it. Then, I lie down and drift off to sleep...

With any luck, it'd be an uneventful night filled with rest, and we could get right to the Church afterwards...

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:18 am

Thankfully, even despite that suspicious woman, the night was indeed uneventful. Manabi awoke to the sounds of...Well, it could only be described as great fanfare. If he weren't wide awake from the noise, he would have thought there was a parade going on right outside the inn. He sprung up from where he was sleeping and hurried over to the window, opening it up to look outside. A carriage was riding down the street slowly surrounded by guards on all sides, it was adorned with all manner of ornate jewels and gold and was pulled by a filolial wearing ceremonial garb.

Someone more familiar with Melromarc would've recognized it as the Pope's personal carriage. Though to the demi, it appeared as just a rather fancy carriage and nothing more. He WAS able to piece together things enough to realize it was likely heading to the church, though finer details were beyond him. He gathered his things, the coins he brought with him, his sword placed in it's sheath, and anything else he had with him at the time. He looked over to Karasu, making sure he was prepared as well, before giving the mercenary a nod and heading out of the inn.

To say the city was bustling over what was about to happen would be an understatement. And Manabi commented on as much.

"I suppose it only makes sense that everyone would be so cheerful about this. They are here to save us after all. Though perhaps the pride of the citizens is a little lost on me...Cultural tradition I'm guessing?"

He weaved his way through the busy streets heading towards the church. Citizens everywhere eyeing the carriage and attempting to get close in a vain effort to try and touch the pope's carriage. Most thwarted by the guards that surrounded it. Naturally all of the guards were of a rather high level: 50 to be exact. It seems security was their highest priority right now. It wasn't just them either; guards of all manner of varying levels dotted the streets more so than usual today, all making sure this wouldn't be interrupted by would-be enemies. The demi-human almost had to wonder if they were expecting something, though...He shrugged it off as being overplayed paranoia.

It didn't take very long to reach the Church thankfully. Despite the crowds it was still manageable, and with that he waited on Karasu to enter first. He would rather not chance being kicked out if he entered ahead of his party member. The inside of this place...it was just as bustling as the outside. Hundreds of people seated inside anxiously awaiting the arrival of their heroes to this world; the people would be their salvation. He stood as close to the front as he could. He wasn't...particularly interested in taking a seat, mostly due to his urgency in giving the warning to the heroes.

"I suppose now all we can do is wait. ... I can only hope they will at least humor me."

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:43 am

Unsurprisingly, the day starts off with a bang as the Church prepares the Summoning ceremony. They always made a big deal out of it, since the Heroes were more or less the sole line of defense for the entire world against the waves. I had woken up a bit before it had gotten into the full swing of things, so that gave me the chance to collect my equipment and make sure everything was in order. It seems that Manabi had the chance to do the same thing, as he gives a nod as a signal that he was ready to head out.

My newfound companion would comment on the oddity of pride when it came to all of this, wondering if it was a matter of culture, to that I only had the following to say...
    "That's actually pretty close. You see...", I'd pause for a moment, pointing out the Church that wasn't too far from us now. More particularly, the emblem placed over the top of the doors, proudly displayed for all in the Kingdom to see.

It had the design of a sword, a bow, and a spear on it... Oddly enough, no shield.
    "That's the Three Hero Church... We're summoning all Four Heroes, so people are pretty excited about that. As for why the Shield Hero isn't exactly celebrated... That's a pretty long story.", I briefly explained. The crowds didn't lend much thought for conversation, so picking out the time to be able to explain all of this was a bit difficult, let alone hold any meaningful conversation past that.

Still, even I could notice the sheer number of guards on display here... High level ones too. I just figured that they were making a big show out of it, like always. But the thought of there being another reason hadn't really crossed my mind either. None of the waves were scheduled to arrive for a bit, so there shouldn't be any real danger, right? In any case, it didn't take too long for us to reach the Church. Manabi had thoughtfully waited for me to enter first, likely because he didn't want to make a scene. That might have been for the best, but in either case...

After checking all of my credentials with the guards out front, I was given permission to enter, along with my party. Which in this case was just Manabi, but that meant we were given free reign to watch the Ceremony, and even speak to the Heroes once they were summoned. That was a pretty high honor, and it paid off that we were one of the first in the line... Not everyone would get the chance to be there personally at the summoning ritual, after all. The Church was big, but not quite THAT big.

It seems that Manabi wasn't too interested in taking a seat, and he seemed so on edge right now... I decided to make the best of it by standing next to him, crossing my arms.
    "Hey, the Heroes are meant to solve problems! It's all a part of them getting strong enough to fend off the waves, after all. So whatever it is, I'm sure at least one of them will be interested in hearing you out."

I would respond to his worries. With everyone seated, or in the spots they wish to be in without interrupting the ritual... Those conducting the summoning would usher for quiet within the room, and sure enough the gathered crowd obeys, watching with tense anticipation.

This ended up being a lot more elaborate than any standard spell, as one could imagine... It involved a lot of casters, lots of materials... Drawn runes. It was a pretty impressive display of magical prowess. Though I didn't really grasp the finer details, I could tell that a lot of work was having to be put into this... It also occurs to me that it is probably so elaborate just because it's taking four times the resources this time around.

In any case, all we could do is wait. The ritual had begun. Just who might the Four Cardinal Heroes end up being...?

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Lamia
    Lamia
    Chaotic Horny
    Chaotic Horny
    Five Years
    You've been part of our home for half a decade!

Post by Lamia Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:03 pm

Record of the War of Waves: The Rising of the Heroes Akimu

Stop... Calling me

I said... Stop...

STOP!!!

Only one being appeared, and she certanly didn't look like a hero. She was a young girl who at first seemed the picture of innocent until you saw the way her body seemed to phase in and out like she was a ghost. Until you looked st the wild, fearful look in her eyes. Truly she looked nothing like a hero, not even close. What she would do next only made that fact clearer as some tried to approach her. She backed away at first, then screamed in rage!

"Aaaaahhhh!"

The frantic girl lashed out, with power she didn't understand. She wielded no weapon, instead black energy formed into weapons around her... And tried to skewer everything around her. It wasn't an act of hate, not an act of intended evil. No it....

"Leave me ALONE!"

It was survival, she was afraid. The girl glitched for a moment, she seemed to disapear. Most assumed it as a horribly failed summonimg but... To anyone paying attention she had reappeared behind the crown clutching her body and running, fleeing as if she was the one that was being attacked and not the other way around. She ran and ran, trying to find a way out. Why was she here? Why... Again? No... Ah! She didn't want to be here! She didn't know why but it made her afraid, this place made her afraid. She didn't want to be here and she didn't want to head their call! She felt... Weird. She didn't know... What was wrong with her. What did she... Do back there?

"Leave me alone... Just leave me alone..."

She wandered aimless... Until finally she fell on her but and hugged her legs to her body against a wall. Why... She said no. She said no! Bunch of idiots! Where was she...? Why was she here? She wanted to be home. She wanted to be under her covers, cuddling her pillow and playing a video game. Or having a midnight snack of cheese rolls! But she absolutly did not want to be here, in this cold alley with strangers who called her to use her. Why else did people do summonings? In every game she played it was to use someone or something however you wanted. She didn't want to be used... No... No! She saw two peolle approach and she screamed in response.

"Aahhhh! Go away!"

Weapons of black formed around her, but were not yet launched, it was a threat with tears falling from her eyes. The beast telling its hunter to LEAVE HER ALONE!
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:03 am

His companion's words were of at least some reassurance to him as he listened.

"If that's the case, it matches exactly what I've heard...Maybe they really ARE strong enough for this after all."

Though what happened next was doubtlessly unnerving for everyone watching the summoning. An ethereal voice called out, insisting for them to stop. They shouted louder and louder as someone phased into existence, and yet...Even that didn't seem natural. It was only one being, a young girl who was constantly fading in and out the entire time. At first Manabi reacted by silently grabbing the sheath of his blade, ready to draw it at a moment's notice. ... And yet...He saw the look in her eyes after he had done so, and let go of it.

She shouted out as the summoners approached, and without warning she sent out a barrage of black energy! Though he wasn't intent on harming her, he saw what was about to happen and leapt forward, drawing his blade and stepping in front of a summoner who was about to be impaled. He quickly slashed forward, knocking the energy weapon off course and sending it flying into a wall instead. Though this action wasn't without consequence. The deflection wasn't perfect due to the major amount of power behind it, and it slashed his shoulder, causing him to flinch in pain.

"Get everyone out of here immediately you fool, stop trying to subdue her!"

He looked back at the approaching guards with a glare. ... Surprisingly that was enough to get the point across, and they stopped before they came any closer to the girl. Though the demi-human had little time to react when she began to phase out once more, taken aback by this, he could only watch as she phased back in and ran straight for the door.

"Ah- Wait a moment please, hero!-"

He gave a long sigh. Looking down at Karasu with a look of "This is going to be a long day". He raised his sword and began to chant a spell.

"As proof of Justice's might, decipher the laws of nature and make us fleet of foot... All First Zephyr Haste!!!"

Both he and Karasu were now imbued with a spell making them faster. Indeed something they would need if they were to ever catch up to her considering the head start she had gotten. He didn't assume he needed to inform Karasu of what to do next and as such ran straight out the front door, heading right towards the would-be hero. Unfortunately it wasn't as simple as chasing after her however - the streets were even more crowded than they had been earlier. ... He thought for a moment before realizing - The alleyways! They would be far less crowded! He hurried over to the nearest one, following alongside the main road and trying to keep his eye on her as he ran down the entire length of the alley that went alongside it.

It should have allowed him to catch up! But...The end of the alleyway was blocked by a carriage, seemingly stopped due to the bustle of activity.

"No time to wait for it to move...We'll have to go over it!"

He ran as close as possible before leaping towards a wall, pressing a foot firmly against it, and pushing off, using his momentum to spring right over the carriage. His spell had worn off...But it didn't matter, he was so close now! He spotted her running right into the same system of alleyways...Perfect chance to catch her now. ... And yet, just when they were approaching she seemed intent on stopping them from getting any closer. The same black energy appeared again. He held an arm out, trying to stop Karasu in case he didn't already witness what was going on.

"... I only barely managed to block the last bolt. I don't think I could do it a second time."

He gave another sigh, and chose to take a risky bluff. He sheathed his sword. ... And tossed it at her feet. He shook his head, standing his ground. He was intent on showing that there was no hostility from him, but that he wasn't going to leave.

"...I can't do that, I'm sorry. I don't know if you're the one I'm looking for, but I- No, the world itself needs your help. I have reason to believe you're the only one capable of saving us from destruction. I'm unarmed. You have no reason to fear me now."

He stepped forward slowly, one foot at a time. His arms outstretched, showing that there were no tricks up his sleeve, no hidden weapons. This wasn't a trap. In this state he would be unable to capture her.

"At least hear me out. ... Please."

His tone was desperate. It was clear he didn't want to have to rely on someone else...Rather, he didn't have a choice at all in the matter. He moved ever closer to her, and - if she didn't attempt to stop him, he would crouch down next to her, and place a hand on her shoulder. It wasn't the firm grip of someone trying to take hold of her and drag her away. ... it was the hand of someone who understood her fear. Understood that she clearly didn't like the situation everyone found themselves in.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:04 am

Almost immediately after our hopeful conversation... Things seemed to be taking a rather chilling turn. A mysterious voice calling out to not be summoned, but the Church persisted despite that. It caused a feeling of unease to creep up on me. Was this really what the ritual was like? It seemed so off... But finally the summoning would show at least one result, a young girl... Huh, where was her weapon though? And, she didn't look happy in the slightest. I would reach out in reflex to warn the others. "Hey, I think she's scared, so maybe-"

Unfortunately, before I could finish my warning, the girl reacted out of sheer survival instinct, lashing out with a strange power that I had never seen before. Manabi was the first to react to the situation, and he managed to prevent bloodshed from taking place. Since he was in the thick of things, I decided I would focus my efforts elsewhere. "Everyone, just keep your distance from her and get to safety!", I instructed aloud.

I didn't really like treating a young girl like she was some kind of monster, but... For the moment, it was safer for her too, I got the feeling that she wasn't trying to hurt anyone. Or at least, she wasn't specifically aiming to do that. After that... The girl would phase out just as suddenly as she had phased in, and by the time I was able to track her movements, I realized that she was running outside. Manabi would use another spell, this time to increase our speed. Well, in that case... There really was only one option.

We had to help her. That was my first thought, anyway. So our chase led us outside, and my companion was the first to note that the alleyways would be far less crowded, and easier to maneuver in... Likely the same thought process the girl had. I followed his lead, since he seemed to know exactly what was going on. That being said... We closed in on a carriage which was blocking our way. And he said something about jumping over it.

"Huh?! Well, okay! Here goes nothing!", I braced myself, and leaped as high as I could. Thankfully, Manabi's spell made it possible for me to jump higher than usual, and taking hold of the carriage in the right way, I could maintain my momentum and soar right over it without stopping. I would land safely on the other side, taking a moment to catch my breath... Looks like the magic had worn off now, but that was okay.

Manabi would spot the girl once more, and with that, we'd continue closing in on her. Though the Demi-Human would extend an arm and motion for me to not step any closer. Of course, before that I had noticed how the stranger was reacting to our presence... Yeah, I wasn't going to chance getting any closer to her when she was in that state. We needed to calm her down first, make her realize that we weren't a threat.

I would gently hold out my hand, palm facing towards her. I would shift my footwork just enough... Trying to make myself appear as nonthreatening as possible.
    "Hey... Listen. We're not here to hurt you. I get that you're scared... But we're here to help."

I spoke gently, trying to ease her alarmed state as best as I could. Manabi was taking a few risks, disarming himself and placing himself in the thick of things... I make a note of the situation as it is now. If she lashes out in fear again, I'd need to help him this time. Still, if we just kept this up... Maybe she would really figure out that we weren't here to do her any harm.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Lamia
    Lamia
    Chaotic Horny
    Chaotic Horny
    Five Years
    You've been part of our home for half a decade!

Post by Lamia Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:32 pm

The black weapons pointed sharply at the pair upon hearing strange mans words. Who did he think he was?! What did think she was, some kind of deity? She wasn't a hero! She wasn't even a WARRIOR. All she had was cooking skills and even those wearn't refined. What was he spouting about? Her saving their world? She didn't even know where she was. How did she even know they were the good guys here? For all she knew they could have summoned her to conquer some peaceful country. Thing was even if that was the case she still coudn't do it!

"Stop calling me a hero! How do I even know I can trust you? For all I know you lot are the bad guys!"

She called, still confused. Why did they call her that? They didn't know who she was ether! She didn't want to be broughr here... She was forced here. So why were they talking like this as if they hadn't done anything wrong? Why were they speaking like they were so innocent? If not then than whoever summoned her... They did this! They brought her to this forign world, their the reason she has this weird power she doesn't understand.

"I'm just a girl... Who do you people think you are expecting me to save your world?! I don't even know you! This isn't even my home! How is any of that fair?!"

She was upset, afraid. She was angry because who did they think they were? They pull her into their world and then think they can start directing her however they felt like? They didn't seem like bad people but dammit they sure as heck were being demanding! She wasn't some anime heroine or comic super hero, she just wasn't. Expecting her to just make their world safe and sound all of a sudden was not right!
    She took a deep breafh though, they wearn't threatining her. As she calmed herself the black weapons seemed to vanish into thin air.

"I'm listening.... Go ahead, tell me how any of this is right, how any of its ok. How tearing a girl from her home... Is in anyway for the greater good, tell me"

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Record of the War of Waves: The Rising of the Heroes Image

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:21 am