Magical gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Magical gamers

A forum for games, stories and much more!

3 posters

Runetale

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

Runetale Empty Runetale

Post by Amord Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:42 pm

Runetale Deltarune_Dark_Fountain

The Last Dark World... And the last Dark Fountain. It was a long journey, and everyone certainly had mixed feelings about it. Kris found themselves unable to articulate the thoughts running through their head.

Ralsei had accompanied them to this Dark Fountain in particular. Because this one was... Well, the last one. It was the end of the prophecy. Once this one was closed, the world would be saved. The atmosphere gave one a sense of nostalgia, and longing. Somber, but not... Exactly sad, because of loss or failure.

Susie was the first one to chime up.

"Man... The last one, huh? I guess after this, there's no more crazy adventures in the Dark Worlds for us.", her voice broke away the silence.

Kris looked down, and Ralsei took a step towards them. But before anything came of it, Susie just gives Kris a quick, playful jab on the shoulder.

"Hey, we still got that town of ours!
    ... Don't you go getting soft on me now.
    "
    After everything, even Susie could understand where they were coming from... But this wasn't a bad thing, it didn't have to be a sad occasion, even if it meant that they would retire from being Heroes after this.

Kris smiles softly, and looks back up at the Dark Fountain.

In turn, Ralsei gives a beaming smile as he begins to speak as well.
    "Exactly!"

His smile faded. "But... All of this has happened already, you know?"

K̵̛̻̮̮͔͖͓͕̤̼̋̒̾̽̎̀̓̒͘r̶̞͗͛̅̃̾̀͐̓ȉ̶̤́̌̐s̷̢͓̝͕̗̏͐̾
    Vaneera jolted awake, sitting up in her bed, taking a few gasps for fresh air. The room seemed to spin around her, and her senses had trouble adjusting to the shock. Slowly... But surely, it all began to subside, though. It came into focus. She was in her home, this was

K̵̛̻̮̮͔͖͓͕̤̼̋̒̾̽̎̀̓̒͘r̶̞͗͛̅̃̾̀͐̓ȉ̶̤́̌̐s̷̢͓̝͕̗̏͐̾'s
    her room.

It looked just like she remembered it. A window on one end, a door on the opposite, both located in the middle of the spacing. A shared room between siblings. If viewing the room from the entrance, she would be located on the right. On the left was

A̸̧̫̥̜͔͇̟͒̌͋̽̉͑̇̇̕͠s̵͔̺̣̣̯͓̲͍̥͎̯̐̊̐͂͐͒̏͐̄̂̌̈́ͅr̸̛̝̩̙̥̫̪̎ĭ̴̞̭̱̹͖͍̥̹̫̃ȩ̶̨̳̗̺̜͓̝̼̝͎͔̣̾͛̉̉̈́́̑̅̕̚͘̚͠͝ͅl̸̡̧͕̪̱̯̤̦̏̅̏́̒̓̔̉̓̐͝͝ͅ[
    Motet. She came through.

Vaneera shakes her head, and slowly gets out of bed. Everything looked just like before... When she checks the corner of the room -- no more birdcage.

Guess that means escape is possible now.

She steps towards the door and as she moves to open it, someone on the other side opens it as is.

T̷̢̓̊̈õ̸̡̦͓̩̱̮͑̋͐͆̒͒̈́͘r̷̢̦̳̜̯̩̮̜̳̺̗̭̓̎̈͗̒̈́̓̊̚͜͠i̷̩̼̱̣̠̝̙̜̔̔͗̈́̍͊̐̓͒̂̀͜ͅȩ̶̛̻̫̝̬̮͍͑̔̽̈́͒̃͆̑̓̓̈̀̕l̷̠̝͈̘̤̝̜̙̺̈́̉͆ͅ ̵̹̭̱̦͔̻̦̉͋͑̒̀̕Ḑ̸̡̧̮͎̣̬̯͔̻̳̮̩͔̈̌̉́͛̀̔̕͜ŗ̷̹͓͔̘͙̻͈̯̅ę̶͇̣̬̪̜̙̦̻͈̖̟̞͒͒̅̎̍̃̑̀͝͝e̷͖̜͇͐̆̈́̆̓̔̒͘̕͠m̶̧̘͖̦͈̣̥͕̦̟̬̄̇͐͑̈̈́̒͝u̵̯͇̩̬͚̟͘͜ṟ̴̢̧͍͖͓̤̥̳͉͈͍̠̖͋̃͜r̸̻͕̜͉͙͕̟̜͈̮̦͇̰͋͒͆͒̑̅ͅ
    Tasque Manager seemed rather surprised that Vaneera was already up.

"Oh... You're awake! Oh, you must be so confused right now.", she steps into the room and gently assists Vaneera back to the bed, where they both sit down.

"Listen... Whatever you did back there... It seems to have saved a lot of us. We're still searching for people, but... We're safe now. You're safe."

Vaneera's attention is then drawn to the window, mainly because of how noisy it sounded now. What she saw was a city -- much larger than the hometown she was familiar with.

"To get you caught up with everything... We seem to be in another world. Darkners can hold their forms here, and there's a lot of Humans too! Monsters as well. Something seems to have happened between them recently, and... Most Darkners are seen as Monsters. We're fitting in well." Tasque Manager explained.

Vaneera lets out a small sigh of relief.
    "I hope we can find everyone... But, this house...?", she asked, understandably confused on why this place was here.

"You seem to have brought it with you... It's home, after all.", Tasque Manager replies, and then stands up. "I found you unconscious, and I brought you here. Motet helped too. I'm almost finished cooking too! So you just take it easy for now, alright?"

With a nurturing headpat from the girl that seems to have assumed a motherly role, Vaneera is left on her bed to gather her thoughts on all of this.

"A whole other world..."
    It still seemed so unreal. But it certainly seemed to be the case.

Finally having the chance to process things, Vaneera turns her gaze to Motet...

The world of Deltarune has come to it's completion.
    In the final moments, Vaneera pulled as many as she could to another world, one as suitable as could be for the people that she cared for.

Her attempts left a rippling effect. Many new faces find themselves in an entirely foreign world...

A new story begins.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Aut viam ivenium aut faciam | I shall either find a way or make one
    Lamia
    Lamia
    Chaotic Horny
    Chaotic Horny
    Five Years
    You've been part of our home for half a decade!

Runetale Empty Re: Runetale

Post by Lamia Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:00 pm

Runetale Motet

The time for talk is over...

Now.... it is only time to fight!

Motet LV:10 Health:499 EQUIP:Devilsknife/Silver Watch

C̷̤͂ĥ̵̭a̴̼̎ŗ̶͛a̷̐ LV:20 Health:???? EQUIP:Real Knife/Heart Locket

Kris belived in her

She could hear their voice, even now. Calling to her.

They needed her here, so they could finish it all.

So they could save the world.

That was why she faced down the girl in front  of her, one that looked so similar to them. Surrounded in that black mist... She knew this girl was strong.

But she was silent, uncaring as she stared at her, Motet could tell... she was set in what she wanted to do.

But she would stop her.

Scythe clashed with Knife as the world rumbled around them. Motet was what stood between this monster and utter destruction. She had to admit the girl even made her shudder at times. No matter how she attacked the counter was her slashing at her once more with that knife of hers, sometimes a simple slash, sometimes releasing blasts of red energy. The worst part was that she seemed to simply tank whatever Motet herself sent her way.

X-Slash, she was simply knocked back and kept coming.

Motet:434

C̷̤͂ĥ̵̭a̴̼̎ŗ̶͛a̷̐:????

The blows continuing

Violent Star!

Bursts of black rock blew up around her, she kept walking forward, kept striking back.

Motet:352

C̷̤͂ĥ̵̭a̴̼̎ŗ̶͛a̷̐:????

She was getting more and more tired, but she coudn't stop, she had to keep going... keep fighting... she had to destroy this thing for Kris! She would!

DevilBane!

Rings of energy surrounded her opponent and shredded agaisnt her violently.

But she didn't stop, she kept attacking

Again and again...

Motet:55

C̷̤͂ĥ̵̭a̴̼̎ŗ̶͛a̷̐:???

She coudn't distract Kris. But she had to do this... she needed... just a little boost.

"Noelle please... lend me some strength..."

She felt cold energy well inside her, and for the first time in the fight the monsters girl flinched.

Motet cast [Noelle:Snowgrave]

A violent snowstorm went over her opponent, seemingly from nowhere the harshest of storms, the strongest of winds. the ice storm was strong enough it could even be seen at a distance.

But still the girl wasn't frozen solid.

But she did fall to one knee, both did, and both were panting.

C̷̤͂ĥ̵̭a̴̼̎ŗ̶͛a̷̐:55

The next blow would be the last, they both could tell... they reeled, they charged.... and then the world shook once more, and everything faded into light around them....

Her eyes opened slowly, and she felt the comforting presence of sheets and covers, a bed beneath her, pink and yellow eyes looked over to the other side of the room, seeing the person she fought so hard for standing there.  Yes that was....

"K̴̼̒r̸̼̈i̶͔̅s̷͉͋ Vani..... Vani what... happened? Did we win?"

The last thing she knew she was in a fight with that person and now....

HAD they won?

///////////////////

Runetale Glitchtale_Chara

A light in the darkness....

A young girl, mourned by her family. Forgotten by reality. The first child, the one who fell into the world of monsters so long ago, who brought chaos to a realm left behind.. Chara, a girl who made many mistakes-and made to bear the mistakes of another-until she couldn't take it anymore.

"Mom...."

Chara took in all the hatred Frisk caused. She could blame her for everything but... She wasn't complelty innocent ether. Chara had used her own best friend to try and get revenge on humans as well... All out of spite. That was her, nobody else. Frisk and her were both guilty... Both tainted. Frisk knew it just as much as she did.

"Dad..."

She regretted everything, but their was no way for her to take anything back, to make anything right. She couldn't correct her mistakes, nor could she correct frisks. The world they lived in now.... It was the best result. Besides... She couldn't reset even if she wanted to. She had no power, no trait. Her soul was all but empty. She couldn't... Affect anything anymore. The young girl reached for an empty spot around around her neck, her hand falling to her side a moment later.

"Asriel...."

All she could see before her was the void. Their was nothing no matter where she went.  She knew why, she didn't exist. But then... Why was she even here? She should be gone. Was this her punishment? Her pergatory between timelines?

"Everyone.... I'm sorry"

She paused for a moment, thinking things over.

"Vaneera can go fuck herself though"

Muttered the fallen child, totally not salty.

/////////

Runetale Glitchtale__betty_and_akumu__1_2__by_mcmania332-daqxtxs

Another young girl sits on a bench looking all over, a smile on her face as she looks at everyone. Humans.... Monsters.

Akumu"

For months everything had been peaceful. Negotions were going well... Monsters were intergrating well into today's world.

The girl steps down, a ruffle in the air answers her call.

"It's time to get started"

//////////

[Noelle LV:5 Health:166 EQUIP:Thorn Ring/None]

She heard Motet call for her.

She felt a pull.

After that she was… here. She felt a rumble….. she tripped and woke up here.
    Was she dreaming again?

……………………

She….. didn’t like her last dream much.

…………………..

She remembered it… so vividly… everything that happened. But she… had to… even as a dream it was so real and…

She had to beat them, to get stronger. She had to beat them because they were going to hurt her and her friend.

She walked step by step in this forested place, the jungle like area. Alone with her thoughts, with memories of a dream like this one but different. She paused a moment, hand raised over her chest  Then looked forward, and immediately became distracted by something more important. Because in the area in front of her… was her fried, Alba.

He was being assaulted by what looked like two weird monkeys and a particularly strong rhino with a hammer. (Why did a rhino have a hammer? Weren’t they already st.. focus Noelle focus!)
    Intent on not letting these things hurt her friend, knowing exactly what she had to do… Noelle charged forward….

And released cold from her hands, Iceshock!

The first monkey was frozen where it stood. If one watched Noelle it would seem that once she started battle she was actively in a form of minor pain, but was to entranced in her fight to actually notice it. Her eyes in fact, were practically ice as she defended the fallen Alba.
    Another Ice shock, another frozen monkey.

That was right… her powers had grown because…

…..they could get stronger.

She woudn’t let Alba be hurt, she would remove them.

Icy wind blew the Rhino back, Noelle’s actions were as chilling as how she felt. It was clear, she had every intent of freezing it solid as well, even as it began to back away from her in fear.

And she did, Iceshock was fast one more and he was frozen, hammer and all.

Noelle panted in exhaustion as she finished her work.

[Noelle LV:6 Health:192]

Runetale Holiday

She went back to Alba and leaned down in worry, only then noticing she was clad in the robes she had been before. That made sense she supposed.. she was here again. But more importantly…

”Alba… are you ok? Please… please be ok…”
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:45 pm

I keep having these strange dreams every day. They feel so real...But is it really that way, or is it just my imagination? But they're just bad dreams right...? Even so, I can't seem to get them out of my mind. It's always the same place...A towering jungle that seems to just go on forever.

Alba falls from a great void... He falls for what feels like hours until a sprawling jungle finally comes into view, cutting through the dark, his clothing suddenly changes to something much more combat appropriate.

Runetale Combat_Alba

Alba LV: 1 HP: 100 EQUIP: Broken Axe/?̞͇̲̞̳̆ͦ͋ͅ?̛̬̹̠̩ͭ͛?̗ͭ̌́̑͒ͥ/D̢̛͍̻̟͍̟̓ͨ̐̏̅ͫ̊̌̒̈́ͤͯ̀͒̃̽̎́͘͞ő̵̠̹͓̠̾̔ͪ̈́ͤ͋̇ͪͨͦ̎̓͒̃̄͜ń̷̺̳̹̤̬͖̖̖͔̝̳͎̻̭͈̹̹ͥ̽ͭͪͤ̂̉̓ͫ͌̾̔̈́́̿͆̊̍͝͡'̸̾ͧͪ̚͠͏̰̰͚̤̳̬͓̠̹̰̺̘̹̙̟̖̻̣͖t͗̂́̐̒͛̃̃ͥ̈́̉̎̒ͮ̀͏̵̘̤̫̥̙̣̬ͅ ́́́̓͐ͧ̎̓̿̂́͏̫̣͎̫͕̯̟̞̳̀͘f̛͎̮̣̦̲̩̫̭̲͈̗̪̩̘̮͚̰̲͋ͦ̉ͧ͌͌̾͗̓ͫ͑̇̓̎͊̄̀͘oͥ͋̆̍̒ͣ̓ͭ͌ͨ̂̀͋̎̒͝҉͍̣͙͇͉̠̱̖͍͈̙͕͔͍̦̗̥̳͍̕ṛ̷̛̩̳̭̺̖̝͓͉̖̞̗͔͇͈̩̾̑ͯ̍ͬ͂̒ͫ́͘͟g̸̷̛͉̹̤͙̤͈͗̐̾̍͜e̙̗̰̳̙͔̯͕͌ͩͣͬ̎ͯ͐ͪ̚̕͟͟ͅt̵̛ͦ͑̿̊̑ͪͨ͘҉̣͍̘͕̝̭̼̘͘

It's warm...The air feels thick with humidity. Hundreds of looming shadows emerge from the brush their eyes gleaming with power. Alba draws his axe and lashes out, fighting against them with all his might.

I feel overwhelming power, like I could take on an army. It pushes back the feeling of dread in my mind, the chill running up my spine...But it doesn't feel like it belongs to me. It isn't my power. It never was. All the same it doesn't matter. I have to keep fighting. It's as if there's some primal instinct pushing at me to fight. To destroy. I have to if I want to live.

The broken axe strikes out against the shadows, causing them to back away in fear. Each strike causes a stomach churning "crunch" to ring out. each hit causes some shadow to spill away from the creatures. But with each shadow that falls another one comes to take its place.

"Take this...!"

Alba used the ?̞͇̲̞̳̆ͦ͋ͅ?̛̬̹̠̩ͭ͛?̗ͭ̌́̑͒ͥ ! The shadows are caught in a blinding light! 010001000110111101101110 00100111011101000010000001000110011011110111001001100111011001010111010000101110 damage inflicted!

But no matter how much I try, even once I've beaten back the army of shadows...One massive shadow appears. Bigger than all the rest. It's always too strong and resists everything I try.

The greater shadow is preparing a big attack!

Alba swings the broken axe down on the greater shadow, but unlike the others it doesn't reel, it doesn't retreat...The damage inflicted is always 0. He strikes out over and over, but as he does, more shadows join the greater shadow in its assault. And before he can react...

Greater shadow used mega strike! 120 damage inflicted!

Alba LV: 3 HP: 14

Alba falls to the ground, the broken axe shattering into dust as it drops to the forest floor beside him. The shadows grow ever larger as he looks up at them, finally accepting his fate...

"It's cold..."

This is when the humid air of the jungle disappears, replaced by a cold burning frost that doesn't feel good...But doesn't feel entirely bad either. A valiant figure always appears to help me in my most dire time. A girl in a white cloak...It feels like I should know her. Like I've seen her somewhere before...But whenever I try to remember, there's nothing.

"N̴̜͉ͧ̍̐͆͊̉͠ ̶͇̰̹̿ͨ͋ͭO̸̹̰̘̙͖̺͖̞̘̓ͯ͊͠E̷̝̝̭͚͕͕̹̟͒ͮ̃ͪ̈́̾̎͞-̢̞̼͆̂ͫ̈̅͟L̶͎̤͓̞͇ͮ̽̂̔͟L̹̃̉͌̍ͮ͟͢͝E̲̺ͪ͒̇͛͐ͬ͡ !!!"

That's right...N͎͖̪̞̻͉̹ͦ̃͛̓̀ ͇̖̞̳̜̞̜̩͌̎̄̍ó̪̤͍͕̺̠̾́̇̽̅ͦ̾e̛̩̎̌͑͠-̨͕̜̙̲͖͑̅l̖̹̖̲̝̓̑ͫͪ͆ͥͫͮ̏͠ļ̸͍͚͎͔̌̌̆͘ė̛̘̩̺̲͓̗̌͂ͭ̒ͩ̀̕ It's a name I could never forget. ... But I can't ever remember it. I can't say it. Why? It feels like...I'm forgetting a very important friend.

The air crackles with a cold sound as one of the shadows is instantly frozen solid. The other two shadows give off some hesitance...Why? Whatever the reason they steel themselves and prepare to fight. A second shadow is rendered nothing but an ice sculpture as that earsplitting sound rings out again, the air growing colder by the second.

She always looks like she's in so much pain...Like she doesn't really want to do this. But she does at the same time. I don't feel better about seeing this. There's no relief of being rescued. Just a cold chill that I can't shake. Is it...Concern I feel? I don't know.

The greater shadow tries its best to resist the icy wind blowing its way. By now it looks...Mortified. It has no more allies to call upon. Nothing to help it. One final blast of cold...And it was over. The greater shadow was no more than an icicle.

That strange icy chill gets replaced by a comforting warmth. As if...Despite how bad things are, they will still be okay somehow. But I don't know why. I can't explain this strange feeling.

"n͙͚͙ͬ̔̚͟ ͓̠̥̳̖̩̻ͮ̇̈́̎̿͞ ͓̮͗̾̐͋̕-̸̰͖͎̱̼͈̺̞͗ͫ͑ͅo̶̻͍̜̘̤̰͖͔̐͆͢͟l̖̯̻͚͔̦͍ͭ̊͑ͧͯͯ̾̊ȩ͚͚̘̭͙̱̳̻̈̀... I can't believe you showed up just in time to help. Never mind me though, you...Look like you've been through a lot.

The...f̷̮͓͖̗͈͈̮̯̗̔ͦ̋̊̀ȏ̩̖̤̖̹̙̘̩̹̓ͪ͝u̸̱̞̞̘̤̦͊̑ͣ̽ņ̸̘͈͕͍̲͍̿ͨ́͑ͣ͋̏ͪ-̶̼̭̊-̡͑̑̐̿͒ͩͭ̚͏̮̙̬̪t̶̺͍̖̜͉̞̹́̑ͬͩ̄̾ͅa̫̣̲̪̙̺̼ͦ-̛̛̦̜͙͔̰̣͍̐͊ͅe̡̤͕̊i̶̺̣̮̬̥̝͍̿ͧͯ̂̓ͮͤͯ̀n̸͓̏̉̌ͦ̌̑̽͘͠  We have to close it. I've made a big mistake. I...This is all wrong! It's not supposed to be this way! Don't forget..."

"D̶o͜n͟͏͝'͝t͡͏̴ ̛͡f̧͜o̵͜r͟g̢͏et͜.͝͏"

"D͜o̴͘͠n̸͢'̧͝ţ̸͞͡ ̸̴̨̕͞f̶̕͡o̕͞͡͏r̷̶̢̕g̨͟͝e̶̷͡t̀͏́̕.̶͞"

"D̡̲͍̬̲̜̺͖̫̮̝̪̗͍͓͟͝ͅo͏͚̮͇̖̦͍̰̗̲͎̥̥̦̘-̵̸̭̮͉̩͠n̴̥̬̗͙̥̯̜̮̤͇͕͢͟ ̛҉̙͍̖͔̩͍̩͚͍̮͉̮̞̳͉̱ ̵̛̣͓̠̰̠͓̖̪̳͕̗͜ͅf̷̛̠̻̻̘͇̼͎͡͞f̢̨͍̼̬̜͉̠͉̣̺̲̹̀͘f̨̙̝̙̲̪̜͎̝̰̥̥̯͇̹͜͢ǫ̴̛͏̖̭͍̬̹̯ͅr͏̶̩̰̳̰̯̮̺͇̤͚͘͟ͅg̷̰͖͉̙͘-̴͈͕͇̣͈̕e͏̢͈̣̳͈͜-͚̠̺̪̙͘͘͟͞͡-̶̜̦̳͓͖̰̩́͞t̴̵̡̻̜̯̪̤̭̠͠"

"-҉̶̡҉̥̠̲̥̲͍͎͔̳̩̺͙̣͓̥͔̝͘ͅ-̵͕͔̱̥̝͎̝͖̀ͅ-̶̩̮̜͖̼̗̺̞̖̝͚̠̻̖̀-́͘͟͢҉̲͎̪̹-̩̲̗̱̼͈̘͔͎̻̺̜̲̕͢-̸̡͉͍̙͚̺͍͔̮͘͜͜ͅͅ-̴̴̨͢҉͈̩̭̱-̨͉̟̥̯͎̰̩͓̙̲̠̮̭̠̮̲̤̀͘-̮̬̻̮̤̞͍͈̰̕͜͠-̶̨͙̻̯̺͖͍̯̺̭͔̯̳͙͓̦́͜͞"

------------

"WHA?!"

Alba jolts awake covered in a cold sweat. Upon closer inspection he realizes his sleeve is completely soaked in drool...Had he fallen asleep again? He lifts his head up from the cold wooden table he was seated at wearily and inspects his surroundings. ... Oh right, he was still at work. That old cafe that took him in and hired him. What was it called again...? Uh-

"Hey boss, what's our cafe called?"

... Every single person in this cafe, including the sparse clientele fell out of their seats, completely surprised by the lack of tact on display. Oh but...That's right! The cafe's called Ahnenerbe! Alba stands up from his seat, rubbing the back of his head with a completely oblivious content smile, unsure as to why he's drawn the attention of the room on himself. But he was certainly relieved to be past that weird nightmare. Even despite the cool darkened atmosphere of this place, it still felt a lot brighter than the void of sleep right now.

"Sorry boss...I must have fallen asleep again. I haven't really been sleeping well lately...Uh, it's complicated."

Runetale Ahnenerbeinterior

Ahnenerbe...This is where I work! I've been working here for almost as long as I can remember! Which...Isn't very long incidentally. Turns out I have amnesia! This lady named Neco-Arc took me in while I was wandering the streets not so long ago. She said something about "Needing to hire someone with a heavy destiny"...Whatever that means. Even though monsters have only been on the surface for a few months, this cafe is circa 1997...Huh?

"You slept through your entire work shift again Albnya-"

"S-sorry boss! I'll make it through a whole shift tomorrow! I swear!"

"I don't exactly know what you're going through but you look less like you slept and more like someone threw you down a flight of stairs! Try not to look like that, I don't want to pay worker's compensation! Besides, how the hell am I gonna explain this to George?!"

That's my boss...Neco-Arc! She's some weird cat monster thing. She swears her appearance is completely normal, but most of the cat monsters I see in the city are a lot taller. And a lot less rubbery-looking...But she's well meaning despite it all! She's from some place she calls the "Cat Kingdom" but nobody I've talked to has ever heard of that country before. Well, she may be short but she's like a mentor of sorts to me! Just don't get on her bad side.

A cat monster with gray hair smokes a cigarette, inhaling deeply and blowing the smoke away.

"It seems the true destiny affects those from distant places in ways no one could possibly predict. Farewell to you, my dear sleep cycle...Oh why! I can't possibly go on like this! I must bid farewell to those sleepless nights as well!"

A third cat monster nods their head aggressively, agreeing with the complete nonsense uttered by the gray one known as "Neco-Arc Chaos"...A patron, also a cat monster with pink hair sighs, taking a drink from a piping hot cup of coffee. For some reason she has a name tag informing everyone her name is "Neco-Arc Destiny". She's...Not an employee here but she decides to interject all the same.

"Such a tragic backstory murunyaaaaa~...I'm quite jealous you know."

Neco Arc sighs, shaking her head in disbelief at the hi-jinks ensuing.

"Well, it doesn't matter. There's still something you can do. Sweep the floor while I go negotiate with George for the lunch rush curry! We're bound to get customers soon! I can feel it in my rocket engine!"

"But you don't have a rocket-! Well...You can count on me boss!"

Neco-arc heads into the kitchen, pushing through the heavy door as it swings back and forth. Naturally, no one in the cafe acknowledged her comment about rocket engines aside from Alba himself. The amnesiac employee grabs the broom he had propped up against the table next to him, taking it in hand and beginning to sweep the floors of the cafe.

As he swept the dusty wooden floorboards of the shop he passed by a mirror, stopping momentarily to gaze into its crystal surface that reflected the world back at him.

*Despite everything, it's still you.

Runetale AlbaPortrait

Alba gave a sigh of relief...The strange clothing he wore in his dream was gone. He supposed it really was just something he was overthinking. Despite his limited memory, Alba was sure of one thing; he wasn't anyone important. Fighting off hordes of strange creatures in an alien landscape? That just wasn't him. But honestly...He had no problem with things being that way. The life he was living now was nice. Things were peaceful. And at least with no memories there were no traumas to remember! No phobias, no cringey childhood memories. No regrets. He was just someone who lived in the present. ... But maybe that was someone he was before too...? He smiled to himself, brushing off the thought. He was just Alba. That was all that mattered.

After an hour of sweeping the floor was really looking good! Neco-Arc soon emerged from the kitchen, pots and pans being tossed at her all the while! She pressed against a wall to dodge the flurry of cooking utensils coming out through the door next.

"There's been a change of plans...This cat's nine lives are in danger now that I've enraged George. Albnya! You can take the rest of the day off. You can...Take the broom with you by the way. I noticed your apartment was a little dusty last time I visited."

The amnesiac grinned, giving his boss a thumbs up.

"Sweet! Free broom! Thanks boss!"

"If it wasn't for your pro-cat ideologies I wouldn't find you so endearing Albnya - Go home and get some rest, we'll clean up the rest of the cafe from here. BUBBLES. GET THE EXTRA LARGE VACUUM!"

The sound of the agreeing cat monster fills the room as she shakes her head aggressively...

Alba smiles, giving a nod of understanding to his boss as he turns to leave, this cafe was weird...But it was nice. These Neco people were like some kind of estranged family to him. With a bright grin he pushed the front door open, the bright rays of sunlight washing in and filling the cafe's cool interior with warmth.

"Seeya tomorrow everyone!"

Alba stepped out of the front door into the blinding midday sunlight, the warmth giving him a feeling of comfort after that odd dream happened again... He waved to passerby as he walked the streets back to his apartment. Some familiar faces he had gotten to know in his time living here, and some new faces he didn't recognize. It was a big city after all, there were bound to be a few people he didn't know.

"Afternoon Alba!"

Who he was didn't matter to these people...All that mattered was who he IS. He gave a friendly wave to those who greeted him. And yet...He couldn't shake the feeling that something was missing...Like these weren't the people he was supposed to be familiar with. Before he knew it the streets slowly began to become more barren...An odd thing given the city he was in, but it didn't cross his mind at first.

And yet, as he continued to walk down the street, he began to notice many things that were off. The warm comfort of the midday sun gave way to an odd feeling he couldn't shake. It was a...Very familiar feeling and yet somehow it was also alien. It was dread...Pure dread the likes of which he couldn't shake. Why? Wasn't he on the same path he took home every day after work? This was all the same routine he had done since he arrived here. There was something biting at the back of his mind, telling him to run...[/i]

He felt a sense of disorientation...The shadows loomed above. But...They were just a part of a dream right? He shook his head, realizing that the path to his apartment never took this long to walk...Something really wasn't right after all. He tried desperately to keep his balance but failed, falling down. It was only the shock of falling that made him realize this wasn't a familiar place at all.

Runetale Alley1

The buildings towered above him, seeming to reach the sky even though he could clearly make out the top of each one. The streets were filled with a neon glow that looked nothing like the city he knew. It was dusk now, even though he could have sworn it was midday only moments ago. Everything about this place felt...Wrong. Like it shouldn't exist. - No, like it didn't have the RIGHT to exist. He stood up, glancing around and seeing only the same rows of buildings in every direction. The places he had passed weren't there any more.

"No...No this can't be right! Am I still dreaming...?"

Alba couldn't stop to think and take in his surroundings...Shadows approached. Beings that looked almost humanoid, and yet...They were too tall. Their limbs too thin and long to be anything even close to a human. As they approached closer and closer one other detail became apparent - The fanged smiles they gave him as they came closer with a menacing aura.

"Can't think about it...Just have to run!"

He was so caught up in the terrifying situation that he failed to notice an important detail...The combat clothing he always wore in his dreams was back. But this time it was all too real. He sprinted away from the smilers, rounding a corner and seeing more approaching from a side alley. His breathing became heavier and heavier as the stamina he held strained under the constant sprint...He rounded yet another corner to escape the horde of smiling monsters that cut off his path at every avenue. Although this time...He had become cornered. The alley he darted into was a dead-end. There was NO escape for him...He had no choice but to FIGHT.

"D...Don't think I won't hurt you! I'll do anything to defend myself you know! I...I'll show you! Hrah!!!"

As Alba struck out at the closest shadow with his broom...it became a broken axe, smacking harmlessly off of the smiling menace as he recoiled backwards. The surreal citizen retaliated, it's arms growing impossibly longer as they slashed at him, causing real damage.

"H...Hey that hurts! I'm warning you, stop it before I get really mad!"

Alba steps forward...Another swing!

Another harmless deflection. Another retaliation, but this time the slashes bring him down to his knees, barely fighting off the pain.

"Stop...Stop...! It hurts... Someone...Help..."

The horde of surreal citizens laugh and chuckle, seemingly amused at his suffering by their hands...One more steps forward, its arms extending as it prepares to finish him off...He closes his eyes and flinches, preparing for the worst...

SLICE

... But the end never came. Instead he opens his eyes to see a familiar face standing in front of him, having knocked away one of those creatures!

"H...Huh?! Boss! You saved me!"

Runetale Neco-dance

"Nya nya nya! I knew I smelled trouble! C'mon, get on your feet! We've got a REAL fight on our hands!"

Alba slowly gets back to his feet, struggling against the pain for only a moment before it thankfully subsides...But he scratches his head, laughing awkwardly at Neco-Arc's suggestion.

"I uh...Don't know how to fight though."

Neco-arc's eyes go wide in shock as she turns to look at him.

"NYANI?! Oh right...I hired you as an assistant, not a fighternyan. Well, I suppose it's time for an old fashioned tutorial!"

... Alba continued laughing awkwardly, clearly not getting it.

"A tutorial? Like in a...Video game or something?"

Neco-arc gives him an annoyed glare in silence before speaking finally breaking the silence by speaking up.

"Just follow my lead burunyu. Let an expert show you what to do!"

The duo took on fighting poses! The horde hesitated for a moment because it wasn't their turn. As the two stand valiantly, Neco-arc takes the time to explain everything to Alba carefully.

"Sometimes in a battle you've just gotta FIGHT! Watch me go and then try to replicate it! Really put your weight into your strikes if you wanna make a difference! NYAHAAAH!!!"

Neco leapt into the air and struck one of the surreal citizens with her claws! 100 damage dealt!

Alba grinned, finally starting to relax and really get into the fight!

"I think I'm starting to get it! But I only have a broom to fight with, how am I supposed to make a difference?"

Arc shook her head.

"Any way you look at it that's an axe nyu."

Alba seemed...Pretty confused by this however.

"But this is a broom! I borrowed it from the cafe."

"It's an axe-like broom. A broom with the stats of an axe! Just try FIGHTing already!"

Alba finally relented and accepted that he had a broomaxe... He then took a moment to steel himself...And struck out, putting all of his weight into the swing! 86 damage dealt to the surreal citizen! It backed away with a pained screech!

"H...Hey I did it! I'm really fighting back!"

Neco-arc gave a quick thumbs up of approval!

"Great, but now it's their turn to fight back!"

Alba simply gave her a confused look, trying to figure out what to do next.

"What do you mean? They're-Whoa!!!"

Alba narrowly dodged a slash from the extendo arms of the surreal citizen! There was a faint aqua-marine glow coming from his chest.

"See that? That's your soul! The very culmination of your being nya! Try not to let it get hit, that would be bad for you."

Sweat drips down the side of his face as he looks down at his tutorial master.

"U...uh right...I'll keep that in mind."

"Now then, killing these things would be bad for businyas! So let's take a different approach! Instead of FIGHTing why don't you try and ACT instead?"

Alba just became...Even more confused, lowering his guard for a second as he tried to parse what Neco-arc was saying.

"You mean like...Pretend to be something else?"

Neco-arc claws at his leg in disapproval!

"No! I mean try doing something that comes natural to you! Follow your heart and react! You might just find that some enemies are willing to drop their guard if you do!"

Alba glanced around, trying to think of something to do in a hurry...!

"H...Here goes nothing!"

Alba wiggled his whole body at the surreal citizen! It wiggled back, seeming to gain some mutual understanding from their exchange...Surreal Citizen is calm now!

"That...Wasn't exactly what I would have done nya...But it worked! Now that its guard is down, try and SPARE the thing! Not all fights are gonna be against something that can be reasoned with, but with your main character status I'm certain you'll think your way out of most of them!"

Alba spared the Surreal Citizen! Battle Won!

With the tutorial over, the horde of surreal citizens stopped smiling...And promptly retreated. Alba dropped down to his knees, catching his breath. Somehow despite everything...he survived.

"That...Was too close. If you weren't here I'd be a goner!"

Neco-arc rubbed her chin, pondering things...

"This isn't any time to relax Albnya! We have to find the source of whatever is causing this and put a stop to it. ... I was...Actually going to leave after the tutorial was over. But it turns out I'm stuck here...How annoying!"

Alba finally finished catching his breath, recovering the energy he had expended from running away. He was calming down now...Even though the disorienting feeling of this place remained, he was starting to feel better. He stood up, brushing himself off.

"Right...Well, any idea what we should do? I don't have any idea where to find the source of this!"

Neco-arc moved to stand behind him, laughing mischievously.

"You're the main character of this party...You should lead the way! But I suppose a beginner tip wouldn't hurt...When I came here I felt the aura of a main heroine type-character nearby! That would be a great place to start don't you think?"

It's been two months since the incident under Mount Ebott was resolved. The monsters have finally been able to return to the surface just like in the old days before they were sealed away. And I was lucky enough to be a part of that...To see the seal broken - To help break the seal. Despite the things I regret I'm hopeful for our future together. As an ambassador between the humans and monsters I have to make sure the two can acclimate well and learn to live in peace. Despite some hesitance from the humans...It's actually going well! Things are really looking up for all of us. Myself and my friends.

It's me - Frisk!

Frisk waves goodbye to their friends as they head out into the bright midday sun. They had a job to do after all. Even though peace talks between humans and monsters were going well, there was one...Small hiccup. A group known as the AMD...Short for the Anti-Monster Department. Their fear of monsters is holding back the proceedings. As the ambassador to the monsters of the underground, Frisk has taken it upon themselves to speak to the leader of the AMD personally. After all, all one needs to be better is friendship!

Even though Frisk wasn't the one leading the peace talks...Obviously due to their less than stellar communication skills, they still felt the need to help. After all they had been through with the people of the underground it didn't feel right not to keep helping however they could.

Although their trip to the AMD Headquarters was interrupted by a certain pink someone...Frisk spotted a car racing towards a girl that was standing in the street, completely unaware of the dangerous situation she was in!

"Watch out!!!"

Frisk quickly ran over to her, stepping infront of her...And then with all their power focused into their determination...A great red barrier appeared! Stopping the car seconds from impact. A cloud of smoke obscured the pair for a moment before it finally dissipated...Revealing that the car was...Gone??? Frisk looked confused for a moment...But gave a sigh and shrugged it off, turning to face the pink girl.

"Are you okay?"
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:45 pm

So much had happened in such a short span of time. Vaneera tried to recall all the details, but... It wasn't any good, she lets out a small sigh. "It seems like we're safe now, at least."

Vaneera says with a soft smile as she gets back onto her feet once more. "Come on. Let's go check things out a bit, Motet."

She was already used to her friends following her lead, and she didn't think this time would be any exception -- but if Motet did linger behind for whatever reason, Vaneera would obviously check up on her... But if they were able to traverse freely, then they would move out into the hallway.

Vaneera looks to her right, and then to her left. She walks down to the locked room, but stops short of the door to stand in front of the mirror.

Runetale Vaneera_hood_down_Eye_Edit_2

It's finally you.

Vaneera couldn't help but blink at the sight in front of her. She leans a bit closer, and cranes her neck a bit, as she moves the rest of her body, she finds it mirrored perfectly even as she seems so inquisitive of what is in front of her... This was the VESSEL from way back when.

She straightens out in front of the mirror, and then brings a hand up in a practiced motion. The MENU appears before her eyes.

[Vaneera LV: 1 HP: 90/90 EQUIP: Knight's Sword / Jevilstail / Dealmaker / S̵͆ͅô̸̧m̴̜̕ȇ̴̝ţ̷̈́ȟ̵͖i̷͕͋ṋ̴̿g̷̙̉]

Both her appearance... And now the name. She wasn't Kris anymore... She was finally herself. What's more, Darkners seemed to be capable of living in this new world. It was likely that she could find all her friends -- and then they could make themselves a new home.

Maybe there were people besides the Darkners that escaped too... But as much as she wanted to happy about this, there were a few things that seemed to be locked off. The other equipped items. When she tried to examine them through the MENU, it just didn't do anything.

Trying to manipulate the vague items on her person felt like trying to handle air. Huh... Seems like they're not ready yet. She got the feeling that they were just like the Jevilstail and the Dealmaker, though.

Jevil and Spamton... So they technically made the trip as well. Things were starting to come back, but a lot of things were missing too. Oh well, she'd just have to figure it out in time.

Vaneera closes the MENU and then turns her attention to Motet.
    "So, nothing seems out of place to you, Motet?", she queries, a little surprised.

After an exchange of words, she would once more begin to lead the way, this time headed towards the kitchen, and the living room. Tasque Manager was still working away at the meal she was preparing, and as Vaneera approached the front door... It's thrown open with a slam, and a large, imposing figure steps inside.

One all-too-familiar. Large and rotund, and a head in the shape of a spade. The King of Spades. He takes a few slow steps into the house... Then turns his attention to the large couch, and sits down.

".... Sit. We have much to talk about, Lightner."

Cautiously, Vaneera does just that, sitting in one of the free chairs as she stares at the King that she fought so long ago.

The unease is slowly cut away as he begins to speak once more. "There's so much light outside... We Darkners seem to be able to hold our forms here, however."

Vaneera gives a small nod. "You don't seem happy about your freedom."

The King sits in silence for a moment. "... My son, Lancer. He never gave up on me. Every time you sealed a Dark Fountain, he would bring all the people that you saved in your efforts to me. Hoping to convince me that Lightners are not the evil I thought them to be."

He grimaced... "He is...", but then his face softens into a smile. "... A kind, bouncy pumpkin."

Soon enough, he regathers his composure. "I am still unsure what to make of Lightners... But it is clear that the fight is over now. It must be.", he turns his gaze to Vaneera.

"This world seems to have tensions between Humans and Monsters. The Monsters seem to welcome us with open arms. The Humans are more... Cautious...", his brow furrows at that. "There was a time I would have taken that as proof of the Lightners abandoning us, but..."

He pauses. Vaneera can't help but lean forward a little, to show that she was listening.

The King does manage to continue.
    "We must settle into this new world, and that means that peace must be brokered. However, they do not seem so inclined as to listen to us. No matter where we turn, or which Darkner we ask, they all say the same thing."

He seems a little displeased, but soon gets to the point. "They think you should be the Ambassador for all Darkners. To bridge the gap between us, and this new world. I am loathe to agree with them... But if anyone may surprise me at this point; it would be you."

Vaneera leans back into her chair, adjusting her posture a bit... But also just trying to process the news. This really wasn't their world anymore... Some way or another, she broke free, and she brought her friends with her. But, they still needed her.

"...Well, I can't exactly disappoint them, or you, can I? I guess I'm the Ambassador, then.", she finally replies.

The King lets out a small grunt.
    "I had a feeling that would be your answer..."
    He stands, but doesn't begin to walk just yet. "... Little one. It would be nice to see everyone united again... I think... My son would like that, too."

With that, he begins to take his leave...

Before he steps out, however, he turns his attention to Vaneera once more.
    "There will be a meeting between Humans and Monsters at the HSO tomorrow. With some convincing, we have negotiated a spot for Darkners. Mind that you are ready for it, Lightner."

He then leaves, closing the door behind him.

Vaneera lets out a small sigh of relief.

"Well... Not how I expected that reunion to go... But I guess he's trying to trust me, after everything we went through."

Unbeknownst to Vaneera... The fact that Darkners would be given a chance to speak their case was because of Monsters.

Apparently Humans didn't see much difference between the two -- which would normally not be a concern, but the AMD... Well, Vaneera would be getting acquainted with them soon enough.

"I guess we have a day to rest up, at least!", she said with a smile to Motet.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Lamia
    Lamia
    Chaotic Horny
    Chaotic Horny
    Five Years

Post by Lamia Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:06 pm

Though they traveled separately at times Motet didn’t mind following Vaneera’s lead. In fact, one could even say she liked doing so even more than Vaneera’s actual main party members. She still remembered the time Vani taught her how to act! Good times….

”Of course Vani let’s go!”

As she stopped in front of a mirror Motet arched her head in confusion. Vaneera didn’t usually make a habit of checking herself over in the mirror, even if she absolutely deserved to do so. What was unknown to her however when Vaneera would see Motet’s stats as well

[ Motet LV:10 Health:499 EQUIP:(None)/Silver Watch]

[She is filled with BRAVERY N̴̦̖̮̝̽̈́̅Ã̷̳̏D̴̡̺́ ̷̝͇͙̗̽̀̕R̵̛͚̠͓̘F̴̗̩̔̉͝À̸̞͖̫͠Ễ̵͍͓̳͠!]

Motet had considered grabbing Vaneera’s arm, maybe she was just hesitant to see the new world before them, at least until she asked her question. Though that question only confused her even more. Out of place? Well of course they were, they were in a whole new world now, and the Darkners could live outside of closets and computer labs now. Other than that, though… not really? Everything seemed normal to her otherwise, what was Vaneera getting at? Was there something she wasn’t seeing?

”Well… were in a new world right? Of course there’s different things, but we’ll handle it together again! Just like always Van Van!”

Unintendedly, that would probably answer Vaneera’s question. To Motet all the experiences she had with ‘Kris’ were with ‘Vaneera’ that was how it had always been.

Why if one asked… she wouldn’t even know what a ‘Kris’ was. As a familiar face (rather rudely) opened the door Motet quickly went into battle mode, Bravery magic forming in her hands into…. A gun? Yup, that was a gun all right. Least she didn’t go with a bazooka this time? Thankfully Motet would likely be talked down rather quickly by Vaneera, which she would follow, begrudgingly.

The two weren’t big fans of each other, something about how Motet kept switching the water in his hamster pin with lemon juice. She also used FIGHT, a lot.

There were several bruises between the both of them. Well, at least she wasn’t shooting the king now (even if she didn’t put away her gun)

[Motet equipped BRAVERY Gun! (Temporary)]

She did listen, even half heartedly to the big guys speech. He WAS right about one thing, and that was that Vaneera was the perfect person to between the different peoples. She had been doing it all this time after all! Now she just had to do so for the people of an entirely different world they knew nothing about!

No problem for Vani!

”That’s no problem for Vani spade head, leave it to her!”

Oh yes, they got along SWIMINGLY….

Motet sighed, shaking her head.

”How did he even know where the house was? Is he stalking you? Better not be, I’M the only one allowed to stalk Vani”

She meant that in an entirely nice way, really. She smiled bright at Vaneera’s declration that they had the day to themselves to rest. And, as soon as she did Motet grabbed hold of her arm…. And raced outside with her.

Outside were Darkners, Monsters, and Humans.

Floating eyeballs with hands.

Men made entirely of fire.

A local guy named Jim.

Yes this… was the world of Runetale.

”Let’s go Vani! I want to see it all!”

/////////////////////////

Noelle was in…. an awkward situation, this girl just wouldn’t leave her alone. Why wouldn’t she leave her alone? First there had been the spider girl trying to sell her all kinds of ciders and webby donuts, and now this girl doing… well, she really wasn’t sure. She kept trying to get her to relax in her spa.

She wasn’t even stressed! (Much)

OK but who wouldn’t be stressed after being tossed into a new place like this? She hadn’t even found her family again yet, were they even here? She really didn’t wan to stay with the strange cat girl and her dog friend anymore.

They made to much noise at night, the dog somehow had a DRIVERS LICENSE appranlty!

The only thing worse than this was casting spells you didn’t know, she sweared.

”Come on hun, I’m telling you, it will relax those chilled bones of yours, gurinteed”

Runetale Ranamon_7

”Please… please stop making conveniently timed ice puns, you don’t even know me!”

The monster, spun around, striking a pose on her hip with a massive grin.

”Why, what does that have to do with anything hun? Anyone can tell just by looking you in the eye, your as cold as can be~”

”I… err I.. Ughh!”

To say the look Noelle had as she stomped off was ‘annoyed’ would be a massive understatement.
    That was ok though, Aquaria always got her girl! And so Noelle went from annoyed  ‘WHY THE HELL IS THIS CRAZY WOMAN CHASING ME THROUGH TOWN’ in a heartbeat, she was this intent on spa sells?! Try as she might to freeze the girl in place the frantic chase kept making her miss until… she disappeared.

Aquaria herself looked at the ooze of dark energy before her, thought it over for a second and then began walking off.

”Perhaps I should have sold her the deluxe set…”

……………..

……………………

Where was she? This place… so strange. This… this wasn’t the town anymore, was it? It was so disorienting… so wrong. It was almost like…

She was having another dream

And in this dream she saw a sight before her. She saw her friend, her close friend..
    She saw Abla, struggling then ummm… fighting. And then uh… wiggling? W…what? Ok but surely this didn’t confirm that he ate moss right? Who would…

OH NO, she had been so distracted Alba and the weird cat thing had already run ahead! What was with this town and weird cat role models? Running forward in an attempt to catch up Noelle was soon cut off by the same type of creatures that attacked Alba earlier. However unlike Alba earlier Noelle’s reaction was…. Very different.

[Noelle LV:6 Health:192 EQUIP:Thorn Ring/None]

[She is filled with CRUELITY]

The sound of ice would be able to be heard from off in the distance, a gloomy, cold wind beginning to cover the area.

And then the shatter as said ice hit the ground and broke apart, the last thing heard by the ears the sound of the evaporation.

Noelle had destroyed them, because that was what she had to do. She had to defeat what got in her way, so that she could get back to her friend. So she could grow and get stronger.
    She had to get to him.. so she could protect him, from this vile place.

She

Would

Freeze

EVERYTHING in her path… to reach that goal.

Runetale Cruelity
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Runetale Bettyyy

Her walk was interrupted. Well….

‘interupted’ would imply she hadn’t wanted it to happen, but still. The hero leapt in the path of the destructive car, holding it back from colliding with the young pinkette girl.
    Why, she did so so effectively it vanished!

Ok, even she almost laughed at that one. But no, she needed to stay on track. And that was just what she did.

”Wow, that was amazing!”

The girl leap for joy around her savior, a wide, welcoming smile on her face.

”Thank you so much for saving me… I guess I just wasn’t looking where I was going sorry for the trouble…”

She looked towards the ground, knocking her feet in shame as she pouted, before looking back up.

”Oh but you…your Frisk right? You’re the one that came with all the monsters… I’ve been seeing you all over the news, you’re a big shot right?”

Her hands soon hung behind her back, a curious look over her face as she looked other girl over, bit by bit.

Piece by piece

Then she giggled.

”My names Betty! Oh, are you going somewhere Miss Big Shot?”
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:21 pm

The creatures that approached Noelle did so with harmful intent as their blank faces suddenly contorted into grotesque sadistic smiles, inhuman laughter emanating from each of them. It was clear that they had only the worst of intentions in mind. As if it were animalistic, they desired to attack those not twisted by the deep alien labyrinth. But long before they could attack, a chilling wind filled the area, the mere sound of it quickly filling the surreal citizens with hesitance...They reacted with HATE when they realized what was before them...And with frowns of rage each one was frozen solid, adding extra EXP to Noelle's pool of strength as they each crashed to the ground, fading away as if they had never existed to begin with...

Meanwhile Alba continued running ahead, trying to make sense of this strange new world he found himself in. He considered it odd that he wasn't running into any more of those twisted inhabitants of this place, but brushed it off as a sign of good fortune. After all, the fewer the obstacles, the sooner he could find whoever Neco-arc had been pointing him towards, and the sooner he found them, the sooner they could start trying to find their way out of here...But as they ran the sounds of a cold wind blew through the area, a distant echo of crashing ice resounding through the endless streets as the entire labyrinth became bathed in an uncomfortable coldness.

"Brr...This place suddenly got a lot colder...What's up with this chill wind? It's not even close to winter! When are these guys gonna get with the picture?!"

Alba gripped his jacket, pulling it closed as he tried to fight off that terrible chill freezing him down to the bone. Neco-Arc could only give a confused shrug, after all, she was the battle tutorial party member, not the lore tutorial party member. The duo chose to try and ignore the sudden shift in atmosphere however. They had a goal on hand...

And finally after a tense silent run through this labyrinth Alba finally came across a square-shaped clearing with a park in the center, cutting through the endless field of apartment blocks, it looked no less alien than everything else as this park was devoid of most natural elements one would find in a park. Instead where trees would stand were strange neon holograms that resembled out of focus images of trees from a variety of types. He stopped, catching his breath as Neco-arc casually walked up to his side.

"Looks like we've got company! Look over there Albnya!"

What was far more interesting than the park itself was what resided in it. A group of heavily armed humans in police-style riot gear slowly approached the center of the park weapons drawn as they did so. Their equipment was marked with an "AMD" logo. Though it was impossible to tell just how many there were given the size of the park and the view that was partially obstructed by the holograms, it was clear they were closing in on something...Rather than displaying concern, Alba simply grinned, a spark of excitement in his eyes.

"Aww yeah, this could be fun! Let's check it out!"

The pair approached quietly, hiding behind the holograms where ever they could so as not to alert the human group who was advancing slowly...With careful movements, they were able to evade notice and get close enough to the center of the park in order to witness the exchange that was currently happening. The duo peaked out from behind the holographic tree to watch with curiosity.

What they saw was completely different from the citizens of this world they had initially expected to see...Instead the soldiers were approaching a massive lizard creature whose body was changing colors every time it moved, seemingly to match the environment it was cornered in.

Runetale Lizard

"Anti-human 05 sighted. Moving to apprehend."

Through their helmets the soldiers voiced were filtered through audio devices, clearly transmitting their words to each other, and perhaps...To an outside source as well. Each soldier continued their advance, slowly...Carefully, until they had created a circular perimeter around the beast, never once lowering their weapons that were closely trained on the so called "Anti-human 05". One of the men stepped forward ever so slightly, speaking up not to his allies, but directly to this creature.

"You're under arrest for unauthorized use of magic in a public location! Submit yourself for prosecution immediately!"

The leader waits momentarily in silence, waiting for a response from the cornered beast...But receives nothing but a cold glare for his trouble from the much larger being. He sighs, backing up slightly so he's in line with the rest of the soldiers, and looks to those adjacent from him, giving a slow nod before speaking up.

"...Target is non-cooperative."

"Ready men...On my mark...Fire!"

With the signal given every single one of them began to fire on the gargantuan beast. At first blood had been drawn with their shots, but as they did so the creature curled up tightly, their bullets seemingly striking without effect after it had done so...They continued until every single bullet had been unloaded, not a single soldier among them able to continue firing. The creature that had been holding back due to being under attack suddenly uncurled.

Without warning the beast gave a soul-rending roar, lashing out and diving at the nearest soldier, knocking him away as if he were made of cardboard. The rest began to scramble as it pounced on another soldier, knocking him to the ground in front of it.

"Contact!!"

"Retreat!"

"Requesting Backup!"

The beast loomed over the fallen soldier, ready to kill him with it's sharp fangs as its gaping maw opened wide...Alba stood up from his hiding spot, sighing as he brushed himself off.

"Alright, I think I've seen enough."

The amnesiac leapt into action, throwing his axe at the beast as he jumped between the great creature and the fallen soldier, moving to protect him! The axe struck the beast on the forehead, causing it to roar in pain as the blunt weapon dropped to the ground in front of it, allowing Alba to pick it back up before he took on a heroic pose, a grin crossing his face.

"Hey ya overgrown leather bag! Didn't your mother ever teach you not to put strange things in your mouth?!"

The monster stared down at him, glaring before giving an enraged roar. The fallen soldier that had been protected slowly backed away, grunting in pain as one of his arms had been broken in the attack. Two unharmed soldiers approached slowly...Prompting Alba to turn and face them for a second.

"No offense but I think you should leave this one to me! Take him and get out of here so I can handle this without having to put all my focus into protecting you!"

The pair stared in silence, seemingly unsure what to make of this situation after all this was just some weird kid with a broken axe! He didn't have the authority, and certainly didn't look like he had the experience to be telling them what to do...But after giving the enraged beast a glance, they quickly nodded, the sight of a threat they can't handle being all they needed to change their minds about that. They wasted no time afterwards helping the fallen soldier to his feet and carrying him away from the immediate area. With that problem resolved, Neco-arc stepped out of hiding, shaking her head.

"We're really facing a boss this soon?! I hope you know what you're doing!"

Alba gave a confident nod, staring back at the beast as he entered a fighting stance!

"Of course I know what I'm doing! ... Probably! Look, just make as much noise as possible so our third party member can find us! That will solve EVERYTHING!"

"Albnya if I die...You're fired!!!"

Frisk lowered their guard with the crisis averted. As much as this weird excited girl insisted on how amazing it was, to Frisk it wasn't really much of anything, and so they rubbed the back of their head bashfully.

"Well...It wasn't really anything special. I just used my magic!"

The normally stoic expression Frisk held gave way to a small smile as she received thanks from the pink one. Giving her a nod.

"Like I said, it wasn't anything special. But you're welcome! It really wasn't any trouble. I was just out for a walk heading somewhere important...Well, you probably don't want to hear about that."

Frisk's eyes...Well, they stayed shut actually. But their eyebrows raised in surprise! So this girl recognized her from the news...Well, it made sense, but it wasn't really anything worthy of being praised for. They quickly became bashful as the words "Big shot" were used to describe them.

"A...A Big shot? Well no I wouldn't say that. I'm just a friend to the monsters!"

Betty...So her name was Betty then. Frisk didn't introduce themselves in this case seeing as Betty clearly already knew all about them. But there it was again..."Big shot". Frisk shook her head, sighing.

"I'm not a big shot. You can just call me Frisk if you'd like. Well...I was actually heading to the AMD to talk to their director! It's my job as the ambassador to smooth things over for the peace talks!"

Frisk taps their chin with an idle finger, their eyes pointing skywards as they thought things over...Before speaking up once more.

"Then after that I guess I'm going to check up on all my friends, and make sure they're adjusting to life on the surface. I know it's been months now but I like to keep in check."

Betty was certainly odd...But her enthusiasm was contagious too. That much Frisk couldn't deny.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Runetale TowersignatureBorderSmaller
    More Things:
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:21 pm

~~Before the King left~~

Right... She could see what was going on with Motet right now. LV of 10... She was undeniably stronger for it, but for some reason, Vaneera got the impression that power like that came at a cost. She could also still see at least one part of Motet's SOUL Trait; Bravery. The other was still a jumbled mess, same as all the other times she tried to view it...

Still, she was able to piece together some key details about Motet's abilities. Namely, it seemed that she held some kind of power over others, affecting their bravery and willingness to fight. Vaneera wasn't sure of the full scope, or what it would actually be called, but in either case... She closed the MENU in order to ask her question of Motet, and listen to the answer.

Vaneera would then give a response afterwards.
    "Hmm... So the name Kris doesn't ring any bells?", she queried.

Motet went on alert at the sight of that familiar face, but seeing that the King didn't seem to have any interest in fighting, she gestured for Motet to calm down.
    "Let's hear him out."

Motet didn't have a lot to say for most of the conversation that took place, but she did still have a comment to make nonetheless, one that didn't seem to amuse him much... Yeah, the dislike between them was mutual.

"I see that your manners have not improved whatsoever.", the King responded.

Then Motet's question of how he found this house came up. To that, he grinned.
    "Vaneera may have proven herself, but you Lightners are very predictable. That is why I knew where to find you and when you would wake."

~~The Present~~

He left it at that and left shortly thereafter... Tasque Manager briefly comes out of the kitchen to comment.

"He learned that you were found because the Darkners that have reunited thus far have kept up communications with each other. He originally came here to challenge Vaneera again, but he seemed remorseful when seeing the condition that you two were in."
    With that, she returns to the kitchen...

But now, all the distractions were out of the way! Motet hurriedly grabs Vaneera's arm and rushes outside with her, eager to see what this world had to offer!
    "Whoa! Haha, calm down, Motet!"

Still... Vaneera had to admit that she was pretty curious of the state of things too. Now that they were actually exploring the city though, Vaneera was trying to take in as much relevant information as possible. Relations between Humans and Monsters seemed to be alright... But she noted that at several areas there were cameras with 'AMD' plastered on the sides...

She arches a brow at the sighting of the first such camera. They didn't seem to be for traffic, but for monitoring the city in general.

"I wonder what 'AMD' stands for...?", Vaneera muses aloud. If Motet expressed her curiosity on where that came from, she'd point out one of the cameras to her.

Still, setting THAT aside, she also saw a few familiar faces mixed into all this. Darkners just like Tasque Manager and the King -- all able to hold their forms here. They'd give some form of greeting to both Vaneera and Motet in passing. All the while, she had time to think over her position as Ambassador...

It was a lot of responsibility. She was fairly confident in her abilities, but knowing a little more about the state of things would certainly help.
    "I think we should check out the HSO, see if we can get more information there."

Vaneera commented, and those brief greetings turned into quick conversations about finding the HSO. Soon enough, they would find nearing the central building, and the abbreviation would make a fair bit more sense; Human Safety Organization.

Vaneera leads, hoping to find someone that can shed more answers on all of this... On the way to the largest building, the pair would pass a few groups discussing amongst themselves. There wasn't a whole lot that could be picked up, but one term did keep popping up from the little bits that Vaneera could hear...

"Anti-Human 05."

Whatever that was, it sounded ominous. Either way, she would press on to the main building and enter the lobby. Soon after she approaches the desk. The woman seated at the desk looks up from her computer at Vaneera.

"Welcome to the Human Safety Organization. Do you have an appointment?", she begins the usual greeting.

Vaneera gives a small nod.
    "Yes, for tomorrow. I'm to act as an Ambassador for the Darkners."

The woman blinks, turns her attention to the computer, and taps away at the keyboard. An uncomfortable silence later, and she turns her attention back to Vaneera. "You're Vaneera?"

Once more, the red-haired girl nods. The clerk adjusts her posture a bit. "Well, you're a whole day early. Is there some sort of issue?"

Vaneera shakes her head. "No, nothing like that, I was just hoping to speak to someone that could fill me in on all the details. I'd like to have as many perspectives on this as possible, you see."

This prompts the clerk to think it over for a moment. "Hmm... Well. I can give you a brief summary; practically no one has heard of Darkners before. Not even the Monsters have, but Asgore seems to be taking their plight seriously. It's because he vouched for them that the whole idea of another Ambassador representing another group is even being entertained at all."

The woman pauses for a moment, as if trying to gauge Vaneera's reaction. But soon continues. "In any case, the people you should probably meet with are Asgore himself, and the AMD Director -- Jessica Grey."

Vaneera decides to chime in now. "AMD? Can you tell me what that is?"

The clerk seems a little surprised by this, but nonetheless opts to answer. "The Anti-Monster Department."

She prepares a nearby pen and writes down on a notepad, before tearing the slip of paper and handing it to Vaneera. "Here. This is where you can find both of them. Unfortunately no one here is ready to see you right now."

Vaneera gives a calm nod at that and looks over the paper. Current residence for Asgore, and on the other end of the spectrum... Location of the AMD Headquarters.

Vaneera turns away from the desk and puts her focus on Motet.
    "Guess we should check in with these two next. I have to admit, I'm curious about this 'AMD' group..."

Although from the name alone, Vaneera didn't have a good impression of them. She was willing to bet that any opposition was going to be made by them.

"Think we should head over there first?", Vaneera then queries.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Lamia
    Lamia
    Chaotic Horny
    Chaotic Horny
    Five Years

Post by Lamia Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:49 pm

[ Morgan Lightvale LV:12 Health:523 EQUIP:Copper Sword/Lightvale Family Necklace]

Runetale Morgan

[She is filled with PATIENCE]

Project PHOENIX

An operation, her operation to restore magic, life to those who have lost the power of their trait
    The traitless as it were.

To give them a new chance with their life.

It was to find some redemption for what she herself had caused... and though she would of course spread it to others to help them...

More than anything it was for her, her own daughter….. it was after all her fault she lost her trait to begin with. All because of her experiments, her pushing, her selfishness.

She couldn’t blame Vaneera for that, or the others she traveled with. It was all on her.

It was an offshoot of the R̵̛͚̠͓̘F̴̗̩̔̉͝À̸̞͖̫͠Ễ̵͍͓̳͠ Project, turned to a better purpose… a purpose centered on more than just her wants.

Nova…

She would be the first person to benefit form it, she would make sure of it. Her daughter currently sat in a tube, being fed various energies from what she had gathered. It was… confusing to say the least. In theory everything here should work, it should go together… and should form a replacement. But… there was something missing. Something vital that she couldn’t place.
    Something she couldn’t figure out, even after coming to this new world. She felt the usual crack from within as she poured more energy, glitchy pixels dancing to and fro across her body.

It only became worse when a darkness came over the area her lab was in. A darkness representative of the Dark Worlds of the place they once called home. And with it… came monsters. But these were different than Darkners.

These creatures were *hungry* and what they wanted was clear as they tried to move towards her prone daughter. They were hungry for SOULS, even traitless, repressed ones.
    That was what led to the fight….

For hours now she had been fighting them off as they came, seemingly endless, all wanting the same thing. Even one with a soul like her was beginning to wear out. Her magical power was running low….

Then one managed to get buy her, as the others pressed her down against the wall. They pressured against her protective shell… desperate to breach it… until they pushed it right out the wall, falling to its doom...

”No!! please no!”

Her energy surged in desperation as she blew the monsters back against there endless hord and ran towards the hole in the hole In the wall.

Then the next thing she knew, she saw water everywhere….

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She was falling…? Wait… no… she was… aware?

She could… feel…

She could… hear…

She could… See….

A memory came to her, of her mother’s promise to put her back together as she fell apart.
    But… she was here.

…….

Falling….

Was this it…?

She felt her life flash before her eyes, a hard life… but in the end a life worth getting to.
    A life worth…. Fighting for…?

She heard her mother’s desperate plea.

Her pod shattered against a water tower, and she fell right in.

The pressure of the water crashed against her body, pulled her down, and yet all she could think of was her mother above. The guilt she must be feeling right now, for everything… for all of it, but especially for what was happening now.

……

She had been trying so hard to free her.

…..

But there was something holding her back.

Her mother couldn’t figure it out….

But…

She could, it was obvious.

What could a soul do without purpose?

……

What purpose did she have..?

She heard her Mother’s desperate pleas in her mind once more.

She remembered her sister, and how she bravely fought for the one she cared for.

……….

Purpose….

No… no she had one.

She wanted… to be free

She still wanted… to live her life…..

As these thoughts flowed through Nova’s head her soul began to shift in tinge from it’s grey to a tinge of blue. This blue however was unlike INTEGRITY or PATIENCE though it was a normal shade, it had waves within, washing back and forth, slowly filling her spirit. Slowly grey eyes did the same.

That’s right.

She had a life… one she could live now.

She wanted… she needed to know what that was like.

NEW DATA DETECTED………..

But most of al she wanted to live her life with her sister… her mother... everyone!

LOADING… ‘SOUL TRAIT’

Water burst into the sky, visible even from a distance in this dark world. Morgan became stunned as she saw something she never thought she would returning with that water.

Her daughter… and going by her eyes… she had somehow been restored when she fell.

Runetale Nova

The girl nodded to her, Nova then made a statement that showcased her growth in those few moments.

”It’s my turn mom”

ARTIFICIAL SOUL TRAIT IDENTIFIED

SOUL OF WATER

SHE IS FILLED…. WITH FREEDOM

The twisted people saw the target they were after before and started charging right back at her, clawed hands at the ready as the tried to attack her all together.

”Nova, Run now! I can hold them…”

”It’s ok mom…”

A flick of her wrists and water began rushing in from all ends, as if the girl herself had made it.
    Because she had,it was her power now… A soul with the freedom of water.

”I’ve got this!”

The water crashed down against them all, in fact it filled everyone, including Nova, only excluding her mother from the rushing waves. Nova herself stood harmlessly within the water as her opponents struggled to fight back, they tried to claw and grab at her, but this was her domain… and she moved effortlessly in here. Kicking back the ones that came at her, she commanded the water with her hands, fighting them at all fronts within her oceanic field. Whirlpools formed and slung them right off the sides of there buildings, crashing tidal waves crushed others.

And then her water dispersed, and she took a breath and focused as the last one came charging right at her, larger than the others by far.

”From now on I live my life….”

The water built up again, the water picking up around the monstrous person, gradually slowing him down and pushing him back… the creature roared in defiance as Nova simply gave a bright smile.

”To the fullest! With everyone I love! And that does not... include…. YOU!”

Putting all her energy forth, it became as if a crushing stream of the ocean itself pelted against the creature, he tried to fight back… tried to claw his way back, but there was no fighting this tide.

~Stunt Dark was washed away~

Exhausted Nova fell to her knees gasping for her breathe. the wings and extra features fading with her energy depleted.

Then she turned to her mother… and smiled brightly

Morgan hesitated for a moment, shocked as she was.

And then… she smiled back.

And mother and daughter shared a moment they hadn’t in a very long time.

//////////////////////////

Her steps echoed as she walked through the Labyrinth, her coldness spread to the world around her, a reflection of her actions… but not noticed by her. The creatures of this place had begun to sulk back from her, afraid to actually fight her.

It did not save them, she attacked, they fought back… but they were frozen like the rest all the same. Eventually she came upon a park, her coldness followed her wherever she walked. Looking forward she saw things…. Differently than Alba and his ally had.

She saw… Enemies. Everywhere in front of her. Some were fighting each other, a few were hiding and watching. What they said didn’t even reach her ears as she continued walking forward, focused only on moving forward. It was like white noise in her ear.

The solders for their part were wary of Noelle, both due to her being a monster… and the way she looked at each of them, as if they were annoyances she needed to moved.

“Mam, leave this area immiedlty, it is not safe, please go to one of our secure areas and…”

The only response came as Noelle raised a hand, channeling energy through it as she looked them down.

“Another… enemy”

Before she could however the larger enemy struck down, attacking what it had been fighting, and scattering the rest. She looked at them for a brief moment, before turning back to the creature that had been responsible.

‘Enemy, boss’

‘She had to move it to get to Alba… she had to…’

And then she heard it, his voice, shaking her head her vision seemed to clear up. Not an enemy…. Alba was here to?? He…. He was charging the monster!

”Alba!”

The third party member did in fact come, Noelle joined the party!

”Alba what are you doing, this things huge!”

She thought it over for a second. Alba was tough, but she didn’t want him to get…. Hurt. She had been trying to find him all this time after all. If he fell now… that would all be for nothing, she would be alone here! She was tired of being alone! She was forced to move as it made a swipe for her, only barley avoiding it’s tail.

…..

They needed to… end it in one blow.

”Alba, I can beat this thing… but not while it’s flailing like this. Alba can you… distract it? Make it go after you! I only need a minute to focus my magic. …….. make sure you dodge!”

If Alba agreed he would notice Noelle’s eyes begin to glow as she focused her energy, it getting more and more apparent the more she focused. Along with this the area would, if possible begin to get even colder as she did so.

Freeze….

Freeze….

Freeze!

She wasn’t going to let this creature take Alba from her.

She held malice for it at the simple thought it would try.

Just a little longer… Just a little longer.

She WOULD finish this!

Runetale Freeze2

/////////////////////

”Your magic…? Hehe.. you really don’t give yourself enough credit, I’ve never seen a color like yours before Frisk! It must be.. really unique right…? I… could I tell you a secret?”

The young girl held out her hands, her own soul appearing in between them, A bright pink soul, glistening in the sunlight.

”I’ve… never seen someone with a soul like mine ether…”

She smiled, cradling it in her hands before returning it to her chest, Rocking her body two and fro playfully as she did. He insisted that it was no big deal but that was just so silly right? Normal people can’t just stop a car like that! It was impressive.

Yes, and needed.

What Frisk didn’t know, was that the car itself wasn’t real, in fact it was an illusion, but from where? One could hardly say when it felt so real. The only error was that it would appeared to those that perceived it, meaning recording devices would only show Frisk slashing at thin air!
    Ether way Frisk had shown just how brave they were, Betty was impressed, But she expected no less.

DETERMINATION was a hell of a drug after all.

She put on a frown, putting her hands behind her back as she shook her head.

”The monsters….? Your not scared of them? I…. I haven’t approached any of them yet… there so frightening… W…who let them out anyway?”

The girl rubbed her arm, giving off the impression she truly was frighted here.

”Right the peace talks… I hope they go well, Theres been a lot of work put into this on all sides right…? It would be terrible if something happened”

Betty gave a sniffle, rubbing some stray tears form her eyes. She put her own hand to her chin in thought as she seemed to come up with an idea, becoming excited once more.

Runetale Bettybet

”Hey Frisk? Could I come with you maybe? I… if your friends are anything like you.. they must be amazing to! Plus… I’ve never been to the AMD ether… I was always curious”

Hands crossed behind her back the girl gave a bright, cheerful smile, one only reflected more by the pink of her eyes. She wanted to meet them and learn about them, she wanted to know ALL about them.

*Any friend of Frisks…. Were bound to be a good person, right?

//////////////////////////////////

Vaneera was asking really weird questions today. Who was Kris? What was a Kris? Was it one of the random people back in Hometown, or was she just being cryptic again? Both maybe?
    Rubbing the back of her head the girl gave the best answer she knew.

”Errr… No..? Sorry Vani is this someone from back home? You know you kept track of everyone better than I did, I’ve been trying not do better… sorry?

As the king left Motet gave a mocking gesture as her answer to his point on his maturity, along with an ‘I’m watching you’ gesture. Tasque Manager seemed to think he had some concern for them but…. He probably did just want Vaneera back in top shape so he could fight her, not that he’d stand a chance anyway of course. As they began walking together Vaneera mused on what AMD could possibly stand for. She could see why, it was plastered on several things around town, from uniforms to cameras. Putting a thoughtful hand to her chin Motet thought on it for a moment, before giving her own opinion.

”Awesome… Magical… Deers maybe? Final answer!”

She pumped her fist in the air, confident of her answer. As they passed several familiar faces Motet returned the greetings she got, even noticeably high fiving Hacker and C.Round as they went along. She nodded in agreement once they were pass them, it made the most sense to get all the information they could about there knew word, especially strange sounding acronyms. When they approached it oe such acronym was solved!

”So… Human Safety Organization huh…? That’s one puzzle solved!”
    As if this one thing set off a change reaction Vaneera and Motet would find there way into the building blocked for a time…. By an invisible force field! At the same time a pair of press in buttons would appear not even two inches in front of Motet and Vaneera, as a blinding light came down, announcing the arrival of….

Runetale Worm

”Gaahahaahahahah! BEHOLDETH, I, Rouxls Kaard STAND in your path once more! Forth my eternal foes I shall always beth an obstacle, NOW gazeth upon my most treacherous puzzle YET! Ahahahha! Geth wreckedth worms!”

*Rouxls Kaard Appeared! [LV:Annoying]

”Gaahahah! Yes, breaketh your minds against mine ultimate puz…

A familiar tune was heard as the pair stepped on the switches and… immiedlty dispersed the field around the door, causing Rouxls to become.. very silent as a result.

”GOD…. DAMMIT”

”You really should get a better profession, like, have you tried being a boat cap…”

”SILENCETH NAVE! THIS IS ONLY THE BEGIING JUST WAITETH, SOON YALL WILL GAZE UPON MINE MOST ULTIMATE PUZZLE YET!!”

”C…can’t you just use it now..?”

”ITS NOT DONETH YET KNAVES”

And then, with just as flashy of an exit he disappeared… allowing our brave heroes to move forward…

Vaneera went on to confirm her appointment and begin her own little investigation, Motet of course letting her lead the way as she followed close behind and listened. They needed to meet with Asgore…? That was Vani’s dad right? And then there was the Jessica Grey girl… the leader of the other group. This was a lot to take in but… she’d be right behind her friend all the way!
    And then another mystery was solved-AMD, Anti Monster Department. Well, that was on the nose, more on the nose than Chara aiming straight for your face! What did they have against monsters? Sure if they attacked them that was one thing… But she hadn’t heard anything about that on the way here….

…Oh well, she’d just beat them up if they tried anything!

This resulted in her nodding confidently at Vaneera when she asked her question, a determined look in her eyes.

”Definitely! They sound like they might be trouble… we should learn now if there gonna be so I can twack them!”

She gave a fisting motion into her hand… making her intent QUITE clear…

////////////////////////////////////////////

She couldn’t believe what he saw in front of him… She couldn’t find the words in her mouth. Why was this person here, before her? He shouldn’t be anywhere now, he shouldn’t exist, He should be in the….

Her face paled as realization came to her.

”Ah yes… I see it’s finally dawned on you. You are now where you sent us, all of your sins have finally caught up to you child”

Runetale Gaster

”At first I thought it truly was my fault, that I had simply let my experiment go to far. At least… that is what I thought until I found her here as well”

There it was again, he kept mentioning someone else being here but… she didn’t see anyone else around. No that wasn’t as important right now. She had to…

”I’m sor….”

”Don’t bother, it is long sense past the time for apologies, now it is only time for judgement, to ensure that there is no chance you can EVER darken any timeline again”

The man known as Gaster by Chara shook his head, hands firmly behind his back as he did so.

”In this state, we only need to defeat you once…. To erase you all together, that is what we shall do… and then I will find a way to return this girl the life you stole form her”

Finally, Chara had enough of the mind games, hands trembling she screamed out:

”Who the hell are you talking about?!”

”Forget about me so easily ‘Kris’?

From the darkness stepped another monster, this one a deer like girl, if one were to compare, they could say she looked like Noelle, and the other members of the holiday family… and there was a very good reason for that.

Runetale Dess_Edit

”Dess…”

”Oh, so you DO remember then. Good, would make this whole thing anti climatic if you didn’t, you know”

She wore her usual attire, and in her hand? Red energy formed into the shape of a wiffle bat. A bat oh so familiar to both of them.

Chara looked to the ground, arms slumping.

”Dess, I’m sorry…

Rather than respond to his apology the girl called Dess simply glared at Chara once more, continuing her own venting.

”You couldn’t stand for there to be two right…? Something that could get in your way…. Even though I wanted nothing to do with any of it!!! But… you didn’t care... you still used…. Our best friend, and you removed me from the timeline, just like you did Mr. Gaster!” all because you couldn’t stand the thought you could lose control!”

Dess’s anger flared, like a roaring aura.

”Because of you…. Noelle was more alone than ever, more hurt than ever…. And you, you had the NERVE to lie to her after that… to act like you didn’t know”

The bat pointed in Chara’s direction, and the girl gulped.

”I’m….”

But she was cut off again.

”Shut up,  because of you, my family had to suffer even more than we already did… because of you… I can’t comfort Noelle when she cries anymore, I can’t check on her, to ensure she’s not having nightmares… I can’t play games with Asreal and Beardy, or even get Kris when she goes to far with her pranks”

She sighed, shaking her head in disappointment, in anger.

”Please… I’m..”

”No child, I told you, it is far to let for you to try MERCY now”

The skeletal man stood tall, summoning several boney hands, glowing with different colored energies, aimed straight at the once murderer. He held a confident smile, one shared by the partner at his side.

*Gaster stands before you

*❄✋💣︎☜︎ ❄︎⚐︎ ☜︎☠👎❄︎☟︎✋💧

”Oh Chara, you remember my job in town right?”

This seemed to make Chara flinch, as she instinctually pulled out her knife and stepped back, he got into a defensive position wielding it in an attempt to block what he knew was coming.

”Oh so you DO remember! That’s wonderful. That’s right I’m….”

She pointed her bat towards her firmly once more, a confident smirk on her face as her eyes glowed red.

”Dess Holiday! The people of Hometown call me… the BULLY CRUSHER!”

*Dess Holiday stands before you

*She is filled with DETERMINATION

Last edited by Lamia on Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:37 pm

The air was growing colder, colder, yet colder. It was as if this world was being enveloped in a harsh winter where once it was a gentle summer. It was becoming harder to ignore, but Alba and Neco-Arc both did their best to keep their focus entirely on the beast before them! But before either one of them could take even a single step towards the beast, the tense silence was broken by a single voice calling out Alba's name. Alba glanced back without hesitation, surprised that someone else had shown up!

"Huh?!"

The beast swiped it's massive claws at Alba, almost hitting him before Neco-arc tackled him out of the way!

"WHOA- ... Thanks for the save!"

Alba got back, looking back to the strange girl addressing him while this time keeping tabs on the beast! Time seemed to slow down as a cold sweat enveloped him...That was the girl from his dream. The one who always showed up to save him from the shadows...And she knew his name. But he didn't know her. Even though he felt like he should have known her name, it was lost to him when he tried to recall it. Her question almost falls on deaf ears until he shakes off the stunned air surrounding him.

"H-Huh? Uh...I'm trying to save the day! It's going great, don't you think?"

It was in fact NOT going great. They hadn't attacked it even a single time, and it almost struck Alba once already. ... But his genuine grin seemed to betray that fact, likely much to Noelle's annoyance. Neco-arc but into the confusion, putting more tutorial knowledge to action!

"Albnya, it's her! She's the one giving off the main heroine energy! She's the third party member!"

Alba blinked for only a moment, steeling himself and giving a cheerful nod of acceptance.

"Alllright! I guess that makes us a full team then!"

Noelle chimed in with a plan...She could defeat it in just one hit, but she needed time to prepare, time that couldn't be occupied avoiding the attacks from this big creature. She had one simple request...To occupy its time, draw its rage. Some might have backed down from this, especially someone with so little fighting experience. But having these two by his side...

*Alba was filled with Perseverance!

He gave Noelle a wink and a thumbs up.

"Leave it to me!"

The kind of power she was hanging onto...The power that was building up. It was cold just like in the dreams he had... ... He shook his head, steeling himself once more as a strange power flowed through him as well.

"Hey dumbass! Over here!"

Alba flashed a rude gesture at the fountain beast!

... The beast became enraged and began to target him!

"Now's our chance, let's hit it with everything we've got!!!"

Alba charged forward, leaping up and unleashing a flurry of blunt bladed strikes against the beast's face! Each strike seemed to carry a strange faded purple aura with it, no longer were his strikes completely ineffective, now each hit caused it to recoil in pain, roaring as he dealt a finishing blow and used the momentum to bounce off!

"I'll cut you down to size! Neco-arc, lend me your strength!"

Alba dropped down into a handstand, bending his knees back...And without second guessing, Neco-arc hopped onto his feet, preparing to lunge at the beast! The amnesiac kicked his feet upwards, launching the cat monster lightning fast right towards the massive lizard! Neco-arc landed right on its forehead and began to claw at it relentlessly, hissing the whole time!

"HAAAAAAA...!"

Alba got back to his feet and ran at the beast, as he closed the gap he began to spin on his heels, his broken axe extended outwards as it struck the beast's face repeatedly and - With his momentum finally used up, he drew back his free hand...Striking it with a single jabbing punch! Neco-arc launched off of the beast's forehead and landed on Alba's shoulder, the pair posing as the creature stumbled, dazed by the flurry of attacks that had just occurred!

Unfortunately for the duo however, the beast soon got back up onto its feet, even more enraged than it had been before! It seems that though they were now dealing damage, it still wasn't enough!

"Now's the part where we dodge!"

"Way ahead of you!"

The beast rolled up into a ball...And then rolled at the two of them at high speed! They both narrowly avoided being crushed by the creature's impressive mass.

"Whoa! Looks like this thing's got a lot more tricks up its sleeves!"

However, avoiding the first pass wasn't enough! It curved and turned around, aiming right at them once more! As it rolled the ground beneath it became cratered from the sheer weight being imposed upon it - As though a tank were rolling through the area unopposed. Though the duo dodged again, it continued coming back for another pass!

"How are we gonna make it stop? We can't even hurt it when those heavy scales are blocking our attacks!"

"When the going gets tough sometimes we just have to use our heads!"

As the pair stays on the alert to dodge the barrage of rolling attacks, Alba...Takes on a confused expression, blinking as he stares at the much smaller companion silently before finally speaking up.

"You want me to...Hit it with my head? Hey, I've been called hardheaded before but I feel like that WON'T do anything!"

Neco-arc shakes her head, pointing to the endless rows of apartment complexes lining the outside of the park.

"I had something a lot tougher in mind!"

Alba follows the direction of the cat monster's pointing with his eyes, his vision landing on a particularly well-placed building straight ahead of them! It doesn't take long to connect the dots and realize exactly what his teammate means by this!

"... Clever. Veerrryyy clever. Let's do it!"

Luckily for them the beast had just finished another failed pass, turning right towards them once more. It was time to set up their finishing move! Alba and Neco rushed for the building in front of them, but the beast was closing the gap between them very quickly! By the time the pair made it out of the park and onto the street the beast had made it right behind them...But the pair looked back, their eyes glinting with mischievousness.

"NOW!"

They both dived out of the way in opposite directions! It was far too late for the beast to stop now...And it went barreling right into the wall of the apartment complex, causing the entire building to rumble as the structure cracked and crumbled! The clever duo quickly scrambled away as the helplessly stunned beast was caught in the path of a collapsing building. Both of them were left catching their breath as the dust filled the air in front of them...Alba finally turned back towards Noelle, giving her a thumbs up.

"We trapped it for you, you're in the clear to use your big attack on it!"

... Before the dust could finish settling, the beast lunged out from the foggy debris, its claw outstretched as it prepared to strike down Alba. He was entirely unaware of its presence due to having his back turned to it, he let down his guard, and if this blow met its mark, it would undoubtedly kill him then and there...Even if he could somehow learn that the beast wasn't down for the count like he thought, it was far too late to dodge...

So Betty hadn't seen this color of soul before? Well...That made sense considering what determination was. From what Frisk had been told before, there was only ever one determination holder alive at a given time. The details didn't really make much sense, but they just went along with it, Frisk wasn't exactly a scholar or a historian after all...

"Well...Yes, it's Determination. Apparently I'm the only one around with this kind of soul. One of a kind I suppose."

Frisk raised an eyebrow as Betty requested if she could reveal a secret...There was no reason to deny her of course, so Frisk simply responded with a silent nod, watching as the girl in pink took out her own soul...It was...Pink...?

"I haven't seen a pink soul before either. Interesting...Maybe the others would know more about it? We can ask them later if you would like."

Frisk smiled, watching the girl bounce around happily. The truth of that false car was completely lost on the vessel of determination. The thought did linger in the back of her mind but...It was best to simply not question it. Perhaps she had been mistaken, after all. What caused a look of confusion however was when Betty asked if Frisk was afraid of monsters or not.

A slow shake of the head was the biggest response Betty received.

"Why would I be afraid of them? They're not so bad once you get to know them. They're just...A little weird sometimes."

Frisk...Averted their gaze when the pink girl asked about the barrier. It was a long story, something they couldn't even begin to answer. Both because they weren't entirely sure themselves...And because they were afraid to draw attention on Asriel - The one who had truly broken the barrier. There was no telling what kind of outrage it might cause if people learned that a monster was the one to destroy their centuries long imprisonment - And so Frisk simply elected to omit that information with a short response.

"I'm...Not entirely sure. They told me I was the one who broke it, but I was unconscious at the time. Strange huh?"

Yes, to say the peace talks had effort being drawn in from several sides was an understatement. The AMD, HSO, and all human governments had been brought into this. But it wasn't just them. Asgore, a "King of darkners and their ambassador", and a strange monster calling herself mayor were all also deeply involved in these talks. Although Frisk couldn't remember ever meeting the other two involved monsters in the underground strangely enough...Frisk gave a thumbs up with their "neutral" facial expression unchanging as she did so.

"Asgore is a very responsible person. Nothing bad will happen with all of us involved. You can count on it."

Frisk waved farewell and turned to begin walking away...When Betty stopped her. Asking if she could come along...She wanted to meet Frisk's friends? Well...How could she say no to that? Frisk smiled, giving a nod.

"Of course. You can come along!"

Frisk turned once more, walking on her way to the AMD with Betty in tow! It was a perfectly uneventful day...Just perfect for making small talk with Betty.

"So...Are you from this city?"

"nah, i just moved here a few months ago. so where are we heading to?"

... The two were suddenly joined by a third wheel. A short, smiling skeleton. W...Where did he even come from? Frisk seemed entirely unphased by the weirdness of this situation. In fact Frisk just gave him a wave even though he had butted into their conversation.

"Hi Sans. We're going to the AMD to meet with Miss Gray."

"oh, neat. good timing cause i just got off work from the hotdog stand. i know a shortcut there, follow me."

Sans...Turned around and started walking in the complete opposite direction. ... After a moment of hesitation, Frisk shrugged looking at Betty, and then followed behind Sans. As soon as Betty followed along as well, a slide whistle sound would be heard as the trio found themselves right on the door step of the AMD headquarters. What a convenient shortcut!

"Well, here we are! Ready to head inside?"

Sans simply...Shook his head and started walking away very slowly.

"sorry kiddo, can't. it's time for my shift as a mayoral guard right about now. if i'm late for work the mayor will have a *bone* to pick with me. i'll seeya around."

And thus with a shifty side-eyed look on his face...He left with absolutely no explanation whatsoever.

"Sans sure is a hard worker..."

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:

Lamia likes this post

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:54 pm

Vaneera was given quite a bit to think about... Her position as Ambassador for Darkners, the state of everything in this new world, the HSO and the AMD... But also, the things that Motet was saying too. No one seemed to remember "Kris", but they still remembered HER. It was like everything to do with Kris was replaced with Vaneera.

The VESSEL that she had created so long ago didn't feel like it had any alien presences in it either. She pondered the implications of this, but didn't linger on it for long. It seemed like things were finally starting to look up -- even if there were some serious talks to deal with, and the unfortunate loss of their old home... She knew that Darkners could adapt, and the Monsters seemed to be just as kind as back in Hometown.

Of course, some of the things Motet said raised questions for entirely different reasons.

"... Awesome Magical Deers?", Vaneera asked in disbelief. Motet merely doubled down with 'final answer'.

That prompts the red-haired girl to shake her head in exasperation. Better not to dwell on THAT for too long. At least the rest of the city seemed pretty nice. Motet was greeting Darkners as they passed. Of course, such popularity meant that someone was bound to show up...

The signature red shape and smile was unmistakable.

"I'm Nubert. Everybody loves me."

In response, Vaneera had suddenly put on the Dealmaker glasses and made finger guns at Nubert whilst giving a large grin. "My man!"

All in all, things seemed pretty good here. She wasn't too sure why Humans and Monsters had a war in this world, but hopefully the whole meeting tomorrow could resolve that peacefully. For her part, she would need to do her very best. Finding her way to the HSO prompted another comment out of Motet.

Vaneera knew what was coming almost as soon as the words left Motet's mouth.
    "You shouldn't say it like that-"

Too late. Rouxls Kaard has appeared! He already prepared a puzzle to impede their progress, it seemed. She wasn't entirely sure why, but she knew the fastest way to deal with it was to solve the puzzle. Motet was of the same mindset. They cut him off in the middle of his speech.

Rouxls couldn't help but say his signature catchphrase afterwards. Words were exchanged between him and Motet with predictable results, and he leaves just as suddenly as he appeared.

"Well, at least some things never change.", Vaneera states with a smile.

Fortunately everything within the actual building went off without a hitch. At least up until the end, where Motet suggesting that she'd go on another one of her sprees to solve the whole AMD issue.

"Listen, I don't doubt that you could take them on in a fight like that... But let's keep the thwacking on a strictly necessary basis, okay?", Vaneera reasoned with Motet.

Once they stepped out of the building... They would be met with another familiar face.

Runetale Queen_Deltarune_2

"Vaneera! Motet! Get In The Car", Queen declared, giving off a sense of urgency.

Just like that, the pair would find themselves rushed to the car.

"Vaneera You're Driving", she adds

Vaneera is promptly moved to the driver's seat of the vehicle, Queen hops into the back while Motet takes "shotgun". Not an actual shotgun, thankfully. No one is ready for that. No, just the passenger seat next to the driver.

"Time For My Mix Tape
    Vaneera Start Driving
    "
    Zero explanations given, but familiar music starts playing all the same...

Queen leaned forward, caring little for traffic safety and laws. She did so in order to quite literally point out to Vaneera where they needed to go. Where were they going? Well, that only became clear after a quick drive across the city...

"Vaneera Get The Banana", Queen pointed out a banana in the middle of the road.

Why was it there? No one knew. Why did Vaneera drive over it, thus prompting it to be added to her inventory? No one can say. But it happened.

"Potassium", that is all you get as an explanation from Queen.

"Vaneera Stop Here", Queen gave another command, and the trio had just as swiftly gotten out of the car. They turned around and just as always, the car exploded unceremoniously.

"I Wonder Why That Keeps Happening", Queen adds.

Vaneera turns her attention to Queen.
    "Why'd you have us drive here?"

Queen simply smiles. "You Needed A Ride To The AMD"

Oh, yeah. They were in front of that building now, huh?
    ... In front of Frisk and Betty...

Who had no explanation for the now burning wreckage of what was once a speeding car...

Vaneera sighs a little, but tries to make the best of it.
    "Thanks, Queen..."

Queen simply laughs. "Oh Ho Ho Ho
    Anytime! Now Back To Home Where I Can Be Your Wacky Roommate
    "

She runs off just as suddenly, leaving Motet and Vaneera to deal with the confusion that was wrought in her wake...

Vaneera learned to go with it a long time ago, that's why she started to peel the banana she got on the way over here. She would then respond to the stare that she was no doubt getting from Motet.
    "What? I stopped fighting it a long time ago. Also Potassium."

... Yep. It was gonna be a long day for everyone.

Three were gathered in the void. Two wanted Retribution. One only wanted Mercy. In all this nothingness, it was so very loud. Why, if they weren't careful they could call out the attention of something that might not like all that noise.

Within those dark recesses was something... It kept a distance for now, merely observing. Letting it play out a bit. Maybe the three of them just needed to get it worked out of their system. But it wasn't here ONLY to observe.

But in the midst of all that chaos, would they even notice that something else was present?

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Lamia
    Lamia
    Chaotic Horny
    Chaotic Horny
    Five Years

Post by Lamia Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:26 pm

”Oh… ummm well yeah your doing amazing honestly hehe…”

She still wasn’t too good at talking to Alba, and after her initial worry her usual nervousness came back to the surface very fast. On top of that the situation seemed a lot more dangerous than he was making it out to be, why was he always like this? It should have been infuriating for his friends and yet… she couldn’t deny how cool it looked ether. If only he’d play with her like…
    Ahem, serious matter here Noelle.

Well, she tried to be, but the little cat girl confused her even more. Heroine energy…? W..what was that? She definitely wasn’t a heroine! Alba could be a hero of course but… she didn’t see how she could be thought of like that. All she did was keep moving forward, striking down what was in her way. That…. Wasn’t very heroic right? Still Alba seemed eager to accept it, elating a small smile from the deer girl as she shook her head. If nothing else she definitely wanted to be in Alba’s party.

”Oh ummm… yes, yes I am!”

Alba did just as requested, and began distracting the massive beast, Though she was worried about him, she also knew there was only way they were going to get out of this… with her power. She had to destroy this thing, to freeze it completely before it could actually hurt him. So she began focusing.

Freeze

Freeze

Freeze….

Her eyes began to glow, her arms held out in front of her as the area became even more chilled than before, one would be forgiven for mistaking it for winter. As she focused more she began to lose sight of things again, but this time able to distinguish Alba as not a target… but not perceive the heroic, brave actions he was performing that would have made her gush in nay other situation. In fact she was only able to hear when Alba gave the signal, her gold, glowing stare turning to the beast in that moment.

”Destroying…. Now… Move”

And then a blast of cold began to surround the creature, one bigger than any that had been felt so far, it focused around the monster, and was so strong one would have to move back lest they be frozen just by being in proximity of the attack, a blinding storm went around it, as the beast roared in protest, yet it slowly died down… down and down… until nothing, and all that was left was one massive diamond shaped piece of ice , with the nightmarish creature frozen at its center. Once she finished her body began to wobble, as the glow left her eye and slowly but surely… she began to fall to the ground, unless Alba caught her first of course.

”I did it… right this time…. Alba… I did it…”

And then the girl fainted, all her energy spent in one big burst.

However, that wasn’t the end of things, not really.

A bright, almost heavenly light came down a few feet behind them, it had a strange aura to it. It was foreign, but warm. But despite warmness that came from it it was clear, even from someone who didn’t understand things that it ‘didn’t belong’. It was welcoming, yet even base instinct said no to go near it. It was wrong, it didn’t belong, Yet it did, like a paradox. And then from that light, a girl came, with all those same feelings coming from her

”Oh my, my…. She is just as strong as expected, you though…. No, no, that was disappointing, you should be way stronger than this, especially ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■■■ ■■■”

The woman that spoke could only be described as an angel, white wings upon her back, halo on her head, she even had holy vestments! Well… on the parts of her body there was clothing on anyway. Some of what se said seem to blur out, unable to be heard by Alba’s words even as it was clear she had said SOMETHING.

She walked towards Alba and the cat girl, but focused only on Alba and the fallen deer girl next to her. It was as if she didn’t even perceive the cat girls existence, to her possible annoyance.

Runetale Rucyfinac_fc1-1

”Ah… I’m sorry, that must seem like an insult, it’s just… why? Why did you let her do that? Do you not even care what your dreams are showing you? I can’t think of any greater ‘MAYBE DON’T LET HER DO THAT’ alarm bells. She’s had quite enough shitty influences in her life…”

The girl tapped her chin, pacing back and forth as if thinking about something, then suddenly stopping mid step, a frantic look on her face as she turned to face Alba once more, shaking her body.

Runetale Rucyfinac_fc1-2

”I mean really you have ■■■■ so why didn’t you just use ■■■..? Your not going to be stubborn this time to are you? I’ve told you countless times before ■■■ ■■■■ ■■ ■■■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■ ■■■■ ■■■”

There it was again, several things that came out her mouth seemed blurred, they were there, but they couldn’t be understood, even as a form of language. A strange phenomenon, one that likely made no sense to the young man.

Her expression changed once more, this time to a light smile as she looked the man up and down and smiled, resting her hands on her hips as she shook her head.

Runetale Rucyfinac_fc1

”I guess it can’t be helped, besides who am I to argue with your choices, I’m your guide not your mother, how is she by the way? Hmmm… oh but BUT why I’m here…… you can’t let her keep doing that Alba, it won’t end well if you do, you know that, right? Even like this….. surely you can feel it”

The confident smile remained as she spoke, the confidence she seemed to have in Alba was… weird, he was just some random guy that worked in a bar right? It seemed however seh had one more comment to make.

"I could at least remove the solders existence for you, so they  ■■■■  ■■■■■■■■ like ■■■■  ■■■■■■ do"

What was even going on here....?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Motet was of course disappointed that her answer hadn’t been the right one, though she still personally believed it was the better sounding of the two, awesome magical deers were naturally, awesome. As for Nubart? Motet liked Nubart, he was cool. One time he showed her how to do some thing or another, it practically saved her from an ambiguous fate! When Vaneera gave her a high five Motet wasn’t far behind, giving one of her own, complete with finger guns alongside Vaneera.  After the situation with Roxl Motet was slightly disappointed to find that Vaneera woudn’t be letting her go on one of her attack sprees. Dark! She NEVER let her do it, it would solve everything so easily to! She could clear the way so easy….

Thankfully for her at least, someone more exciting would soon show her face, rushing them into a car. Now she was told about the last time this occurred and was heavily disappointed she missed it, so there as no way she was going to miss it this time! Of course Vaneera was the one driving as it rightfully should be, Vani still had to teach her how to drive, last time she accidently burned down Papyrus’ room, resulting in him having to stay in San’s shop for a few weeks (oddly enough those few weeks felt like several years for some reason) After that she was pretty much banned from taking the wheel till she got lessons.

In a rather comedic sense of timing Queen wasn’t the only one insisting Vaneera get the banana Motet leaned forward as well (Wait, had she never put on her seat-belt?) calling in tune with the Queen.

”Get it Vani! Get it GET IT!”

And so she did, and so all was right with the world.

One couldn’t account for why the car back in Cyber City exploded, as for the reason this one did?
    It was Motet, cars give bonus points, and lighters make surprisingly big explosions win thrown in the gas container.

Hey, Vaneera said nothing about inanimate objects!
    Oh yeah, Motet was giving a glare because Vaneera wasn’t sharing, yes she wanted half, she needed potassium to!

As for the group they had come across Vaneera gasped, going closer to Vaneera, she only muttered one thing to Vaneera.

”Vani… there eyes…”

It was rare Motet wasn’t playing around, here she had geninue concern in her tone and face.
    There eyes were like theres…

-----------------------------------------------

”Wow Frisk…. The only one… just like I’m the only one with this trait… that’s, you really are amazing!”

A bright smile crossed the girls face as she made that statement confidently. Yes, indeed Frisk was a very amazing girl, a rare, rare thing… both the hardest and easiest thing in the world to deal with. A glass cannon and a glass shield. They were so similar… but so different. It was a delicious bit of irony she couldn’t get enough of.

A part deep, deep down, recognized that power to, for completely different reasons.
    Useless, familial reasons.

Regardless, she could entertain his notions, she personally knew there was no such answers, yet still, it would help serve her purposes.

”That would be amazing Frisk! No one in town has been able to figure it out…. I’d love to see if your friends can”

Frisk wasn’t afraid of monsters…. That made sense she supposed. She lived with them after all, the disgusting things. It seemed she would have to deal with them, for now. That was fine, the more information she had the better. That was always the case, besides she wasn’t the one that would be acting right now anyway.

”Wow really? I’ve only heard bad things about them rom what Mis Jessica’s told everyone, but… I guess I haven’t really met her yet ether…”

She had, Jessica simply didn’t know. It was easy enough get around, even if it had been a little more difficult after her child disappeared. Still, she had all the information she needed form her anyway, when she needed to use her, she would be ripe for it, it was the other pieces that she now needed to prepare.

Ah yes Asgore…. That king, that irksome king. He would be a thorn in her side, he would need to be taken care of soon, or at least… made incapable of being a threat. Heh… perhaps with how soft he was he would take care of himself for her.
    That would be hilarious, really.

”If you say so Frisk… he looks scary to me, but… I’ll try”

A false, worried smile, so trained, so easy to make. It was easy enough to tap into ‘her’ for them, she had a habit of smiling, not that she did anymore. She jumped up and down giggling when allowed to come with her. Joyfully grabbing a hold of her hand and walking with her to their destination. It was… odd though. Frisk claimed that the monsters said he broke the barrier. But that didn’t make sense, he was only one soul, even determination wouldn’t have been able to break the barrier all on its own. Something was missing here… she would find out what. When asked from the village she gave a gentle smile when asked where she was from, she was about to give her normal answer when…. A skeleton interrupted her. Where had he come from? She had to hide her disgust, as well as well quell a giggle deep down inside her at it’s antics. She remained quiet for the most part, simply following alongside frisk as she talked to Sans who…. Apparently had a shortcut. He seemed capable of some time of shot range warp… something to keep in mind.
    Yes, she was taking the meme warp seriously, that voice deep inside would make fun of her if it could. After which he just… left, after a rally bad pun.

”I….are we sure he’s not just being lazy?”
    Even the current main antagonist wasn’t sure!

It was then Betty caught sight of a rather interesting duo…

One had red eyes like frisk, one had a pink eye similar to her.

Curious… one of those she recognized, it was her failed version, but the other… there was only supposed to be one? Hmmm this could get annoying, she’d have to work things to her favor.
    She hid behind Frisk’s back, looking over her shoulder, as if afraid of the strange new duo in front of them.

”F…frisk, who are they? Why do they h..have eyes like us?”
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:50 pm

His distraction plan was going great! ... Right up until the very end. He had let his guard down for too long, he had focused his attention all on that girl, thinking that he had somehow won. That the fight was over. His face went pale when he noticed the shadow looming above him, but it was too late to turn around, too late to move... And this bone chilling cold had only become worse. And that was when the snow princess called out.

"Destroying...Move."

The blast of cutting cold winds knocked Alba away, thankfully tossing him just clear of the freezing cold that threatened to consume everything around it. When he turned to look behind him he witnessed the beast frozen solid in a tomb of ice. It no longer moved, it was no longer a threat. That strange girl...She called out to him, drawing his attention back onto her once more. As she started to fall unconcious Alba dashed over, barely managing to catch her before she hit the ground!

"H...Hold on! How do you know my name? Who are you?"

But his questions fell on deaf ears. Whoever she was, she was out cold. Neco-arc remained uncharacteristocally silent as she stood behind Alba. For all her experiences she was at a complete loss for what was happening right now. Alba wasn't any more certain than she was. And for all their questions, they were about to recieve even more of them. A bright light appeared behind them from an unknown source...

The amnesiac boy froze for a moment...But steeled himself, lifting the deer girl carefully into his arms before turning around to face the source of that otherworldly light. Despite the warmth from this light alarm bells rang loudly in his head. The women who descended like a divine being clearly didn't belong, but Alba felt as though he couldn't possibly do anything right now.

She spoke to him with some odd familiarity, as if she knew the both of them. But some of her words didn't make sense to him. It wasn't like he didn't understand them. It was more like someone had scrubbed them.from his mind. Censored them before he could even comprehend them. As this strange woman approached, Alba backed away slowly. His grip on the doe tightened as he spoke up.

"I don't understand. I don't know who she is! I don't know who YOU are either! But...You seem to know both of us...I'm really lost here. She's from my dreams. But this doesn't feel like a dream at all. You've gotta start explaining! I don't have any power, not before today..."

Alba shook his head, deeply confused by all of this, but her words...They made an uncomfortable amount of sense. When he looked deep in his heart he could feel something wrong. There was definitely something bad about what this strange girl had done...But he didn't know what exactly.

Neco-arc looked up at Alba with an expression of concern. Unlike him, she wasn't aware of this angel's presence at all.

"Uh...Albnya? Are you okay? Who are you talking to?"

Despite her concern it only fell on deaf ears, Alba seemed to be locked in a deep focus as he paid attention to his own feelings, and the words coming from the angel.

"How do you know my mom? I know I have a mom but I... ... I can't remember. I can't.

Deep fear filled his features as he realized something he had never considered before. - His parents. It was only logical he had them, so why...Why did he never even think about them once until this strange being mentioned them? Why couldn't he remember? He shook his head adamently when the angel insisted she could remove the soldiers.

"No...I think that would be a bad idea. Just...Let them go okay?"

Before he could ask any further questions his attention was ripped away from the angel and towards something else...Something that this time even Neco-arc had noticed. The beast sealed inside its icy tomb began to emit a humming sound. Its features began to grow brightly...

Without warning the ice shattered violently in a flash of light! Where once there was a beast now only stood a pillar of...Darkness? Light? No it was something else entirely...Its very presence drained the light from this perverse imitation of a world as it became the only source of light in the area, almost as if...It was absorbing the photons around it.

Alba felt...Hesitant to even approach it. It was as if the weight of the entire world rested inside this pillar of energy reaching into the sky. His body shuddered...But once more he steeled his resolve, stepping slowly towards it with the deer girl still securely in his arms.

"It feels like...I've come across something a lot bigger than myself."

Alba glanced back to the other two...He took a deep breath and put on a smile. The AMD soldiers who had retreated to the edges of the park could only watch the pillar in awe, none of them able to comprehend what they were witnessing. One of them brought a hand up to his communicator, pressing the button to contact HQ.

"You...Aren't going to believe this command. Some kid just turned Anti-human 05 into some kind of...Spotlight..."

The operator back at hq was quick to respond.

"What?! Captain, explain! You're not making any sense! You mean a citizen was at ground zero?!"

The AMD captain sighed, responding back with few words.

"I'm looking right at it and even I can't make sense of it...It just feels...Really important."

Alba reached out towards the pillar with a free hand...Slowly, cautiously...And placed his palm firmly against it. It was warm...But it didn't hurt to touch. Suddenly the atmosphere shifted. Alba felt his soul resonating strongly with the fountain of darkness...And it responded back. The pillar of void began to grow brighter and brighter until it let off a blinding white light to everyone around, filling their vision...

*Noelle became more Merciful.
    *Alba became more Merciful.

*Alba's LVL decreased to 2!

When the blinding light finally faded everyone would find themselves standing not in an alien landscape...But a completely normal park in the city. It was a bright sunny day. The birds were playfully chirping. A pleasant breeze filled the air...And Alba let out a sigh of relief.

"(For some reason...It feels like I can breathe a little easier.)"

Frisk flinched when Betty mentioned Jessica Gray was the one spreading that kind of message...The human ambassador shook it off, simply covering her hidden annoyance with a smile. She was coming here for that reason after all.

"Well...That's actually exactly one of the reasons I'm coming to see her. I think she just...Got the wrong impression. Once I show her all the great things monsters are doing, she will change her mind. I'm certain of it."

Frisk continued to smile, shaking her head calmly at Betty's clear concern.

Listen...I'll introduce you two! You'll see he isn't so bad. He's...A big fluffy pushover really."

Betty seemed completely taken aback by the antics of the meme guy. Frisk could understand quite a bit. He was...Difficult to adjust to. But after do many resets Frisk herself had adjusted to him and didn't seem particularly phased by any of this. When Betty asked if he was just looking for an excuse to be lazy, the ambassador could only chuckle.

"Well...Yeah, he can be that way. You'll get used to it."

Frisk gave a nod, noting Betty's fear at the new arrivals...Two people. Both with eyes matching theirs. One of them even commented on it with some concern of her own. It...Went against everything Frisk understood about determination. What's more, there was someone else with this as of yet unknown "pink" element...But rather than feeling tense, Frisk responded with a smile.

"Hello there. My name is Frisk. What is yours?"

After all, they could have their answers if they simply asked. Despite their..."Unique" method of arrival, Frisk seemed entirely unphased by it. That much probably clued the other two in on what kind of person Frisk was.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:48 pm

... Oh, of course. The reason why Motet was mad was not because of that whole incident with the car and the banana, but the lack of sharing. That prompts Vaneera to shrug and offer the half-eaten banana to Motet. "I mean, if you want potassium that badly..."

But of course, the sillier conversations would have to be set aside, as apparently there was something that had managed to unnerve Motet... Vaneera takes notice of that straight away. There wasn't a lot that would get under Motet's skin like that, so whatever it is, it warrants Vaneera taking the matter seriously.

'Vani... Their eyes.'

Vaneera turns her attention to the pair in question. Sure enough, she sees one with pink eyes... And another with red eyes. She leans closer to whisper to Motet.
    "Don't worry. I'll take care of it."

Right now it was best not to let Motet's fears run wild. Vaneera would be her anchor. It seemed like Motet wasn't the only one on edge about this, though. That girl in pink seemed possibly even more skittish by comparison. The one with Determination though.... Well, Frisk approached without fear, and greeted them openly.

"I'm Vaneera. This is Motet.", she then gestures to her friend.

Vaneera can't help but see something a little familiar in Frisk... The hair, general stance, even the clothes, to an extent. Colors were off, but.... Eh, she was probably just overthinking it. But the strange sense of familiarity probably went both ways, because while Vaneera certainly had Determination in her eyes -- there was also something that Frisk could have only possibly seen in one other individual.

Chara. The black around the red... The difference being that Vaneera seemed a fair bit less unhinged compared to Chara. Little less knife crazy and all that. Though whether anyone knew of the HATE that could cause it.... That was another matter.

Either way, the vibes they would most likely be getting from each other reminded them of the same individual, unbeknownst to either.

"So, you have Determination, huh?", she decides to point out the elephant in the room. Perhaps it was better to get it over with.

She wanted to see how much the Humans in this world knew of SOULS and TRAITS. Maybe she could also poke around about that girl in pink too... And in turn get some answers for Motet. But one step at a time.

Right now she wanted to give off the impression of a casual conversation. No sense in making things all tense right now, yeah?

"Oh, I hope I'm not holding you up from anything, by the way.", she then adds.

One way or another... Vaneera was Determined to get some answers.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:49 am