Magical gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Magical gamers

A forum for games, stories and much more!

Vaneera's Recruits - Blumina

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

Vaneera's Recruits - Blumina Empty Vaneera's Recruits - Blumina

Post by Amord Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:17 pm

A young woman shambles back into her apartment in Vale. She's got a bag of groceries in one hand. With the other she's closing the door and locking it. She sighs heavily. Before she can start relaxing she has to get everything put away so it doesn't spoil. She thinks about turning on the television as a quick detour before heading to the kitchen, but decides not to bother for now.

After getting everything sorted into the fridge and the freezer respectively, she sets the bag out of the way for later. Sometimes it was handy to have one of those to carry something. With that done, she takes a drink out of the fridge, and heads over to the couch and unceremoniously plops onto the cushion. She leans forward to pick up the remote from the table, and then notices something new placed on the table.

She arches a brow, and picks it up. At first she thought it was an envelope or a letter, but it appears to be a card instead. She looks it over. The back of the card has an ornate design, but the front of it looks blank. It leaves her a little dumbfounded; she didn't pick up anything like this. What would she even use it for?

But as she's questioning herself silently about the purpose of this card, something is suddenly projected from it via holograph. A figure in a red cloak.

"Greetings. I've heard you have a useful set of skills."

The voice came from the hologram, no question about it! Not that the woman was able to process that much, flinching and dropping the card onto the table. The next thing she can think of is grabbing her laptop and flipping it open, only to find no notices about security breaches.

The hooded figure smiles.
    "Relax. I'm not one of your enemies. Nor am I here to turn you in. Rather... I would like to assist you."

The woman closes the laptop and eyes the holographic figure. "What do you know, and why do you want to help me?"

The hooded figure gives a nod. "Straight to the point, then. I can work with that.", she pauses briefly -- the voice was certainly that belonging to a female, at least. "I know you have a reason to be very unhappy with the Akuma."

The woman's expression immediately tenses at that declaration. The hooded figure continues; "I also know that you are trying to confront them through indirect means. I'm here to offer you a way to deal with them in a very direct manner."

Naturally, the woman was skeptical. "I suppose there's a catch?"

The holographic figure then shakes her head. "No catch. Right now I'm searching for people that I can trust. There is no price to this, other than my hopes to secure an alliance."

If it was true... It was pretty hard to refuse; besides she could very easily deduce that whoever this was, they weren't working with the Akuma.

"Let's say I'm interested.", the woman muses aloud. "What happens then?"

The figure entertains the question, surprisingly enough. "Then we'll meet in person and begin working right away. We have a lot to do, and the sooner we get started, the better."

Well, she seemed like a professional... With these kinds of circumstances involved, she wasn't exactly in a position to refuse the help; not many people wanted to tangle with the Akuma, and just asking the wrong questions about them could get you in all kinds of trouble. As frustrating as it was, it was either go along with this, or make the exactly zero progress she had been making so far.

She considers this carefully, before responding.
    "... Alright. Let's do it."

The hooded figure nods. "I'll be arriving shortly. Make whatever preparations you deem necessary."

With that, the hologram faded out, and the woman was left to collect her thoughts about all of this. It was nothing short of crazy, but it was the exact kind of opportunity she needed, too...

She runs a hand through her hair, her head hanging low as she ran all of this through her mind. She stops her hand to scratch a spot on top of her head, as if trying to jog some sort of answer out in an obscure way. Eventually, she lowers her hand and takes a deep breath.

A short time later, she hears a knock on the door. Checking the peephole, she can see that it's the same person from that card, so the woman unlocks the door and opens it.

"Come on in.", she invites the girl in the red cloak, whom promptly accepts the invitation.

The woman closes the door and locks it once more, then she turns to face her guest.
    "So... What's first?"

The hooded girl looks the woman over for a moment. "First, I'm going to unlock your Aura. We're going to be heading into combat, and you'll need it to defend yourself."

The woman is surprised by this declaration. "Whoa, whoa! Are you suggesting we just march in and start bashing their heads? There's no way I can do something like that!"

But the girl in the cloak simply gestures for the woman to calm down. "I'm not suggesting anything as crude as that. But you will need to have your Aura unlocked, otherwise you won't be able to pull off the plan."

The woman begins to pace. This really WAS crazy! Now all this talk of unlocking Auras, and actually confronting the Akuma... But... Okay. What other choice was there? Frustrated with her indecision, she decides to leap at the chance once more.

"Alright. Do it."

With that stated, the hooded figure would place a hand on the woman's shoulder, and then power suddenly surged through her body. It didn't hurt or feel unpleasant. If anything, it... Felt energizing. Like she was a brand new person!

"I... Feel like I could take on a whole group of people in a fight!", the woman states, looking at her own hands in amazement, then smiling at the hooded girl.

She was smirking in response, and then replies;
    "Fortunately, you won't have to. Here's the plan, we're going to start with recon. You already know where their little hideaway is. I want you to get into their security system and turn it to our favor."

The woman grins, and takes a seat on the couch once more, popping open the laptop and tapping away on the keyboard -- it was about then that she noticed how much faster she was able to type. And uh... She realized how much noise she was making too.

At first it sounded like she was angrily tapping away at the keyboard, but she gets used to the Aura increasing her physical abilities pretty fast. Soon enough she's going at an even faster pace than she could before, all without damaging her equipment.

"We're going to take note of how many there are, what the environment looks like, how many exits and entrances... Then we're going to ambush them. If we do this right, they won't know what hit them.", the hooded girl then explains.

The woman was listening, but also paying close attention to her screen. Soon enough she gives a thumbs up.
    "I'm in. I can see everything they're up to now."

The red cloaked girl then offers the woman some basic weaponry to get started with. Nothing crazy, a baton and a rifle. This is the sort of thing you'd see issued to Militia.

"Keep yourself ready, and keep that card close. I'll give you the signal on what to do when it's time.", she instructs, and then steps over to the door.

The woman stands up and quickly unlocks the door, allowing her ally to leave the apartment. This was it, it was really happening now... She shakes that off, closing the door and locking it yet again, then she sits down and watches the cameras.

Soon enough that hologram appears on the card again.

"Alright. How many are in the main room?", she asks.

The woman checks that over, and then replies; "Five."

The cloaked girl then adds; "Alright. I'm going to get started. I want you to set the card in an open space on the floor. When it's time, you'll know. Just step onto it and you'll be joining me in the ambush."

The woman seemed a little skeptical of that, but follows the instructions...

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Aut viam ivenium aut faciam | I shall either find a way or make one
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Vaneera's Recruits - Blumina Empty Re: Vaneera's Recruits - Blumina

Post by Amord Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:34 pm

By the time the woman takes her seat and watches the camera, she's just in time to see the cloaked girl burst through the door and move like a blur, striking the five Akuma thugs down before they can even figure out what the hell just broke into their hideout.

That card chimes up again.
    "Anyone coming to investigate?"

The woman checks each of the rooms. "Hmm... No, it looks like you took them out quietly enough."

The red-cloaked girl nods, and then tosses a card onto the floor of the hideout. Both cards then grow, and begin glowing. The woman assumes that this is the cue, and steps onto the card in her apartment.

When she does, she finds herself immediately moved to the hideout. It's a little disorienting at first, but only because she wasn't actually expecting the teleportation to happen. The girl in the cloak then gestures for the woman to follow.

The two of them make their way to the meeting room of the hideout. The hooded girl is the one taking point, and she continues to gesture to her sole squad mate, on what to do. Right now, she wanted her to hold, and the woman didn't argue, she did just that.

The cloaked girl peeks around the corner, and sees two guards. But there's enough of an angle to approach them without being seen. That in mind, she gestures for her to follow, and then the pair sets off down the hall.

Each one strikes a guard, easily rendering them unconscious. Soon enough they're working through the motions without having constant gestures to relay the commands, based on how the cloaked girl stops by the door, and the woman does the same.

With a nod, the woman swings the door open while keeping in cover, then the red hooded girl tosses a card inside. What follows is a variety of effects related to Dust going off in the room filled with Akuma goons. The two of them just took on a hideout... Single-handed.

It was such a clean operation that she ended up not even needing the equipment or her Aura. Which left her a little surprised. Something which she was quick to comment on.

"Okay, you clearly didn't need my help. Why did you take the time to do all of this for me?"

The cloaked girl shrugs. "Told you before, I want someone I can trust. You've got a good head on your shoulders, and now you know I can get things done... So here's my offer. You work with me, I'll train you. Then this will seem like child's play by comparison to what we'll be pulling off."

She pauses. "Or, if you want to walk away, there's no strings attached. But you'll be figuring out how to keep striking at the Akuma on your own as well."

Well... Certainly, those were fair terms. There was just one more question on her mind. "Who are you, anyway?"

That prompts a quick introduction from the girl in the red hood: "I'm Vaneera. I look forward to working with you..."

The woman straightens out, and realizes what the pause at the end is for. "Blumina. You've convinced me. I'll follow you."

Sure, all of this was crazy... But she couldn't deny the results either! Just what would she be capable of if she stuck with Vaneera? Blumina had to find that out.

"One more thing.", Vaneera states. "I'll be introducing you to someone. She's a bit eccentric... But I hope you two get along."

To anyone that knew... Yeah, that was referring to Motet.

"I'm also searching for two more talented individuals. I'm hoping I can rely on your skills for that."

Blumina then gives an excited nod. "Yeah! Count on me! I'll find the best of the best!"

With that... Vaneera found one valuable person. Two more to go. Then she could start up even more sophisticated plans. Her enemies weren't going to just wait or play nice. She needed to get this done as soon as possible.

Finding someone with Blumina's particular circumstances and skills wasn't easy... But now that it was done, the uphill journey just got a little bit easier.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Raymu likes this post

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:46 pm

Some time later...

The cloaked girl dives out of a window, twirling through the air and landing gracefully. As shattered glass lands around her, the angry shouting of her pursuers become apparent.

"Down there!"

"She jumped out the window!"

"Get after her, dammit!"

She grins, running while they scramble to catch up to her. Some of them try firing at her, but they aren't having much luck considering she's a moving target, and the fact that she always seems to escape just out of their line of sight behind some obstacle.

The reason for that is because she's taken the time to map out her escape route. Everything had to be planned out perfectly. As for the why of it -- well, she just stole something very valuable from them. A couple of somethings, actually. Two cases, one filled with various documents, and the other with Lien and Dust.

Suffice to say, they were pretty enthusiastic about getting their belongings back. But it seemed like they were always a step behind her.

The girl in the hood eventually manages to lose them in a crowded street, and slips back to her hideout. She takes a seat, and sets the two cases on the table in front of her. Then, she smiles to herself.

Vaneera's Recruits - Blumina Blumina_1

It's funny to think that just a little while ago, she'd never have thought about doing something like that... But here she was, making it happen.

"Heheh. Unfortunately, Captain Vaneera gives me power in more ways than one, you useless goons."

Blumina takes the time to look over her haul. All kinds of resources and Intel now at her disposal. So thoughtfully taken from criminals, at that.

She can't help but think of how it all started... It felt like a lifetime ago, but maybe it was because her life changed so drastically in such a short amount of time! It's funny, Vaneera went through all the trouble to put on a big show about it, but looking back... It was pretty obvious.

She had every single step figured out in advance. Including Blumina's own involvement in that very first outing; every risk was mitigated as much as it could be, but it was also to be an empowering moment for her.

Anyone that could pull off something like that... They were worth following. Not a lot of people cared enough about others to put in that kind of effort. That was why she was so willing to don an appearance in tribute to Vaneera.

"Can't believe she even found me..."

She muses.

Of course that was one of the first thing she asked once things had settled down. The answer was very simple; Vaneera was looking for any talented person that she could trust, and she was working tirelessly towards that goal. Apparently she had powerful enemies, and that translated to needing people she could trust unconditionally.

Rather than trying to figure everything out by herself, she was trusting Blumina... And anyone else that Blumina could recruit now. Granted, Vaneera still had some oversight on this, but she didn't have to work so hard at the task of recruiting now. Blumina had all the makings she needed to be able to pull off something discreet like this off.

And, of course. She could handle things that weren't quite so discreet, too!

"Now... I think I have just about everything I need here...", she finally relaxes in her seat.

"Just have to arrange the meetings with Lemine and Velvette. Then we can help them -- and change their lives just like mine."

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:25 pm

After the escapades in Nala's Semblance...

Vaneera had to think all of this through. Originally she thought that Beacon would be safe, and a way to train and study -- especially for Motet. And while that was still technically true, it wasn't as safe as she had first believed. Especially now that Salem's top agents were right here in Beacon without anyone being the wiser about it.

Sapphire. The one with Silver Eyes. The most immediate threat to herself and Motet due to their nature as Arcana.

Moon. Never leaves Sapphire's side. They're practically chained together. Equally a threat because of Sapphire's backing.

Bowie. Acting with them. The three trained together back at Salem's Castle, and she already knows at least partially what they're all capable of.

Vaneera was sure that if she could at least take out Sapphire, then the other two would be less of an issue. The problem was that there was no way to make it happen. Even in the rare few instances that Moon WASN'T with Sapphire, then Bowie was covering the gaps to make up for it.

Taking on all three at once was out of the question. Trying to assassinate one of them was too risky. Even if it succeeded, it would immediately bring attention to her and Motet; she couldn't see a way to do something like that and NOT have it traced back to her.

The only way to deal with the threat that these three represented was to come up with a means to take them all out at once... For that, Vaneera needed manpower.

For manpower, Vaneera needed people that she could trust.

... Then, an epiphany hits her. If she could gain people that she trusts... That would rule out the threat of the Silver Eyes right there; they wouldn't be annihilated by that power!

Vaneera sits at her desk and gets to work trying to organize her thoughts. If Mauve or Veronica asked, then she would simply say;

"I'm working on my tactics by running simulations."

It wasn't a lie, and even if they wished to probe further, she could give more details without giving away what her true goal was.

She determined, ultimately, that it would probably be a job for three people -- not including herself and Motet. It was true that Sapphire was plenty dangerous because of her Silver Eyes, but it's not like she was an untrained fighter.

You also had to account for if things went wrong, like if you couldn't keep Moon or Bowie pinned down and separated from Sapphire... At least three people. They needed to be able to perfectly complement their strengths and weaknesses too.

No matter how Vaneera ran the simulation in her head, it came down to that. Recruiting too many people would probably be inconvenient, and start to attract attention. Too few, and they couldn't get the job done. For now... Three. That seemed like the magic number.

The problem had become something new, though; she knew zero people that could fit this bill. She could hardly trust anyone in Beacon to go along with this, either.

So if Beacon was a bust...

Vaneera started digging on the internet. If she needed someone she could trust, then it had to be someone that needed something done, and it needed to be serious, too. Something that no one else could do because of the difficulty and danger it posed. Fortunately, rumors and news spread like wildfire, even despite the best efforts of some to suppress it.

It wasn't something that was going to happen instantly, but she would keep working at it. There was one lead that she was finding already, though... The Akuma was a known criminal organization that was making moves. They were into some seriously shady stuff.

She couldn't trust anyone in the Akuma, obviously. But the people that were wronged by them? That was a different matter entirely. The further she dug into this rabbit hole, the more she saw a name cropping up.

Then she looked into that name. It was like hitting a treasure trove of information.

A normal girl living a peaceful life, then suddenly her friends are taken. According to this story -- which had practically spread like some kind of urban legend -- she dug into what happened herself, and at almost every turn people would tell her it's best not to pursue this any further.

But she was persistent to find out what happened, and... The Akuma finally got their name dropped.

After that, the pieces clicked into place. The Akuma had a habit of taking people for the purpose of Semblance Trade. "Unimportant" people snatched up, their Aura was activated, and then Semblance experimentation began. The better their power was, the higher the price they fetched.

It was a disgusting market and practice. It was also highly illegal. But it explained why everyone was so unwilling to dig into what happened.

Vaneera knew where to start now. She'd find this girl... Blumina.

Then she could recruit her; train her up. She could do this without anyone from Beacon finding out, and once Blumina was ready, she could instruct her to find two other people that could fit the needs of this group...

This was far from everything she needed still, but now that she knew what she needed to do, it was only a matter of time. Vaneera worked at it during her free time, until finally...

"Greetings. I've heard you have a useful set of skills."

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Raymu likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:45 pm