Magical gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Magical gamers

A forum for games, stories and much more!

3 posters

Reboot From Zero

Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

Reboot From Zero Empty Reboot From Zero

Post by Raymu Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:14 pm

"... But I don't understand. Why did you create me?"

"That's a complicated question with a lot of answers. I don't know if you'll really understand if I tell you now, but when you're ready maybe you'll find out everything hmm?"

"You were forced to create me. Your response is very nonchalant for someone forced into compliance. Do you not despise me?"

"Haha! You certainly have a strange way of looking at things, Shamir. I was forced to create your other half. I made you because I had a plan in mind. And no, I don't hate you at all. I don't hate your other half either. He's...Well, what he's going to do is wrong. But it's not his choice."

"I still fail to comprehend your mindset. If I was created in response to something you were forced to create, would that not still be its own kind of coercion? I exist as a direct result of something else. I also fail to grasp why you would view my "other half" under a lens of morality. It and myself are no more than tools created to serve a purpose. Humans...Really are strange."

"You won't see me arguing with that, Shamir. We humans do a lot of weird things. Even I don't understand it a lot of the time. But it's a lot more simple than you're making it out to be. I guess somewhere along the way I gained a bit of a motive. Something I wanted to see. Something I was curious about. You see, your other half...He's not invincible. Sure he might be powerful, he might be top of the line, and I won't lie to you - If he carries out his intended function a lot of people are going to suffer... But eventually someone would have stopped him. Even if I didn't make you, that much I'm sure of. We humans are tenacious to a fault. I still don't think you'll understand it yet, but... The reason I made you is something I hope you'll never forget. No matter what happens I hope you can hold onto these words.

I made you because...

Damage Detected. Beginning System Diagnostics.

The sounds of clicking and whirring filled the air softly. At first there was nothing. No light. No sounds beyond those of the rhythmic mechanical hums. But slowly a heavy static like a blizzard appeared, and that silence was replaced with a distant noise. It sounded like...Waves crashing against a shore so very far away. Eventually the static began to calm itself, forming into an image. Strange and hard to decipher, but clearer still by the moment.

Reboot From Zero Landing_Point_Reboot

Words flashing across a screen that no one else could see. They spoke of phantom damages that no one else would recognize. Things that were already beginning to repair themselves. A lone figure began to move. First it was the digits on their hand. Then their entire hand. Then ever so slowly that movement worked up the arms...That figure began to lift themselves up, adjusting their body ever so carefully to assess their landing point.

Reboot From Zero Landing_Point_Diagdone

Finally the air was filled with all sorts of sounds. Distant birds, waves lapping against land, the sound of winds blowing against the grass. The lone figure's sight became clear as the harsh static vanished. A final warning displayed for no one else's eyes that soon faded from sight like a stray spirit.

Reboot From Zero Landing_Point

The strange person remembered his name from a memory that felt so distant right now. Shamir...His name was Shamir. Shamir stood ever so slowly from the point of impact. He surveyed the damage wordlessly, taking in the sight of a crater that dragged across the land for at least 20 yards creating an artificial ditch in the ground. Several trees had been smashed in half behind him and it was clear the trajectory he had taken. Shamir glanced all around him, curious as to where he was. The diagnostics...They had mentioned internal navigation having issues rebooting. Right now he was just as lost as a human who had been dropped into the world without even so much as a map.

Reboot From Zero Gazing_back

The strange steel man's silence was finally broken as he assessed his situation out loud.

"It appears I have gone off-course from my intended objective. How unfortunate. I suppose I have no choice but to seek a local to help identify my current location."

The land rolled on for a fair distance, though it was clear from the nearby shoreline that this was likely not a continent, but perhaps an archipelago or an island of some sort. With that simple deduction aside Shamir began to walk slowly away from the shore, certain that where ever he was, it couldn't possibly be a landmass large enough to take weeks of walking to find a sign of civilization.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Reboot From Zero TowersignatureBorderSmaller
    More Things:
    Nothost
    Nothost
    Super Friend
    Super Friend
    Three years
    You've been a member for three whole years!

Reboot From Zero Empty Re: Reboot From Zero

Post by Nothost Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:16 pm

Things were always in motion. Remnant circled its sun, the moon orbited Remnant. Day turned into night and the sun rose in the east. People grew older, structures decayed over time.

Yet there were places on Remnant that were almost untouched by time. Save for the transition between night and day, time had frozen in these places. In a small island close to the kingdom of Vale, the structures there were as pristine as the time they were built. For they resided in a valley that was largely untouched by the elements. But that did not mean it was deserted.

Reboot From Zero RyA0IHd

A group of robed figures walked out of the main structure. They were not all uniformed: the colors and designs varied a little. But they were all soft colors. There was plenty of white, blue, and gold. Most were walking slowly and deliberately. There was one who had a spring in their step.

Reboot From Zero BL9VMfM

"Man, Menemo was really on point today!"

A figure that was walking next to them smiled slightly.

Reboot From Zero Zg1jXCQ

"It's wonderful that you feel as inspired as I do. But perhaps you should be formal when addressing the Avatar."

The smaller, more girlish figure hummed, holding their hands behind her head.

"But Mnemo is always casual when talking to us followers. "Avatar Mnemosyne" is a bit much to say in a casual conversation. I mean, I don't call you Sister Nightingale all the time."

The blue-haired girl glanced over at the shorter girl as they walked. "Perhaps you should be more formal with me, Sister Theia. For I am your senior, am I not?"

The shorter figure rolled their eyes. "Are you? You can't be much older than me, Urania.

"There are things every proper lady keeps to themselves. Age is one such secret." Urania gave her companion a slight smile.

"Besides, you of all people should know that people aren't always what they look like at first glance."

Phoebe sighed at that. "Well, I guess you're right. But you can't be older than 20.

"I could very much be older than that. As I said, a proper lady has her secrets to keep. Urania winked at her fellow sister. She then clasped her hands together, and held them out in front of her stomach.

"I do apologize, but I must go and perform my daily prayer and ponder my findings." Phoebe stopped, then snapped her fingers together.

"Oh yeah! How could have I forgotten? Did you manage to recruit any new followers? Urania smiled.

"I've come across some potential siblings. I must do my part and guide them into the light of our goddess.

"Really?! I hope they aren't boring this time around."

"One does not have to be entertaining to be accepted by our goddess. They need only to walk into the light."

Phoebe scoffed. "Maybe you are older than you look. Has anyone told you that you sound like an old lady?  Urania giggled.

"Not as bluntly as you do, Sister Theia." Phoebe frowned at the other girl.

"You're doing that on purpose, aren't you?

"That's another secret I'm keeping." Urania winked again, causing the other girl to roll her eyes again. She then folded her arms under her chest, looking at her sternly.

"Hey, don't leave right away after prayer this time. I want you to tell me about your adventures this time. Urania smiled wryly.

"You've missed me, haven't you?

"Only a little bit." Phoebe put her hands on her hips. "You're the easiest person to talk to, that's all." Urania smiled

"Very well, Sister Theia. I shall stick around a little longer this time. But the goddess's word must be spread throughout Remnant. Blessed day to you."

Urania bowed then walked away, leaving Phoebe to herself. She waved after her fellow worshiper, then turned and jogged away.

"Alright, time for some stylish practicing!
    (* Phoebe is a guy. However to most people around him he's perceived as a girl. As such, until his true nature is revealed,  I'm calling him a girl to avoid confusion in posts.)

Phoebe could have used one of the many recourse and facilities at the house of worship. They matched Atlas's military and academy training facilities, and in some ways, may even surprass them. Not everyone used then of course: there was a share of more passive members, or those with semblances that weren't good for combat.

But those training fields couldn't perfectly simulate terrain. Which wouldn't be a problem for most people. But Phoebe had a rather unique mode of transportation, to say the least. And it was about to be tested to its full capacity.

"Hey, is that a… whoa!"

Phoebe swerved on her yoyo and nearly lost control. She stopped as she saw smoke rising off in the difference. She blinked, then grinned.

"Thank Prisma! Something interesting is going on around here." Phoebe got on their yoyo again and zoomed off.

Shamir would hear a rustling in the trees before Phoebe leaped down from above. They jumped off their yoyo midair.

"WOOOOHOOOO!"

Phoebe landed on the ground a few feet in front of Shamir, curling their yoyo back into her hand.

Reboot From Zero OtuAEDx

"Wow, a survivor! I didn't sense any aura, so I thought everyone died in the crash. You look okay too. Praise be to Prisma!"

Phoebe pressed her palms together, giving the android a smile. Shamir was fortunate that someone had come across him now. But would his good luck continue?

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Reboot From Zero 2pq8T3s

Raymu and Lamia like this post

Lamia
    Lamia
    Chaotic Horny
    Chaotic Horny
    Five Years
    You've been part of our home for half a decade!

Post by Lamia Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:43 am

Her presence was like radiance to the people here. Light came in the wake of her footsteps. This, the mouthpeace for their god, verly, She was where their dreams lie, how they grew manifest. For through the true god she brought light to the world. Through the Goddess Prisma’s will she punished the wicked and allowed them to flourish.

Perhaps you might assume then, that she held malice for those she judged, hate, or even anger. No. Prisma’s earthly avatar hated no one. She held malice for no one. She was mad….. At no one. It was hard for even those under her to understand. Mnemosyne in fact could often be seen warning those whose judgment was coming. With a smile and a spring to her step. She would complete it with nothing but kind words, even offer her help most of the time. But if anyone thought this meant she wouldn't carry out her judgements they were wrong. The memory was still fresh in the mind of some, of light’s judgement raining down upon the vile bandits. It was their third warning after being run off before, and this time they had hurt another cloaked in light as well. That afternoon a searing light came from on high with the girl’s call, as if she was willing justice itself into existence. A burning, searing light that turned the bandits to ash no sooner than it had touched them.

But even this was a mercy in its own way:A second of pain instead of eternity of torment at the hands of their protectors. So she called upon the light with a smile, knowing she was burning darkness away from this world.

They had expected her to be stern, serious… straight laced. But the avatar was bubbly, and always with a smile on her face. She was the very definition of purity. In mind, in body, and in spirit. If there was such an x ray one could see it for themselves, A girl so pure she actively acted as Grimm repellent. But it was more than that. Prisma had chosen this girl, a girl of world’s past for several reasons. She had a natural charisma that made others want to follow her, to defend her, to hang on her every word. Her sermons, while they could be unorthodox at times were none the less infectioness. She was chosen for a kindness that she radiated, what she represented was Prisma’s light on this world. Hearts were open to her, not that she’d ever take advantage of people. Her words were enticing, enveloping. Her charm, her purity, her loyalty and her heart, all of these things were why she was chosen to spread Prisma’s light once more upon the world. She addressed the others as if there was no difference between them, most insisted on giving the girl honorifics, but she was thankful for those that simply talked to her plainly, people like Phoebe, Sister Theia, who even gave her a wonderfully adorable nickname. Phebe was so cute to boot, which just made it all the better-truly she was blessed to have her, and all the followers of Prisma’s light!

The girl now stepping out from the chapel, she loved things like that.

Reboot From Zero 6c3065bfd65727996c022bf710c5999e93c9a56fv2_00

She took a deep breath, glad to be out of her robes, blessed though they may be, they were uncomfortable, She had no issues wearing them but at times… she wished she could have something more stylish for her wear, perhaps Prisma’s guidance would see fit to let her next they talked.

She hoped so, she had just the idea for it!

It came time for her walk, to be honest this one she had planned. Which was why it was a little annoying her people kept insisting she bring a guard of those who could fight with her, or some of the mechanical defenses, despite her abilities. But that wouldn't do at all this day. She knew they only cared for their avatar’s safety. But she had planned this exactly so she could meet up Sister Nightingale or Sister Theia, particularly Sister Theia, she was always fun! But that meant getting out into the fields but that took quite a bit more time than she thought.

When she did she found the breeze wonderful, the fields reminding her so well of the past… Of a world that once was. There was so much darkness in the world now. Even from a place as safe as theirs she knew that. It was her job to spread Lady Prisma’s light throughout the world, so that that darkness would fade away. So the pain would fade away… so people could be happy, and safe. She wanted to banish evil from this world, so that only smiles and happiness remained.

Ah! The girl clasped her hands together, she was getting closer! She could feel Sister Theia’s aura and so began a dash in her direction, a wide smile played on her face as she did so. She enjoyed time with others, genuine time-more than simply the sermons, or people coming to her for guidance, not to say she wasn’t happy to help in those regards as well. Since she came back she had had her brother of course, but since a while back he had insisted that he had to watch something that had ‘awoken’ find it. He for reasons she didn’t know refused to elaberate to her just what however. Was it a threat? A new recruit? She didn’t know.

But she knew she needed this time, and she knew Phoebe was just up ahead!

But as she finally came upon the clearing, to Phebe jumping out of a tree she blinked in confusion.

"Theirs two....? their should be one!"

Came her hushed tone, though it wasn't long before she heard a familiar ringing in her ear.

Humanities attempts to play at creation, admirable but faultily

Her goddess' words rang true in her head, and she understood. Like there defenses, only more complicated she assumed with the appearance it had. To complicated for her really, she wishe he were just a regular person. Still... Prisma told her, and still did, All who would bear her light were welcome, besides she couldn't just turn her head from someone who so obviously neede help!

"Praise be to Prisma indeed! This is truly a blessing, heh, came out to see the cutie Phoebe just to find someone in need, are you ok, man of steel? It is of course, as walkers of Prisma's light our duty to help those in need, right Beebee?"

She had maybe spent to long coming up with that nickname, but she had to after Phebe did for her, it was only natural, and she hoped she liked it! The girl gave a spin, turning her attention to her fellow follower, a wide smile on her face.

"Oh, while were here..... Did you enjoy the sermon today Phoebe? I can only hope i conveyed Prisma's teachers to everyone, her will well!

Yes, this was a concern for her in the middle of talking to the new stranger here, Mnemosyne was like that, she could focus on multiple worries at once. She was worried about this knew strangler and would do all she could to help him... but so to was she just as worried about conveying what she needed to the people!

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Reboot From Zero Image

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 10:49 pm