Magical gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Magical gamers

A forum for games, stories and much more!

[AU] Determination in One's Blood

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

[AU] Determination in One's Blood Empty [AU] Determination in One's Blood

Post by Amord Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:58 am

(I do not expect anyone to join this. I'm writing this out to vent, and to explain why I'm not having Claret do these things in the Main RP.)

"I don't suppose I could have a drink? I'm in the mood for one after that fight."

That was all that Claret said after the duel with Summer Rose. It ended with Claret's loss, of course. That came as no surprise. That was the greatest Huntress in all of Remnant. Pulling off a victory there would have been nothing short of impossible.

But that wasn't what was plaguing Claret's mind right now. She was reclined back on a couch, tuning out the chattering around her courtesy of Pawn, Summer and Fool. None of it made sense...

"If you stay here you will meet her, she's going to visit Fool now, for her sake, try not to start a fight, or bring up these... things you're teaching her, outside of the combat, survival and stuff okay? you think this is such a simple line, it's not."

"And that's why, I'll repeat this, there is no overstepping for her, I am not questioning your strength... if anything I'd hate for Fool to lose a friend, I truly would -- you'll find gutting her... is the least of your worries, and the easiest of things to achieve when it comes to her."

Those words. All from Summer...
    And not long after those words, a single attack from Devil was all it took to render Summer incapacitated while she shielded Fool.

Claret fell deeper into thought about all of this...

"You will cease, now with this attitude, Claret, Fool was trying to stop you, I was trying to atop you, because Devil can't die; at least not by any conventional means available to us, that is why she's so cocky, and why we tried to stop you, okay? So stop, stop it on both halves of Fool, they've suffered at devils hand a long time, it's hard."

"Do you understand? You wouldn't have killed Devil, the best you could have hoped for was putting her out of commission for a while, then she would have come after you, and I did not want that for one of my children."

"Forgive me, by conventional, I mean any mortal means we know of, your power isn't the only one able to make grim scream Claret, my eyes do as well. the issue at hand, it's not hurting Devil, she's perfectly capable of being hurt, she can feel pain, that's not an issue.

She can't die is the issue, does your ability force a concept of death on someone? because THAT is what devil lacks young lady, I understand your pride, you remind me of my other youngest, but contrary to belief, something bleeding doesn't mean it dies okay? so stop arguing, Mom's not even concerned about this to begin with, its a fact, its not worth arguing over! So please... Just drop it, if you disagree, whatever, I don't care, what i care about right now is ensuring the safety of you two.
    "

The further Claret thought about this... The more it troubled her. Though she did a good job of hiding it. Whenever she thought it might show on her face, she hid it by taking a drink, and correcting her expression in the middle of doing so.

A handy little trick from being part of Nobility -- you needed a good poker face, after all. But there was still even more that had been said...

"You're still not understanding that power alone, isn't enough to stop Devil. I'm sorry Claret.. but you don't know as much about her as you're assuming, even without what shes released... She controls the Nightmares, she can bend people to her will.. unleash there inner evils to control them. She can... Bring back the dead."

"She can, that's the thing. Because it's not her power that allows her to regenerate, it's a part of who she naturally is as a being. She feels anything you take her down with, even things that harm and kill Grimm and she doesn't die form it. Fool's grim ripped her to shreds, I burned her to nothing with my Silver Eyes... She came back. This aspect of hers is as natural as blood flow... Or Semblances... or any other natural ability of our bodies."

It just didn't make any sense. Not because she couldn't fathom someone having this power. No, she could believe that. She could not fathom why it was Summer Rose saying this.

When Summer faced Claret, she was dominant... Powerful. Unbreakable, an iron will. Just as all the legends said -- albeit a little more carefree and joyful than what the stories would tell you.

But whenever it came to Devil... It was like it was an entirely different person.

She acted meek. Submissive. Fearful... Broken.

Over and over again. That was all they said. That it was impossible, utterly pointless.

Claret would calmly retrieve a book and begin writing in it... When she's done, she takes in her surroundings. The Pawns were barely paying attention, each doing their own little thing right now. Summer was tending to Fool -- and she was still apologizing for what happened to the arena.

Claret calmly stands up, and makes her way to the door. She rips out the page she had just written in, and she presses the page onto the door. Held in place by blood that she was actively manipulating. She opens the door and steps through, and then closes it. Then the blood would crystallize, making it much more difficult to open the door without damaging it.

The page acting as a lock courtesy of the blood would then read as follows:

"Hello!
    This is the only page of my diary that I will let you read! For now, at least. So make sure you read it well, and to completion. Alright?

Let's start with the obvious. Summer and my Apprentice are the ones going to Vale. That's just how it's going to be.

Both of you lack the will to fight. You have no hope. There is no spirit coursing through you. Though I do not know the full circumstances, I can say this with confidence;
    Devil has broken you.

And so long as you are broken, it is ultimately pointless for either of you to be the ones to confront her.

I am not broken. Devil will find that she cannot break me, either. Whether she is truly as unstoppable as you say or not does not matter. I am who she is after. I will give you the most time to escape to Vale, and when all is said and done, I will pull through and meet up with you.

This is your greatest chance to escape. You will take it. By the time you notice I'm not here, I will already be making my preparations to face Devil.

Do not waste this opportunity I have given you by pursuing me. You have an obligation to your daughter. I'll be the one lecturing you if you come, got it?

Chew my ear off when I meet up with you later.

~Claret
    "

Claret raced through the wilderness with purpose. A manic grin on her face as she fearlessly dove into the fray. In her wake, she spreads blood throughout the wilderness. Each bit that she leaves is a marker of her Semblance and of the smell of blood.

The more she spreads it throughout the wilderness, the more blind Devil becomes with her senses. It serves another purpose, acting as traps that she can spring from any direction. She is thorough in her preparations. This is to be a great hunt!

Nothing will stand in her way. If power is not enough, then she will use her mind. If she cannot comprehend it with her mind, she will evolve.

One way or another, she will waste as much of Devil's time as possible. She will humiliate the Immortal. She'll do it with a smile on her face. Claret hides herself in the wilderness, and awaits Devil. She will show up, she must, if she really does intend to pursue her, Summer, and Fool.

The world itself will learn why it should fear Claret Amaranth!

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Aut viam ivenium aut faciam | I shall either find a way or make one
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

[AU] Determination in One's Blood Empty Re: [AU] Determination in One's Blood

Post by Amord Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:08 am

Claret's ambush had grown pretty significant in size. Like this, it wouldn't be easy to go around her trap, it would take a lot of time to do that... And she had an ace up her sleeve, too. With what was shown in the previous fight, it wouldn't be possible to guess that Claret could do something like this.

Not unless Devil really, truly saw Claret as a threat and started taking actions based on that classification.

"She will never fear you, I'm sorry."

That was fine. Claret preferred it that way. That overconfidence. It created the perfect storm for her trap... Claret closes her eyes, drawing in a slow inhale through her nose. She was searching for something specific. A very distinct feeling, and it was easy enough to pick out. It was unlike anything in Remnant. Magic.

Devil's Magic. Earlier, Devil probably saw nothing in Claret approaching and attacking. But it wasn't just to test out her Semblance on Devil... It was to get her scent. Now that she had it, she could track Devil's movements.

It was made even easier with all of that miasma that sent every living thing running. Even the Grimm weren't so lucky, considering the explosion of magic that came afterwards.

Claret focused. She could feel it... Right there.

By the time Devil could pick up on the scent of blood, and that feeling of a Semblance being used... She was already close to the edge of the trap. What followed was a gradual change.

Nothing about the wilderness itself seemed to change -- but that sensation now felt like it was all around her, and not just in front of her. It would be also true for anyone that was accompanying her.

Claret was giving them no chance to think. She would catch them, or drive them back.

"There you are..."

Claret muttered, growing more excited. Her prey had arrived.

The game was about to begin.

Actions that Claret won't be taking in the Main RP:
    - Not asking what Summer really means
    - Setting off on her own to face Devil regardless of the result of the spar
    - Setting up her entire ambush, which would have an extremely high chance of catching Devil and her pieces

- The ambush is composed entirely of blood
    - It's a huge amount, covering an impressive part of the land
    - She can also move it... Both to block their forward momentum, AND to move towards them to catch them in it anyway
    - She would press it forward just as Devil catches onto that first scent

- Claret's goal isn't to win. It's to buy time for Summer and Fool
    - Think of the Hidden Mist technique used by Zabuza, even if you're sufficiently skilled and have the means to deal with it, it's still very troublesome TO deal with
    - Catching them in the middle of that is just the beginning of the trap

Why she won't be taking these actions:
    - It would very easily derail the plot, she would stall them for too long, even if Devil catches onto the goal and tries to work around it, Claret wouldn't make it easy

- Devil would be forced to go all out and drop a nuke in order to immediately counter it. If she wanted to, then it would also catch up the pieces that she was bringing with her

Why I'm writing this:
    It would finally put to rest that Claret just "can't do anything" and is "no threat"
    She forced Devil to use her full power, and without even confronting her straight out. These characters have only seen a fraction of what Claret is capable of, but I'm just supposed to buy that Devil knows everything, and Summer too.

If you think I'm wrong. Well, we have this AU thread for it. I hope that we simply agree to disagree, however.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Aut viam ivenium aut faciam | I shall either find a way or make one

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:04 am