Magical gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Magical gamers

A forum for games, stories and much more!

2 posters

Murder Drones: The Elliot Manor

Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

Murder Drones: The Elliot Manor - Page 2 Empty Re: Murder Drones: The Elliot Manor

Post by Raymu Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:53 am

Naturally, with the other three being on the same page about protecting Ray from facing consequences involving his job, it was safe to assume that N felt that way as well, though if there were any doubts those would soon be put to a halt as she spoke up in agreement.

"That's right! I'm with the others on this buddy! You're just gonna have to deal with your job being safe!"

Ray rubbed the back of his head, not really sure how to respond to all of that. But he finally does so with a smile.

"Thanks..."

Ray looked around frantically for a hiding spot, his panic only grew as he saw that the other four had vanished from sight. Though he was caught off-guard when Tessa pulled him into a hiding spot next to V.

"Whoa-!"

Thankfully for them he was pulled out of sight just in time as Tessa's father and a butler turned the corner. The two of them stopped as they glanced around.

"Say Jeeves. Did you hear something just now?"

"Perhaps it was an exotic bird of some sort master."

Ray's heart was about to beat out of his chest as he watched them from the shadows...But thankfully after a moment of them standing there, they moved on, walking away.

"Perhaps you're right. Remind me to get my hunting rifle later. I need another trophy for my collection."

Once he was sure they were gone, Ray stopped holding his breath and exhaled sharply, practically falling over as he did.

"Uughhhhh...That was way too close...I thought I was gonna die! Seriously!!"

Just then the crow swooped past them, the screwdriver locked firmly in its talons. It flew off towards the ballroom, and unfortunately for them...Swooped right in through the doors just as Tessa's father stepped through them. Somehow he failed to notice the black feathered beast flying in over him. But this just presented a new issue...

"You know, if I didn't know better I'd think that bird was doing this just to make our lives miserable."

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Murder Drones: The Elliot Manor - Page 2 TowersignatureBorderSmaller
    More Things:
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Murder Drones: The Elliot Manor - Page 2 Empty Re: Murder Drones: The Elliot Manor

Post by Amord Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:54 pm

Things were pretty tense in the hiding spot. Tessa was pretty sure they wouldn't be spotted, but that didn't make it any less nerve-wracking to deal with. Ray easily had it the worst though, as he was holding his breath, desperate to not be found out.

Tessa wanted to signal to him that he could breathe, but she had a feeling that if she did... Oh, good! They were leaving now... And as soon as Ray starts gasping for air, he basically falls over.

"Jeez, mate. Gotta remember to control your breathing in situations like that."

... And then that bloody bird swoops right into the same room as Tessa's father. Somehow, he hadn't noticed. Tessa's expression shifts to one suiting annoyance.

"... Really?!"

She declared in exasperation. J and V both step out of hiding at this point as well. J couldn't help but nod in agreement with Ray's observation.

"Seriously. I think it's actually doing it on purpose."

Still... That meant that this mission of theirs was getting even riskier. So, Tessa quickly decided to come up with a plan.

"Alright guys, remember how we practiced it. You hang back, I'll check things out."

Tessa stated, and began to take point as she approached the door -- J, N, and V all knew what she was referring to. But V took this chance to explain it to Ray.

"Tessa is the only one that can move around the place without suspicion... She can be our scout, and let us know when it's safe."

With that explanation given, Tessa has finished her approach, and she peers inside the ballroom.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Aut viam ivenium aut faciam | I shall either find a way or make one

Raymu likes this post

Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:26 am

Ray coughed and sputtered a little bit as he slowly caught his breath. Tessa reminded him to control his breathing rather than holding it...in between heaves of his chest he acknowledged her advice.

"Right...Control my breathing...Got it..."

J seemed to express the same sentiment that Ray had...Although she seemed just a tinge more annoyed about it. Just in case he looked over at her, an uneasy smile on his face.

"You're not gonna kill the bird when we catch it...Right?"

That smile went away as he blinked.

"... Right?"

Ray was about to follow right behind Tessa. She had a plan right? So it must have been fine. Though thankfully for him V was quick to explain what exactly that plan was. The technician stopped in his tracks, looking down at V with a surprised look on his face.

"... Ooohhh...Tessa's like our scout huh...I like it! There's no way this plan can fail!"

Meanwhile, when Tessa stepped into the ballroom she would see her father and several butlers all planning things out for an event. The crow was flying around the ceiling, careful not to get too close to the gathered group, though when one of the drone butlers placed a ladle in a punch bowl, the ceiling lights from above glinted upon the silver utensil..And the crow was quick to notice the shiny reflection. The crow hawed and hemmed loudly as it swooped down towards the ladle. With a shinier prize in sight, the crow dropped the screwdriver... ... Which landed directly onto a serving tray being carried away by a butler drone. And that butler was now walking towards Tessa's father... ... Who was also very quick to notice the tool that had embedded itself in the fancy snacks.

"Hello? Wots this then?! Were you meaning to serve me a bloody toolbox, or were you going to serve me something proper?!"

The drone cowered slightly as he approached.

"Uh, sir- I- That is, we- Only prepared the best ingredients befitting fine dining!"

Tessa's father raised his fist angrily.

"Fine dining?! A fine fucking MESS!"

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:40 pm

Slowly, but surely, Ray was getting a handle on himself, and Tessa gives him a thumbs up.

"There ya go, mate."
    She comments quietly.

More importantly, as he questioned if J was going to kill the bird or not, she crosses her arms... And as he questions her a second time, she rolls her eyes.

"Oh, fine. Stupid bird has it coming, but since it's such a big deal to you..."

But in either case, Ray was intending to follow closely behind Tessa. At least until V explained the situation to him. She gives him a small smile and a nod in response as he realizes the plan can't fail now. The rest of the group hangs back as Tessa scopes out the situation...

And soon she realizes that the crow is on it's way to an even shinier prize by now. Trailing the trajectory it took, she spies the Butler Drone carrying a serving tray -- and the prize that they were after was embedded within one of the snacks.

Oh no, it didn't seem like he noticed either, until her father did... Tessa signals for the others to hang back, and then immediately rushes into the room.

"Ahahaha, don't worry father! I think I just kind of... Overloaded his commands! I asked him to get me a screwdriver. Still trying to fix the others, you know."

She quickly picks the screwdriver out.

"So uh, thank you! And uh, I'll just take this one, too..."

She also picks up the snack that had a screwdriver stabbed into it... And then she winks to the Butler Drone, hopefully this gets him out of the mess. But even if not, they at least had the means to repair him now...

"Okay, byyyye!"

She waves and then quickly turns to leave. Not wanting to overstay her welcome now that she had the screwdriver (and a snack) in hand.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Raymu likes this post

Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:48 am

Once J reluctantly agreed to spare the troublesome bird at Ray's request, he clasped his hands together and smiled nervously at her, clearly relieved that she wasn't about to add crow to the list of the manor's dishes.

Murder Drones: The Elliot Manor - Page 2 Super_Nervous_Smile

"Thanks J..."

With that said, even though he couldn't enter the room, the technician's curiosity still got the better of him. Ray carefully opened the door to the room until it was just very slightly cracked open and peered in through the gap in the doorway. He watched that entire unfortunate scene unfold...

The butler stared in confusion as Tessa explained the apparent situation to him and her father. The butler's digital eyes clicked as he blinked silently.

"What? Lady Tessa, I didn't-"

Before he could clarify that he hadn't received a command like that, Tessa winked at him and ran off with a screwdriver snack...The butler and her father both stared in baffled silence...Apparently at a loss for words. Ray watched in surprise as Tessa walked to the door and stepped out into the hall, rejoining the others.

"Y...You actually got it?! I mean...Yes! Of course you did! I wasn't...Doubting- Uh, maybe I was a LITTLE worried...Only a little."

The sharp exhale he let out in pure relief from having his screwdriver recovered said otherwise. Still...With this he could finish his work. He gave the other four a nervous smile and a thumbs up.

"Let's go fix those drones...!"

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Today at 1:47 am

Ray ended up thanking J for deciding to show mercy to the bird. The Worker Drone simply places a hand on her own hip.
    "Yeah, sure. Don't know why you're being so kind to something that almost landed you in hot water."

Meanwhile, V fidgets slightly, gripping one hand with the other as she decides to speak up.
    "I think it's because he's very kind..."

As for Tessa? Well her plan was going brilliantly! Yes, it stopped the entire situation from escalating. Although the Butler Drone was confused, as he tried to explain that he didn't receive any such orders. But the young lady simply raises her index finger.

"A-buh-buh.", she signals vocally, hushing him.
    "Don't worry about it! I know you have a ton of duties and I kind of overloaded you. But it's all good!"

After she steps through the door, Ray can't help but express his surprise as Tessa takes a bite out of the snack whilst holding up the screwdriver with her other hand. Meanwhile she uses her foot to shut the door behind her. After she finishes the bite, she replies;

"'Course I got it, mate! I've been dealing with my family for a long time."

With that, she hands the tool back to Ray -- and now they can get back to fixing the Drones! V gives an eager nod at his words, and the group heads straight back to the room, just to be sure that no other mishaps occur.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Raymu likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:12 am