Magical gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Magical gamers

A forum for games, stories and much more!

One-Off: The Lab of a Human

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

One-Off: The Lab of a Human Empty One-Off: The Lab of a Human

Post by Amord Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 pm

[Consider everything here non-canon. This is a writing exercise.]

One-Off: The Lab of a Human Lab_drawn_by_moonslanstudio

The hum of machinery fills the room and halls of this place; even a layman would be able to tell that it is a laboratory. Headed by a particular individual known for the creation of unique specimens. A terminal stands in front of a massive shutter, it is currently impossible to see inside this space. The soft glow of the screen draws the attention of any passers-by.

On the screen it reads as follows:

[Entry: xxxx/xx/xx]

I have come across a most fascinating new specimen. By all accounts, they look like a Human. But they behave more like robots. Killing machines driven by cold logic. As well, their capabilities far surpass what Humans are capable of. Indeed, these match the findings of another specimen I am well aware of.

But yet, it differs from them as well. Indeed, this fascinating creature shares similarities with multiple things that I am intimately familiar with. The closest example I can draw from is the Grimm. They are composed entirely out of magic, but the energy signatures are only scarcely related to each other!

It's not just that the composition is different. But the output as well. They are capable of channeling their magic, and further tests showed that they also possess an Aura and a Semblance. At the time, I believed that there would be nothing that proved a more fitting selection for my experiments than the Arcana.

But then, I stumbled across these wonderful beings. Wings that sprout from their backs, halos above their heads. Each and every single one appearing as though it was designed for perfection, as if hand-delivered by a god.

And yet, as I studied them, I began to wonder: What if we chose to strive beyond perfection?

I knew that there was only one thing that I had to do...

[Tap to view Specimen]

A hand reaches towards the screen and presses against the button. A chiming blip rings out, and then the shutter begins to rise.

And so many more than just one specimen is revealed...

[Experiment AD-1]
    One-Off: The Lab of a Human Experimental_Organism_A-3

[Experiment AD-2]
    One-Off: The Lab of a Human Experimental_Organism_AD-5

[Experiment AD-3]
    One-Off: The Lab of a Human Experimental_Organism_XX-7

[Experiment AD-4]
    One-Off: The Lab of a Human Angel_Ghoul_MGQ

[Experiment AD-5]
    One-Off: The Lab of a Human Vouivre

Five different experiments... Each becoming more intricate than the last.... And the next message upon the terminal is displayed:

I simply had to discover what might happen...

If you combined the genes from an Arcana with an Angel.

And of course, to add our own technology to the resulting specimen...

I am quite pleased with the results, even if the first few attempts came out a little rough.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Aut viam ivenium aut faciam | I shall either find a way or make one

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:35 pm