Magical gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Magical gamers

A forum for games, stories and much more!

2 posters

A Touhou Game...

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

A Touhou Game... Empty A Touhou Game...

Post by Amord Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:45 am

Well, sort of. I thought of several interesting mechanics and features and wanted to share it to see what you two thought of it.

To start with, this would be a game that focuses heavily on adventuring, exploration, and puzzle-solving as well as combat. It would have RPG elements, leveling up and growing stronger.

You would be playing as an Outsider coming into Gensokyo. Sounds standard so far, right? Well, you'd be a Human but also you'd have a special ability. When you place on a certain mask, you can enter the body of a Youkai. Essentially gaining all of their powers and an appearance to show as such.

Catch is, you have to defeat a boss that has such powers. As some examples, to become a mind reader like Satori, you would be fighting a giant eye. And to become a Tengu, it would be a giant bird, etc.

Getting the Mask is the first step, it's separate from the leveling you've done as a Human. The new Youkai form could be leveled up and maxed out and then you could do a questline and specific dungeon to unlock it's EX Form. Doing this with all the obtainable masks would be optional, but besides giving you some wicked powers in each of your forms, it would unlock the ability to retrieve a final mask.

This mask can be leveled up and taken to an EX Form like all the others -- It's special ability is that you can then take it to a Phantasm Form by completing a final, optional Dungeon, which would probably make use of all of your Forms [Human and Masks].

The gameplay could change significantly between the forms. I was also considering a story in this fashion, and of course... An RP involving it. Probably with one of the existing topics, as that can be a plot that coincides with everything else.

What do you guys think?

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Aut viam ivenium aut faciam | I shall either find a way or make one
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

A Touhou Game... Empty Re: A Touhou Game...

Post by Raymu Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:07 pm

Sounds cool!

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    A Touhou Game... TowersignatureBorderSmaller
    More Things:

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:27 am