Magical gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Magical gamers

A forum for games, stories and much more!

The Princess and the Dark Witch [Sonic RP Prologue]

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

The Princess and the Dark Witch [Sonic RP Prologue] Empty The Princess and the Dark Witch [Sonic RP Prologue]

Post by Amord Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:38 pm

Eight years after Sonic had arrived in this world... And was thus crowned King Arthur, the rightful ruler of Camelot Castle, and the lands that stretched beyond it. He was supposed to have returned to his own world after his journey here had finished, but something had gone awry. Though one might have expected that he would be troubled by this development -- and indeed, it was surprising at first... He adjusted well enough when given some time.

His reign as King was interesting at first, to say the very least. He had to rely on the advice of those much more skilled in these matters than he was. Fortunately he had made many powerful allies in this world that were suited to such a task. The Knights of the Round Table were among them, of course. But so was Merlina the Wizard, and Nimue; the Lady of the Lake.

Though troubled at the start, he did eventually find his rhythm as King. With much insistence he also married... And then had a child of his own with his wife. Yes, this was among the advice that he was given. It led to the birth of the Princess.

But that all took place eight years ago. Now, the Princess was in a stuffy classroom which consisted of herself and her teacher, Merlina. She understood that all of these lessons were important, but it was just so boring...

Merlina sighs, closing her book and stepping over to her student... Then with a swift motion, gently whacks her with the staff she wielded. The Princess jolts awake in response.

"Huh?! Um, I wasn't sleeping!", she protested hastily.

Merlina gives her a look of worry.
    "I just caught you napping when you should be studying. Really, you're a bit too much like your father..."

The Princess gently rubs the spot of her head that had been given the infamous awakening tap. "I'm sorry. It just feels like these lessons will never end -- and all this sitting still!", she puts her hands on the desk and pushes herself up slightly as she speaks as though in revelation; "You should find out how to incorporate running around like dad does in these lessons! I could get really into it then!"

Merlina sighs once more. "Well, you certainly have his energy... And his impatience.", despite this, the Wizard can't help but smile. "But there's more to being the Princess than just knowing how to run fast or wielding a sword."

The Princess lets her head drop onto the desk in defeat, the rest of her body plopping back down into the chair along with the motion. "Ugh. I guess you're right..."

Merlina shakes her head at the sight, but nonetheless is smiling. "Alright. Let's have a short break, then. Perhaps you'll be able to finish the rest of this afterwards."

The Princess lifts her head and straightens out in her seat, giving a nod. "Right! Thanks, Merlina!"

With that, the young Hedgehog hops out of her chair and dashes over to the window -- she was certainly fast. Obviously it would be some time yet before she could move as fast as her father did, but that day would come. Camelot Castle was blessed with another beautiful day, one which she would very much rather be out there enjoying. But she knew that her studies came first.

Eventually she steps back from the window and her gaze naturally turns to the portrait hung up on the wall, depicting the King and Queen -- Sonic and Nimue.

Yes. Nimue had been an odd choice, all things considered. Especially considering her role in things. But Sonic was unconventional in many ways that she found refreshing. His method of courting her had been so amusing back then; but after a certain point... They ended up together. That was how the Princess came to be.

Merlina also gazes up at the portrait, feeling nostalgic.

"It's amazing to think of everything that has happened since then... You included, Princess."

The Princess throws her arms behind her own head and turns to Merlina with a grin. "The story of you and my father fighting, right? It's so hard to imagine you two being at odds!"

Just as Merlina is about to continue their conversation, it is interrupted by an awful tremor. Merlina stumbles slightly, but uses her staff to steady herself. The Princess wobbles and flails, but manages to steady herself as the tremor ceases.

Both of them rush to the window to see what has happened.

That is when they spot her. Morrigan. She wasn't alone either; she had brought seven Enforcers, and behind them was an army. One that looked a little too familiar for Merlina's tastes: They reminded her of the Knights of the Underworld. It was clear that they came here not for a peaceful visit. They came in force.

The Princess is able to spot her father with Excalibur in hand, ready to meet these foes. Worried, she looks to Merlina. Before they can consider what to do, the door to the room is broken apart by a huge weapon, and inside steps a Giant-One. Soldier-Ones soon follow. The Princess braces herself to fight, but Merlina acts quickly, twirling her staff and then tapping the end of it on the ground. Herself and the Princess are surrounded by a glowing sigil, and then they vanish on the spot.

... That is how Camelot Castle lost King Arthur, and it fell into the hands of Morrigan; whom came to be because of a trick by the Fairy Queen Mab, disguised as Nimue. She, too, had given birth to a daughter. Though this one held a dark power. She created the Seven Enforcers, who then became the Seven Super Emeralds, and in turn, the Seven Chaos Emeralds.

Her efforts did not stop there, though. She also forged a new sword, one that would truly crown her as the ruler of this world. Though her rule was opposed by many, ultimately she succeeded in her conquest. Though not without a share of challenges.

She may have been responsible for forging this new blade. But it did not declare her worthy. Still believing that she was the only one fit to wield it, she kept it in Camelot Castle. All the while, she was unaware of where the Princess had gone.

Merlina had spirited herself and the Princess away to a safe location. She described it as a Garden once tended to by her father. There, the Princess's training continued. For now she had new purpose; to defeat the Dark Witch that had stolen her kingdom, and slain her father.

Eight years passed since that fateful day...

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Aut viam ivenium aut faciam | I shall either find a way or make one
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

The Princess and the Dark Witch [Sonic RP Prologue] Empty Re: The Princess and the Dark Witch [Sonic RP Prologue]

Post by Amord Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:59 pm

Eight long years spent in total isolation -- yet safety. Merlina's efforts to train the Princess had paid off. By her estimation, she was now every bit the equal to her father... And yet, she worried. That same strength had lost to the one that took Camelot Castle under her rule. She would need to become stronger... But for that, the Princess needed something special indeed.

Merlina wrapped up her lessons for the day. Her student had become much more serious about learning after everything that had happened. On the one hand, she should be happy about that. But given the circumstances...

"We've spent long enough in here.", the Wizard began. "It's time that we made our move. I have been keeping tabs on everything that Morrigan has done from here. We have an opportunity now. Only now has her guard loosed enough -- along with your now being ready, Princess."

The girl straightens out at the title. But then shakes her head.
    "I'm not the Princess right now... With my Kingdom gone, I'm just Vaneera."

Still, she was curious what it was that Merlina was referring to, and the Wizard spent little time in elaborating; "Very well then, Vaneera. Morrigan has created a special sword of her own. But she has been unable to use it. Though it is guarded in the Castle, we may yet reach it."

She explains, and then adds: "Your father wielded the most sacred blade of them all. If anyone can claim the sword that Morrigan created, it is you. That is our goal."

Vaneera gives a nod. Then Merlina would point her staff at Vaneera, and magical energy would surround the Hedgehog. "First, we must ensure that you are not recognized."

Vaneera finds herself in a new set of clothes, and a red cloak. She had already gotten used to not wearing anything fit for royalty, but she had to admit; this fit her like a glove.
    "I like it... And I'm ready, Merlina."

With that, the Wizard gives a nod. Much like how they first entered this Garden, they would leave in the same manner. Returning to Camelot Castle after all these years. What they found was, surprisingly, not a desolate Kingdom. On the contrary, it looked mostly similar to how it did back before they had left.

The banners and flags had changed. As did the Knights that patrolled this Kingdom, but the people were still here. They did not look to be suffering, at least... Either way, this offered them the rare chance to move without drawing suspicion. Merlina had taken the time to disguise herself as well. The two of them were able to make their way inside the castle, thanks to the respective knowledge they held about the designs of it.

Merlina already knew where to go to find this sword. It was locked deep within the castle, and guarded. But it was nothing that Merlina could not handle with her magic. She had cleared a path for Vaneera, and now it was up to her to claim the sword.

Vaneera approached pedestal which the sword rested upon -- no, it was more like it was locked inside the pedestal. She reaches up to the hilt and grasps it tightly, and then tries to pull it free. As she does so...

"Hmm? Who are you?"
    A voice called out -- though not in the room. It was in Vaneera's mind.

This prompts the girl to flinch and look around. She had yet to remove her hands from the sword.

"Uh..."

The mysterious voice then spoke once more;
    "The sword. That's me. I'm speaking to you directly. Mother is the only one that comes here. But she isn't worthy."

Vaneera was a little confused. But nonetheless focused her gaze on the sword.
    "Well... Who is worthy?"

The sword remained silent, as if deeply considering that question. Vaneera gave the sword another pull, and then the voice spoke again.
    "You're impatient. But..."
    Vaneera was finally able to pin something about the voice; it sounded feminine, and it continues speaking after that observation.
    "Interesting. I'll go with you."

With that, it was as though the sword became weightless, and the pedestal was like air -- the blade flew free from it's bindings and caused Vaneera to stumble in response to the sudden change of force. But she does manage to keep her balance, and she marvels as the sword.

"So... What do I call you?", Vaneera then asks.

The sword hums with energy.
    "Caliburn. That is the name that Mother gave me."

Just then, Morrigan stepped through the door. Merlina acted as quickly as she could, utilizing her staff again. But this time Morrigan was aware of her foe -- and that evacuation spell only pulled the Wizard away.

She narrows her gaze at Vaneera, wielding Caliburn.

"So that is the trick..."

Vaneera spins to face Morrigan, and levels the sword in a readied stance.
    "You...!"

The sword spoke again; "Not here. Not yet. Escape."

Morrigan raised a hand, gathering magical energy. Vaneera considered her options -- and decided to break into a charge. Her foe unleashed torrents of dark magic, but Vaneera deftly dashes, jumps, and rolls between them. As the distance closes between them, Morrigan simply prepares to catch the incoming strike.

... But the strike never came, instead of trying to attack Morrigan, Vaneera fled past her with the sword in hand. For the first time, Morrigan looked shocked, and she turns quickly readying her magic once more. But by that point, Vaneera has already escaped and turned the corner.

"You won't escape that easily...", Morrigan spoke with an indignant tone of voice.

The Knights of the Underworld began to move with purpose, attempting to block Vaneera's exit from Camelot Castle. But with the sacred sword Caliburn in hand, she is finally able to fight them! She thrusts the blade true into the center mass of a Giant-One, breaking it's form apart in that simple motion.

She follows up with a slash to the left, catching a Soldier-One with a spear before it can properly brace it's weapon. Another slash to the right and she strikes a Crawling-One. Vaneera doesn't stop for anything, relying on her speed to get her out of this. Finally she makes it to the end of the hall, and jumps for the window. She slashes with the blade, breaking the glass apart and opening the way to the outside. Her momentum easily carries her through.

It is out here that Wyverns begin their attack in the skies. But Vaneera holds the sword up, and tucks into a spinning roll. Just like that she's both protecting herself and attacking all at once. She cleaves through any Wyvern that dares approach her in the skies. When she finally lands on the ground, she braces herself, and then Boosts her running speed even faster than before.

Caliburn glows with an awesome power in tune with this energy she's now emitting. Any foe that is caught in the vicinity is blown away by their combined power. Morrigan reaches the now broken window in time to see the white-gold streak racing through her Kingdom, and her army powerless to stop it.

She clenches her hands tightly into fists. Somehow, Vaneera knew to escape instead of face her in combat...

"Foul knave... You can't run forever. One day, I'll see you pay for this insolence, and I'll take Caliburn back!"

Vaneera did manage to escape from Camelot Castle... And now she had Caliburn with her. Though she couldn't count on anywhere in the wilderness being safe for long, she could at least take a breather now. She stops at a lake, and catches her breath.

It is there that the sword speaks once more.

"Why did you listen to me?"

Vaneera arches a brow at that question.
    "Is there a reason I shouldn't have?"

Caliburn considers this for a moment.
    "Hmm. I like you."

Vaneera grins at that.
    "Well, thanks -- so I gotta ask... Do you have a true form? Like the Seven Enforcers. I heard they turned into Emeralds."

Caliburn seems taken aback by this line of questioning, but nonetheless entertains it.
    "I can. But I am a sword; your sword. This is my true form."

Vaneera uses her free hand to rub her own chin in thought. Hmm... If Caliburn wouldn't change normally... Then she just had to get creative.
    "Are you sure you can? You REALLY can?"

Caliburn sounds a little annoyed for the first time. "Of course I can! You doubt what I can do after our showing earlier?"

Vaneera then shrugs. "Hey, no judgement. But it sounds like you're making a lot of excuses. It's OKAY if you can't, you know."

The sword rattled and hummed, then it flew out of Vaneera's hand, and began to shine with golden energy. Soon enough it had taken the form of a female Echidna.
    "There! See? I can do it!"

Vaneera just gave Caliburn a knowing smile in response. "Tricked ya."

Caliburn fell silent, casting her gaze to the ground in shock. How was she fooled by something so simple?
    "Honestly... You're more foolish than I thought!"

Vaneera can't help but laugh in response. "Aw, come on. You're so much more than a sword!"

Caliburn crosses her arms in a huff. "I don't have to be more than a sword!"

Vaneera thinks that over for a moment, and then asks... "But don't you want to be?"

Caliburn was once more at a loss. This time a loss for words. This was not at all what she expected out of someone she declared worthy. But it was happening all the same. At first she was going to simply dismiss the notion on the spot. But... Unusual as it was, she supposed it WAS nice that someone was finally treating her as more than a sword... That was all Mother ever wanted -- and she wasn't allowed to see anyone else until she listened to what Mother wanted.

Vaneera was like the polar opposite to that. Expecting Caliburn to decide for herself. Eventually the girl shakes her head.

"Absurd! You're quite the ridiculous fool!"

Vaneera just pointed at Caliburn afterwards. "And you named that ridiculous fool worthy!"

Caliburn turns with yet another huff. So... So infuriating!
    ... But she didn't need to feel things like that. They were unnecessary to a sword, weren't they...?

Vaneera calmly walks up and pats her on the shoulder.

"I think you need a proper name."

Caliburn turned her gaze to Vaneera. "I have one. It's-"

Vaneera shakes her head. "You have a sword's name... It was also the name of my father's sword. You're very much not THAT sword. So yes, you need a name of your own."

Caliburn was flabbergasted. But out of her own sense of growing curiosity, she fell silent as Vaneera continued... Whatever this was.

"I know!", Vaneera pulls her hand away from Caliburn's shoulder, and taps a fist onto her other hand's open palm. "I'll call you Motet!"

The Echidna seemed just as bewildered by this as she was with everything else. She once more turns away sharply from Vaneera.
    "Hmph! Do what you want! I'm your sword, anyway!"

And that was how Vaneera and Motet came to know each other...

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Aut viam ivenium aut faciam | I shall either find a way or make one

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:58 am