Magical gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Magical gamers

A forum for games, stories and much more!

4 posters

Murder Drones: Disassembly Required

Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 5 Empty Re: Murder Drones: Disassembly Required

Post by Raymu Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:10 am

N frowned slightly as the captain explained that Cloris seemed to be simply dealing with a lot right now. Rather than being upset with the woman, the disassembly drone spoke up.

"That sounds awful! I don't think anyone is grumpy for no reason
    Maybe she just needs to talk about what's bothering her with someone?"

N blinked in surprise as several shouts echoed through the ship, one of which was from the captain himself. N didn't really understand all of it...But she smiled at him when Karasu insisted he would explain all of this later, prompting a nod out of the drone.

"Right!! In the meantime...Should we join her on the bridge? It looks like things are gonna start picking up!"

V insisted Ray would have done the same for her if their roles were reversed, something that prompted a smile and a nod from him. As for J and Chaos...

"Yeah, he was checking out her "big vents" before you showed up."

The engineer smirked before chuckling. He definitely found himself agreeing with the drone when it came to pleasant memories...

"I think we could all use a lot of pleasantries right now. I think Cloris is so upset because she thinks we're not taking this seriously, but...Sometimes you have to make the best of a bad situation. We're all stuck here so we can at least try not to be miserable AND stuck."

Either way, they both seemed to agree that something was eating at Cloris...Ray frowned for a moment, shaking his head.

"Whatever it is, I'm gonna have to have a heart to heart later. If she keeps going like this the crew might start fighting. Division is the LAST thing we need."

V definitely had a lot to say about potential scavenging sites, Ray takes in everything she had to say carefully, rubbing his chin...He thought it over with an audible "Hmmm" before answering her.

"I imagine they stripped a lot of components out of your ships since the human element was out of the equation, but there's bound to still be a lot of usable parts all the same...Are these ships of yours close to the bunker we're taking the other two to? If that's the case I think we should go for those ships first and fan outwards. The radio station should be east of there from what I'm seeing...We can go there next, and then finish the job with the other places you have in mind. I think prioritizing places we know will have useful supplies first would be ideal."

As he said all of this the engineer was referencing a digital map on his wrist device. Chaos climbed into the back seat of the roamer while he was planning..."Had fun you two?" Prompted him to give Chaos an unamused stare as the engineer turned his head to look at the rear-view mirror. Ray's stare soon turns into a smirk as he speaks up.

"I dunno, but what about you? Did you have fun checking out J's ass again?"

Still...Ray noticed the pillows, prompting him to raise an eyebrow.

"Why'd you bring those along for by the way? Planning to get a nap on the way or something?"

Once J arrived it would be time to head out...Ray reached up to a panel mounted on the ceiling and flipped five switches. Each one turned on a different light mounted on the roamer, and each one filled the garage with more light. With the lights operational, the engineer flipped a switch on the radio that was installed in the middle console, and then lressed down a red button, holding it down.

"Testing Roamer comms. Is anyone on the bridge able to respond to this? Check, check..."

His message came in clearly in the bridge, awaiting a response from them. If they answered, Ray would smirk, adding an extra message specifically for J.

"The science officer brought some pillows, you'd better come to the roamer before he falls asleep on us."

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 5 TowersignatureBorderSmaller
    More Things:
    Nothost
    Nothost
    Super Friend
    Super Friend
    Three years
    You've been a member for three whole years!

Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 5 Empty Re: Murder Drones: Disassembly Required

Post by Nothost Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:15 am

Cloris looked over at J, staring at the smile. She was rather surprised that it wasn't her signature smirk. Did she want her to be happy?

"Well, it's a moot point if we can't contact other disassembly drones."

Cloris paused, looking back over her shoulder at J again. "What would you suggest to relax J? Many of my usual outlets aren't available to me right now. I'll be more in the zone when I start working, but when I'm not working, I'm not very good at relaxing."

When they talked about mental health, Cloris raised a hand, opening and closing it. "Humans and drones shouldn't be separated. The only difference between them is what they're made of. And that can change in a heartbeat, given the right circumstances. You never know when you might need a new arm or a new leg."

Cloris paused, lowering her hand and turning around. She looked over at J.

"I don't disagree that we need to take care of our mental health J. But right now it's absolutely critical that we set ourselves up for success. Things are only going to get harder if we don't do that."

Cloris realized her mistake the moment the captain brought up N's innocence. Right. She wouldn't know anything about that. Cloris yelled back at the captain.

"I'LL TAKE CARE OF THAT WHEN I'M DONE IN HERE!"

And then V had to time in. She yelled back at the android.

"WELL SOMEBODY HAS TO BE FOCUSED V!

Cloris huffed, crossing her arms and looking at the ship AI.

"Okay AI, I'm ready now. Display the schematics now.

While that was happening, Ray's voice came in through the radio. She pressed down a red button, reaponding to him.

"Loud and clear Ray. You can head out whenever you're ready. Radio us at least once every hour, over.

Another person then logged onto the Dream Deck 2600. And butted into the chat.

DarkXWolf17: "Okay, that's not suspicious at all. Hey Allsolver, don't tell this guy anything."

Last edited by Nothost on Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:52 am; edited 3 times in total
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:44 am

J would then clear her throat slightly to interject -- there was a reason that she specified just 'Drone' after all.

"There are Worker Drones though. Ones that aren't corrupted, I mean. In any case, that's why we're doing this to get into contact with the others."

Still, Cloris definitely seemed to be uptight... Which was a very loaded observation considering that was coming from J. The Disassembly Drone crosses her arms and thinks over the question about how to relieve stress. There was all this talk of not having any outlets, and she was better when she was working, but...

"Well, you're working right now, and you only seem to be getting more stressed."
    With that observation pointed out, Cloris then remarked about how Humans and Drones shouldn't be separated, especially as things could really blur the line between them nowadays...

"That's true... So you should know that I can see the signs of someone heading towards a breaking point."

J then places her hands on her own hips.

"You just hopped out of cryo and you're already in the thick of things. You have the Disassembly Drones here helping you, and the rest of your crew is in better shape. Take a break, have something to eat, have a drink, and just. Slow. Down."

That was the advice that she had to give Cloris, and one could certainly see that she meant every word of it. About at this point, the Ship AI then chimes in.

"I'm inclined to agree with J. Spare some time for yourself, Cloris. Otherwise you may suffer a mental break when you're needed most."

When it came to the subject of the third legs that Humans have, well... J couldn't help but let out a groan.
    "N... How she's still so innocent, I'll never understand."

And then there was the shout from V. J decided it was best to just stay well out of the way of that one. The Ship AI seemed to be of the same mindset, now choosing to display the schematics as per Cloris's wishes.

"Here you are. I've highlighted relevant sections and parts that are related to our current tasks."

Shortly thereafter, Ray tested the comms from the Roamer, and Cloris answered. At first it was nothing of note -- but then he added an extra message for J.

"Well. If there's nothing else, it looks like I better go join them. If you need anything more in-depth, N should be able to help you with that. She loves doing anything."

With that remark, J starts her exit to the vehicle bay.

As for the Captain and N, she remarks how awful it is, and then adds that no one is just grumpy for no reason, and begins to speculate on ways to help her. Karasu gives a nod at that.

"Yeah, you're right. She's been on edge for awhile now. I don't think that scare back with that captured Drone really helped things, either."

With that, N then questioned if they should head to the bridge now, and the Captain replies with;

"Yes, we should. For the time-being it's probably best if each group sticks together."

Along the way, the pair of them would pass J -- and N could tell that for once, she was in a really good mood. Smiles and all. Almost like she was excited to go meet up with someone...

And then, shortly thereafter, they'd arrive at the bridge, to find Cloris already at work, and the Ship AI assisting her.

"Sorry we got held up there."
    He states, and then he moves onto a more pressing issue...
    "... How are you feeling, Cloris?"

He then asks, his tone of voice only making it clear that his concern was genuine.

V lets out a little gasp at Ray's explanation.

"You're kidding?! Really?"
    V then giggled afterwards, it was amusing to think about... J had been all business ever since they got here, but now there was a whole new side of her, apparently.

Still. She could kind of get it, Ray seemed to be having that effect on her too. Maybe it was for different reasons, since in her case it was nice to just... Drop her guard for a little while. Even when they weren't fighting, she was always on edge about something, but she didn't have to be that way around him.

Speaking of which, the Engineer then brings up an excellent point regarding Cloris's behavior.

"Yeah... She needs to do something to chill out. I don't know what it is, but I do know that you can only go so long like that before it starts taking a toll on you."

She replies, and Ray seems to be of the same mindset that something had to be done there. He was a little more concerned about possible division in the group, but even setting that aside...

"Even if it doesn't lead to arguments and division with the others, if she feels isolated, that's only going to make it worse."

... Yeah, V knew something like that a little too well. It's why she was able to get lost in something more primal, all the fighting and disassembling... It got her mind off of things for awhile. It wasn't really a perfect solution though. She was starting to realize that.

In any case, Ray grew thoughtful at her suggestions of where to start their expedition. It seems like he already had an idea of what to expect, and was building a route based on that. It was impressive and efficient. But V gives a nod instead of just musing on that.

"That sounds good to me. The ships were automated and one-way. One is fairly close to a bunker too. That should make for a good starting point."

Shortly there afterwards, Chaos joins up with them, primarily setting up in the back of the Roamer. He also asks another teasing question. By this point V is "standing" on her knees in order to face him from where she's otherwise seated. Ray is the first to speak up though, and V only adds onto that.

"Yeah. Those "vents" must be a real handful, huh? I'm sure if you asked, she might let you inspect them."

In any case, the fact that he brought blankets and pillows wasn't lost on either of them. Ray asked the obvious question of why he was bringing them along.

"Well, I guess it will be a little cold. So the blankets aren't a bad idea. Let's hope we aren't out long enough for the pillows to be necessary."

In any case, there is soon one more addition to the Roamer's passengers, as J also climbs into the back, soon spotting Chaos in his little setup, she joins him whilst giving him another smile.

"Sorry I'm late. I think the Ship AI is having to compensate for the lack of power, and the damage sustained. But we got it done."

Noting that he was buckled in, J begins to do the same, and on that note, V begins to shift back into her seat properly, and she also buckled in. Then she glances over at Ray and gives him a nod.

"Looks like we're all set."

For the moment, J hadn't noticed the chat that Chaos had gotten involved in on the Dream Deck 2600. Nor the users that were now responding on it. Mainly because she was more infatuated with him. But she'd notice soon enough, probably.

In either case, the messages start to roll in as he gives another response.

2Cool4Science: "Nice to meet you, where exactly do you live?"

DarkXWolf17: "Okay, that's not suspicious at all. Hey Allsolver, don't tell this guy anything."

AllSolver: "Suspicion seems unwarranted. Everyone on Copper-9 is in a bunker, including myself."

AllSolver: "2Cool4Science. You are not worried about the Disassembly Drones finding you on the surface?"

AllSolver: "It sounds as though you wish to come visit me."

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Aut viam ivenium aut faciam | I shall either find a way or make one
    CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years

Post by CivilProtection Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:32 pm

"You two... shut up! I was never staring at hers ass!" I said with a heavy blush "...Atleast you two shouldnt have known about it" I added silently

I responded to Ray's comment about the pillows. "While you three sleeping beauties got plenty of rest, I was up all night doing... ...things, so yes Im going to take a nap if I can."

I smile back when J joined us in the Roamer. "Hey J, you good?"

While we where talking, half my attention was towards my Dream Deck.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AllSolver: "Suspicion seems unwarranted. Everyone on Copper-9 is in a bunker, including myself."

AllSolver: "2Cool4Science. You are not worried about the Disassembly Drones finding you on the surface?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I responded.

2Cool4Science: "I understand that most Worker Drones is in hiding from the Disassembly Drones, so I guess thats why you dont want to reveal your location DarkWolf. But dont worry, I dont mean harm."

2Cool4Science: "AllSolver, I do not fear the disassembly drones. They are in fact very interesting drones. And yes I'd like to meet you, I never saw a worker drone in person!"

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 5 Firmablackrockshooter-1-1
    Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 5 CpmariokartlicenseMurder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 5 Uwhm8

Click Me!

*Loves Alice Margatroid, but dresses up as Nue Houjuu* *Seems Legit*
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:45 pm

N frowned, following the Captain to the bridge as they talked.

"I think that would bother me too. But...I'm sure she'll be okay as long as she has us!"

N's digital eyes made an audible click as they shifted into triangle shapes. She smiled cheerfully, almost lighting up the dim corridors of the ship. Her expression changed as they passed by J. She seemed...Really happy about something. N raised an eyebrow at that, looking a little confused. Although she soon resumed smiling and turned to face J.

"Oh, J! Good luck out there! Don't do anything I would do! Haha!"

And with that the support team had been assembled. N watched quietly as the captain showed concern for Cloris. The drone rubbed the back of her head, glancing around nervously.

"Maybe it's not my place to say this but...You can always open up to us if you need it. I think the others want you to be okay, and I don't know you all that well but...I guess I do too."

Ray shook his head, grinning at V when she expressed disbelief.

"I'm completely serious! She definitely noticed too."

He takes in everything V has to say about Cloris and gives a sigh, nodding as his grin was soon replaced with a small frown.

"I gotta agree with that, much as I hate to...There's no way I can just leave things alone if she's suffering like that. Hmm..."

His frown is soon replaced by a smile as looks over at V.

"I think I might know just the thing to lift her spirits. Long as you don't mind a slight detour while we're out there."

He takes in everything V has to say about theor scavenging route. He notes it all down on the digital map, giving the drone a nod to confirm he understood.

Of course, Ray couldn't resist teasing Chaos, especially when V joined in.

"Hey, what you do with J's vents is
    between you two."

And speaking of J, she showed up right on time, climbing in and buckling up. The engineer gave Chaos a brief nod, looking back.

"Right...I forgot you weren't in cryo for the whole trip. V's right though, those blankets will help either way. ...Well, just hang back and relax. We'll wake you up when we get there."

Cloris responded to the test signal and indicated he was coming in loud and clear. The IT Officer ended her response by giving the four of them an krder; check in every hour over comms!

"Gotcha. I'll make sure to update you as we make progress out here too. Not gonna leave you three in the dark."

Ray paused for a moment before cutting the line. He frowned a little bit and spoke to Cloris.

"Hey Clori? We're gonna fix this. You've got my word on that."

V gave the signal, they were all set...Ray strapped himself in and pressed the comms button down.

"Aegis, please depressurize the vehicle bay and cycle the door open."

He let go of the button and then a moment later the room fell dark as an alarm began to sound. A loud hissing sound was followed by the large door facing the Roamer slowly lowering down...It stopped short of fully opening however, it had gotten stuck against a snow drift. Thankfully however it was just low enough for the Roamer to clear the ceiling. Ray smirked.

"You three better hold onto something."

He pressed the big red button down again.

"Aegis, lock the Roamer into the catapult and fire."

A loud metallic click rang out as steel latches grabbed the Roamer's wheels, holding it in place. Though muffled, the cab was filled with the sound of hydraulic pistons moving slowly. The Roamer shook slightly as the floor beneath it shifted.

Finally, orange alarm lights began to spin up as a final click was heard.

"Roamer...Sortie!!"

Ray moved the gear shift into drive and the catapult launched the entire vehicle as it struck the door and drove right off of it like a ramp. Gravity briefly left the four of them as the Roamer sailed through the air...And it then it landed with a heavy thunk, the shock absorbers doing their job and instantly bringing it back to normal as the truck drove off at high speed away from the ship and into the dark frozen wasteland. Every single flood-light built into the Roamer flooded a wide circle around it with a blinding white gleam. Everything for at least half a mile around them was clearly visible.

"Woohoo!!! What a rush!!"

The spotlight that was the Roamer soon disappeared behind the terrain for those watching from the ship. Though even when it wasn't visible, one could still see its lights illuminating the area from a distance as well as the roar of its engine echoing off into the blizzard...

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Nothost
    Nothost
    Super Friend
    Super Friend
    Three years

Post by Nothost Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:45 am

Cloris let out a low laugh. "It would kind of put a damper on my dating plans if you had to disassemble my date. Or if they got infected by this rouge AI. I'd be setting myself up for a heartbreak."

Cloris didn't say anything at first. She kept busy, looking at the display screen. J really went into things, suggesting taking some sort of break. And then the ship AI chimed in. Cloris looked over at her, shaking her head in bemusement.

"I must be in really bad shape if an AI I created is telling me to take a breather.

Cloris then looked over at J. "I'll do that after I study your layout. Just take a little time to get used to the situation."

Cloris's conversation with Ray was standard. But then she blinked in surprised as he called her Clori. She hadn't gotten a nickname like that before. She smiled behind her mask.

"Thank you Ray. We’ll keep in touch with you.

Then the captain and N showed up. She looked at the both of them, nodding. ”I’m fine for now. I’ve just got to this done.

Cloris then turned back to the schematics, studying them carefully. She took note of the more interesting elements of J’s design.

2Cool4Science: "I understand that most Worker Drones is in hiding from the Disassembly Drones, so I guess thats why you dont want to reveal your location DarkWolf. But dont worry, I dont mean harm."

2Cool4Science: "AllSolver, I do not fear the disassembly drones. They are in fact very interesting drones. And yes I'd like to meet you, I never saw a worker drone in person!"

There was a pause. Then Darkwolf threw out a response.

DarkXWolf17:”Riiiight. You’ve never seen a worker drone before. Have you gone through your whole life without looking in a mirror?”

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 5 2pq8T3s
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:34 pm

Just before J had left the room, she did have one last thing to say to Cloris.

"The "official" mission is to disassemble the Drones. But at this rate, the actual mission is going to come to light, so... We might not be disassembling them for much longer. Just the corrupted ones."

J admitted, glancing back at the woman.
    "Food for thought. Things are going to be changing now that you're all here, and because you know the truth."

J then leaves Cloris with that to think about.

Karasu then nods in agreement with N -- she was the only one aside from J that got a firsthand taste of whatever was going on with that recording. Although Chaos saw it too, he seemed less worried, all things considered. Cloris though, she was in an outright panic at the time... And that kind of tension doesn't just go away. Not until she feels fully safe.

"Well, the safer we can make the ship, the sooner she can start to relax a little, I think."

As for the brief meeting between them and J -- the twin-tailed Disassembly Drone rolls her eyes at N's words.
    "Yeah, yeah. I thought you liked doing anything, though?"

That was... Remarkably a much softer retort than what J usually gave out for N. She must REALLY be in a good mood after all. Finally however, the pair has met up with Cloris, and she seems set on getting this last bit of work done.

"Alright, Cloris. We'll help out where we can."

The Captain then offers his assistance. As for Aegis... She didn't seem to like that Cloris was going to continue working, but...

"I'll do the same. The sooner you can take your break, the better."

The AI then begins working with Cloris on these schematics, and taking a deeper look into things.

"Wow. And she wasn't... You know, upset?"

V couldn't help but ask, curious as to what was going on between J and Chaos. Especially since Chaos himself wasn't going to give the full story.

"Yeah, that just makes it sound like you absolutely did."

She replied to the Scientist, and then returns her attention to the Engineer. Ray soon comes up with a possible idea to help Cloris... It would just involve a slight detour. V personally didn't mind, and that was why she was going to reply;

"That's fine! It sounds like she definitely needs it."

And now... With everyone gathered in the Roamer, they were ready to set off. Ray gives the go ahead to Aegis to start the process, and the AI soon responds:

"Understood. Depressurization beginning now."

The Klaxons sounded off, and machinery begins to hiss and thunk as the atmosphere equalizes with the outside of the ship. Finally, the hangar door begins to open -- though just as Ray observed, it couldn't quite open fully. Not that it would be a problem for the Roamer, it had enough clearance.

If it didn't, Aegis would have given him a heads up about it.

Ray then tells them to hold on, and V gives a nod and does so. And then... The Catapult begins to lock into place, as Aegis announces so;[/i]

"Roamer locked into Catapult. Launching in three... Two... One..."

And then, the launch! V grins widely as they're practically launched out of the hangar.

"Wooooo!"

Clearly, she was enjoying the high speed launch, treating it much like one would a rollercoaster ride! Ray seemed to be enjoying it just as much, too!

J gives a nod at Chaos's question.
    "I am now."

J then looks at the Dream Deck 2600 just as Chaos does, and she soon realizes he's talking to someone... Actually, a couple someones. But she refrains from commenting just yet -- she wants to see where this leads. Especially since she does recognize one of those names...

DarkXWolf17:Riiiight. You’ve never seen a worker drone before. Have you gone through your whole life without looking in a mirror?

There was a little bit of a pause from AllSolver's end as well, but soon...

AllSolver: "How very interesting. You do not fear Disassembly Drones, and you have also never seen a Worker Drone before."

AllSolver: "Then, what are you? I am very curious about you as well."

J then places a hand on Chaos's shoulder.

"Be careful about that AllSolver... I have my suspicions about who they are."

But nonetheless, she doesn't attempt to prevent him from communicating further with these two. At about that time, Ray mentions for them to hold onto something -- and J decides to take her opportunity, and immediately wrap her arms around Chaos.

Yes, it was another advance on him, but also just in case the launch was rough, she could help keep him steady or safe.

Last edited by Amord on Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years

Post by CivilProtection Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:57 pm

"Damnit... ...since Chloris isnt here, it was a great sight." Assuming J wouldnt mind that comment I wouldnt get bitch slapped by her.

I read the messages and think about J's comment. AllSolvers comment sounds odd, so I better pretend that Im some kind of drone or something. It might fool DarkWolf, but AllSolver seems way smarter than I thought.

"Alright, I'll be careful. That person might be able to track our location and that wouldnt be a good idea."

Just after I said that, the roamer launched. My mind flashbacked to when the ship originally crashed and I wouldve panicked if J didnt wrapped hers arms around me. I blushed. "Where were you when our ship crashed? Heh, I needed that. Thanks."

As the roamer settled, I try to cover up my statements in the dream deck group chats. I decided to play a Worker Drone trapped in an abandoned mine where my character slipped and lost its memories.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DarkXWolf17:”Riiiight. You’ve never seen a worker drone before. Have you gone through your whole life without looking in a mirror?”

There was a little bit of a pause from AllSolver's end as well, but soon...

AllSolver: "How very interesting. You do not fear Disassembly Drones, and you have also never seen a Worker Drone before."

I responded.

2Cool4Science: "Mirror? Ever since I found myself in this mine or something I havent found one, so I never had a chance to look at myself. My memories if fuzzy so I dont know exactly where I am. As to not being feared by the disassembly drones, after a collapse they cant really reach me. But I am lonely and finally got this PC working to communicate with someone."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully none of them noticed my plot holes in my story, as it'll be hard to dance around them.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 5 CpmariokartlicenseMurder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 5 Uwhm8

Click Me!

Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:44 pm

Bringing the ship back into order would allow Cloris to finally relax and catch her breath...It was a simple observation the captain made, but it was one N took to heart. Karasu letting Cloris know they'd help out where they could only drilled it into the drone's mind even further.

"Um...Captain? Excuse me!"

N interjected after Karasu finished speaking to Cloris, trying to get his attention. Once she did, the disassembly drone gave him a salute.

"I might not be very good at precision work, but I can do a lot of heavy lifting! Just point me in a direction and I can get it done really fast!"

Her main task was guarding the two crew members, but it was clear she wanted to do more in order to help Cloris sooner.

V asked if J had been upset by his actions, but before Ray could answer, Chaos did it for him. The engineer's eyes shifted towards Chaos as if to tell V "Well, what do you think?". And consider J was right there when he said it...

The Roamer was already well on its way, but the comms came to life with Cloris's voice, promising they would stay in touch on their end too.

"Reassuring to know we won't be in the dark out here. Thanks. We'll report in when we arrive at our first destination."

Was the brief response Ray shot back to the ship, he let up on the button, cutting their line for now. The Engineer's wrist device beeped at every "milestone" they reached enroute to their destination. He scoffed when Chaos mentioned not wanting this mysterious "Allsolver" to track them.

"You tell them 'I'd like to see you try'.
    We're moving 80 miles per hour right now. The Roamer might as well be built like a train!"

Indeed the Roamer blazed across the snow-blasted landscape at high speeds. It traveled for 30 minutes before the engineer's wrist device lit up, blinking rapidly.

"You are. 50. Yards from your destination."

The Roamer rolled to a stop as the front-mounted spotlights shined onto an obstacle ahead of them. The road had collapsed into a small crevice. It was easy enough to traverse on-foot, but there was a distinct risk the Roamer could get stuck trying to drive through it. Ray put the vehicle into park, unbuckling himself and taking hold of his helmet.

"Get suited up. We're gonna have to walk the rest of the way to the bunker. The drop pod is near enough that the scavenging team will follow along for now. Don't worry about having to walk back when you finish scouting; V and me will find another road into the area on our way back."

Ray finished securing his helmet and then waited for Chaos to do the same. Once they were both secure he opened the door and hopped out. He contacted the ship while activating the headlamp on his helmet.

"This is the scavenging team. Ray calling in. We're about 50 yards out from the bunker but the street here is trashed. We're going to walk the rest of the way. Everything's quiet so far."

The streets were filled only with the whistling winds blowing between the ruined buildings. "Quiet" was an understatement. The engineer glanced up at the buildings with a suspicious eye.

"Let's not split up until we reach the bunker...I don't like the look of this place."

He waited for the other three to be ready before he hopped down into the shallow crevice.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Nothost
    Nothost
    Super Friend
    Super Friend
    Three years

Post by Nothost Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:12 pm

Cloris paused, considering what J said. Then she looked ahead, walking towards the bridge.

"Let's just make it through all of this alive. Then we can think about what comes after."

Later on, Cloris nodded at the captain. "Thank you captain, N. Now then…"

Cloris studied J's schematics, taking notes and muttering things like. "What an interesting design choice. At least until Ray contacted her again.

"Roger that Ray. I'll hear from you again when you get there."

At least that was the original plan. Ray reported in some blockage on the road. She immediately responded back.

"Okay Ray. Just make sure you and the others secure the Roamer. And make sure you can find your way back: the snowfall is going to get rid of your tracks as you go."

There was a pause. Then Darkwolf threw out a response.

2Cool4Science: "Mirror? Ever since I found myself in this mine or something I havent found one, so I never had a chance to look at myself. My memories if fuzzy so I dont know exactly where I am. As to not being feared by the disassembly drones, after a collapse they cant really reach me. But I am lonely and finally got this PC working to communicate with someone."

There was a quick response from the user with the edgy name.

DarkXWolf17: "How do you have an internet connection in a fricking mine? Especially when there hasn't been a mining accident. 2Cool4Science, quit dodging the question. What are you?!"[/color]
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:03 pm

"Hm? What is it, N?"

The Captain replies as he turns to her, and the Disassembly Drone gives him another salute. He smiles and then states;
    "No need to be so formal. This isn't a Military or Navy operation."

Soon afterwards, N then explains that she wants to help out with something, and also admits she's not the best at tasks requiring precision. Karasu thinks it over for a second, before giving a nod.

"Well. There are several areas of the ship that could use a thorough patrol and clearing. The damage is better than what it could have been, but still. Making it more secure will eventually involve patching up any holes and clearing away rubble."

With that, he steps over to a console and pulls up the blueprints of the ship. With a few tweaks he's able to designate areas that were quarantined for safety earlier.

"These are the parts of the ship that were sealed off. There might be more of those corrupted Drones there, and also possible entry points for them. Basically, go through, assess the damage, and take out any threats. If you find anything that's excessively damaged or blocked by rubble, make a note of it."

Karasu explains, and then steps aside before then pointing at the console.

"You can use this to download the blueprints, and then you should be able to make notes as you go. If it's too dangerous, then head on back and seal the doors again."

With that, he then turns his attention back to N properly.

"Oh yeah, one more thing. I also marked where you can take any rubble, scrap, or parts so they can be re-used later."
    Thinking he's gone over everything, Karasu then asks...

"Any questions?"

It looked like Ray was about to answer her question, but then Chaos went and did that himself. V can't help but look back at him and J, more than just a little amazed at what she just learned.

J simply gives a calm shrug.

"He appreciates good assets when he sees them."

V shakes her head after hearing that from her fellow Disassembly Drone, and soon returns her attention back to the front. As for J's timely embrace, it seems to have had quite the positive impact on Chaos, who appreciated it and mused on where she was during the initial crashlanding...

"Well, I stayed pretty clear of the crash site once I saw what was happening, but... You're right. It would have been another opportunity to do this. Bit of a shame I wasn't there for that."

She smirks, leaning into it a little bit more.

"I suppose I'll just have to make up for lost time, then."

The other subject of note was Chaos revealing that he was in contact with someone, and Ray simply took it as a challenge for that individual to try and track them.

J decides it's time to interject at this point.

"If it's who I think it is, I doubt they would make any bold moves anytime soon. But we should still be careful about potentially inviting trouble from them."

And in the chatbox... The user with the colorful name drops their latest message;

DarkXWolf17: "How do you have an internet connection in a fricking mine? Especially when there hasn't been a mining accident. 2Cool4Science, quit dodging the question. What are you?!"

Soon after, more messages follow from the other user.

AllSolver: "Relax. As you are well aware, the planet did suffer quite the explosion."

AllSolver: "If their memory has been affected by such an event, it is understandable they would think it a mere mining accident."

AllSolver: "Still. You are trapped down there? Perhaps a rescue should be organized."

It seemed that AllSolver wasn't really suspicious of Chaos, at least... Though given what J had been saying before, that only invited more suspicion onto them.

After about thirty minutes of driving, Ray's device lit up they were notified that they weren't too far off from their destination now. One big problem though. The road was out -- no way they could safely traverse it with the Roamer, so... Going on-foot seemed to be the only call to make here.

Ray had already deduced such and was preparing himself accordingly. He called out for the others to do the same and then listed off what the group should do. V gives a nod and helps him suit up to the best of her abilities.

Although the twin-tailed Disassembly Drone seemed reluctant, she ultimately did let Chaos go, and then she'd begin to help him suit up as well. Regardless of how the chat was going, they'd need to focus on their work now. Perhaps that was for the best.

Finally, when everyone was ready, they had stepped out of the Roamer. Ray was the first to comment on how unnerving the situation was, though. V gives an understanding nod.

"Yeah. The whole planet is like this, more or less... I'd say that you get used to it, but it seems like the sort of thing you probably shouldn't get used to."

All the signs of civilization, quite literally frozen in place and falling apart because of the assault of the elements. It was a disheartening and concerning sight. The weather didn't exactly help things on that front.

In any case, J voices her agreement with Ray;

"Yeah. We'll stick together for now. The Bunker isn't very far from here, at least. We're pretty familiar with the terrain around here. So we should be able to lead the way for you."

V then perks up.

"I'll take point! J, you can cover our backs!"

J then gives a nod.

"Fine by me. You two can stay in the middle, that way if anything does happen, we can keep you covered."

The twin-tailed Disassembly Drone directs the latter half of that to Ray and Chaos.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years

Post by CivilProtection Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:42 pm

"J is clearly the more attractive drone, and dresses more formally." I said with a smirk

"Ah, that explains a bit. I knew I was being watched while the others was waking up." I replied to her "Then lets make up for lost time!"

We had to stop as there is debris blocking our way. This will most likely be my last message so I'd have to come up with a lie that'll make the edgy one believe it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DarkXWolf17: "How do you have an internet connection in a fricking mine? Especially when there hasn't been a mining accident. 2Cool4Science, quit dodging the question. What are you?!"

AllSolver: "Relax. As you are well aware, the planet did suffer quite the explosion."

AllSolver: "If their memory has been affected by such an event, it is understandable they would think it a mere mining accident."

AllSolver: "Still. You are trapped down there? Perhaps a rescue should be organized."

I replied

2Cool4Science: "There was a human engineer who had to work on us Drones that would need to have maintenance on every one in a while. The guy had a computer down here to communicate with staff up above. Atleast thats what I assume what he did, thats his corpse right next to me, still frozen."

[We are about to leave the roamer, so I gotta come up with another lie. DarkWolf wont believe me, but it wont matter since we wont really meet up in real life]

2Cool4Science: "Im loosing power again, I dont know when I'll have power again and talk to you guys!"

>2Cool4Science logged off.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

J helped me suit up and we left the roamer together. I looked around the area and was saddened by the state of everything is. It looks like there was more than just a planetary collapse happened here. It looks more like a warzone but we'll never know for sure.

"We better be careful. These suits was designed for outer planet ship repairs, so if we trip it may be the end of it" I said to our group.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Click Me!

Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:48 pm

A quick reminder from the captain that this wasn't a formal gathering led to N slowly lowering her hand.

"Um...Right!"

The captain gave her a full list of tasks that could be done while they were waiting for the two teams to return. She took in each detail attentively. When he finished, N went over each detail to make sure she understood.

"Patrol the rest of the ship, clear out drones, report damage, and take scrap to the right spot!"

N stepped up to the panel Karasu pointed out just as he asked if there were any questions. N gave a nod as she looked back at him.

"Just one! ... How do I download things?"

At least N was trying her best...

V was helping Ray finish suiting up when Chaos happened to comment on how J was "the more attractive drone" and how she "dressed formally" compared to V. The engineer shook his head.

"I think the smartest thing I can do here is refuse to answer that."

He definitely found V attractive, but he would die of embarrassment to admit that here and now - Especially in front of V herself. Besides he didn't dislike J and also wasn't really interested in insulting her, directly or otherwise.

"If you're saying to take this "Allsolver" person seriously then I'll trust your judgement."

He commented briefly on what J said as the four of them exited the Roamer. Chaos seemed concerned about damage to their suits, but the engineer shook his head.

"Relax, as long as your helmet's visor doesn't get damaged we can patch up any cuts or tears on our suits with this."

Ray reached into the Roamer and took out two rolls of heavy duty tape, tossing one over to Chaos.

"I know what you're thinking, but I swear this isn't ducttape. It's a special sealant tape that forms tightly to the area you apply it to. Normally it's supposed to be for pipes exposed to extra-planetary conditions, but it will work just as good for patching holes in our suits. It uh...Doesn't work as well with glass though. So keep your visor guarded as best as you can manage."

Ray directed that information to all three of them - If the two humans were unable to patch their own suits then J and V would need to know everything they could about this sealant tape. With that information put forth, he gave J and V a nod, acknowledging their suggestions.

"Lead the way V. I'll keep my eyes open for danger and alert you if something's up."

Ray waited for V to get ahead of him before he started walking. The helmet's spotlight danced across the walls of the buildings that surrounded them. He couldn't help but nod when V mentioned how it wasn't exactly a good thing to be used to this kind of scenary.

"It's a little sad...This place used to be full of life. All of that just gone in an instant."

It wasn't long before a set of spotlights came into view, each light mounted above a massive steel door. A sign on the wall marked this place as "Outpost 3". Several warning signs lined the walls, mostly messages about "Evactuation protocols" and "Lining up single file and entering in an orderly fashion". Ray walked up to these signs, brushing snow off of one of them. This psrticular sign was an "evactuation map" that listed several other outposts as well as the route to each of them. There was a "You are here" marker next to Outpost 3, helping orient anyone reading the map.

"These guys were really prepared...Too bad it didn't do them any good."

Ray reached up and pressed a button on the side of his helmet. A burst of light followed by a click came from his helmet as he took a photo of the map. He called into the ship right after.

"Captain, Cloris? We're at the bunker. I've got something you need to see."

In a brief moment the picture of the map is sent to the ship for the others to see.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Nothost
    Nothost
    Super Friend
    Super Friend
    Three years

Post by Nothost Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:58 pm

"Captain, Cloris? We're at the bunker. I've got something you need to see."

Ray sent the picture of the of the map, and the display brought it up. Cloris paused, staring at it. Then she reached out and pressed her palm against the screen. She held it there for a few seconds. Then she pointed at one of the outposts.

"According to the recording I got, that rogue program devastated outpost 10. Ask J and V the status of the remaining ones. Perhaps we can find a pattern to its movements."

Cloris then went back to studying J's schematics. There was a few things she was unsure about. "I'll have to ask N some questions later. After I explain to her what a third leg is.

Chaos wouldn't have seen any further responses the moment he logged off. When they got to the bunker doors, anyone who put their ear against them would hear a voice shouting out in joy.

"Guys! My daughter is into doors!"

There would be some more snippets of conversation. Then suddenly the doors to the bunker would slowly begin to open. One could only imagine what would come out from behind it. Was it a big ruse from the rogue program to lure them in close? An attack force sent out by the inhabitants? Whatever or whoever it was, they must mean serious business if they were coming out from the protection that the bunker provided.
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:34 pm

As N recounted the objectives, Karasu gives an approving nod. She had the idea down perfectly... Or so he thought, as N steps over to the panel, she then turns her attention to him once more and asks a question that prompts him to blink in response.

Fortunately, Aegis steps up to the plate for this.

"Don't worry. I'll make the process very convenient for you."

With that, the hologram of the AI would hold her hand out to N, it was the same process as she had done with J, and once N reciprocated the gesture, the map and everything that Karasu marked for her would be transferred into her memory for easy access.

Shortly afterwards, Ray calls in with another report. They had reached the Bunker, and there was something they needed to see... The Captain steps over to see what was up here. Between the map and what Cloris was saying, it soon becomes clear exactly what they found. A map of the city, and of the bunkers that were set up for... Something.

It was hard to tell if it was what destroyed the planet, or something else. Sadly it appears that their efforts didn't see them safely through it. At least it wasn't in vain, though...

"Hmm. Good thinking, Cloris. Let's hope there is something we can use."

Maybe it was optimistic, but... Still.

V once more rolls her eyes at Chaos's comment.

"You probably wouldn't complain about the better view of her "vents" if she dressed like me."

Still, she did note that Ray refused to answer on that subject. V had a pretty good idea that it wasn't because he thought J was more attractive. Or at least, that was the assumption she was going to work off of.

In any case, the twin-tailed Disassembly Drone gives an appreciative nod as Ray declares that he'll take "AllSolver" seriously. Chaos soon after expresses his concern about the suits being damaged, but Ray soon presents a solution that will deal with such a scenario... Though he does mention that the visors should still be protected.

J and V both listen intently to his explanation of things, since it was obviously going to be important to know how to secure them if it came down to it. To that end, V speaks up.

"Got it. If there is any damage to the visors, let us know. We'll get you back to the Roamer as fast as we can."

After that, Ray voices his approval of V taking the lead, and she does so. The group sets off in their formation. The Engineer remarks on the sad state of affairs regarding the city, and V's expression shifts to one of sadness and worry.

"Yeah... I tried not to think about it. But seeing people again just shows how wrong all of this is."

Still, she tried not to lose focus. J seemed less troubled, but... Nonetheless it did bother her too.

"Maybe we'll be able to do something about all of this."

That vague comment was the most that J would say for now.

Soon enough they've reached the Bunker -- or at least it's exterior. Ray begins his inspection, and V does the same. Albeit her target is different from his, she once more approaches the door and presses her ear against it. Every now and then she could hear voices inside.

This time was no exception. She arches an eyebrow at what she just heard, and then she turns to the group.

"Hey, I can hear people talking."
    She declares to the group. Though V's expression reveals her confusion -- which was soon explained by her then adding;
    "One of them mentioned that his daughter is into doors."

J blinks at that revelation. She shrugs as V looks at her expectantly, and then V turns her attention to Ray and Chaos.

"That's weird, right?"

Then, suddenly, the doors begin to open. V immediately backs off, and moves to keep Ray and Chaos covered. J moves to do the same, and they've both got their sights trained on the entrance of the Bunker that was opening.

They had no way of knowing what was going to come outside, after all...

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years

Post by CivilProtection Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:44 pm

"Doesnt matter what J wears, I like her either way." I replied to V. Although if J wore the same thing, I'd request her to wear some pants.

Finally we reached the Bunker. It doesnt look like it can be easily hacked, and I believe the drones would change the locks after all the humans left. Knowing the edgelord Darkwolf, they all probably hate humans. That is until I hear a "Guys! My daughter is into doors!" and now I think they just are really into doors.

"I mean, I heard of some very weird fetishes, but... doors?" I said a bit confused. Who is even into doors? "Is... worker drones all this weird?"

Suddenly the doors begin to open by itself, and I await the doorlover who comes out of it.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Click Me!

Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:57 pm

Just before Karasu could answer N's pressing question, the onboard AI Aegis interjected, offering to handle that herself. The hologram reached an open hand out towards the drone...N hesitated for a moment as her digital eyes observed the hologram with a clicking sound. Slowly...Quietly...N reached out and took "hold" of Aegis's hand. The drone's eyescreen suddenly lit up with several file transfer notices.

"Whooooa?!"

The sensation of being filled with knowledge soon vanished, and with it N found herself fully understanding of her tasks and the ship's layout.

"Thank you Aegis! Captain! I'm off to do the super important crew-saving tasks! Just call if you need help and I'll come running!!"

N...Excitedly skipped away from the bridge, leaving the two humans alone with just Aegis for now. With the layout inside N's internal memory locating the quarantined sections of the ship was simple. She stepped up to the sealed door...And placed a hand on it, assuming that Aegis would respond accordingly.

If she did...N would step through. The difference was immediate and impossible to miss. The cordoned-off hallway had several hull breaches. The harsh wind blew through the holes, carrying with it snow and the sounds of desolation.

N walked down the hall...The fresh snow drifts had foot prints in them, making it clear that drones had come through here. As N's coat billowed in the wind she witnessed the first of many zombie drones stowing away. This one however...Had a destroyed eyescreen. It sluggishly clung to a crate that had been thrown into the hall. N stopped abruptly when the drone's head began to move. It spoke...The drone's voice was damaged and came through in heavy static that made it just barely audible above the howling winds.

"Hhh-hello? Is someone there? It's ccccold-cold here. cold here. cold here. cold here. c■■d ■■r■. ■■■■ ■■■■. ■■■■■■■■■■■■■-"

N frowned, her hand transformed into a blade as she stepped up to the drone. That distant staticy voice was now pure garbled noise.

"Sorry buddy..."

SHNK. The disassembly drone's blade sliced clean
    through the zombie's neck, severing its head and causing the body to go limp and drop to the floor as the head rolled away. When N looked up she noticed the source of the crate - The ship's storage room was opened up to the hallway currently; The door was being held open by a half-destroyed crate. N carefully removed the destroyed crate, setting it aside for now. The important thing was clearing the entrance. She stepped through the threshold into the pitch black room...

The almost deafening silence was cut through as the sound of metal sliding against metal rang out behind her. N quickly turned with her gun drawn, only to find the body she left behind was gone...Oil trailed across the floor and into a near-by vent. N frowned and turned back to the storage room, deciding to keep her guard up for now...

Ray looked to V and gave her a nod to acknowledge her request that they call it out if their visors suffered damage. V seemed to agree with his sentiment over how sad these ruins were...J didn't seem to say anything about the emotional side of things, but still had an interesting comment of her own...He gave J's words some thought briefly...And noted that away for later. Maybe there really WAS something they could do here...Right now it was a pointless endeavor though. As they watched the heavy steel door sitting silently, Ray waited for Cloris and Karasu to analyze the map he sent them. He watched as V put an ear to the door.

Ray perked up as V made an amazing discovery. There were people talking in there!!

"What?! Someone's alive in there?! What are they saying?! H...Hey try to get their attention! HEY!!! OPEN UP!!! WE'VE COME TO RESCUE YOUUUU!!!"

The engineer's expression fell into a look of pure disbelief as V relayed the conversation she was hearing. "One of them mentioned that his daughter is into doors."...When V asked if that was weird, Chaos was the first to answer. Ray...Still in shock, simply muttered to himself.

"you're shitting me."

He shook his head, sighing. The engineer crossed his arms and tapped his foot.

"I guess there's no accounting for taste..."

Finally Cloris called back, giving her input on the map he found. She asked him to question V and J as to the status of the other outposts. Although just as he was about to ask them...The bunker doors started to open. Ray's mouth almost fell open in shock as he stared blankly at the door. He pressed a hand to the side of his helmet, responding to Cloris.

"Hold that thought Clori. You're...Not gonna believe this. That bunker door is opening up..."

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Nothost
    Nothost
    Super Friend
    Super Friend
    Three years

Post by Nothost Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:44 am

There was so much they didn't know. The more they learned about all the bunkers, the better they could deal with their situation. How many bunkers remained intact was one such piece of information they could use.

"Let's hope things can keep going this smoothly captain. Hopefully we'll find something that will improve our situation."

And then Ray gave a surprising revelation: the doors to bunker 3 started opening. Cloris immediately responded, worry in her voice.

"All of you take cover! We don't know what's going to come out of that door.

"Uh, go doors!"

A lone figure stepped out into the open. The bunker doors immediately slammed shut behind her. For it was a female worker drone who could only be described as a goth teenager.

Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 5 Li2K4ol

She moved tentatively, taking in her environment. Then she stiffened as she looked down. The footprints Ray and the others left were clear in the throw. In a flash she drew her weapon, looking around the area.

"I knew I heard someone out here! I don't need to be saved! But you will if you don't come out of hiding! I've got a sick as hell railgun and I'm not afraid to use it!"

With one last part missing to make it work. That was the whole reason she lied her way outside in the first place. So why not keep lying? There was no way they were going to call her bluff: her railgun was big and intimidating to even look at!

Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 5 QfgYq7W

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 5 2pq8T3s
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:26 pm

As N expresses her surprise over the sudden file transfers, Aegis smiles softly.

"It's a little surprising the first time, isn't it? Don't worry."

It all went off without a hitch, and N is clearly eager to get right to her tasks, announcing as such to them. Karasu gives her a nod.

"Will do. Thanks, N."

He then turns his attention back to Cloris.

"Yeah, it'd be nice if we had some good news for a change. But let's not hold our breaths for this one, we might not have enough information to work off of yet."

As N approaches one of the sealed doors and places her palm on it, there is a brief moment of silence, before Aegis confirms her presence and activation.

"Opening the door now. Good luck, N."

With that, the door slides open with a hiss, and one could already feel the chilled air seeping in from the opening. Once N stepped through, the door slides shut, mainly to preserve the temperature for the Humans.

"I'll be monitoring your progress from here on out. If something happens, I'll direct you to the nearest exit, and we'll get you back to safety."

With that instruction given, N was left to her own devices. At least up until she found the malfunctioning zombie drone. Aegis's hologram appears once more, as she looks down at it.

"... I feel bad for it."

Regardless, she makes no moves to attempt to stop N -- it seemed like a mercy kill at this point. Her hologram fizzles out, but it does serve as a reminder that she is keeping track of things, even in the damaged sections of the ship.

... And as the body is suddenly dragged away, Aegis's voice chimes in again.

"Abnormality detected. Be careful, N. I think whatever did that is a lot more dangerous than those drones you fought before."

J smiles approvingly at Chaos's comment. V lightly shakes her head, but leaves it at that. More importantly though, Ray reacts quite noticeably to the fact that there are people inside. As he starts to raise his voice, V quickly moves over to him and covers his mouth.

"Wait! I heard voices, but we don't know who it belongs to, yet!"

Still, he managed to get some of his words out, and there was a possibility that whoever was inside heard that. V would then pull her hand away from Ray's mouth. Both he and Chaos had some... Interesting things to say about the apparent love for doors.

"I'm not messing with you... And... No, that's pretty weird even for Worker Drones."

J places her hands on her hips.
    "Well, we should probably-"

That was when the doors started to open. Ray immediately calls that in to Cloris, and she soon requests that everyone gets into hiding. J and V act quickly, pulling their respective Human partner along out of sight of the door. Still, their traces would be there because of the snow...

Soon enough, a lone figure steps out and then the doors slam shut behind them. J is the first speak in a hushed tone.

"Worker Drone. No corruption, but..."

The girl then draws her weapon, announcing that she has a 'sick-as-hell' railgun and she's not afraid to use it.

V then begins to whisper as well;

"I could probably st-"
    She pauses, then glancing over at Ray. She closes her eyes briefly and then opens them again, correcting herself.
    "I could probably steal her railgun."

J arches an eyebrow, and replies...
    "You were going to say you could stab her, right?"

V nervously glances between the railgun toting Drone and J, eventually replying;

"... No."

If V had been given the go ahead, she would begin to crawl up a wall, in order to get above the Worker Drone, and then she'd begin to carefully lower her tail into position. The goal here was to just hook that gun and snatch it out of her hands, but V needed to get the timing just right.

For the first time, she DIDN'T have that maniacal look on her face typically associated with Disassembly Drones, too. In fact, she seemed quite focused, as if really trying not to hurt whoever this was at the moment...

J, on the other hand, sticks with the two Humans.

"I'll cover you two."

The twin-tailed Disassembly Drone didn't seem too worried about V... At least, not because she was in danger. But this behavior was certainly new. She found it odd, but there would be time to talk about that later.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years

Post by CivilProtection Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:34 pm

I quickly go into hiding with the others. When the doorlover exited the bunker, I peak my head out to get a good look at it.

"Oh, she is kinda c..." I covered my mouth before we are spotted. She then demands we show ourselves blandishing a sickass railgun. I look over at Ray, giving off a 'I refuse to go another step!' face.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Click Me!

Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:57 pm

N jumped back in surprise as Aegis' hologram appeared. She drew her weapon and trained it on Aegis out of pure instinct but stopped short. After realizing it, the drone lowered her weapon.

"Um...Sorry! Haha..."

Still, despite her surprise, N was grateful to have someone watching her back. It put her a little more at ease given the situation they were dealing with right now...She gave Aegis a small nod on the subject of sympathy. What prompted far more of a response than that was Aegis' warning that an abnormality was detected; One that was very likely to be different from a mere drone. N's digital eyes hollowed as she glanced over her back at the hallway behind her.

"More dangerous...? H...Haha, well it's probably fine right? J and V will be back soon and they can take care of that one! It's not like...I gotta kill it myself..."

N's voice fell as she looked across the storage room and witnessed a hole that had been ripped right through the steel flooring. Oil lined the edges pf the hole and slowly dripped into it.

... N swallowed hard as she approached it, weapon drawn and ready to fire at a moment's notice. Once the disassembly drone closed the distance she carefully peered down into the hole...Her eyes lit up the dark abyss below...And landed on a strange steel appendage that quickly slithered away as soon as light fell onto it. The sound of steel hitting against steel echoed out from below as it retreated into the dark.

"Oooh robo-god?!"

N opened fire, filling the hole with several roubds before stopping. Her panic firing echoed through the entire ship, even reaching the bridge...

"What was that?!"

Meanwhile, a single yellow eye watched Cloris and Karasu from within a vent on the bridge. It waited for their attention to be drawn away so that it could drag the remaining drone bodies into the vent...

Ray had attempted to call out to the people inside, though before he could say very much V moved a hand firmly over his mouth.

"HE-Hrmmph?! Hrmm..."

Ray frowned as she gave him a warning not to trust the inhabitants of the bunker so willingly. - Not until they knew more at least...The engineer couldn't argue with her logic, and he complied, piping down. However...Not content to be silenced, Ray opened his helmet's visor just enough to expose his mouth to V's hand. He stuck his tongue out and pressed it firmly against her palm, licking from the bottom of her hand all the way to the top in an attempt to make her let go in a hurry. Satisfied regardless of the result, he lowered the visor back down and smirked mischiveously at the disassembly drone.

Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 5 20231017_093839

"Heh!"

Still, he was in no hurry to be on the business end of a weapon. When Cloris warned them to hide he gladly cooperated with J and V, hiding next to the other three. Their caution was warrented as the strange little worker drone threatened them as soon as she noticed the footprints in the snow. With his back pressed against a collapsed wall Ray shrugged.

"So much for diplomacy I guess..."

V chimed in with a plan! She could st-...Ray gave her a stare as if to say 'Please behave'. ... When V changed her plan to simply stealing the gun and disarming the little worker drone, he gave her a firm nod.

"Go for it. ... But be careful okay?"

He frowned a little, clearly concerned for her in the tone of his voice. But she was their best bet right now. Ray shot a glare at Chaos when he almost openly called Uzi cute, nearly giving away their hiding spot. His look of hesitation was met with a look of 'Come on man, think of something, you're the science officer here!' from the engineer...

He watched the worker drone and noticed how much she was looking around...His eyes drifted up and caught V lurking in the shadows above the drone...J insisted she would cover the humans, but Ray got a horrible gut feeling...He glanced over to J.

"... I've got a plan...Be ready to tackle me in case it backfires."

Without a moment of hesitation he crawled out from behind the ruined wall and immediately raised his hands in the air.

"Whoa, easy, easy! I'm sorry for hiding but I got spooked, that's all!"

He called out to the worker drone loud and clearly, all so he could stop her from glancing around. He was drawning her attention on him so that V could get a clear shot on the "sick as hell" rail gun that was probably going to be pointed at the Engineer now...He spoke calmly, walking forward until he was in the light of the bunker, but stopping before getting too close to the worker drone.

"I was trying to find a place to hide out from this horrible weather. I found your bunker because it's the only place in the area with lights. I'm unarmed, so there's no need to use that thing. Honestly, even if I had a weapon, I think you've got the advantage here...I'm not looking to get reduced to dust, believe me."

Ray fought the urge to try looking for where V had moved. He knew that if his eyes drifted away from Uzi for even a moment, his distraction plan could backfire horribly.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Nothost
    Nothost
    Super Friend
    Super Friend
    Three years

Post by Nothost Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:02 pm

Cloris leaned forward, tapping her chin as she looked at the screen. She let out a little chuckle.

"That's the life of a scientist Captain. You never have enough data, no matter how much you collect and analyze. We might have more than we think on hand, or we might have even less then we think. We've got to collect more puzzle pieces and connect the ones we have."

Cloris heard the shout from N, and the gunshots. Rather then look towards the door? Cloris tapped on a few keys and brought the cameras up on the console she was at. She could see N firing at something. She got a glimpse of a claw retreating into the shadows.

Cloris felt a tinge of fear as she saw what it was. On the one hand, if this thing was here, then Ray and the others were safe. But now she, Karasu, and N had to face off against this horror.

Cloris stood up cautiously, taking off her goggles, slipping them into her pocket. Anyone would be able to see as clear as day that they were Mechanical. There was a faint green glow to them. She looked around, motioning to her captain to stay put.

Murder Drones: Disassembly Required - Page 5 4i2Y9Hh

"Karasu, stay in the light. I think rushing off into the darkness would be a bad idea right now."

Hopefully using his name would clue him in to how serious the situation was. She called out into the darkness.

"N! I need you back on the bridge!"

So far it didn't seem line the purple haired drone spot V yet. When Ray spoke up, she while and pointed her gun at him. The display on her eyes narrowed.

"Human."

She spat, keeping her gun trained on him. "Okay, this was unbelievably easy. As in I literally don't believe in how easy this ended up being.

The worker drone motioned towards the ground with her gun, before pointing it at Ray again.

"Save your breath human. I don't want to hear more of your lies. Just lie down on the ground on your stomach and spread your arms and legs. If you want shelter from the weather so badly, then I'll take you and your friends in at gunpoint."

She looked out towards where Ray came from, calling out into the darkness.

"Don't think I don't know you're out there! There's more than one set of tracks here! Get out here and join your friend on the ground!"
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:20 am

Cloris mused about the life of a scientist to the Captain, and Karasu gives a small smirk in response.

"That so? I think I prefer simpler situations and solutions. But I know that you and Chaos are going to help us a lot here."

Understandably, N was startled as Aegis appeared. She apologized for it and lowered her weapon, but Aegis calmly shakes her head.

"No, it's okay. I should have given you more warning."

More important than that, though... Whatever it was that N briefly encountered, it was definitely no normal Drone -- even a corrupted one. This thing was something new, and that was Aegis was urging caution right now.

"I'm afraid we'll need to prepare for the possibility of a fight, N. We might not have J and V back in time to help, either."

As N examined the hole, she certainly saw SOMETHING down there, and it moved. Gunfire echoed through the vents, and Aegis was already running calculations based on the layout of the ship. Ultimately, she came to this conclusion;

"It's in the vents."

Which meant it could circumvent the quarantines. Cloris already alerted N to what she needed to do, getting back to the bridge was important. Back at the bridge, Karasu had drawn his pistol in response to the gunfire, and he glanced off in the direction that N left in. Tempted as he was to leave to assist, he restrained himself.

Leaving Cloris alone would be a bad call, and N could handle herself... As the woman mentions that he should stay in the light, he gives a nod.

Aegis soon produces her hologram at the bridge once more.

"Watch the vents! Something is using them to get around the ship, and it's not like those other drones."

Karasu gives a nod, and turns his attention to the nearest vent.

"We need to figure out where it is. Aegis, carefully check each of the vents."

The AI gives a nod, and begins to move around the bridge, peering into each ventilation shaft she could find. It was only a matter of time until she found the one with a single glowing eye inside... Karasu watches from a distance, hoping that they'll find the culprit soon.

True, they would probably need N to put it down. But Karasu was ready to put some rounds into it.

... In her rush, V did forget that Ray was wearing a helmet at the moment. Not that it really stopped her from quieting him down -- though even more importantly, it didn't stop him from opening his visor just enough for her hand to slip inside of his helmet, and then he licked it.

V immediately shivers, her eyes widening. She pulls her hand back, and then glances at her hand, and back at Ray. He looked awfully smug about it. Meanwhile, on V's end, she didn't exactly seem all that bothered after the shock passed...

Although, something she did while everyone was more focused on moving out of the way and hiding... She tentatively brought her hand to her mouth, and licked it.

She wasn't so much thinking of anything lewd, she was just curious. She lets out quiet hum after the fact, and then lowers her hand before anyone looks over at her -- hopefully, anyway.

In any case, as V talked about a plan to deal with the Worker Drone, Ray seemed to be appreciative of the addendum she made. His go ahead was the reason why she was now over Uzi, waiting for just the right moment to snatch that railgun away.

Though she pauses in her efforts as she suddenly hears Ray yelling, and coming out of cover. She looks over at him in shock, and then glances back down at Uzi. She only had a few seconds to decide -- but Uzi's words seemed to imply she wouldn't immediately attack him...

She nearly pounced on top of the Worker Drone. But now that she was intending to take him and the other two prisoners, well...

V had something to say about that. Suddenly her tail swoops in, hooking around the railgun, and then she gives it a good yank, hoping to snatch it out of Uzi's hands entirely.

"You don't mind if I borrow this, right?!"

And on J's end... She had TRIED to stop Ray from running out like he did, but all she managed was a 'hey', and reaching out to him before he was already gone out of hiding.

But now that she heard what sounded like V making a VERY successful attempt at disarming the Worker Drone, she smirks, and steps out of cover as well.

"You know, you're pretty lucky."

J remarks.
    "With the Humans here, we're not disassembling Drones like you anymore."

The twin-tailed Disassembly Drone certainly looked like the very picture of smug, placing her hands on her hips.

"So let's talk."

Her tail swishes. A part of her was annoyed with this rude little Drone, too. Chaos seemed to like her. So she was behaving a little more like she used to.

V on the other hand, if she had been successful in stealing the railgun, she takes it into her hands, and then leaps over to Ray.

"You nearly gave me a heart attack!"

She chastised him, and she certainly seemed none too pleased with his choice of plan, but... Her harsh expression softens.

"I'm glad you're okay, just... Don't do something like that again."

It seems that V wasn't terribly concerned with Uzi, at least.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years

Post by CivilProtection Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:32 am

I was burrowing myself a hole trying hide from the insane worker drone until she demands me to show myself. I got up, put my hands in the air, and whimpered "D...Dont shoot! Im with the science team!"

I had a thought, a very strange thought. She is clearly mad and is about to shoot at us in any second. But I recognize that railgun, its an M20 SAH Railgun. Its really powerful, but has a terrible cooldown time. If I can get her to fire it, she wont be able to fire it again for around 20 minutes. But... There is a likely chance that I'll get hit as Im only human and my reflexes isnt that great. Plus if I sacrifice myself it'd bring us nowhere and J wouldnt be so happy about it. So I just surrendered.

"Alright, alright... Calm down, I dont mean no harm." I said as I accepted hers demands. I placed my hands on the cold floor and laid down, like the Worker Drone is a cop and would shoot me if I dont obey. "is this... really it? I'd much rather be a prisoner but Im not sure what they'll do to us if they all hate humans..."

And before the Doorlover would react or do anything, V swooped in and took the railgun out of hers hands. I got up and said "Oh thank god thats over."

Honestly I shouldve figured the Disassembly Drones could swoop in and control the situation at any moment, but I panicked and almost wet myself. That wouldnt be good.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Click Me!

Raymu likes this post

Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:33 pm

N hesitated for a moment, clearly worried when Aegis insisted that there was a high chance J and V wouldn't be able to help with this in time.

"Right! I've um...Definitely got it under control! That's me! Control N!"

Aegis correctly assessed that this creature was hiding inside the vents...And then Cloris called N to return to the bridge. She practically jumped out of her coat in surprise when that call came in.

"Eyaaahh?! O...Oh, Cloris! Don't worry, I'm coming!"

N dashed out of the storage room and ran for the bridge. Looking over her shoulder she witnessed several zombie drones shambling in her direction, however each of them were systematically grabbed by a steel tendril and dragged into the vents one by one. N raced through the quarantined door Aegis had likely already opened, she was heading towards the bridge fast!

The quick scanning Aegis was doing made this creature aware it was about to be found out. Rather than waiting for the inevitable, a tendril flew out of the vent at high speed. When it stopped...A hand had landed on Cloris's foot. But this wasn't the mechanical hand of a worker drone. This hand was flesh and blood. It was a human hand...Nothing about it seemed to indicate it was a fake...And it attempted to grab hold of the woman's foot. If it was successful the tendril would start violently pulling Cloris towards the vent!

Whether it found success or not however, several more tendrils shot out and grabbed hold of some of the drone bodies littering the bridge. It was starting to pull each of them towards the vent.

Luckily for V, Ray was far too focused on everything going on to have noticed what she did. That may very well not have been the case for the other two, however...Regardless, right now his focus was on Uzi and her impromptu hold-up. The engineer smirked as she admitted it seemed all too easy.

"Sheesh, the reception here is colder than the snow outside. Do I look like the kinda guy who would be a threat?"

Uzi demanded he lay down on the ground. Something that prompted him to take up a sarcastic tone.

"Awww, do I have to? The ground's so cold y'know! It might really hurt!"

He frowned when the worker drone called out to the other two. Although little did she realize he was pretending to be upset over the result.

"Damn! Sorry you two. I really thought if she took me you'd be able to run..."

He turned his face away from Uzi and winked at J and Chaos. Though he didn't have to keep up this charade formuch longer - V struck with lightning fast speed as she hooked the railgun with her tail.

Ray shrugged as J gloated over the shifting situation.

"Sorry I tricked you. But she's right, we're not here to kill anyone. If you'll just give us a minute, I can explain everything. If you still want nothing to do with us after that then we'll leave you alone."

V landed next to him, practically in a full panic over his risky plan. Ray rubbed the back of his head, chuckling a little.

"Sorry. I saw how much she was bugging out. Probably would have spotted you if things kept going like that. ... I just didn't want you to get hurt."

Eventually he sighs, nodding.

"I'll be careful next time. Promise."

With his apology done he turned his attention back to Uzi.

"I'm Ray, the "science team" guy over there is Chaos. And this is J, and V."

He cleared his throat with that brief introduction done, continuing.

"Our ship crashlanded on this planet, not by choice either. We came out here looking for parts and help so that we can repair our ship and leave. But things got...Complicated."

He frowned, looking away from Uzi for a moment.

"Something out here is turning your kind into mindless zombies. It's not us, and it's definitely not the disassembly drones here because those shambling bots attacked us and tried to take control of our ship. We've got way bigger problems than just getting off this planet unfortunately...And I think it's gonna become a problem for you too unless we work together."

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:52 am