Magical gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Magical gamers

A forum for games, stories and much more!

RWBY: Tales from the dark

Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

RWBY: Tales from the dark Empty RWBY: Tales from the dark

Post by Raymu Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:24 pm

Chapter 1: Something old, Something new

It wasn't that long ago that the White Fang were actually peaceful protestors instead of violent degenerates. We were different then...Younger, more hopeful, maybe a little niave, but we tried. A few of us even chose to go beyond protesting. If they wouldn't see us as equals by force, maybe they would if we showed them we were sympathetic, like them. We chose to become Huntsmen...A rare thing for Faunus then. But I don't regret it, we helped a lot of people, even if some of them chose to distrust our kindness. I was part of Team DARC...One of the first all Faunus teams. Our leader, Drei Greis. Our heavy-hitter, Amethyst Epsilon. Ras Idaeus, the hopeful...if a little overconfident fighter. And me...Char Belladonna.

But not that long ago, we became one member short of a full team...Amethyst... ... I'll never forget that day...Because a lot of things changed.

-----

A village is burning as grimm run wild through it.

Three Hutsmen run in, weapons blazing, mowing down grimm and guiding the villagers out.

One Huntsman...Wearing a trenchcoat and cowboy hat seems to dodge grimm instead of attacking them. ... Though does a good job in distracting them.

One of the huntresses approaches him.

Drei, we need to leave! Ras has already evacuated a lot of the villagers!

Not yet, we've got a loose end to tie up.

What are you talking abo-...

Amethyst steps forward from out of the burning village, staring down both Drei...And the villagers watching from safety...She has a child captive.

Somebody needs to calm down.

I'm way past calming down at this point! I've had enough of these humans not even so much as looking our way when we help them!

And you think killing is gonna solve that, huh? .... Boy, you're kinda weird.

Don't you screw with me, Drei, I swear I'll kill him!

What, you mean like all those others you didn't kill? C'mon, who does something like this? You're just making us look worse. Put the kid down and come home, alright? We can talk it over.

I'm not going back home! I'm tired of the signs and the chanting, it doesn't do anything! It never will!

Don't tell me you're gonna side with those radicals. Killing never solves anything, y'know.

Those "radicals" are going to replace the White fang! You'll see soon enough! I'm done!

Wait, Amethyst.

What?!

That expression... ... Heheh, you look pissed.

Amethyst tosses the boy to the ground and walks off in a rage.

Aren't we going to stop her...?

Drei simply shrugs, grinning to himself.
    Going after her won't do anything. She'll come back. She's too niave to side with people like that.

Char looks at the ground for a moment, silently...But finally decides to go check on the boy. Hey...Are you okay? She helps him to his feet, and then gets on one knee to check if he's injured. My name is Char...What's yours? She smiles a little. She never considered herself an expert at much, but with children she felt she was best at comforting.

The boy rightfully seems scared...But finally speaks up. my name's...Adam...

Adam? That's a nice name!

Adam huh? Any good with a weapon? Drei grins. ... And gets elbowed by Char.

Really need to learn the mood, Drei!

Char finally finishes looking Adam over after a moment..
    You look okay, just a few scratches here and there. Do you know where your parents are?

... I don't...Have parents...

... Hey...Don't look so down. Why don't you come with us for a while?

Don't think that's a good idea, Char. We're practically vigilantees. Not exactly what someone defines as a good guardian.

Ohh. Don't listen to him. Drei is just...Difficult.

Hey, I'm not so bad! C'mere kid! Drei extends his hand for a handshake...

.. But all Adam grabs is a fading shadow. ...!!

Heheh...Gotcha.

A huntsman walks up to the three.

Most of the villagers are safe. All of the grimm that are left are running and they said they can handle the clean up.

Good job Ras. Are we ready to head home, then?

...But...

Amethyst will be okay, Char! After all, who can stay away from such a great teammate as myself?

Char tries to smile a little.

-----

That day...We lost one friend, and made another. Drei never said anything, but I can tell part of him felt...Guilty about what had happened. But Adam had a lot of potential, we all did our best to train him, to give him a family he didn't have. Things would change even more from here.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    RWBY: Tales from the dark TowersignatureBorderSmaller
    More Things:

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:59 pm