Magical gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Magical gamers

A forum for games, stories and much more!

4 posters

Fate/Final Hope

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

Fate/Final Hope Empty Fate/Final Hope

Post by Amord Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:57 am

Peace -- That's something I hadn't imagined occurring on the Moon Cell. But it finally happened. With the Holy Grail War resolved, I was designated as the Ruler of SE.RA.PH. However, since I was just an ordinary Human, with no exceptionally notable qualities as a Magus... I was to rule with the Servant that I had won the war with. In this case, that would be Saber. A woman in a red dress, wielding a sword nearly as tall as she is. There were easily many ways such a sight could be frightening, or imposing.

And in a sense, I suppose one does still get a sense of imposing out of her. She was an Emperor of Rome, so that only makes sense. Her true name is Nero Claudius.... Her full name is a little difficult to remember. But suffice to say, she's a famous figure within history. Though her personal story and how history paints it differ greatly. She's remembered as the Emperor that fiddled while Rome burns. But that's clearly not who she is.

Though even if that is who she was back then, it's not who she is now. She's saved my life countless times.... The war for SE.RA.PH was no different. Without her assistance, we wouldn't have been able to stop Archimedes. We also managed to save Altera... There were more than a few close calls, but what's important is that we won. So it should have all just been smooth sailing from here on out, right?

Yeah, that rarely ever happens with my luck... It didn't take long for word to reach us that Archimedes was still alive, and even worse, he was up to suspicious behavior -- There was a small consolation, no one here trusted him anymore, and he couldn't just jump to another timeline. In every timeline, we stopped his plan. Still, if he's up to something else now...

It didn't take much longer for the alert to hit us; someone just left the Moon Cell. Something which shouldn't be possible without it's permission had just happened... Of course, if anyone was capable of such a feat, it would have to be Archimedes. Though the Moon Cell was unable to stop him, it did tell me exactly where he went. Earth. Whatever he had in store was definitely not good...!

Since this was a highly exceptional case, the Moon Cell ordained that I would be able to travel to Earth. I would be able to bring my Servants with too, thankfully. But for now it may be wise for me to keep a low profile. I'll just take one with me for now... Of course, it'll be Saber. Caster and Altera have both earned a rest after everything. Besides, Saber still has the Sword of Mars... It should be easy to resolve this matter!

That in mind, I prepared for the trip to Earth. This would be the first time I would be back in a physical body, so I was a little anxious as a result. But... It had to be done. I notified Saber of my intentions, and then it was time to set out.

Chaldea was a group of Magi hidden away within a secret facility on Earth. Their purpose was to ensure the safety of Humanity by whatever means possible. All of the Magus gathered there answered to the Director -- Olga Marie Animusphere. However, it wasn't like Chaldea was any normal response time. Even setting the magic aside, they were a little more special. Their primary function was to travel to Singularities.

Moments in time which have been corrupted and have started to steer away from the proper course of History. Teams would be sent to these Singularities so that they may be corrected. These moments in time were highly controlled, so as long as they were put roughly back onto the proper path, everything would be fine. This alleviated a lot of the concerns about changing the timeline negatively by the presence of individuals that shouldn't be there.

-- The Moon Cell worked fast, I already knew most of the ins and outs of this 'Chaldea'. I was the Ruler of SE.RA.PH. But here on Earth, that title wouldn't mean very much at all. So it was better for me to assume the identity of a normal Magus here at this facility. The Moon Cell had also decreed that Chaldea was my best shot at finding Archimedes and stopping whatever it was he was up to. That made sense.

He had a habit of sliding across time and trying to cause things to go exactly how he needed them to. Right now, I had been sent to an empty room. Rather bare quarters, all things considered... But it would do. First things first. I needed a change of clothes. If I wore the robes from SE.RA.PH, I'd stand out like a sore thumb. Luckily, the closet had a change of clothes that would work. After taking the time to change...

I'd step out of the room, into a large hall that stretched far, slowly turning in either left or right, pending which way I turned. This was truly a massive facility. Which only made sense given the purpose here. It was to house both Magicians and Servants, after all. However, I didn't have much time to try and figure out exactly where I was. Someone stepped out of one of the rooms, and approached me.

Okay, just stay calm and act natural. You're a new Magus here in Chaldea, your name is Karasu Reiuji... Nothing out of place about any of that. Since you just arrived, you're not familiar with your surroundings yet. Just be truthful about all of that. Okay, I was ready to talk with them now. At least, if they chose to address me. I imagined that I looked a little lost at the moment.

Hell, I wasn't even sure if anything was going on in Chaldea right now or not...

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Aut viam ivenium aut faciam | I shall either find a way or make one
    CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years

Fate/Final Hope Empty Re: Fate/Final Hope

Post by CivilProtection Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:49 am

My name is Rashinfield, but I like to refer myself as Chaos. I used to live in [city name here] and the apartment i used to live in was pretty nice. But for whatever reason I was sent to a place called "Chaldea", a place full of mages. My family used to be full of mages, so if they can help me become one then this is the only opportunity I have. So now Im at Chaldea, half awake half asleep. I completely forgot where to go and my room number

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Fate/Final Hope Firmablackrockshooter-1-1
    Fate/Final Hope CpmariokartlicenseFate/Final Hope Uwhm8

Click Me!

*Loves Alice Margatroid, but dresses up as Nue Houjuu* *Seems Legit*
    Lamia
    Lamia
    Chaotic Horny
    Chaotic Horny
    Five Years
    You've been part of our home for half a decade!

Post by Lamia Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:38 pm

Fate/Final Hope Auo6Mko

A red and blond haired girl dropped to one knee, using the sword she held to lean herself. She wasn't in any actual pain, outside of what came with her training with the towering figure before her. She was exuasted at this point, as they had been training for several hours in one of Chaldea's more open areas, it showed in the damage around them, though do to the rooms durability didn't spread to outside that plain.

"Dang it... How is this supposed to help my magical circuits again? I feel like your just trying to run me into the ground at this point Saber! I'm all for training but... Sheesh, I'm human remember?"

Saber, one of the three servants first summoned through the organizations summoning process. A Demi servent and a rather.... Ecentric 'woman' were the results of the other two. Training with her was the Master who managed that summoning. Though she was a woman know for enjoying improving herself even she seemed to buckle after a time under the servants intense training methods, though she did what she could to stay with her servants motions. This would continue until another woman, a bit older than Dawn entered the room, adjusting her glasses as she observed the two. Lev's assistent, as well as the head of Chaldea's training regime-Tiamina.

Fate/Final Hope QyZJurZ

"Now now children, as much as I enjoy you two having fun with each other, it simply has to end for now. Putting aside your master's obvious state Saber, we have new recruits coming in, as the most senior pair here you must welcome and address them"

The way she had called them children held no malice or bad intent. One might get the impression it was simply a mother talking to her children if they didn't know better! However at this point Dawn would interject

"Senior? Only by time, I can fight but as far as being a master I'm free from being capable of utilising Saber's full abilities right now, we can't even release her Noble Phantasm yet without leaving myself near dead on the ground!"

The black haired girl would give a moment for any further responses before shaking her head, wagging her finger.

"Something we should be thankful for child, if you could Chaldea would be a lot worse for wear from these training sessions! Now again I must insist you two come with me to the entrance to greet the newcomers, we can put this off for later dears"

Dawn would sigh, she'd rather train with Saber, despite it's dangers than go do something that... social, it wasn't really her strong point. But she'd nod anyway giving her aknowledgment and await Saber's input before they continued, if she was agreement the two of them, Dawn Inoue and Arturia Pendragon would make their way to the entrance. Though for anyway that knew their stuff.... It wasn't exactly the Arturia they'd probably be expecting!
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:32 pm

Fate/Final Hope Dys19pm

His name's Ray! He doesn't really care to mention his last name...It's a bit too formal for his tastes. He gets enough of that at home. His history and reasoning for being here in Chaldea are something worth mentioning. He was born to mage parents, but it wasn't all that great. They've always been strict, cold. They hammered magic into him at the youngest possible age. It was awful, really. He at least came out of it with some good skills, but really, that may as well be useless if He's too strict and stuffy to use it like they are, is what he thinks. "Don't use any of your magic away from home or the association." they'd tell him time and again. He didn't have very many friends growing up...And most magi in the association are way too focused on improving themselves and the field to really want to make friends. Still when his parents mentioned "Chaldea", thinking it to be one big mage "Think tank", he jumped at the chance to join. Sounds odd considering how much he was against traditional stuffy magicians, but really there's more sense to it than you'd think. Being here means He wasn't at home. It means that maybe he can actually loosen up a little and be his self for once - or at least what he believed to be "his self"...He never got a chance to explore that much.

In any case however, he had joined not too long after Dawn, he was already settled in, but not by a lot, he was walking down the hall when he spotted two...Strange guys, they looked a bit lost. One looked wobbly, like he was tipsy, and the other looked like he hadn't slept in a week. Still, he could only figure one thing from the way they seemed lost, and the fact that he hadn't met them yet.

"You guys must be the newest recruits! From what they've said, you're part of the last batch too. You...Two okay, though? You both look a bit off. The mountain climate does take some adjusting at first, but still, you should be fine."

His smile quickly faded as he saw Lev approaching however, he...Didn't much care for that man. Sure he acted friendly, but he knew that Lev was just like any other "proper" mage. Cold, calculating, looking to get the job done and nothing more. The man was weasely to say the least. He didn't care about the whole "Don't judge a book by it's cover" thing. Ray had his opinions and he was staying by them. Still, at least there was some good to balance the annoying strict mages. Olga, for as mean as she acted, he knew wasn't all that bad. He had met a lot of magi. None of them as forward and hot headed. It was a good sign in his eyes that she was so huffy. Despite what most people would think. Mash was a pretty good assistance as well, making sure to help each of the participants of Chaldea. As for the rest...He hadn't really gotten a very good chance to meet them all. The last few days he had been here were almost entirely focused on orientation. There was a LOT to get settled into here.

Such as simulations of "Rayshifting", which despite the few chuckles it had gotten out of him, was not related to himself. Still, he didn't like the idea of getting into a coffin-like machine. Too claustrophobic...N-Not that he was or anything! Just...You know, he had his comfortable level of space! Then there was the living spaces, they were all exactly the same, so he didn't really get a choice of which room he wanted. That didn't matter too much though, he was fine with the room he got. The bed was comfortable, the lighting was nice. His only real complaint was that it was a bit...Cold. Still, after the rooms came the cafeteria. It was exactly as boring and standard as you could imagine. He still swears they're hiding the good stuff in the storeroom...

In any case however, those several days of orientation were finally over, and he was in the present. He still stuck around, just to help the newcomers, if they needed it. He'd need to try to make friends, they were going to be there for a while and staying cooped up in his room the whole time would definitely give him cabin fever if he didn't. All that cold and foggy wind outside, sharp and frigid...There was no way anyone was gonna be allowed to go get some fresh air, for good reason.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Fate/Final Hope TowersignatureBorderSmaller
    More Things:
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:41 am

Arturia Pendragon. Under normal circumstances, her training would be difficult. As a certain 'Nameless' Archer could attest. But it was only made worse by the fact that she was currently summoned in her altered state by Dawn. She was wielding her blade with one hand, and almost seemed relaxed in stance compared to her 'normal self'. Though she certainly wasn't lacking in guard or skill. As Dawn readily learned.

She was holding back... Somewhat. But just like her Master said, she was facing off with a Human here.
    "Physical training is still important! I'm no Caster, so I'm training you the best way available to us.", she'd retort. Probably sounding more dismissive than she intended. She wasn't the same charismatic speaker in this state either. "The greater your endurance, the greater your abilities as a Master. Though a real battle will do more for you, fighting without my Noble Phantasm will put as at a disadvantage..."

She really didn't seem too happy about that. Though she still believed that she could handle herself nicely, one didn't summon a Servant and not require their entire arsenal. Fodder enemies wouldn't pose a problem, but other Servants? Powerful Magi? It'd be useful to have it back in those situations. There was no easy way to speed up the process however. All they could do was keep up the diligent training. Still, Dawn was about to see a rare moment... Saber letting up on her for once.

She would have, if not for Tiamina's timely interruption. She'd shoot a glare over at the woman.
    "Hmph.", was all that would escape her mouth -- now twisted into a scowl as she sheathed her blade. "I don't need you to tell me the obvious. I'm not the one recruiting children to fight my own battles.", she... REALLY didn't get along well with others.

Still, Saber was trying when it came to her own Master. She'd walk over to Dawn and offer a hand to help her stand back up. She just kept glaring at Tiamina as the woman insisted on delivering her speech about 'senior pair' and 'meeting the new recruits'.
    "Tch. If my Master being weakened from training is such a concern, then she should be resting right now, rather than running your pointless errands." she'd comment.

"I wouldn't be so foolish as to level the facility keeping us all safe either. The fact that we don't have a Noble Phantasm is still a cause for concern when we'll be moving out into the field.", she'd probably just keep up this attitude unless Dawn said anything... Though if there was anything good to take out of this, at least it wasn't being directed at her?

Saber just always seemed to be even more of a sour mood around Tiamina. Most everyone else she just... Didn't pay much attention to unless Dawn insisted on it... Ah, speaking of which. It seems that Dawn was waiting for Saber's input on meeting the others... She just crossed her arms.
    "If you want to."

Of course she wouldn't just say "Yes, let's go!". Saber was probably even less sociable than Dawn was...

He... Seemed a little tired. Almost like he wasn't even aware of the fact that someone was standing almost nearly in front of him. Such to the point that I had to step out of his way and let him through, otherwise he probably would have just walked into me.... Fortunately, someone more coherent would then show up on the scene. He seemed friendly enough, extending a greeting to us both.

And then pointing out that we both seemed a little off -- And come to think of it... This IS the first time that I've been in a physical body... At least, as far as I can remember. I got some of my memories back after the Holy Grail War in Moon Cell, but suffice to say, it's still confusing. To make a confusing point much more simple and shorter to absorb...

I was used to the Moon Cell automating everything for us. Sure, you could still eat, drink, and sleep. And all of those things were definitely still helpful. But they weren't explicitly necessary to survival either. Things meant for pleasure or just relaxation purposes, in other words. Back on the Moon, it was all related to Mana, and how much you took in compared to how much you dropped off. That was still important to Magi on Earth, but...

You actually got hungry and thirsty in a real body too! I must have looked a little under the weather since I didn't have either yet... Still, I tried to straighten myself out and appear a little more calm.
    "Ah, I ended up skipping breakfast. So that's probably why I look a little off...", not entirely a lie. The conversation was then interrupted as someone else also approached the area.

A man with brown hair, and a green coat. He looked kind of regal almost. And he kept smiling... He kind of reminded me of someone. I assumed that Saber already followed me, but was using that trick back from the Holy Grail War to render herself invisible to others. If that was the case, I'd collect my thoughts and send them over to her.

"He looks suspicious. I think we should keep an eye on him... He reminds me of Archimedes.", wordlessly, I had delivered that message through a telepathic connection between me and Nero. Practicing my magic skills certainly came in handy. Though I'd have to keep in mind not to overdo it. Especially when I was running on fumes right now.

For now, I wouldn't be giving any orders to do anything more. But still... That put me on guard. It made me chance my stance entirely as I looked towards that man...

The jovial looking man in the green coat would then turn his attention to the three of us. More importantly, he'd turn his attention towards me. Though... His eyes weren't opened. How could he tell? "Oh? I appear to be famous. And who would you be?", he stated with surprisingly no hint of hostility in his tone of voice. Almost like he was just greeting old friends.

I was probably just overthinking it, but something about him rubbed me the wrong way. But for the time being, perhaps I should just be courteous.
    "Karasu Reiuji.", I would introduce myself.

This only prompted him to smile wider in response.
    "Splendid! I am known as Lev Lainur. I take it that you are new here to Chaldea?", he then queried.

I gave a calm nod in response, and that seemed to make him grow thoughtful for a moment. Though whatever it was he was thinking about, I had no way of knowing.
    "Well then, I should be off! But it was a pleasure meeting you."

Lev was just about to leave at that moment... But first, he'd turn his attention to Ray. I wasn't the only one here eyeballing him, after all. "Ah, the young Mage from before... It seems you've taken issue with me. I do apologize for any grievances that may have occurred between us."

His apology seemed sincere enough... It was a little hard to tell with him, honestly. He was always smiling and in such a chipper mood... Regardless, he would bow to each of us. Then he would straighten out, turn, and...

Just like that, he left. I would wait until he was out of earshot, and since the distractions were starting to die down, I turned my attention back towards Ray, and the other fellow seemed to be lacking in sufficient rest.
    "Kind of a strange guy... I hate to change the subject, but I could go for something to eat right now.", it then occurred to me... Would someone as apparently high profile as Lev Lainur just be walking around?

Or was something going on in Chaldea at the moment?
    "... Ah, first I should ask... Did I miss anything? I sort of slept in.", I'd then ask. Information had proven time and again to be the most valuable weapon in situations like this. I had no doubts that it would be the same here.

Last edited by Amord on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:31 am; edited 2 times in total

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years

Post by CivilProtection Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:44 am

"Im fine, I think. I tried sleeping on the tram here, but it was a little bumpy" I replied, still a little tired. "Well, atleast Im not late or something. If I was a little more tired I think I might fall asleep right here and have a cute girls pet wake me up..." I add, going a bit off track the main topic. "...Well anyways, my name is Rashinfield. I came from [enter city name here]. Im not really good at this magi stuff but hopefully I'll learn some more working here"

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Click Me!

Lamia
    Lamia
    Chaotic Horny
    Chaotic Horny
    Five Years

Post by Lamia Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:39 pm

A warm smile was Tiamina's reponse to Arturia, once more not showing any hint of malace as she did so, it was hard as well to detect any coming from her actual being. She was... Simply showing as it was.

"Oh but their such talented children Arturia, just look at Dawn! She managed to summon you after all right? That takes quite a bit of skill"

Dawn would remain silent at this, simply looking to the side and examining her blade nervously as the two of them concerned. Meanwhile Tiamina would this time shake her head , the warm smile never leaving her face.

"Oh I would love to allow it Saber! But one simply must not neglect their duties, no matter how simple! I will talk to Lev and the Director, so that break can happen after the welcoming duties, don't you worry~"

Dawn gave a sigh, she should have know that'd be the response from Arturia, she didn't want to interact anymore than she did! Well in that case... Maybe she could sneak away, even if that meant more of Arturia's training, at least that was of benifit to her... And it would allow them to escape!

"I'd prefer if we just slipped away Saber... Maybe if we just cut the corner on the way..."

Whether Saber responded or not Tia would appear behind the pair... With rather mysterious quickness and begin pushing them from behind towards the hall.

"Now now none of that! We all have our jobs to do now let's get to it!"

The strength would seem normal to Dawn, she was used to it. However it was something Arturia might fine odd.... Namely because she had enough strength to push her to, making it hard it she attempted to fight agaisnt the oush down the hallway!

When they finally did reach the new pair Dawn would relax a bit, but only because their was a somewhat familiar face their in Ray. They wearnt super close of course, but they had met a few times and got along decently, well she could talk to the guy anyway, that was more than could be said for most of Chaldea. Because of this, with Tia's prodding from behind he would be the first one she greeted.

"Hello Ray! Umm you finally finished the simulations huh? Had a feeling you could. You seem the type that could pass it"

She'd then turn to the people gathered and tilt her head, but nod before continuing.

"Friends of yours? I am Dawn Inoue, and this is Saber, my servent, I guess we're.... Supposed to give you guys a tour and... Stuff"

Dawn was horrible at this sorts thing, couldn't Lev or the director just do it...? Ray already knew the simulation areas anyway! For that matter he knew quite a bit of the place if she remembered right... Formality then? It's all she could guess.

Tiamina wouldn't lose a beat as she approched each person and gave them a loving tussle of their hair, it wasn't anything forceful and might even feeling nice to some, however then a serious expression crossed her face as she turned around.

"As happy as I am to see willing people to help the cause.... I only recall Two scheduled for orientation today"

Their was also one extra servent than the three here summoned by the system, and one decidly not summoned by said system wondering around.... Though that wasn't something she'd mention, having her reasons not to. I stead she'd continue her addressing, first with Karasu.

"We also have those names on file so.... I'll ask, name please? have you been given clearence to be here?"

No matter Karasu's answer, a lie, truth or cover up she would simply no as if taking in the Information before turning to the others.

"I see.... Well then you can stay with us for now... As for you two, along with our newcomer your going to be given a tour by our senior member here, as she has already introduced herself I'll leave her to you three, along with any questions you may have"

Tia would then take her leave of the group, she had a report to do, exchanging enough with her 'boss'

Dawn would simply give a sigh as Tia left, turning to Saver again as she did so and frowning. She had just left the whole group them!

"Er.... Well I... Suppose we should get started"
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:51 pm

He listened to them both explain their reasonings, though it wasn't like he was going to scold them, that wasn't his job, that was best left to someone like Olga, of course, if he just happened to not mention it to her at all... Still, he replied all the same, making sure he understood completely before saying anything at all. He spoke calmly and rather calculatingly. Though it was obvious he was a far sight different from the other magi around here. It was more...That was the way he had learned to speak.

"...Cute girls huh? You are aware what Chaldea is here for, right? It's not exactly a dating service. I'd uh...Be careful what you say around here, they're pretty strict. Still, it IS a long ride. You should probably get some rest after the presentation. You're going to need it."

As for Karasu, he gave a nod.

"Should probably get that taken care of. I'm sure they can provide some food to you before things get busy. They put our health as a pretty high priority."

Come to think of it, that was truer than I thought when I had first mentioned it. They really DID put a lot in health and safety. I myself had to go through several medical tests before I even got to do a SIMULATION of a rayshift. It took hours. Though all that thinking was unfortunately interrupted.

Lev Lainur. Everything about that man gave me cold chills. It was made worse when he stopped solely to address me. I didn't care to be friendly towards him, he embodied the worst of the Mages association. Even if he HAD made his own accomplishments towards Chaldea. I gave him no more than a cold response before letting him leave.

"You should really hurry to the theater hall. You'll be late to assist with Miss Animusphere's presentation."

Once he was gone however, all the harsh atmosphere left along with him. I gave the two newcomers a small smile, and extended my hand to shake theirs. It was the least I could do to show that unlike him, I meant no harm.

"My name's Ray! You can uh...Just keep it at that. Something to eat? Well er, yes. Like I said, I do think they could help with that. -Oh, you want to know what's going on? Well, since the last of the recruits are here, the leader of the project is going to give a presentation, it's supposed to be on our mission, and just how we're going to achieve it. It's...More of a formality than anything, orientation usually leads to explanations on most of that already. Still, they have to settle you in first, so you both still have time. Right now I imagine they're just setting up for it."

Of course, right on time, Dawn, her servant, and Tiamina had arrived, ready to handle orientation. Dawn was definitely one of the better people here, by leaps and bounds. Honestly, the other mages had spent so much time underestimating her, I was actually GLAD to meet someone different from them. The rest, they were all overachievers. Either they were famous, Talented, or otherwise had deep connections to a sect of magi. Though, that fact did leave me curious of just exactly how she had gotten in among this roster of powerful mages. I figure that question would sort itself out eventually. There were definitely more important matters at hand right now. I'd give a simple nod.

"Yes, it was certainly interesting. Apparently I've qualified to be part of Team A. So I suppose I'll be going in ahead of you once rayshifting starts. Sorry about that."

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried for her safety. With her weaker mana circuits, there was a larger risk for her. Still...I'll try not to let it get to me too much, she has a very strong servant by her side. Even I can tell that much. Saber has an immense aura coming off of her, if it wasn't for Chaldea supplying her with mana, keeping her at full power would be a challenge even for the strongest of mages.

"These two? Well, I just met them. But...I suppose so!"

It might've sounded a bit blunt, but it wasn't at all projected at them in hostility, it was more...I didn't really know what to say in regards to that. I could tell they weren't the type I'd be against, though in any case, it seems Dawn got the job of having to give them a tour.

"Got stuck with orientation huh? At Tiamana's permission, I'd be happy to help with that. I've got nothing to do until the Presentation begins, anyway."

It was true that I had been given orders to simply wait and relax for now, though it seems I didn't have to volunteer to assist Dawn, Tiamana had already taken the opportunity to lump me in regardless. Oh well, this just gave me more time to get to know the other three. I didn't really understand her line about there being a third person though...She clearly wasn't addressing me, but there were only two here. I simply gave a nod to the frustrated Dawn.

"I know exactly how you feel."

Karasu's Red dressed servant was of course, helping herself to exploring the place at her leisure, with her presence concealment, this was an easy task. There was very little she was reserved on, to her this place was just like another throne room, and she treated it as such. Of course, it wasn't cruel or anything, it was just what she was used to within the Moon Cell. There were very few limitations present on where one was allowed to go. especially after having become the "Empress of SE.RA.PH". It wasn't long before her master had sent her his thoughts regarding Lev Lainur. And she simply sent her own right back.

"Umu! It is hardly a concern master! Just give your command and I shall rend him in two! Neither Archimedes nor he could stand in our way!"

Of course, when Tiamana had mentioned a third not being scehduled...It sent a surprise right through her, she didn't even need to hear her master's thoughts to know this woman had somehow detected her, even though she was not by her master's side. This only made it more concerning. How far was her reach? Was she using a servant of her own to detect Nero?

"Praetor...Be cautious of this woman. I shall remain undetected as best as I can manage. However, if you should witness something out of the ordinary, you must mention it to me immediately."

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:39 pm

Arturia would simply shake her head lightly at what Tiamina had to say. Most Magi of this era were disappointing in their abilities compared to ones of the past. Still... They were basically being forced to go through with this. "If they keep interrupting, I'll lodge a complaint to them myself.", she would then state bluntly when Tiamina had brought up Lev and the Director. Simply put, Saber felt like there were more important things for herself and her Master to be doing.

So when Dawn decided to mention maybe they should sneak away when they had the chance... Well, normally she wouldn't have preferred such a cowardly act, but in this case it wasn't a battle and it was just a waste of time. Before she could really give any sort of response however, that damned woman was pushing the two of them out of the room. Dawn didn't really seem to notice anything wrong, but...

"You're pretty damn brave to touch me!", she'd yell out. "And how are you so strong anyway?!", she'd add... Still. Dawn made it clear enough before that Saber shouldn't attack anyone without good reasons. Artoria would assume that this included 'anyone in Chaldea'. Even if they were annoying.

Even though Tiamina didn't seem to be putting up an act... Something about that woman just pissed Arturia off to no end...

Ah, Saber. Quick to give her reply to me as ever. Although I certainly didn't trust Lev Lainur, maybe just cutting the guy down would be more than a bit hasty. Plus we didn't know what all he was capable of. In this case... "I think we'll exercise caution this time, Saber. I don't think it's going to fly over well with everyone in Chaldea if we just cut someone down in cold blood.", I'd reply to her over the telepathic connection.

Now, it was time to keep up the conversation with everyone else. To avoid drawing any further suspicion. Fortunately, Ray seemed like a pretty understanding guy. He didn't mind explaining things to me. It sounded like Chaldea was strict, but fair, and they really prided themselves on keeping all of their members safe. I'm... A little surprised, truthfully. Maybe it's because the earliest thing I can remember is the Holy Grail War on the Moon. Things were strict there, but in a decidedly different sense.

People dying wasn't even an afterthought. It was made a necessity for you to kill in order to claim the Grail. It was a bit comforting to not be in such hostile territory this time around. Although to be fair, SE.RA.PH had gotten quite a bit better now that we brought peace as it's rulers... In any case, Ray mentioned that the Director had a presentation today. Alongside orientation for the newcomers.
    "Ah, I see. Chaldea's purpose is to ensure Humanity's future... It makes me curious what the presentation is, and what all the new recruits are for."

It almost makes you think that something had happened. But then again, maybe this was just a routine thing. Keep a response force handy for when something DOES go wrong... Before long, quite a few more had joined the area and the conversation. A woman with two-toned hair, another that was a Black Knight -- and she kinda resembled Nero... Strange. And the final seemed to be a woman with a bit more experience under her belt. At least, discounting the obvious Servant in the midst.

When that woman mentioned that there were only supposed to be TWO new recruits today... Well. It was obvious what she was referring to. But for her to pick me out so fast and approach me in particular... Something strange was definitely going on here. However, I had already given my name earlier; I certainly couldn't lie now. As for whether or not I had clearance... That's something I would have to make up on the spot.

I needed to review the information I had received from the Moon Cell. The only people to come to Chaldea were Mages. Their standards weren't overwhelmingly high. Even new and inexperienced Mages could be brought into the fold. So it stands to reason that anyone with a bit more skill would be in higher demand. I could keep the fact that I had a Servant under wraps for now.

... Or so I thought. Saber then told me that somehow, this woman was able to detect her. Strange that my inquisitor made no mention of such a thing. I'd need to try and collect my thoughts on that front later. For now, I needed to give a response.

"Karasu Reiuji. I'm an experienced Mage, in light of that, I was given the express ride into Chaldea's ranks.", yeah, this would be my first lie... Technically. I mean, I am an experienced Mage. I survived a Holy Grail War, on top of several other dangerous battles.

Just when I think something bad might happen, the woman turns away, and lets us all be. I let out a small sigh in response.

"I hope it's not always so tense around here.", I'd then comment.

Arturia merely arched a brow at the unfolding scene. Someone was here and they weren't supposed to be? Well, that made things a little more interesting. What's more, the 'suspicious' one also happened to be one that seemingly recognized her. Or perhaps had mistaken her for someone else. However... It soon became clear that Tiamina had just dumped all of the newcomers on them so she could run off to do something else!

"Argh, this isn't even important, otherwise you'd be handling it yourself!", she'd once more voice her frustrations... Not that it mattered. Well, now she had Dawn and all of these other newbies to look after. "Something tells me they're going to get along with you better than me... I'll come with anyway. It's slightly more interesting than just sitting back in the room."

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years

Post by CivilProtection Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:53 pm

"Oh, right. Wouldnt want to get scolded by the big boss lady" I replied to Ray. "Dang, someone already summoned a servant? I dont even know how to summon one... I guess I'll learn that at orientation, hopefully." Well, there goes meeting cute girls. I mean thats not the sole reason why I came here really.

Lex seems suspicious to me. However I do not like to throw assumptions and say he is a bad guy. I mean what if some day he might save my life? Could happen.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Click Me!

Lamia
    Lamia
    Chaotic Horny
    Chaotic Horny
    Five Years

Post by Lamia Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:41 pm

"Jack, dear"

From the woman's office leapt a white haired young in rather.... Revealing attire for her 'age' though... Apprences were very deciving. Something that could be said for both woman in this room.

"Yes, mother?"

A warm comforting pat was given to the young girl's head as she nuzzled into her 'mothers' side.

"Another variable darling, these two from rather far off. With your unique skills your our best hope for keeping a close eye on them, the other three as well"

"Of course mother! So... We're not gutting them yet?"

"So like my other children... Yet different to, no sweetie, not yet. Their may yet still be a chance to save some of them, their to young to be among the betrayers quite yet..."

-------

"And this is the orentation room, the last stop on our um... Tour, right"

She'd take a moment to whisper to her servent, getting closer to her so others couldn't hear.

"Senior or not surely their were better people than us for this tour? This isn't exactly..... What ether of us are known for"

She'd then try to straghten herself up as she addressed those following her on the guided trip.

"Ray, Karasu and Rashinfield, This is where the Director will give you your debrief as well as explain in detail what we will be doing from here on out, when she calls us down here of course"

She'd give a nod, so far so good...

"Scheduled instruction on the summoning system will begin after that, along with your chance to get a partner... Provided your able to do so, I... Still think I'm lucky to have gotten a partner like Saber myself, it's silly that people try to say it was with anything exceptional on my part. If that was the case I'd be able to endure the training sessions better..."

That was more out of shame for herself than any sort of dislike for her servent's training course, as Arturia likely knew by this point.

"Now then.... Do you have any questions for me... Wait, us!"

She'd give a smile, yes if she had to endure this torture, her Servent, as her binded all had to as well! She'd give a smile towards Ray as well, they had been in a rush to get started but she'd answer him now along with any other questions.

"They could have asked much more sociable people I think.... But yes, me and Saber both"

She'd sigh, the poor girls had it rough, they wearnt exactly social butterflies! Chances were they both preferred the battlefield to this!
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:01 pm

Rashinfiald voiced his worries about being scolded by Miss Animusphere, and I'm inclined to agree with that whole-heartedly. I still respect her, but for sure, when something's made her mad, it can be difficult to even approach her. She's just that kind of person. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but in this case it definitely leaves me feeling like I'm treading on thin ice in a place already filled with strict magi. Hopefully he'd get a reliable servant to ease his mind regarding the place.

As Karasu introduced himself, I couldn't help but pick up on the vagueness of his explanation. It wasn't that it was out of place, no, basically everyone here was quick to mention that they were exceptional in magic. Rather...It was that so much unlike everyone else, he didn't jump at the chance to mention what mage group he belonged to. There were freelancers of course, but even still, they wouldn't have had the references to gain easy entrance into Chaldea like the others. As much as I dislike groups such as the Mage's association, they definitely had connections. There was no denying that.

"Nice to meet you both. We'll be working together for a while, so please don't hesitate to ask me anything."

Ultimately though, I just give them both a friendly greeting, it wasn't really worth holding onto that thought, and besides, neither of them seemed anything like Lev Lainur and his kind. Before long though, we'd all been roped up into a tour. Thankfully while it took some time, it wasn't anything tedious, Chaldea wasn't a labyrinth of any sort. There was just a lot to go over. Though, as we made our way to the final room...

Fate/Final Hope Latest?cb=20130523162015

A strange girl passed by us, stopping to speak for just a moment. Of course, that strange girl couldn't have been anyone other than Rani VIII. One of the very few members of Atlas to make it into Chaldea. I remember her from the Rayshift simulations earlier in the week. She had scored higher than even myself, nearing on a perfect score unsurprisingly. I don't honestly know much more about her other than that. She tends to keep to herself too much for anyone to really figure her out.

"New recruits? I see. I'm certainly surprised they had time to bring in another group. Orientation is already starting."

Cold, Calculating, speaking so matter-of-factly that some might think her rude, but it's no surprise Atlas's star pupil has done so well here already. Her skill shows, and unlike the rest, she has yet to talk a big game without being able to back it up. I do think it's odd she's not already seated and waiting if Orientation is about to start, but perhaps she has her reasons. With those few words, she stepped into the orientation hall ahead of us.

Thankfully, our tour had concluded, and just in time. I don't want to think about how the higher ups would react if we had been late. I can only give a nod to Dawn as I answer her calmly.

"Thank you. I'm not sure I understand putting this burden on you...But even still, at least we're close to starting."

I had almost forgotten about summoning. A very vital part of this operation. It...Honestly filled me with worry. Would I really be able to summon? The FATE system was reliable to a fault. But there were rare instances where it still failed. Though I passed all other tests, would I be able to do this when the time came? In any case, I suppose I can't think of any questions, and so I give a calm wave to the three of them, and go and take a seat, simply waiting for the presentation to begin. From a simple glance, I can tell they're ready to start, just merely waiting for everyone to be seated proper. Miss Animusphere herself is already in place on stage. Looking prepared as ever I suppose.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:47 pm

Saber Alter just shrugged lightly at Dawn's line of questioning. What Chaldea's superiors decided to do never really made sense. What should take the most importance right now should be the fact that neither of them could use a Noble Phantasm -- That was fine for now, it wasn't something you should just use haphazardly... But sooner or later, they would need it.

Instead of being able to put full focus onto that however, they were constantly being pulled away to perform menial tasks just like this one.
    "You know how I feel, I'd rather that we could focus on improving our status rather than playing guide to newcomers.", she'd reply discreetly. At least understanding that Dawn wasn't intending to insult anyone at the moment. Not like Saber could hold it against people that they were new to something either.

But view it as a pain? That she certainly could. She mostly lets Dawn handle the details of the tour itself. And she'd assume that no one really wanted to ask the currently heavily armored Knight anything. Well. Save for the only one here that was actually brave enough to look her in the eye. The other two either didn't pay her much mind or had a more usual reaction to a Servant being summoned.

The only time she'd chime up again would be near the end of the tour, where Dawn downplayed her own abilities.
    "Master. You still endure training, and before it you managed to summon me. You have merit.", she kept that rather brief and to the point. There... Wasn't much there to work with, it felt like a rather professional statement.

But even a slight familiarity with Arturia as her current self would show that this was her own attempt to comfort, praise, and show respect.

I smiled lightly as the tense atmosphere was finally dying down. Everyone currently present seemed rather nice. Well, the Black Knight seemed... Like she'd rather be doing something else, but aside from her. More importantly however, we ended up running into someone during the tour. A very familiar person. Tanned skin, lavender hair. An expressionless face and a calm tone of voice. One that I had heard plenty of times before. And then purple eyes, they always seemed deadpan, but not soulless.

The reason for all of that was, of course, the fact that Rani was a Homunculus. But that fact still sends me reeling... Because it's Rani. I saw her suffer through an apparent death... Twice. The second time, I was personally responsible for it. Not that I wanted to be, but... That was the Holy Grail War. I did see her again after that, but it's still kind of baffling... How many times has she cheated death and just showed up perfectly healthy?

She... Doesn't seem to recognize me, though. Maybe she really doesn't remember? But it still strikes me as strange. But the tour continues on, and since Rani didn't have anything to say to me... I take a moment to calm myself. With that out of the way, and the end of our tour being the Orientation Room... Dawn proceeds to ask if we have any questions for her or her Servant.

I take a moment to think about it...
    "Nothing that particularly comes to mind, admittedly.", I'd state. Sure, I had plenty of questions. But they'd all come off as rather suspicious too. Like questioning about her Servant, or things of that nature...

"Everything in Chaldea seems pretty straightforward.", I then add. The Moon Cell did a pretty good job of filling me in with all the other details that I could think to ask of, so it's best not to waste any time. I hope I can get something to eat before being dragged into the Director's speech...

But if it can't be done, I'll just have to tough it out for now.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years

Post by CivilProtection Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:54 pm

"I hope I get someone cool during summoning. I do not want to be late and miss the summoning part of the Orientation"

Well I guess there isnt much else to do. If we have any time to eat then I guess I'll have something small. If we have no time then we should go to Orientation. Rani looks pretty cute, but I'd rather not flirt with higher ranks or else I'll get in trouble.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Click Me!

Lamia
    Lamia
    Chaotic Horny
    Chaotic Horny
    Five Years

Post by Lamia Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:47 pm

Dawn would give a light smile and nod towards her servant. Nether of then we're the best at expressing themselves, it'd not that they COUDNT, it was simply a rare event. The rare times it did happen had been between the two of them, mostly to the same effect it had here. Saber did care.... Her methods for showing it were simply different than most anyone else.  Most would have seen it as all business, but Dawn new better, it made her smile.

"Thanks Saber"

Her response was just as simple, but Arturia likely understood it enough to get her intent. She had made her master happy, she had also made her a bit more confident in herself in the process. She gave another firm nod aknowledging her Servent before continuing to address the gathered people, though she waited for the rather.... Uppity woman to finish first.

"Trust me, me and Saber would both prefer to focus on our training, we need to be effective when were sent in, just like everyone else. Sigh.... It's not like I can tell them no though, their the boss. That unfournatly tends to drag Saber along for the ride as well. Still, once it's done we can get right back to it Saber, promise!"

As for the third members question....

"Oh don't worry! We have a line up, three alarm system and the smell of a buffet to ensure no one, not even me or Saber could miss the ceremony! You have nothing to worry about!"

She'd give the others a moment before continuing to ask any other questions, it seemed everyone else was ok.....

"Well then let's get going, Saber are you coming to?"

If she did, Dawn would stick close to her as they entered the orientation room. The staff could be noticed, or At least some of them could. Tiamina wasn't there, but her ever hooded daughter was, her true daughter, not one of the everyone she called her daughter.

Fate/Final Hope 9XGtffq

One of the people in charge of maitence on the system, that was her. She had a habit if never actually showing her face clealry though, Dawn figured she was probably just shy, understandable with the kind of mother she had!

Still she'd direct the group to their position and take her own, which as fate would have it wasn't to far from their own. So if they wished to talk they still could, though it might earn them a verbal lashing from the Director! Still she'd make one comment to Arturia before everything started.

"I guess battle won't be to far away if we've gotten to this point.... How do you feel about that Saber?"
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:08 pm

Fate/Final Hope Latest?cb=20161221040555

Once everyone had been seated, or otherwise had their attention on the stage, this girl would step forward, speaking up clearly and calmly, yet also with the strictness of a leader. It was none other than Olga Marie Animusphere. The leader of the Chaldea Security Organization, and the head of this project.

"Excellent, I see everyone is finally gathered here. Though it seems not everyone is...Entirely enthusiastic about this."

She would quietly clench a fist after noticing Rashinfiald nearly dosing off in the back. You had to hand it to her, she was pretty observant to have noticed that with such a large group in here, still she held back her annoyance and continued on.

"In...Any case, you all should know why you're here. But if you don't, allow me to run things through once more. Our facility is dedicated to the continued survival of the human race. With both our CHALDEAS and SHEBA systems, we can observe both the future, and the past in order to detect fluctuations, and ultimately the fate of humanity itself. I didn't want to reveal this so soon, but we recently detected an alarming change in CHALDEAS."

A holographic monitor appeared on stage behind her, the image depicted showing the CHALDEAS system.

Fate/Final Hope Latest?cb=20170116212549

A brilliant model of our planet using high level spiritrons to power itself. However, there was a sudden and alarming change performed on it to display exactly what Olga was speaking of. The entire model of our planet...It became an inferno. A red hot fireball clearly impossible for anything to survive. Several of those seated here were unsurprisingly shocked by this, gasps and whispers filled the room.

"Though previously our efforts had detected that humanity would flourish safely for another century without intervention, this changed rather suddenly. It seems that our current predictions show humanity will be extinct within the next year or less. This is where we come in. I've designated an emergency mission named "First Order". Our target is here."

The CHALDEAS system now shifted to point to Japan, a blip on the model of Earth shown on screen.

"The source of this extinction comes from a singularity in time. We're not sure what's causing this anomaly, but in the year 2004 A.D. this city detected here erupts into an inferno, despite all our records indicating otherwise...We've called this "Singularity F". Our mission is to go in through rayshift, and destroy the source of this singularity. Should we succeed, history will thankfully correct itself. I understand everyone's last few days have been constantly busy, however, we had to mobilize for new recruits immediately once we had detected this shift in history."

The screen disappears in the blink of an eye, and she lets everyone take the information in before speaking once more. She's clearly been just as busy as everyone else, if not more so. The fatigue is starting to show on her face, even despite her best efforts to hide it.

"Team A will be comprised of both those who scored highest overall in the simulations, and senior staff members. I will also be accompanying them. Our job will be to go in ahead of the others, set up a command post on a layline, and scout out the singularity."

She began to list off names of who all were part of Team A. Just to clarify further. Unsurprisingly, Rani was listed. Somewhat more surprisingly was that I myself was listed as part of Team A. Still, once it was absolutely clear who would be going in first, she continued further.

"Team B will be comprised of everyone else who participated in the simulations, or otherwise have passed all tests. You will be going in to provide backup once Team A has finished setting up. As for Team C...Team C will be made up of those who have yet to pass all tests or go through simulations, please bear with us, but after letting you rest for a short moment, we will be rather quickly rushing you through these so that we can send you into the singularity as well. Your job will be similar to Team B. Provide backup to those who may start showing battle fatigue. Everyone but Team A is now dismissed until further notice. As for Team A...Come to the Spiritron Chamber immediately."

She stepped off the stage, making her way there rather quickly. She wasn't running of course, but she did want to be there before everyone else.

Of course, I was just as shocked as everyone else...How could things change so badly so quickly? There were a lot of thoughts going through my mind, none of them really positive. But even so, if I was part of Team A, then there was no time to worry about all of that. I had to be brave about this, those simulations prepared me for what was to come. With that being said, I stood up without hesitation, only taking a moment to speak to the other three, knowing I had to go rather shortly.

"I...Suppose this is it, huh? I don't know what we'll be up against, but I'll make sure to clear the way. Just don't keep me waiting."

That last bit was clearly an attempt at humor, though it was hard to tell behind my clearly worried tone. I know I have to be brave, but I can't exactly hide the fear, either. I couldn't really tell you why I feel this way. It's as though there's something gripping at my stomach, telling me there's more to all of this than simply an accidental anomaly. And that whatever is waiting in Singularity F...It has a lot of power, and a strong intent to kill. I might have no basis for thinking this way, but I still can't shake this feeling. I make my way to the Spiritron Chamber, and already several are there waiting of course this includes Olga, who instructs each member of the team to put on a special suit. Of course, without even spending a moment thinking it over, everyone dons the combat suits provided to them.

Fate/Final Hope EBWdNhv

"Everyone. Please take a moment to prepare yourselves. We can only allow you a moment to breathe before the rayshift system is ready. If you have any questions, now is the time to ask. Doctor Archaman, is the system almost ready?"

"5 more minutes until it's fully operational, Director."

"Very good. Then I suppose no one has any questions? Take your places within the Spiritron Chassis and await rayshift."

It was...Difficult, but As ordered, I took my position. As the door to my pod closed, I could only continue to feel the fear I felt earlier. What was going to be waiting on the other side? Would everything really be okay when I didn't even know what we were dealing with? I couldn't even begin to imagine what the other three were thinking right now. If they were feeling that same terrible omen I was, or worse, total despair. I could only hope that however they were dealing with the situation, they'd not feel quite as worried as I do right now.

Nero herself was quite surprised, unsure if she had just shared those thoughts with her master or not, she asked calmly.

"Was that not one of our opponents within the moon cell? This...Rani girl. She does not seem to hold any ill will towards you, Praetor. Strange, I would have thought after everything, she would be weary of us... Umu! It is of no consequence to me! If she has not held onto any grudges, then I shall consider the issue forgotten!"

Still, once everyone had been seated, she made her way to the same room, still suspicious of Tiamana, she wanted to keep close to her master for now, just in case. Olga's speech and revelations definitely came as a shock to even her.

"So...Something powerful enough to eradicate all of humanity. Could this be the Umbral star's doing? If so, we should definitely stay alert, Praetor. I do not know what to expect from this, but you could well be in danger."

It wasn't a bad guess, though ultimately wrong, the Umbral star could definitely cause a disaster of that kind of proportion if left unchecked; So it wasn't an unrealistic assumption on Nero's part. Once Olga's speech had been concluded, and everyone had been directed towards what they would be doing now, Nero stood firm near her Master.

"Very well! Let us perform these tests well, and then we can claim victory against this threat posthaste!"

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:39 pm

Saber would only shrug lightly. "It's better for us to not overdo it anyway. We'll get back to training once you've finished resting. It will be more effective that way.", she would give her response to Dawn. She certainly had a difficult training regime, and she wasn't the most... Rational, compared to her normal state. But she still seemed sane and could grasp that people had their limits. Overcoming them took time.

When Dawn asked if she would accompany her into the orientation room, Arturia would give a nod.
    "Yeah, it's important that I hear about this too.", she replies, then following Dawn into the room.

Well, getting some food would have to wait. It seems like we were going straight into orientation -- Though, just before we did, Saber spoke to me over our telepathic connection. Ah... So she recognized Rani too. That made sense. She was one of our valuable allies, and our eventual enemy too. Still, she didn't seem to recognize me, or at the very least didn't hold any grudges. That surprised me... It surprised Saber, too.

But in the end, we didn't know what was going on on here. Was that really the same girl? "This is pretty confusing... I guess we should just remain focused on the objective for now.", I would then comment to my Servant. With that, it was time to enter the Orientation Room and hear this speech from the Director.

... Olga Marie is not exactly how I envisioned her to look. But, I would refrain any such comment. It was more important for me to listen intently to the stakes here. The more I listened, the more I realized... The technology here is pretty impressive. Maybe not on the same level as the Moon Cell, but they could apparently slide across timelines like Archimedes could with significantly reduced risk. That was good, I only managed to pull off that trick once, and... It worked, but I'd rather not remember what went wrong either.

More importantly, however. Humanity's history was being corrupted, and in the next year... They would all die out. Okay, that's uh... That's a lot to just drop out of the blue. Was Archimedes already that far along in his plans? Saber had her own thoughts on the subject, suspecting that the Umbral Star had an involvement. That was about what I thought too. But we couldn't know for sure. What we did know is that in 2004, Fuyuki City... Something went completely wrong. So it was our job to fix this.

Of course, it seemed like there were three teams. Team A, which would be going in first... They were the best out of the selection thus far. Team B, which managed to pass the tests, but didn't perform on the same level. They would serve as a relief unit. And then Team C, those who had yet to pass their tests, or otherwise hadn't taken them...

Crap. I was basically on Team C right now! Well... Maybe that was for the best. I could go through the simulations and then see how the situation looked from there.

With that, the speech ended, and Team A was already being called to a room called the 'Spiritron Chamber'. That apparently included Ray. Well, I guess I should see him off, he did help us out after all.

... He seemed nervous about it. I couldn't blame him. There was no way to tell what would be waiting on the other side. But he was trying to keep his chin up. Then, I should do my part as well.
    "Don't worry. I'm going to clear the tests as fast as I can and then join you as soon as they'll let me."

I had no idea how long these tests would take, but with Saber on my side... I could clear them, no problem. A simulation where there's no risks is a bit too easy, isn't it? "Yeah, we've got this, Saber. This will be a warmup for us.", I'd then send another telepathic message to her.

With that out of the way... I guess it was time to prepare.

With that, Arturia was asked on her thoughts about battle being near. She took a moment to think about it. "Hmm... Well, I try not to be thrilled about fighting, even though with my current state, that's certainly a little difficult...", she'd begin her reply. "But I think it will be a good way for you to improve. Training will only help so much, and a real combat situation will see you improve at a much faster rate. Of course, it's not without risks."

She continued to mull it over. "I doubt we'll run into anything very dangerous, but we'll still play it cautious for now.  Since we're on the Relief Team, we can use this time to prepare and rest up. They'll want us at our best when the time calls."

Meanwhile... The still half-asleep Rashinfiald would get to experience what it's like to have a small animal jump at his face, and then climb on top of his head! Most anyone who had been here for awhile was familiar with Fou, and who it's caretaker was...

For now, she didn't appear to be present. But if Fou was here, then she likely wasn't very far behind...

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years

Post by CivilProtection Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:38 pm

I could only hear the first part of Olga's speech before my sleep deprived body fell asleep. I had a pleasant dream about going to Japan and being with a few strangers of whom I dont know. We did something but... I cant really remember what the dream was about.

Feeling an animal of some kind crawl up on my face, I suddenly jolted up wide awake, surprised and confused. "WOAH! WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!!??" I yelled in confusion. Then I noticed the cute creature, then smiled at it. "Oh, hello there. Hope I didnt scared you. I didnt even know Chaldea allows pets here... Do you have a owner?" I dont think it understands me, but Im in a confused state so I dont follow logic currently.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Click Me!

Lamia
    Lamia
    Chaotic Horny
    Chaotic Horny
    Five Years

Post by Lamia Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:10 pm

"Your right Saber..... Heh I can see how you were a king, you've got a good head, since we've met, I'm... Glad I summoned you"

She'd frown however at the comment regarding  her form. Looking down towards the ground a bit.

"Do you.... Regret me summoning you like this Saber? I am... Sorry if so, I'm no expreinced master yet but..."

She'd give a light smile, and a little nod.

"If it helps any... I think you look rather good, fierce to"

With that she'd listen to the director, in silence with Arturia. Only responding to Alter when the all clear came though, though she'd take a moment to address her friend first.

"Right, you got this covered Ray I'm sure, do not worry yourself"

It was a rather simple statement but.... She wasn't so good with conversations. It's not that she was comparable to a Berserker or anything she simply... Didn't hold much talent for her, if she was a servent and held the skill, her charisma rank would be E-! Once Ray was out of eyesight she'd then address her servent's words.

"Your right, it's best to be prepared and ready, shall we get going then?"

The next few minutes would result in them going to their designated room, as well as Dawn searching through the given supplies with Alter's help, while also constantly getting her opinion on noteworthy objects for their trip.

---------
    The young girl Chaldea knew as 'Fen' stood before the system controls, she was stolen do maintence. But... That wasn't what was planned her, not this time. Her hands ran across the controls as her mother's words came to her from on far.

'Now'

And in the next second a surge of energy shot through the controls and, by extension the pods themselves- to a rather devistating result! Some pods would be rendered inactive, others sealed with their residents injured... But one would get worse than ether.... Along with a precious few others being slung right off their proper course!

She'd then lean back and look on towards the rest of the facility in thought. The explosive results will have taken care of, if not fately injured much of the staff, as many we're in that spiritron chamber, even more working on it's maitence alongside her but... That still left the straglers... She couldn't leave anyone to bring Chaldea back up from this state, and besides that the remaining systems needed to be dealt with as well.

Luckly mother had given her two special gifts... And this one was perfect for the task at hand.

"Burr-zerr-carr"

Her accent caused the call to be said in a rather different way, but the command would be heard none the less... And a dark clothed woman would decend to Fen's side in a flash.

Fate/Final Hope PolyhcJ

"Burr-zerr-carr.... Kill anyone, everyone left"

The servent would would bow her head, only a simple statement leaving her lips.

"Yes, My Master"

The servent then ran off to fullfill it's duty, a command going through her head as she did so, more words from mother.

Do not let her overdue it

She'd give a simple nod and continue her departure.
    ----------

The Beserker class servent raced towards where the highest concetration of people now was, it's energy likely able to be felt by anyone with the ability to do so. It's aura was quite a strong one, even for it's class. It was racing right towards where the largest amount of people would be during this crisis....

And it wasnt going to have a friendly chat ether.
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:15 am

Karasu had decided to give one last farewell before the rayshift began. I definitely appreciated that, though...It did nothing to relieve this feeling of uneasiness in my mind. I can only close my eyes and wait for the rayshift to begin...

"Everyone, good luck in there. Do your best."

"Ten seconds Director. Nine...Eight...Seven..."

When I was young, I would often have the same dream. Over and over. I found myself in a burning field, the smell of soot filled my lungs, and even though I could barely see past the smoke, I could make out something tall, like a titan looming on the horizon...No, several of them. All looking down at the field as it burns.

"Six. Five..."

But I'm not alone. even though I don't quite understand it. There's a glowing light in front of me, keeping those titans away. And nearby a girl rests in a coffin. She's not dead, but she won't move. And I suppose...Those feelings I always felt in that dream. Uncertainty, fear, regret...

"Four. Three. Two..."

...I feel all of those things right now. Within an instant my eyes open, my attempt at tranquility is over, I don't really know what possesses me, but I push magical energy throughout my entire body, and I start running on adrenaline as well...Somehow, some way, I manage to pry open the spiritron chassis, and leap out.

"H...Hold on, these readings don't look right Director. We need to abort right away! We-"

An explosion. It shakes my entire body to it's core, I only have just enough time to duck behind the chassis' door, but it still hurts, it still burns. If I hadn't pushed the magical energy through myself like I did, it probably would have ripped me to shreds. But that combined with the spiritron chassis' door gave me a fair enough shielding to keep from sustaining any serious damage. But this destruction is going to kill all those other masters! I know there's not enough time, but I have to save SOMEONE. Without thinking, I force the magic through my body once more, what would otherwise be a basic strength spell has now saved both myself, and someone else...I pull open the spiritron chassis containing Rani. I don't even know why her among all the others, I'm not sure I can even process the logic right now as chaos surrounds us.

"You two!! The rayshift is already in progress, we have to leave now, before it catches us!!"

Director Olga calls out to both Rani and I, having spotted us escaping our confinement that would have otherwise led to our deaths. But it's too little too late. Before I can even react the room in front of me vanishes in a flash, I see vibrant colors and a vortex, and then I lose consciousness shortly after.

The sound of crackling fire fills my ears, and for just a moment...I thought maybe I was back in my dream. Opening my eyes however revealed something far more grim. This was reality. This place I was in, it could only be Singularity F. But where were the others? Rani and the Director must have certainly been sent here as well. Did they get sent to different places in this city? Though my worst fears are realized, I...have to steel myself. I have to find them. They could very well be in just as much danger as myself. There's only one thing I can rely on here, without a servant of my own, I've no choice but to pool my magic and use it all on one spell.

Focusing on the spell, a rune appears on the floor, and in the next instant...As if by sheer will

Fate/Final Hope KbbH08V

A magical construct rises from the rune. Much like the strength spell, it will allow me to push beyond my limits. In a place like this I wouldn't stand a chance alone, but with this silent guardian standing before me, I know that I can do this. It's body glows with pure mana, though it can't emote, nor speak, I can tell it is fully willing to defend me. There's only one goal for us. Save the other two and find a way back to Chaldea...If there even is one.

No, there has to be one. Even if I have to destroy this singularity, I'll make it back. I rush forward without hesitance, my silent effigy following. It seems we're not alone however...A skeleton archer fires off an arrow from the shadows. And it would have hit me directly if not for the effigy's extended arm slashing it away. We both turn to face this threat, only to find there are several more alongside it.

"Go! Get up close and personal, don't give them any breathing space to fire from!"

Without even so much as a nod of affirmation, the effigy lunges forward, a blast of mana beneath it's feet as it closes the gap between it and the archers in an instant, slashing out with it's claw arms, the archers react accordingly, blocking it's attacks with their bows.

"Break through their defense with a power attack!"

The effigy strikes out at one's bow to force it to block again, but then quickly raises it's other arm, slashing it downwards with incredible force, striking right through not only the bow, but the skeleton itself. In but an instant, the target faded away, leaving only two. One managed to fire off an arrow, striking the effigy in the shoulder. Surprisingly this attack did little more than make it stumble.

"Block, then counter once their guard is down!!"

With my commands, the effigy is able to adapt rather quickly, the other archer fires off an arrow, only for the effigy to cross it's arms, this time not allowing their arrows to hit so easily, as this one arrow harmlessly broke against it's arms. It'd counter while the archer was in the middle of nocking a second arrow, piercing right through it's chest, the second of the three was down now.

The third and final of the trio prepared to attack, but once the Effigy had crossed it's arms to block, it instead went for a physical attack, breaking through the defense. Thankfully this stalwart defender was able to back off before taking any direct damage.

"Just go for an all out attack, you can do it!!"

Though this archer was clever, the effigy had the advantage, despite them both going in for a physical attack, the effigy's reach allowed it to strike before the archer could. It hit so hard this skeleton's skull flew off like a ball, striking a nearby building and leaving quite a crater in the side! What was left of it faded away, and thus we were in the clear once more.

"W...We did it!! Yes, I knew we could!"

I guess maybe it was disbelief, but...I didn't think I would make it this far on my own. But now, I was feeling recharged. I feel confident, I now know that I have what it takes, I just have to keep going and never let the enemy have even an inch of advantage! But I had to hurry, there's no telling how the others were holding up. I rushed off, my effigy still following, it must have been several minutes, perhaps even half an hour but finally we came across a park. A clearing in this sea of fire and ruin, though even it was burning, it was clear enough to see all the way across. But what I saw across the way standing in front of a burning sea of fire was none other than Fen, the daughter of Tiamana.

"...You're from Chaldea. One of the maintenance workers. You're not here to help me at all, are you...?"

I could tell that her purpose was only malicious. If not for the strange reason for her being here, then definitely due to the fact that she stood over a defeated woman, someone who clearly held a lot of power. I didn't recognize her, but...Was she a servant?

Nero watched alongside her master as the others all prepared for rayshifting. Though, she felt something troubling. Her eyes had particularly drawn on that girl with the hood when they were back in the orientation hall, Fen who was working behind the scenes.. Something about her energy didn't seem normal for a regular human being, it didn't really register then but before she could even say a word after realizing just what was going on with that girl...

"H...Hold on, these readings don't look right Director. We need to abort right away! We-"

Time seems to slow down as the chaos starts...Until Nero's words ring out. And in the next instant, she makes herself visible.

"MASTER!!"

When the blast had occured, no one could really have been sure of what was going on, but as the dust settled, one thing was apparent - Nero had jumped in front of her master, standing tall to take the brunt of the explosion. If it weren't for his code cast, she might well have taken some serious damage, as well. Though unfortunately, it wasn't over just yet. Despite the initial chaos having started, there was more coming their way.

"Praetor, I feel a high energy coming our way, it can only be a servant. Prepare for combat!!"

Nero drew her sword, slashing it across the floor to prepare herself mentally. She stared down the entrance to the room as a powerful servant arrived.

"Take another step and I shall take your life. If you wish to live another day, I suggest you retreat now."

Her words were serious, yet not harsh, just very factual. They were the words of an emperor, one hoping to avoid conflict where necessary. She didn't expect those words to mean much, but she was still going to give her final warning anyway. Whoever her opponent was, they were sure to see the power behind those words.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:33 pm

It ended up happening rather suddenly. I almost didn't have the time to react, but about when one of the staff members said that something was going wrong, and I could feel a rising power out of Ray... That was when I knew that I needed to act quickly! Just like those sector traps when we were fighting for control over SE.RA.PH... Time it just right...

Saber appeared to shield me, of course. But I wasn't going to let her take all that damage. It would put us at a severe disadvantage. I had a different plan in mind! Just before the explosion would reach us, I used my code cast to nullify flames and explosives. It wouldn't save the entire room... But it would keep Saber and myself from taking damage. It also meant that we were that much more prepared to do damage control in the room!

Or, we would have been able to, if not for the fact that Saber caught onto it just as fast as I did... That sheer animosity that could only be attributed to a Berserker. A Servant was heading right towards us... After an ambush on Chaldea! That was no coincidence. But could they have really been the sole culprit of this? I don't think that's the case... But for now, let's assume they're hostile and defend accordingly!

My suspicions are confirmed by the words of what could only be the Master of this Berserker heading towards us right now.
    "Saber, that's a Berserker -- Strange that they can speak coherently, but I don't think they can be reasoned with! We'll have to fight our way out of this situation!"

I wouldn't know exactly how this Servant would fight, but I could wager a few guesses. As much as I wanted to help out the people around me... I needed to focus on the enemy in front of me. "We've got this, Saber. We don't need to rush to do anything, just keep the pace in our favor!"

I'd prepare another code cast. Though this one would be quite a bit different from the one that was to defend from the sudden explosion. I was waiting until the Servant would send an attack towards us, then I would unleash it! Something to deal damage to the Servant, but more importantly... Lock it down to be vulnerable to counterattack from Saber!

The stun wouldn't last long, but Nero and I had gotten pretty good at working in unison! If it worked, then we might be able to land a strong blow!

Saber Alter smirked a little at Dawn's words of praise, and at her worry over the current state of summoning. "This form isn't what I would consider ideal... But it's not like I'm suffering either. Besides, there are a few advantages. I am more powerful in this state, especially in regards to my Noble Phantasm -- That may even be the reason why you can't handle it's output even a single time.", she'd explain.

It was always a little surprising to see her calm and speaking with her Master in such a fashion... But it also tended to be when they had their private moments too. This was an important factor for Servants and Masters, in order for them to work together like they needed to, they needed to be compatible. Saber Alter was harsh, and at times seemed cruel and uncaring. But it wasn't that she was unsympathetic towards others.

It was an unfortunate side effect of her summoning, but she focused more on the personal side of things. That was both a blessing and a curse. Dawn wouldn't need to worry about Saber ever betraying her, but on the other hand... Well, saying she wasn't a social person was putting it lightly. Still, her smirk only remained when Dawn gave a compliment in regards to appearance.
    "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you have a crush on me."

Case and point. Not many Servants would tease their Master. In any case, she'd then give a nod about getting prepared. Though she could feel the unease in the air... Arturia decided to wait it out for now. As long as she was near her Master, things would work out.

... Though in the middle of their preparations, it was impossible not to notice the explosion, or the sudden appearance of a Servant.
    "... We've got enemies, Master. Chaldea is in danger.", she would then warn Dawn.

Fou seemed to be getting nice and comfortable on Rashinfiald's head. And probably would have started curling up to sleep until the attack started happening. It seemed to understand when things were risky, so it'd hop down onto his shoulder, holding on from there instead...

Fortunately, Rashinfiald wasn't alone anymore. A certain girl in a labcoat and glasses would approach. This was Mash, Fou's caretaker. More importantly however, she seemed on edge. But eased up slightly when she noticed Rashinfiald.
    "Hey... It's kinda dangerous right now. We should probably stick together."

Neither of them had a Servant, but... Things should work out. It was still safer than either of them going off by themselves.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years

Post by CivilProtection Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:40 pm

Even more confused than ever, I looked at her. Normally I'd probably comment on how cute she is. But no, its the time to start panicking!

"Wh...whats going on? Is this a drill, I wasnt trained for this. What should we do?"

This is what I get for taking a nap.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Click Me!

Lamia
    Lamia
    Chaotic Horny
    Chaotic Horny
    Five Years

Post by Lamia Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:29 pm

"You wanted to help them... Didn't you Altera? Specifically him... But I just couldn't allow that, humanity is done for, everyone is... Including you and him, everyone else"

She'd take the sword from her defeated form. As expected it took a considerable amount of energy to contain her but in the end.... It was done. As powerful as she was and could be.... She held not the power to stop her, not as she was now.

"No Attila in the end.... You just made iit so much worse for them"

These were the last words said before Ray showed up from behind, and Fen set her hand out before the saber class servent, a cloud of darkness would engulf her.... And then she was gone. The only remnant being the rainbow colored sword now strapped across her back. Though she noticed the boys approach, she only turned to face him when he called after her. The energy had been such that she mistook him for just a shadow or one of the many undead now filtering this world. This caused a rather intense glare from her, noticeble even under her hood.

"Chaldea...? So that's why..."

Fen gave a simple nod to herself before stepping towards the young master and his doll. Though she had expanded a lot of her energy fighting that servent.... and Berserker and her other servent  were busy.... A servent-less human magus would be a small matter to deal with. And so she extended a hand right in Ray's direction, energy begining too build in her palm, forming a sphere of magical energy withen.

"You will die here child, at the end of time.... Be thankful you will have the mercy of avoiding the true end"

The energy spehere would the be shot right at ray! Though not as strong as when she was at full power, it would still be rather fierce, able to cause a small explosion if it came into contact with something, as well as being quite difficult for your normal magus to block!

------

Berserker stared upon the two, though she was a Berserker one could tell she was capable of a level of thought, simply by the way she observed them before talking.

"Flashy Saber class servent.... And her master.... Two servents... Two Saber's.... Two masters. Defenses still weak.... No need for retreat Saber class, the thought is appreciated but Master wants you dead, all of you"

She'd seem to stop for a moment, confirming something with her master.... Though to her opponets it would seem as if she simply walted for a minute, before speaking once more.

"Bravery.... It is respected... Out of that respect... In a war begun anew I give my name to my opponet. My name is Heroine X-Alter"

She'd then draw her blade, similar to the one the Arturia's were famed for.... Except the blade was brimming with a strange red energy.

"With the wicked holy sword Necrocalibur.... I will first cut you two down, then proceed to remove the rest here, that is what will be done"

Words done X then propelled herself foward, heading straght for the major threat-the servent, however she'd be down a bit by the effects of the master's code cast.... However it wouldn't leave her immobile as the master was hoping for... Instead it would slow her movement speed, X's impressive power as a Beserker allowing her to still move foward-though at a much slower pace she... Was powering through the effects of the code cast! However because she was still greatly slowed Nero would have a great advantage if she took it! They'd have to be careful however, the way X was breaking through, the spell wouldn't last even half as long as it normally would.

---------
    "Your probably right Saber just.... I know it diservices you to be unable to unless your full power, are you... Sure I'm who you want for a master? In Chaldea surely theirs more effective options for you. Meanwhile I just kinda... Drag you down, that's something I hate"

She wasn't trying to pity herself, much more she was simply trying to be pratical. By now Arturia probably knew Dawn preferred her company more than other people. But.... She didn't want to disrespect her, or bring shame to her ether. Her next words would strike that from her mind for the moment.... As well as turn her entire face red!

"I... That's silly Saber! I... I just respect you ya know that! Your the king of knights, wielder of the holy sword and spear! I... I just want to be a master worthy of you, one that can stand beside you... One you can count on"

Everything she said was serious.... Though the blush wouldn't leave her face until Arturia delivered the news. She would get right to her feet, dropping whatever supplies she hadn't gathered and dash off with Arturia... Unless she ended up stopping her for some reason.

"Alright then, we need to go give the other staff support then right?  Let's go Saber!"
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:22 pm

Pure shock. That's what I feel...Knowing this girl was my enemy. I barely knew her and yet...I felt sadness. Deep sadness I just couldn't ignore. Though I can't really understand why, I call out to her with emotion and conviction in my voice.

"Please! It doesn't have to be this way!! Just give up!"

What may have been a surprise to her was the way I said those words. I wasn't begging for my life ...I was begging for hers. I knew that she was my enemy, but it just wasn't right. I can't accept this.

"Did Lev put you up to this? You don't have to follow him, because...I forgive you!!"

She's the enemy, so...Why am I crying? I know deep down she won't accept this, that this is the way things have to be. But I can't stand it. I don't want to accept this. the burning flames seem to go silent under my voice, and even in the distance we're apart, I know she can hear me clearly.

"I forgive you. So please...Come back to Chaldea. With the rest of us."

There isn't even a hint of deception in my voice, it's not some trick to try and catch her off guard - If it was I would have already attacked. I mean every word. Even if I barely know her, even if she's the enemy...If she were really bad, why was I still standing here, able to speak to her?

"..."

As I watch her build energy into her hand, I know exactly what her response is, her words only cement it further. I don't have a choice but to fight back, or else I'll die. Or else this will all just be for nothing.

"...Rush forward and block!!"

The silent effigy dashes forward at incredible speed, as she launches the energy, I can only watch as it takes the full brunt of the attack, getting caught in a blast for me, though a bit too close. But...Before the smoke even clears, the pain of it hits me, like a train wreck, I drop to my knees, my vision starting to blur. I can only watch as the effigy shakes violently, and finally collapses, before I do the same from the sheer pain. I felt every bit of the damage that guardian of mine took. I can only look over at this girl who committed the act as my consciousness starts to fade, maybe I should just give up and rest...

...No, I don't want it to end like this. For some reason, every part of my body is shouting at me to get back up, to not accept things this way. I can't let this be the end. I don't WANT this to be the end. Though I must have laid there for several minutes, I somehow push myself to position my arms so that I can get back up. It hurts. It hurts so much. But I refuse to lie down here. I refuse to give up. I won't let this be the end. It's not fair. I barely manage to push my upper body up, the pain is incredible, but I don't want things to end here. I won't ever let this be my end. More than just dying, what terrifies me is dying for no reason, dying without purpose. Dying without my words ever reaching that girl. Dying without ever tasting success. I can't ever let this go. Despite the fierce pain, I'm still getting back up. And in the distance, I can hear someone else...I can see a light. Someone is calling out to me, this voice, I've never heard it before, but it carries hope with it.

Nero gives off a simple, silent grin.

"Huhuhu. It seems you've gained my respect as much as I have yours. Very well "Heroine Alter". I shall grant you the joyful gift of knowing the name of your opponent! It is I, Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, and I shall not hesitate to strike you down! Understand this well, Berserker. I will take great offense if you do not give this battle your absolute greatest effort! Come forth anti-hero, and attain the glory of clashing with my blade!"

She watched as Heroine Alter wasted no time rushing straight at her, an ultimately fruitless attempt as her master stunned the opposing servant, Nero would wait for Berserker to close the distance before striking at Necrocalibur, and then following it up with an attack straight at the berserker, quickly moving to defend herself should Heroine alter attempt a counter attack. Nero lived up to her name and her origin, if not moreso, her fighting was like a graceful dance, her blade poised to take the life of her opponent, and yet, she was enjoying this fight, she deemed this Berserker a worthy opponent, she couldn't have been more on top of her game.

"Praetor, for your safety I recommend you stand back! This opponent of mine will certainly force me backwards but momentarily, I do not wish to put you in her line of attack!"

She wasn't letting her guard down around Heroine Alter, she knew that berserker strength would be a challenge even if she blocked it, however if she dodged she risked putting her master in harm's way. She knew for certain she could take the hit with proper preparation, however. She wasn't a half-rate servant after all!

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:40 am

Altera only growled lightly when she had somehow been defeated by Fen. "Tch... To think that you believe capturing myself and the Sword of Mars will lead you to victory... You don't seem to understand, that's only going to make him fight harder than ever before.", though disarmed of her blade, it seemed she wouldn't be contained for very long, she was already getting back onto her feet by the time Fen had used her darkness to engulf the recently arrived Saber.

"... You won't keep me prisoner.", those defiant words were all that she managed before she had been pulled to another place entirely by the wave of energy. What she said was intended as truth, however. She was able to escape the grasp of the Umbral Star, to live as she saw fit... Now that she had such freedom, she wouldn't let anyone take it from her.

But that was a story to continue for another time...

I would give a nod to Nero, stepping back as she instructed. "I'll be fine, Saber.", I would then state. I didn't intend to do nothing besides stay out of the way however, so I opted to use yet another Code Cast, this one instead meant to strengthen Nero. Her already naturally high power meant that receiving such a boon would allow her to keep up with a Berserker class Servant in a physical fight. I ended up making another wager, at that.

If Heroine X-Alter could speak coherently and intelligently, then that meant her Mad Enhancement wasn't very strong. Though it was still wise not to underestimate her, she wouldn't pull out the same feats as Lu Bu, who's Mad Enhancement was so potent that it he could only shout in incomprehensible tongue. In the case of a Berserker, power came at a very costly price.

"Heroine X-Alter, was it? I think you've underestimated us completely. We're going to wrap this up quickly.", I would then direct a response towards the enemy.

Saber Alter would only give a calm nod. "Make no mistake. I am not unhappy with my current form, or the inability to use my Noble Phantasm. You still managed to summon me, that speaks lengths of your abilities as a Master. Additionally, it means you are the most compatible with me.", she wasn't always harsh... It tended to be when others interrupted, or when training was involved.

Technically, battle as well. But her want to protect her Master would tone that down a little.
    "You are still new to all of this. But that means you'll make surprising growth if we merely continue.", she then adds. Perhaps it helped that Arturia was mildly amused by the fact that she could fluster Dawn in such a way. She wouldn't be doing that very often, especially with others around. But... Still. She found that cute.

Even in this altered state, she could still find meaning in the little things here and there -- However, it was time to set all of that aside. It was time for them to tend to the needs of Chaldea. If this facility was destroyed, then Humanity's future was lost. That absolutely could not be allowed to happen.
    "Yes. Let's go at once. I'll take the lead, Master. Stay close to me."

With that, she'd begin leading the way. As far as she could tell... A battle was currently taking place in the Spiritron Chamber. That must have been where the attack started in the first place. Though it was surprising anyone was there to combat the enemy as is. Wouldn't everyone be in the Coffins by now...? "Hmm... Odd. It seems like someone is already fighting the enemy."

Arturia would point out to her Master while leading the way.

By now, if anyone wasn't aware of what was going on, then the alarms ringing out throughout the facility would do so. Mash would smile softly at Rashinfiald however, even though the situation was dire, he clearly needed a bit of help right now. "We just need to stay calm and decide a course of action."

She'd state to him. "We need to do damage control... And get the facility back into a stable condition. It'll be dangerous, but we have to. Are you ready?"

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:46 pm