Magical gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Magical gamers

A forum for games, stories and much more!

5 posters

RWBY: Forces of Grimm

Nothost
    Nothost
    Super Friend
    Super Friend
    Three years
    You've been a member for three whole years!

RWBY: Forces of Grimm - Page 5 Empty Re: RWBY: Forces of Grimm

Post by Nothost Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:47 am

Rhea smiled slightly at Alba. "Capes can be cool, but your outfit must also fit you. Some people already know themselves enough to know what they like. But you don't know your abilities yet. When I was young I wore tighter clothing. Anything that flowed like a cape would have been bad with my style out in my field days."

Rhea then slipped her hands into her coat pocket, her smile growing ever so slightly. "Ahhh, there I go again. Acting like an old woman when I don't have a strand of gray hair."

For a moment there was a strange look in her eye. For a moment she seemed.. sad. It passed, and she gave Alba a smile.

"I finished that chapter of my life a decade ago. Yours is barely in the prologue. If you fail the exam, that doesn't mean your story will end there. If there's one piece of advice I can give you, it's trust in your teammates. Especially given your level of inexperience."

She personally didn't think it was fair throwing him into the exam like this. It was
    dangerous even for students who graduated from an academy. But she couldn't do much, other than give him the most basic advice.

Fortunately, Rivala's aura was unlocked without any complications. She was a strange one. She couldn’t quite figure her out. She looked at her with interest.

"I would worry about your own inexperience holding your back, and not the staff. Beacon Academy is an opportunity to learn about the outside world in safety. You shouldn't be in a rush to get out. Rest assured, you won't be here forever."

After Rhea followed Penny and Alba to the amphitheater, she was too far away to make out anything they were saying. That was just as well though. If she was close enough to listen in, she'd risk interrupting the flow of things. And that would go against one of the basic principles scientists followed. Instead, she waited to see how things would play out.

Earlier:

A girl with pink and blue hair watched as Penny dragged off Alba. When they were out of sight, she went to the nurse's office and opened the door. She looked around and spotted Nora. She looked at Nora's demeanor and the expression on her face. She gave the other girl a smile.

RWBY: Forces of Grimm - Page 5 DHQtuHe

"It looks as though I was worried for nothing. I heard about the fight that happened. You're the only person on Earth who can use a pacification field in a fight. I wouldn't recommend making a habit of it though. That was reckless for the first day of school."

Lumin said scoldingly, but it didn't seem like she was being harsh. Lumin walked over to stand next to her girlfriend, her normal demeanor returning. She looked over at Peach.

"Thank you for taking care of her Mrs.Peach. I'm Lumin Tetrades, a transfer student. I prefer to be called Tetra, if that's acceptable to you."

Mauve had heard a bunch of laughter as she was in the bathroom dealing with the confetti. Her own cursing and being behind the door made it hard to tell who it was. It only served to distrust her team further than she already did.

Mauve stared at Motet. Are you for real? A towel is not the same thing as a dress. Try wearing a towel to the dance coming up. See what happens."

Motet had a few screws loose in her head. That fact was becoming abundantly clear to Mauve. But she had worked with strange people before. There were some strange individuals who were a part of the Orphan network. Some of which weren't exactly the poster child of stability.

She would deal with Motet for the sake of the mission. Or at least try to. The girl was taking her patience. But it was becoming apparent she wasn't normal. Which was why her only response to the smile Motet sent her way was to just ignore it.

But it was harder to ignore the things that were sent her way through. Especially when Motet was on all fours like a dog. Her whole demeanor was that of a wild animal. She was also unfamiliar with basic things like understanding of clothing. Mauve snorted, waving her hand dismissively.

"Yeah, whatever. If you want to play make-believe and pretend I'm a pirate, then knock yourself out."

She looked after Veronica strangely as she started stuttering at her, and pointing at something behind her. Mauve put her hands on her hips, scowling at the other girl.

"Yeah no, I'm not gonna fall for it. I've been made a fool of a lot today. I'm not gonna fall for old "made you look" gag."

It was a good thing that Vaneera was in the room. Otherwise Mauve would have found herself strung up by plants on her first day here. Beacon was proving to be much more trouble than she expected it to be.

Mauve looked between motet and Veronica. She let out a snort, then doubled over laughing, slapping her knees a few times.

"This isn't kindergarten ya know! I've been called much worse than that. Damn if your insults aren't entertaining though. Listen, I don't give a crap what you think of me. As long as we tolerate each other, the exam and everything else will be a piece of cake. Or cotton candy if you really want that."

Mauve let a little snort, Giving Veronica a smirk. "There isn't anything to worry about. I doubt any of us would fail unless we were trying to. If someone doesn't carry their weight, I'll pick up the slack."

Mauve looked over at Vaneera, a vein popping in her forehead. Maybe this was why Motet viewed Vaneera as her leader: she certainly wasn't the type to back down. She had to keep her head at least somewhat cool. She gave the other girl a snort.

"With you maybe. If she was a real team player then she would have accepted the academy's decision to make Veronica the leader without you having to prompt her. Not that I blame her for thinking that."

Mauve's right hand moved to her waist when Vaneera talked about "spying". She leaned to the side casually. Her attention seemed fully focused on the pale girl now. She let out an exasperated sigh.

"Man, I ended up with a bunch of weirdos. I ended up with the shyest leader ever who's afraid to curse properly, a weirdo who's stab happy, and a pale paranoid who thinks my curiosity was an act of espionage. Just my luck."

It became abundantly clear that Vaneera did not think very highly of her. Mauve rolled her eyes. "God you're annoying. Just call me an idiot or a bitch like everyone else does and spare me the long winded insults."

She walked over and plopped down onto her bed, sitting on the edge and scowled over at Vaneera.

"That was the biggest fluke I've ever seen in my life. That hammer wielding bitch had a semblance that countered the school's security system. You try dodging or blocking when you're being shocked."

She didn't dignify a response to the novice comment. It benefited her for Vaneera to believe that. It didn’t make it less annoying to her, if the vein throbbing in her forehead was any indication.

Mauve watched in stunned silence as Motet just threw the team leader and Vaneera onto the bed. It was done with minimal effort on her part. Motet was strong in a very big way. She had done all that with no hesitation. She looked over at Vaneera.

"Hey pale face. Is she always like this?"

"Well said, silver-eyed girl! Adventures are all the more exciting when you have to overcome a setback!"

A very enthusiastic voice chirped out. If they turned to find the source of it, they would see a girl in very unique clothing looking at them. What stood out even more were her eyes: her pupils had a very distinct formation. She gave Ruby a friendly smile.

RWBY: Forces of Grimm - Page 5 GIkaQ3G

"I've only heard about the silver eyes in legends. I didn't expect to run into someone with that here. I'm so rarely surprised, I didn't even know what I was feeling at first!"

She chirped out. She then looked at Yang, peering at her curiously. "Hmmm… strength and beauty. Hmmm hmmm… yes…"

The strange girl seemed to be in her own world. She turned over to look at Weiss.

"You surprised me too. I didn't expect a Schnee to come to Beacon academy. One wonders why you chose to come here. And here we have..."

The girl looked over at Karasu.  Suddenly her smile faded from her face. She gave him a worried look. She could tell from looking at him that he was going to be in for some hardship.

"Poppy, you must not influence the futures of others. The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Her father's voice echoed in her head. It was family custom for them not to get too personally involved with anyone. But Poppy was also tired of not doing anything at all.

"I'll give him a small push. The rest is up to him."

Poppy walked over to him, till she was a couple of feet away from, She clasped her hands together staring into his eyes.

RWBY: Forces of Grimm - Page 5 JuL9Q7s

"This is presumtuous for me to say, but could you stop living your life in the shadows? You have s chance to start a new life at beacon. Please, get off the trail you're on when you come across the next fork in the road."

"Okay, I gave him advice. He might ask what I mean, I'll be even more vague, as I must be, he'll think I'm a weirdo and then that will be that."

If he pursued her help after all of this, then she wouldn't reject it. But most people didn't want to get closer to her. And when they did, all there seemed to be was regret. All she could do was give this person a hint and hope they heeded it.

Justice let out a bark of laughter, giving the two a shark-like grin. She wasn't petereped by their transformation: if anything she seemed to get even more excited.

"These eyes have always been worthless. I'm just an executioner: it's your actions that judge you. Your insides make your outsides look pretty!"

Not that she was one to talk about  their appearance. But at least she still looked a little bit like her former self. Unlike the twins, who were more Grimm-like then she could have imagined.

Justice saw one of the twins running up to her. Realizing how vulnerable she was, she twisted her body in midair, so that her head was pointed to the ground. Then she pressed a button built into her hilt that caused the sword to extend to its max length. The tip pierced straight through the ground.

Justice then pressed her palms against the tip of the sword hilt, balancing herself in what could be best described as an improvised, midair headstand. She wasn’t going to be able to do this for long, but all she had to do was do it just long enough for her to avoid the attack. Although there was a price for doing such a maneuver.

Justice pushed off from her hilt just before the age would slam into the sword. A weapon wielded by an Arcana was a powerful thing. Without the counterbalance of Justice's physical strength, the blade was cleaved in two by the blow. The top half flew off far out of reach.

Justice landed on all fours, snarling at the other Arcana. She ran forward, pulling the broken half of her blade that was stuck in the ground. She barely registered the pain from clutching onto the end of the blade.

Even as some blood dripped down from her hand, she bent her knees, then lunged at her opponent. She thrust her arm out so that her blade would be the first thing to make contact. Justice was aiming straight for where the heart should be. Although nothing was certain when it came to an Arcana.

Last edited by Nothost on Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lamia
    Lamia
    Chaotic Horny
    Chaotic Horny
    Five Years
    You've been part of our home for half a decade!

Post by Lamia Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:01 am

Nora gulped, yeah… How could the medical personnel be the scariest thing she had seen at Beacon so far? They were only supposed to heal you right? And yet here she was afraid of getting into a sumo match with this thin lady. and then losing at that

”W..what? Me? Sneak out? I… I’d never miss Peach~ ahem… Healing fully is important after all!”

She was in fact nervous during that whole statement. Jeez…. Well… she supposed her girlfriend would want her to rest too… but she would really be fine! She gave a light sigh. Well, Doctor and, she already knew girlfriend's orders it was. Wouldn't stop her from grumbling about it though…

As she stood there however she couldn't help but reminisce on the encounter she had just had with Alba and friends. They were all people she’d want to see again some time. Alba was a fun guy, She of course preferred Lumin to go touching her a lot, but still ha! Such fun even while she was in the medical ward, There was something about him though, a vibe… It was that Nora feeling ‘you definitely want to keep an eye on this guy!” Besides, fun people like him were hard to come buy, so she was always down for having another person for free time. He was an innocent guy, so pure to the world ‘No I meant I have a girlfriend silly!’ was very much needed in reaction, It was cute in its own way though, and sweet that Alba thought to take such an action in thinking she was kidnapped. Nora was sure He, Penny and the hulking Rivala would be happy together, she had an eye for these things! Was she assuming they would all end up together? Why yes! If she was gauging this right they both seemed to have the burning for the man~ and, if things fell right…. Heh things would be fun around here for sure! Before they walked off however, Nora now put a arm around Penny’s shoulder, whispering in her ear:

”Just be forward Penny~ guys like him love that sort of thing~”

Nora then stood back, unable to help her chuckle as the group left, giving a wave. They were going to be a sight to see during school, that was for sure!

Thunder thighs herself though, she couldn't help but think that, if someone who liked Rhea heard about her old attire that they would most certainly have a deep red look to their face. She also had no way of knowing the sneeze she made a certain dragon girl take on the other side of the school.

But that would be a tale for another time!

Nora, ever the powerful, rambunctious girl she was however, still wished to find a way out of staying in the nurse's office for two long. She had reps to do, THUNDEROUS REPS! And thigh work, not that she seemed to need it but still, gotta keep in shape! To this end she took a slight sulking manner as she turned to Peach once more.

”NO fair though! They get to just walk off! Miss Peach I have a girlfriend you know, and I’m sure she’s worried si….”

And then as if summoned by her words that same girlfriend came walking into room, like a shining gem to the girl who saw her. Perhaps some annoyance should have come from so quickly having her excuse being doused. However she was much to happy to see the object of her affection to feel that way. They hadn’t been together long sure, nor did they know where things were going in the future…. But they knew how they felt for each other. She knew that smile so rare, a smile she could cause-made her feel warm inside. Nora didn’t think she was the only person that could make her smile, but she knew by what she said she was one of the few able to cause, it was a rarity… it felt wonderful that she was the type of person that could cause such a beautiful smile. And of course her fellow pinkett could cause one in her as well.

RWBY: Forces of Grimm - Page 5 Unknown

There were thousands of smiles in the world, but it was her cecile’s that touched her heart.

”Of course I can Tetra! hehe…It was something fierce but i pulled through, and set a jerk for a loop while i was at it!”

Then came her scolding of the hammer bound girl, causing a playful pout on her face as she moved beside her, when she had Nora offered her hand to hold in hers.

”Ahhh but Tetra! I was going to, really, but this jerk of woman, she was messing with people and, get this, she stepped on a bunch of flowers, just stomped them for no reason! I couldn't just… let her do ether of those things, but… I… know you just care, I’ll try not to get back in here again… to soon, though if it prompts such a quick visit from my girlfriend…”

She gave her own playful grin at her partner’s neutral stance, but then… a thought came to her. She gave a wink to her partner, a wide grin clearly indicating she was up to something.

”Miss Peach I had a great Idea! You know, if you think about it… Tetra being my girlfriend and all.. She technically counts as a loved one! So you know, you could release me into her care! After all, she’d be as serious about my recovery as you are!”

It was a coin flip, on both sides. Peach accepted or she didn’t. Lumin took it in stride and let it go… or dedicated to it a bit much.

Then again… being bedded and cared for by TETRA didn’t sound bad….

Well, she was taking that chance!
    -------------

Yes

That had been his answer. Nothing more, nothing less. He gave her a bitter glare that felt like it bore threw her, that made Ilia stop for a moment. She blinked, before shaking her head. A lie or a truth? …. Blake’s dad told her something like this once right? Faunus or human… Everyone could have a bad life as much as they could a good one, it was just harder for their kind, that didn’t mean…

She didn’t let herself complete that thought. It was ridiculous, or perhaps, she didn’t want to face it. Humans were the enemy, humans were why they suffered as they did.

The laughter

The hate…

They suffered to?

No, NO!

Whatever Bowie went through, It couldn't be as bad as what her people suffered every day, what she had suffered.

What her mom and dad had suffered.

And so she remained silent on the matter, the only indication of a response being that frown and her initial shocked response.

But maybe that was why the Adam, why the fang directed this girl as they did? Perhaps…. So that she could never see things she shouldn't. To direct the hate in the faunes’ girl’s heart where it should go.

Or perhaps, that was simply thinking to deep, who knew?

”Don’t understand?! You left me… we were best friends, I thought we could be.. uggh!”

The chameleon faunes flaked, in anger, in hurt. Her hands shook, opened and closed, with tears in her eyes, bright red. Her skin color shifted, red, blue

”Forge a path where? Among the humans? They’ll never accept you, they never accept us Blake! They LAUGH when we die, remember? You could drop dead… tomorrow, and they wouldn't care, they would make a joke of it just like my mom and dad!”

Her skin turned bright red as Blake continued, as she made accusations of her and the fang,she threw a hand out in defiance, shaking her head.

”I don't give a shit about Adam! First you chose… him, then you leave us because of him?!Throw him on Lady Serra’s heel for his actions! Talk to me… anything! Instead you ran, ran away so that could never be an option, so we could never even try!”

Ilia wiped dry tears from her eyes as Bowie made his own counters to Blake’s claims, the words spoken emboldened her own, as she scoffed emptily.

”Convenient truths, When has fighting for our freedom ever been easy Blake? It was easier… You can’t just run away when things get hard, but that's what you did. Well you know what? If you won’t fight for your freedom anymore, I will, mine and yours. From them, from anyone that would hurt us, or or kind…. I won’t let that become a dream, no matter what i have to become in the process!”

She shook her head, a pained gasp in her voice.

”Your running off with them now, the humans, your going to protect them now huh? Forge a path with them..  You even hide what you are, like your ashamed. Is that it? What about when our people die Blake? Does that matter anymore?”

Another scoff came from Ilia’s mouth, filed to the brim with the pain she felt.

”No you won’t, because if you do you’ll out yourself just as much as you might us. You’d destroy any evidence in the process, and then, you’ll be labeled a problem. A terrorist when all you tried to do was the right thing because thats what they do

Blake directed a bullet at her, and her heart ached, she’d have screamed if it wouldn't ruin everything. Despite everything she didn’t think….

Blake shot at her

As the smoke filled the area, the mostly obscured form of Ilia looked to Blake, that pained look on her face evident, her eyes turned wide as the bullet ricocheted down upon a familiar bracelet she wore, as if signifying what was on her mid as it snapped down the middle, the simple but important bracelet flying off her arm. Unfortunately ilia wouldn't notice this quite yet, as the bullet had also harmed her arm, causing pained tears to fill her eyes, not just because of the pain… but because of who shot that bullet, she held her arm and looked at Blake, shaking her head.. The tears wouldn't stop.

”Fine, I see how it is”

Her dream was over

Her dream was shattered

And all that remained where it once stood was a void in her heart

A pain she couldn't describe

She stopped at the doorways entrance, Bowie was confident of their escape, but Ilia had one more thing to say as the wounded chameleon looked to the pained cat.

”Just leave Beacon Blake, before it’s to late”

With those words said Ilia would slip out behind Bowie, wordless, she had nothing to say as they made their escape, unless Bowie said something to her, she had dried her tears, but she wouldn't stop rubbing that mark on her arm. It wasn’t even that painful was it? No it wasn’t… but that wasn’t what hurt.

The bracelet itself? It would have landed where Blake brought herself to a stop, a familiar bracelet, of which only she owned another of-a special bracelet made between the best friends.

That had never left Ilia’s side… until now.
    /////////////////////

Yes ‘turning things around’ it definitely wasn't a complete accident on her part no siry! Snow saw it as a brave charge but the truth was that Amber had well and truly lost control of her pack. What she deemed a forward attack was really just Amber failing in a way that happened to look like an attack, trying to correct herself midway but failing.

The poor, poor neet.

You know what didn’t help this poor little nerd?  Throwing an ax her way, which cast a very much blinding let in her face…. Annnnd then crushing the last thruster… which now had Amber spinning wildly right towards Snow! She had the thought ‘falling into such a tall, beautiful woman was great but… not like this!” Well, she avoided her chakram at least but.. Wait did she grab her arms? Yes, she did! What was she…

BAM

Amber was slammed, right into the ground. Now you might assume someone would feel a lot of pain from this. You’d be right, Amber did in fact feel that pain through her aura. If that was all there was to it she’d probably grumbly admit her defeat, be thankful for it and move on. However Snow did not stop there. Snow.. pinned her down, legs, arms, everything. Snow hovered over her like that, not letting her move a muscle. But that wasn’t all, that look in her eyes, that determined, dominant gaze that bore right into her… it…. It…

IT WAS SO HOT!

Her breathing to… it brushed against her with everything else.

SHE.FELT.ALL OF IT

Checkmate indeed, and it unleashed something feral in the girl.

Or perhaps just something Amber kept under wraps outside the home…

”AHH!!! Oh yes yes yes…..”

She wiggled in her confines, a deep ready on her face, her body sweating in a way that, while one might assume was from the training, definitely was not.

”OH QUEEN YOU HAVE CONQUERED ME, BY THE RULE OF THE GAME I AM YOURS, OH TAKE ME!!”

Snow simply pulled her up after this, causing Amber to blush, deep red at what she had just done. Oh god she had just embarrassed herself like that right in front of Snow! Gods she’d have to go to classes with her, work with her! How in Remnant would she expla….

Amber, well, Amber’s train of thought was interrupted immediately by a simple thing, that being the glistening sweat upon Snow’s body, causing her to shine like a diamond in the sunlight, showing her hard work, and her build even more.

Amber gulped, a bit of drool escaping her mouth, hearts practically in her eyes.

SLAM ME AGAIN MOMMY

GODS WAIT, wait, WAIT AMBER

”Aggh! I’m sorry, sorry! I’m not usually like this I swear!”

A

Complete

Lie

Despite Amber’s embarrassing words Snow complemented her. This made Amber blink for a moment in confusion. Was what she did here… worthy of praise? She had made a fool of herself if anything…. Mom would be disappointed in her. Disappointed in her as her heir. She’d be harsher on Citrine and Sylvia in case she had to….

No

In fact, it was probably happening now with her gone.

More pressure.

More pain.

Pain Sylvia didn’t recognise

Pressure Citrine shouldn't have to deal with.

A life nether should have to endure.

But they did, even worse because of…

Don’t think about it

”O…oh thank you”

RWBY: Forces of Grimm - Page 5 Amber2_3

It was more than that, as serious as she was this praise was different. It was genuine. It wasn't ‘because you did something right’ or ‘you furthered what you should’ It was praise what she was able to do now, Amber smiled warmly back at Snow with that. It wasn’t the playful, game alishess smile seen till now. It was a pure, innocent one that radiated warmth. The smile one gets from a child when showing their parents the art they scribbled at elementary school and getting that pat on their head, and the flowing praise of their work. That was how Amber felt… it was wonderful for her.

”You… really mean it? I’m glad then… I’m glad! Eheh.. I’m sorry I made a fool of myself but.. If you're gonna praise me like that I… I’ll need to make myself useful to you won’t I leader? I’ll support you~ were gonna pass that test with aces~”

Ohhh but that slightly soft, stoic smile....

Ahhh it made her want to… !

No no

CHILL

She’d lock her room tonight, for now, focus!"

Rivala could understand how Penny felt, even if it did feel silly to feel that way about her. She couldn't deny it felt nice for Alba and her to care about how she was. Nor that she would absolutely stuff in the face of anyone who tried to mess with someone she cared about. She herself was quite possessive in that manner… she assumed Penny might have some of the same. When it came to Penny’s name suggestion though? To that Rivala gave a sigh. This was her future for now wasn’t it? Bound to a bunch of well… silly people like this. Her tribes were coordinated, sound, but this… well, she honestly didn’t know how to describe all this.

Speaking of things she didn’t know how to describe, that smile from Alba, it felt.. Warm to her, she wasn’t sure why, it just… seemed familiar somehow, it felt natural, like she had already done it a lot before. But that was silly right? Yeah… he just had that kind of personality she supposed. He was surprisingly strong though, to be able to carry her like this… with her build… she had assumed he would be struggling… but he was not, it was impressive, he was impressive. He said he wasn’t very strong but… she begged to differ, still he had a point… she could see the sense in his words. It was truly much like a tribe. The leader…. Yes, she liked the thought of that. She didn’t pay as much attention to the teachers or Nora as the others did, though she did note Peach and Nora’s… behavior, it was odd to her for someone in authority and what she assumed was a warrior.

Humans really were odd but… friends huh? Friends…..

”Friends… yes… I see…. That is…. nice”

However she would get her own, almost ferly smug grin as she caused Alba to protest.

”This does not change the fact i can, nor how impressive it is that you can carry me, heh… besides, what is so wrong with that? The dominant one should do the carrying, after all”

That was the nature of tribes, of packs, after all. If they were a tribe… then why not carry Alba? Well, later anyway. Right now she was still in no condition. Though, she was in a condition to feel her own pangs of jealousy, namely from… Penny complimenting Alba, and his reactions. Why though? She barely knew this man, she shouldn't care and yet… there was that pang in her chest. She… would need to sort this out in her head. This flutter she felt in her chest when he carried her as well… And his own compliment on her gaining power… And that comment from Nora… did Alba like powerful woman? Why did the prospect of that make her feel… good?

She took a deep breath, focus. She needed to follow behind her allies, she… wanted to see if Alba’s would go as well as she did. So she let herself up, but first she turned, and bowed in respect to Rhea and Peach.

”Thank you, for your aid”

Though still rather weak, she could walk now, and followed behind Alba and Penny to observe what happened with Alba’s own procedure. When she did arrive she stood across from the pair, watching them. And…. she frowned, she still didn’t understand why… she could only understand how she felt. How Penny touched Alba’s cheeks, so warmly, so closely. Her mind said that this was simply how it was done, how she was doing what Peach did. But her heart ached, why couldn't he do that? Why wasn’t there something she could do? …..Why did her heart ache to be able to so bad? A likely unheard huff, the crossing of her arms and tapping of her feet…

Focus, focus… more important things… more important. Why wasn’t the energy awakening in Alba as it had in her? He was a human, if anything that ability shouldn't have worked on her so…. Why. Penny suggested that something was getting in the way. But this was a natural thing for humans correct? So…why?

”Is this… normal? The doctor said all people aura… so he should have no issue right? What is holding him back? Can I shake it lose? I’d be happy to do so…”

She meant that in a genuinely helpful manner. Her expression showed her worry, her concern about this. She was not knowledgeable of humanities in and outs… so she once again saw no way she could bring aid to the situation, which continued to bother her. She hoped his earlier aid towards her had not somehow caused it… or anything after.

”I am… sorry if helping me affected you on this Alba…”

That wasn’t the case of course but well.. It’s all Rivala could connect…
    Interlude, a few days previous

She was ground zero you know, why on earth would you keep letting her breathe, no.. worse than that, why would you let something like her teach your students?

Why, dear lion, you answered your own question, who better than her, to teach how important control is?, to ensure it in each student?

Who better than her, to teach the horrors that can happen if we do not have it?

Gather around

By the fire, for this tale

For this tale of darkness and pain.

Pray let us tell why you must never go near her

Why she does not deserve your care, or your respect.

Come here, come here, and let me tell you this story

This story of the Calamity Of Mount Glenn

~Intro to the tale ‘The Lesson of Mount Glenn’

*further into the tale*

But it was not simply a dark accident of Grimm, no, that was only the nail in the coffin. What attracted those Grimm? What turned Mount Glenn into a breading ground?

“The curse of course! A monstrous spawn.  No child should be able to do what she did. She’s a beast, an untamed monster. One second she’s all smiles.. The next she's trying to rip you apart”

Ah yes, the curse. That curse was a child brought to this city along with everyone else. A girl with a rather unusual semblance that made her look like well.. A faunus. But inside her was darkness, evil.  Perhaps the shape of a dragon was all that should have clued people in on that.

“Bullied her? The Faunus looking freak deserved it if you ask me, look what she did later on, we only took shots against a monster, should have gone all the way!”

Yes, the woman was unstable, her power made it so. She had many aspects of a dragon. Horns, claws…. A tail…

Rage.

Whether it was by bias to her features, or something else… she was labled a curse, and treated as such.  After all this was the same child whose parents disappeared before she came here right? It was obvious what happened, what she did right?

Monsters only do monstrous things after all.

“And then she snapped! I’m telling you, I don’t know why they let that thing live, let alone teach at that place now that she's an adult. She wasn’t a kid then, and she's not an adult now, she's a monster!”

Minti Snapdragon went berserk one day, the reasons were nill, the point that she did. When she did, her aura, her physical power… everything became abnormal, wrong, beastly. She truly was a monster set lose, even more seasoned fighters unable to stop her slaughter. Bit by bit, one by one.

And the pain, the hate, the sadness of those that remained, It attracted the Grimm in droves, to a place unprepared for them. It didn’t stop, the feelings didn’t stop as if stained in the air. Grimm didn’t stop coming and the girl, as if possessed, didn't stop her rampage.

Some thought she brought the grimm as well, perhaps she was one herself with a sub human skin.

Who did the Grimm kill?

Who did the monster kill?’

In the end there was no way to tell for sure… but by the end, by the time those tunnels were sealed it was a graveyard. A graveyard who’s patient zero has been allowed back into the world, allowed to live and grow… even given a position of power. If one were to ask this writer…

*SLAM*

The book hit the ground, Minti’s arms quivering. Tears fell down her cheeks in droves as the blurry memories filled her head. This story…. Why did she keep reading it? She hated it. She needed to focus on her lesson plan, on the students… she’d need to re work things for alba at present, until his situation was resolved and….

………

The books question perminated in her mind once more

Who did the Grimm kill?
    Who did the Monster kill

Her head hangs low. Despite what Rhea told her she couldn't let it go from her mind.

“You weren't in control Minti, You didn’t want any of it”

But it was still her hands, her claws.. Her tail… that did it. That hurt so many… and the worst part was… she couldn't remember. She couldn't answer that question. Who did the Grimm kill? Who did she kill? She didn’t know.

People who had family?

People important to others?

Was there someone out there right now, waiting for the chance to strike down the monster in vengeance?

…..

She didn’t know, and that was the worst part, She didn’t know, and that was why she coudn’t just try to move on.

So many blurry faces.

So many names she didn’t know.

Who?

Who? Who?

And how long until she…

KNOCK, KNOCK

Came the resounding noise from the door to her office, a familiar voice came from the other side, snapping her out of her trance.

“Minti, we have to finish working on our plans for the classes together,”

“C..coming Rhea.. just give me a…”

“Minti, are you….”

“I’m fine! No problamo! I’m coming!”

So she wiped the tears from her eyes, and hid her fears, her pain once more.she did her best to put on a cherry, happy smile for the day, despite how hard it was to do so when these things.

How long.

How long until she again… lost control?

Rhea…. Ozpin… the students…

Deep Breath, smile

She opened the door

“Haha! Well well, you're on things this morning~!”

The girl looked to the sky, and smiled.

For today.... she had this... for today... she had to keep going.

For today... she wanted to be happy.

////////////
    She had her sister here, so she’d be fine right? Yang was confident, both in demeanor and of herself. She was strong. Her sister had many things she wished she had, in terms of ways for her to be better, both physically and mentally. Ruby looked up to her sister a lot naturally due to this, there were many ways she wanted to be like her, to emulate her. When she thought of people she wanted to emulate for her leadership, her sister and mother were what immediately came to her mind.

Perhaps Yang had some worry if she was doing good, as far as Ruby was concerned she was doing wonderfully. Even if… she brought an embersement hammer down at times! Ruby turned to her sister at her words of encouragement, and with a playful smile.

With that bright and cheerful smile she gave her older sister a high five!

”Heck yeah!”

Weiss though? Weiss didn’t know what she was in for… a chess champion huh? Well that was of course impressive, she wasn’t to good at chess herself, (Read:At all) But this was a completely different game! She couldn't help but giggle at that thought, devious (read, minorly mischievous) thoughts filling her mind at the heiress’ confidence. She’d just let her find out that little detail herself.

She was still super thankful for the help she was going to give her though!

Weiss’ huffs were in union with Ruby’s own as she herself gave them as a response to Weiss’ words crossing her arms.

”Fine with me, miss mean!”

On the subject of her weapon, as if on contradiction and with Yang’s answer Rub’s face became a wide grin.

”My true love, my dear Crescent Rose! Hehe… it’s truly a wondrous piece of metal, here I’ll show you!”

Taking her weapon from her back, she gave a grin as t shifted into its (rather badass) Scythe form, she then gave a giggle as she confidently gave it a spin and well…

It hit the ground.

In the wrong direction…

Causing it to fire… (thankfully not at anyone…)

And well, launch Ruby straight into the air, and into her sister's arms again…. Gripping her baby the whole time.

Ruby gave a cough, nodding her head as if nothing happened.

”See? Isn’t it amazing? Ahem, naturally it can do tons! From a distance, up close, i can cover it all!”

She gave another huff as Yang continued

”Heyyyy don’t call Yang a dolt! She's awesome, she's just… flirty.. A lot… and… expressive…”

Even as she said the words her face paled a bit at the same time, as if to say ‘yeah, this happens a lot’ It did… it really, really did. She loved her sister but… whyyyy?

Exhibit A? What Yang was now doing with Ruby back on her feet, that being showing her ‘what to do with her roses’ for the person she liked. Something that made Ruby blush in embarrassment for SEVERAL reasons. First because.. sh e was doing this in public! In front of PEOPLE! Agggh she wanted to retreat! The other was… well…

”H…hey I told you I don’t have any plans to get a boyfriend Yang! I’m here to be a great huntress, not a wife d..dang it!”

On the subject of Karasu actually being Weiss’ boyfriend Ruby rubbed her chin in thought, tapping her foot.

”Well I mean it sure looks like it, why ese would she want him so badly? Or be so defensive….”

The struggle of hand to chest continued, with Ruby red once more, despite this when asked why Yang was so strong Ruby, despite her embersiment couldn't help but comment herself.

”Oh Yang works out a lot! Weight lifting and all, i’m pretty sure she puts most full hunters ot shame, as a result she has a REALLY strong hand game, I suggest never challenging her to arm wrestling….. Or leg Wrestling… or Chest wrestling…. Or ummm… well, I’m sorry but you might be doomed here, sorry Weissss!”

On the subject of Ruby’s constant hugging? For that it was Weiss’ turned to be embarrassed and Ruby turned red with embarrassment once more shaking her head.

”Sorry Weiss I’m just really grateful and…. huh?”
    Ruby’s apology was interrupted by a new arrival, ANOTHER PERSON, AHHHH. Causing Ruby to blink in confusion. To her words, To how easily she just thrust herself into the conversation Ruby could only give a…

”H…huh…?”

This girl, with the admittedly rather cool looking eyes had come out of nowhere, she seemed friendly but… but what…? And she was talking about her eyes? What about her eyes? Well yeah they were silver and she had never seen anyone but mom with silver eyes besides her, but that just made her really rare right? Were there really legends about that sort of thing?

”My eyes are… legendary?”

She talked to the others gathered to, namely Karasu but… truth be told that wasn’t the strangest thing about it all, through out it all, she wasn’t sure if the girl didn’t address it because it was hers, or if she was just already aware of it, but there was weird black humanoid creature behind her the whole time, just nodding it’s head as if casually agreeing to everything she said, this went through various motions from doing so directly by her face, or just nodding with it’s arms crossed behind her.

These two things combined had Ruby’s mind reeling in confusion, swirls figuratively forming in her eyes as she rubbed her head.

”W…wha…whaaaa?”

Now who did this being belong to? Well that question would soon be answered by the woman walking up behind Poppy clad in the Beacon uniform was one red head named Opal Saffron, a bright smile on her face.

”Oh so this is where you got to Poppy! You really shouldn't leave me like that! I thought a spirit might have nabbed you at first! ….who are these guys? Friends? Oh Dur Dur, I told you not to hang all over Poppy like that!”

In response the dubbed being ‘Dur Dur’ backed up some with a huff, crossing it’s arms and returning to Opal’s side.

”Ah if my teammate is meeting you, I should introduce myself to! Opal Saffron, leader of team OCLT, paranormal hunter extordanire! You have any ghost problems come straight to me!”

Another blink came from Ruby, she still only had one possible reply to all this.

”Whaaaa?!”

Opal blinked at this, was she.. that weird? ...Anyway, she'd hold out a hand to her teammates aquatinces with a smile, she clearly hadn't been joking about anything she said, she was also... really unphased by the weird floating black thing wasn't she?!

"Nice to meet you all~! As I said, any ghost or spiritual related matters, just leave them to us, team OCLT!"
    /////////////

Vani explained about the towel of course, Motet nodded in understanding. OH that made sense! It was like how she had to wear clothes around other people and in public, because it was the social thing to do, how it both needed to be worn for protection, but also that she should dress well for the people important to her. More than that she should only be naked in private, she wanted to be free all the time… but she understood what Vani was saying she was pretty sure, after all she was only supposed to be naked alone, or with the person most important to her right?

And that was Van Van of course!! However despite this when Mauve commented about wearing a towel to the dance Motet proceeded to stare Vaneera’s way with curiosity, with a look that said ‘can I…?’

”Thanks Vani!”

And she was going to help her with this too, she couldn't wait to learn more! They were similar, having to do with the body so… she was curious what the lesson would be! Vaneera knew her best, and had never treated her badly like she was taught her mother did. She took her time with her, and that helped Motet learn a lot!

As she rubbed against Veronica, she looked up to her, and as Vaneera confirmed that it would help, Motet gave a light, playful purr. More so as she seemed to get irritated by the mean Mauve’s ways she rubbed against her more, it being what she could think of to help. If Veronica did end up petting her she gave another purr, before giving a bright, cheerful smile up at her in response to it, as Vaneera predicted, it did in fact help her warm up to Veronica.

The pair's explanation also got through to Motet, Veronica’s demonstration causing her to nod, yes she got it! She clapped her hands together and gave a nod to confirm it.

”Ah I get it! Oh that is pretty neat, I still like mine better, but that is a cool way to arrange it, I like it!”

When it came to Mauve’s comments Motet simply stared at her as Vaneera countered her, rocking her head back and forth, nodding, and giving a whistle.

Now Mauve may have made a mistake here too, a mistake she may live to regret. Motet was an innocent soul, more so than most at heart. So when Mauve ‘gave her permission’ to call her a pirate? Motet nodded, as she, slowly (much to Vaneera’s pain) got back to her feet.

”Ok Miss pirate Mauve! I’ll call you that from now on!”

She put her hands on her hips proudly, yep that was a thing now.

Well, at least Vaneera saved her from getting yoinked again, like an unintentional guardian angel!

”Cotton candy, always cotton candy!”

She chirped playfully in response, without a care. As Vani’s distraction, from what she couldn't say ended Motet blinked a bit in confusion thinking.

”It is Vani…? How should i say it then?”

No, no she wasn't being smart, she genuinely meant that!

Mauve kept talking down about her, this got her a cheery, yet devilish grin her way, she had s simple statement to make to that , with her usual lack of restraint behind it.

”It’s funny miss pirate lady to hear about teamwork from someone who has not only already picked a silly fight with the student body and got there butthole handed to them, but is also doing a swimming job of being a team player herself right now, Veronica i’m sure is a badass leader, Vani ha just always been mine, I trust van van more than anyone, oh oh! Unless You randomly follow new people right away? That doesn’t seem smart miss pirate lady!”

She giggled, then did a spin and threw her arm playfully around Veronica’s shoulder.

”Besides, poor people and rich people can be jerks and baddies, my moms poor as shit and shes the most evil persona you’ll know!”

Perhaps the ease with which she said that made it sound like a joke, or like it wasn’t actually that bad but well… the farthest thing from the truth. She then, rather comically counted on her fingers as Veronica spelled out what she was calling Mauve. She then looked back to Vaneera.

”Vani, why is she spelling out calling pirate lady a bitch?”

”Anyway! I can work just fine with Veronica, she seems fun like Vani said! So stop being such a grouchy puss~”

She smiled at Veronica as she assured she wouldn't let them down, arm still around her shoulder she nodded.

”I’m sure you won’t! Your gonna do awesome! Sides this is a school so we’ll learn together to, no problem!”

Then came the fun of laying down! Or so she thought anyway, apparently it wasn’t time! Motet pouted, still at the foot of the bed she had tossed Vaneera on.

”But pirate lady is laying down! And we’ve done a lot today, cleary we need rest for the exam rightttt?? H oh or are we going to plan things? I can help! I just thought we’d all need rest”

She then blinked, confused at Vaneera’s statement of having her own bed. She then simply shook her head, as if this had been a question rather than a statement.

”Oh that’s fine Vani, that can be extra, i like sleeping with you!”

Wow, That wording wasn’t going to get better any time soon was it?

Well then again… it was like a light bulb went off in the girl's head, ah she understood what Vaneera meant! (She thought she did anyway)

”Ah now i get it Vani! I’ve got it covered!”

At first it seemed like she was simply listening to Vaneera, walking over to her bed, however she did not sit on it,, instead she went.. Behind it.

Oh no.

Yes she proceeded to, giggling and all push her bed.. Right up to Vaneera’s until they were as one, put right together. And then with a smile Motet resumed her pet like position at Vaneera’s feet. Getting nice and comfy once more.

”Their we go, all fixed Van van!’

Perhaps that answered Mauve’s question, yes, yes she was always like this…
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ”My spirit? HA! You think so?”

Hazel’s spirit was burning bright, Watts had managed to put her down, but she would not stay down. The woman refused to ever let her spirit break. You could not break the wind, you could not stifle the call for freedom. Facing Watts this was why he'd only see a grin on her face, a serious grin, but a grin nonetheless.

”I don’t care what you are, Thought you were smart with your tech savy but no, to think it’s so easy to beat a maiden… no, to beat I, the fairest, most vicious and greatest amongst mine people?! You are nothing short of a foolish fool! I’m going to take back MY relic and send you all crawling back to whoever sent you to my yellow brick road!”

That said she couldn't deny that the man was a clever one, at least in combat. His tech, at least, spoke of his talents, she’d probably nab him if he wasn’t miles away from her type, wouldn't fit into wonderland at all! She had her Cat, her Rabbit, her Wolf and her Straghtman! NO room for a grouchy old guy keen on stealing her things. Time to send him through a tornado to another world! She even had an audience in the form of her little visitor.

That grim would be trouble, but she’d just have to smash it until it didn't get up this time! …or that's what she thought. It seemed her little visitor had other plans, as the Grim attempted  to attack in tandem with Watts, It found a volley of arrows barring its way, arrows that caused it to burn as it hissed. It could absorb magic… but magic this wasn’t. As such it couldn't stop the burn it felt. Cinder grinned, behind her veil, voice still muffled.

”Two against one isn’t very gentlemanly you know, old man”

She then turned to the maiden, shaking her hooded head.

”No running, fine, but I’ll handle the Grimm, you can take your toy back from poindexter there”

Feigning ignorance of the object and the Grimm they both wanted made it less likely for her to be sussed out. She could do without the relics right now, having it would only mean having to turn it over to Salem to keep her cover anyway. Ensuring it stayed out of her hands was enough. Hazel herself blinked, but then gave a wide grin, shrugging her shoulders as she prepared to counter Watts attack.

”Whatever, makes no diff to me! I already smashed its head in once anyway, take the sloppy seconds please!”

Cinder somehow got the feeling that… she wouldn't’ be able to get a debt out of this woman for helping her. Whatever, it was enough that things didn’t fall apart this early.

Besides, no way was she letting WATTS nab the Relic!
    Cinder engaged the beast, keeping it at a distance with her arrows, but ensuring it couldn't get close to Hazel and Watt’s own fight, gradually she began guiding it away so she could finish the thing herself without worry.

She knew it could smell her magic to, and she’d use that as the bait to rope it in.

Meanwhile Hazel’s focus was now on the attacks heading her way, this man was no slouch.. But Hazel was far from one herself, he’d soon regret crossing elements with her! Hazel could respect confidence, but he would soon find his misplaced!

Side note? Completely silent attacks were lameeeee!

Perhaps Watts expected her to fire at his appentigies but no, that was not what was about to happen.  No, what was about to follow would feel like something out of a video game, or perhaps more accurately THAT part in an anime. HAZEL, WAS GOING TO, CHARGE.

And yes she did! Watts would see the Mad Hatter cartwheeling….  W…was she cartwheeling into his fire dust hand? …was she also a fire whee?!

”BEHOLD THE PERFROMACE OF WITCHAZEL~ SERIOUS HAZEL, TO KICK YOUR ASS”

This happened for each of those five robotic hands, make no mistake, the clashes were powerful things, taking effort on both sides… but Hazel’s way of making her clash? Was thoroughly chaotic indeed. She countered each of those arms with the element that attacked her but… the thing was… well… elemental trick counters… elemental juggle pin attack!  Windy ballerina spin KICK! A shocking….knife through the board trick… with the hand as the board! And lastly…. An icy butt pump, oh wow she really got into it to, bounced and all! Admittedly she got that one from a religious bundle of joy she had come across, if she was being honest theres packed more of a punch,  well thats what happened when you had a naturally plump….

Hazel, important fight, main story, GO!

She cupped her hands together staring watts down now.

”Give up yet? Im gonna blast you away if you don’t give me my relic you know!”

She then thrust her hands out in a motion that would defently not get a lawsuit from a certain other show/fandom, nope, sending a hurling big blast of wind Watts way! As a bonus.. She’d pay back the split attack he gave her, with the big ball splitting into smaller blasts half way through!

r=blue]”Of course they're useless to you, there your bane. Even if you could use them all they would do is burn from the inside out like a piece of meat! You are a sad thing, ever unable to reach your full potential, your wires are like, totes crossed”[/color]

The pinkette twin giggled, even through her tails as she rocked back and forth.

”You calling us hot wolfy? trust us, we know, but we're not interested in your lot sorry~! Underdogs are cute,but that attitude is trasssh! acting like its karma judging us.. And not like, your dumb little world views~! News, girl, You're as much a sinner as the rest of us! Nothing but a murderous little fiend hiding behind your little semblance. I wonder if your own Semblance would accept you or if it would like, swipe left!”

The false efigie of justice managed to avoid the blue twins attack, though it cost her her the weapon she wielded in the process. The feral child, eww picked up that trashed blade none the less, even letting it sully her without worry. The cringe, the edge, Elisi was disgusted, did this girl not know how to keep up with the trends? Gross, gross, it almost made her not want to absorb her, no way something like that tasted good.

Elisha had another worry, as she was the target of of Justice’s counter attack, taking advantage of the lull between moves, as trash as she was she was at least good at that. The thing was, this lull meant she was able to take aim at her heart. There was no way for her to avoid this physically…

But Elisha was an experienced Arcana, and she possessed skills she was sure Justice was unaware they possessed, Noob that she as.

”Low key? Big mistake”

Elisha focused her energy, her sister did the same.  It took a split second, but the force of her magic would be able to be felt as it’s own force, old… powerful, though ones experience might determine how that felt. They were not on the level of a maiden… but they yet had there own tricks.. and even with her experience and speed she barely made it, causing fire to rain up like a geyser to counter the blade, yet still scratching  her chest, and drawing blood from how close it had been, the blade left it's own wound, but one of less concern to an Arcania. Elisha grinned. Why? Well, she wasn’t the only one up to something.

Justice would find an incredibly cold feeling now rising up her feet, yes Elisi had made her move as well, focusing her magic directly into the ground so that it would slowly rise up Justice’s leg, it was a firm ice, reinforced as it was by her magic. If Justice didn’t notice in time, or get away, she might find herself in a very bad pickle!

Elisha continued her use of magic, now using it to heat the blade of her ax, she intended to make this girl hurt REAL bad now, Her weapon was now sharp and red hot, and whether she had avoided entrapment or not  or not Elisha was now bringing that red hot blade to bear on Justice, if she was stuck it would be a simple stroke, but if she had escaped she would of course be trying to now strike at her with a flurry of slashes, of course slowed as she was by the effects of justice semblance that didn’t stop the threat  of the attack, another thing to worry was that, until focused on herself Elisi would also keep trying to entrapment Justice in the same manner if she stayed in one spot for more than. Arcania were durable, that was for sure! But Elisha was certain she could burn right through her!

Curious though, Elisha’s first few strokes were a bit more sluggish, paused for a moment before she got fully into it.. Odd even for being under that semblence. Justice had no way of knowing, by the blue haired girl had seen a flash in her mind for a moment, a vision of a man that made her pause, ever briefly before crying out in rage and continuing her rapid attack upon Justice, whether she had been attacked or not!

It was much like how Justice had described them, made pretty in execution, but ugly... yet deadly in it's dance against her.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    RWBY: Forces of Grimm - Page 5 Image
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

Post by Raymu Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:36 pm

"your outfit must also fit you."...Those were the words Rhea gave to the amnesiac. Something that fit him...A spark of inspiration filled his cloudy mind, thoughts of something that he thought could fit him as a huntsman. Something that could show people he was a beacon of hope...That was what he wanted most, despite not knowing a lot about himself right now, somewhere just beyond the fog of his lost memories he could feel some idea stirring, ideals that he might have once held before he lost his old self. He kept the idea in mind to sketch down later when things slowed up. He gave Rhea a big smile.

"Thanks Doc, You're a genius!"

His out of the blue compliment was anything but. He had an image down, a uniform with room for adjustment for whatever shape his future abilities could take, something that could stand as a symbol and allow him as many upgrades as he could possibly ever need. Something that was strictly "Alba" as he was in the present. Her encouraging words gave him hope that his path forward wasn't quite as narrow as he had assumed. But even knowing failure was acceptable...Even knowing he could try again if he fell down, he gave Rhea a thumbs up, grinning brightly as though all was right in the world.

"You're right, but I'm still not gonna fail when everyone's believing in me like this! Awww yeah! This is the power of teamwork, I can feel it!!! I'll trust in them so I can be someone they can trust in too!"

That spark of inspiration had made the amnesiac boy absolutely glow. He gave Penny the very lightest pat on the back, still smiling.

"Don't worry about it, Penny. We've all got a lot of growing to do! I'm sure you'll become somebody even Minti would be proud of!"

The fun gang? That was a pretty good suggestion, but they could do even better, he was sure of that! Alba rubbed his chin as he thought it over, closing his eyes for a moment...

"What about the "Alba fan club"?"

.. He was - Unfortunately, entirely serious. In his defense, those two already seemed to be big fans of him! And who knows, maybe he was someone who had a fan club before he lost his memories? ... Well, probably not. There would have been people who recognized him if so. Yeah, Rivala's exasperation was only going to get worse at this rate. Penny and Alba really were completely helpless. He laughed playfully as Rivala finally admitted how nice friendship was.

"See there? You're starting to get the idea! The power of friendship is unmatched!"

He...Did look pretty embarrassed when she insisted on how well she could carry him.

"Urk...W-Well yeah but...The guy's the one who should be doing the carrying! You ever seen a princess carry prince charming around?!"

Somehow, some way, Alba was far too oblivious to catch the exchange that happened between Penny and Nora. He had assumed her smile was just a natural reaction to how much brighter things had become! The possibility that Nora was filling her head with weird stuff never crossed his mind...

Professor Peach could only laugh lightly at their exchange. These kids were definitely full of energy, she knew whatever happened things were going to turn out okay for them. Somehow...Everything would be alright. When Rivala thanked them, she rubbed the back of her head bashfully. She wasn't used to receiving compliments, especially when she was just doing her job.

"Oh my...Of course little Riva, don't mention it at all!"

There was some irony in calling her little when she towered over the doctor...But that was simply how Peach spoke. They were younger than her after all! She wasn't about to let Nora simply do as she pleased however! As she bid the trio farewell she tightened her grip on Nora's shoulder.

"My my, I'm so very glad you understand the benefits of proper healing little Nora! Yes, yes, you might have a lover but I'm certain she can wait for you to be released by the doctor!"

Peach perked up as a new person came in through the door not long after those three left. She was surprised to get so many visitors on the first day! But when she spoke with such familiarity about Nora, that was when the professor was able to piece things together.

"Ah you must be the person she was talking about! Mm? Of course Little Tetra! If that's what you prefer to be called then I have no problem doing that!"

She sighed, shaking her head as Nora began trying to weasel her way out of staying here. She had a smile on her face as she closed her eyes.

"That all depends on little Tetra. I'm not going to place such a massive responsibility on her shoulders unless she believes she can handle it. What do you think in that case, little Tetra?"

--Meanwhile...--

Alba was just as confused as Penny was right now - Perhaps even more so given how much more knowledge she had on the subject compared to him...It didn't help that she was now looking him over so intently, causing him to avert his gaze in embarrassment. Thankfully this fact was reason enough for him not to catch the slip in Penny's method of speaking.

"A spark huh...So it's like my aura needs more fuel? Well, maybe we can find something like that."

That being said...It was very hard to ignore just how closely she was staring at his chest. It was enough to make any guy feel a little bashful, but even more so when it was a pretty girl Alba was being stared at by. Still...He was at least able to understand what she was trying to say here. So his aura wasn't missing, it was just obscured by something...

"Uh...Stimulus...? Is that some kinda exercise? Well, I'm not all that worried. If you say it's there then I believe you! We'll find some way to unlock my aura in the next three days, I'm sure of it! If not... ... Well uh...Let's try not to think about that, okay?"

He laughed cheerfully, it was clear that the amnesiac wasn't too bothered by this. Rivala and Penny had helped him through a lot already and it had only been one day. Chances were these three would find a way around this problem too. Alba had caught Rivala's huff, and frowned a little, glancing over towards her very briefly. Was she worried about all of this-? As she spoke up he suddenly understood. She was definitely trying to help figure out this aura problem of his! Although her suggestion was a little bit hasty...

"Er, I'm not sure that's how it works Riva! Maybe I just have...Writer's block. But for...Y'know, aura?"

He raised an eyebrow, thinking it over for a second...And then shrugged. Rivala's tone was only becoming more and more worried...until she ended up apologizing to him. He glanced back over at her, a surprised expression on his face.

"Hah?"

That expression of confusion gave way to him realizing why she thought like this. But this time he didn't wait to think her words over. He shook his head, a warm smile forming on his face.

"Even if that was the reason I wouldn't hesitate to help you again. We're friends, right? That's just what friends are supposed to do. Besides...I'm not worried about it! I have a feeling my aura will show up exactly when I need it to."

Those were his honest feelings on that matter. He spoke with a sincere, calm tone of voice. There's no way he'd turn down an opportunity to help someone else, because...Ever since he woke up in Vale, back when he first saw Rivala, he couldn't ignoring this burning feeling deep inside him. A feeling telling him not to think, just help. If there's some way he can help someone, even just a little...it's something Alba can't possibly ignore. Maybe it was just a part of who he was on a fundamental level. If so he was glad at least some piece of him had survived the loss of his memories.

Snow had claimed a decisive victory. Her parents would certainly be proud of how quickly she put an end to Amber's strategy. She felt a high one could only get from wresting victory from defeat in the field of battle...She soon came back to reality, but what she expected to see scrawled on Amber's face was in fact not what was there in truth. She looked...Excited? Elated even. What? To say the eldest Merlot daughter was confused would be an understatement. And then Amber so suddenly shouted out calling her a queen.

"... What?"

Snow raised an eyebrow as the Alchemilla girl apologized profusely over what had just escaped her lips. But rather than be annoyed or disgusted, the Merlot girl raised a hand to stop Amber.

"Think nothing of it. I'm certain the impact just left you dazed and more than a little delirious. You had a lot of moment, even if I did my best to stop as much of it as I could manage. Are you okay? Do you need to visit the nurse's office?"

Snow was...A little taken aback by Amber's smile. Was what she said really worth that kind of smile? It contrasted very heavily with the Merlot's decidedly stoic expression. Still...If the experience had really been that positive for the neet then perhaps there was some merit in the end result Snow had reached.

"Of course I mean what I said. You might have lost but that doesn't invalidate your efforts. It doesn't mean you didn't try. I would have ended the fight immediately if you weren't trying after all. I...Don't think you need to worry about making yourself useful. I can only ask that you work to improve yourself given that I'm going to be your leader. Not just for my sake, but for yourself as well. Being a huntress means being able to fight with everything you've got, regardless of whether you win or lose. Other people are counting on us after all."

Despite her cold exterior...Snow really did hold a lot of pride in what it meant to be a huntress, it was clear from her words that on the inside she was just as hopeful and optimistic as others, even if she didn't want to show it. She was placing her trust in Amber as an ally, not as a "useful tool". Perhaps things really would be different here at Beacon...

Blake shook her head in anger. Ilia was misunderstanding even now! It wasn't about their friendship! That naive girl was missing the bigger picture! The cat's feet shifted slightly as she took a deep breath, fighting back her fears...

"Ilia! Adam destroyed a train full of innocent civilians! UNARMED innocent civilians! And this was just his latest move! I couldn't just stand by and let him do that anymore! Don't you understand? Can't you see what we've become? Have you even looked at yourself? He's not the only either!"

She reiterated her earlier point. She repeated those words with more force in her tone. Even if Ilia insisted she didn't care about that man and what he had done, it was the definitive proof Blake had to show just how far gone the fang were now...But her words were falling on deaf ears. Bowie scoffed, shaking his head in disappointment over this farce.

"You don't know the half of it. He's been doing a lot more than you think. All those mines in Atlas that collapsed and burned down...You really think that was the work of the mine owners? Why don't you stop and think for once? Why would someone sink their entire business just because they're prejudiced? You fang are so short sighted it's almost funny. And you're no different Pussy cat. 'Cause the way I see it...You waited until now to decide it was enough when the truth was right in front of you. You could have gotten out a long time ago. Damn! You're even more of a criminal than I am!"

Blake did her best to ignore his taunting...She averted her gaze for only a moment before looking back at them, her weapon still trained unshifting on the pair. It was Ilia's words she couldn't ignore...Despite everything she could only see this as a betrayal.

"It...it doesn't matter what they do! If they really hate me, I can live with that. If they want to laugh...I can ignore it! I just...I just want to be free from all of this! I want to leave my past behind! So what if I can't do anything but run from it?! What am I supposed to do when nobody would ever listen? I tried to tell the others before...What he was becoming. What I saw him changing into...But they thought I was overreacting! That I was just mistaken!"

Her hands were shaking. her breathing became heavy. It was...hard to breathe, hard to swallow. The room was spinning, her vision blurred from anger and fear. Protect the humans? Hide who she was? Ilia didn't understand! That wasn't...Why she did this. It wasn't, wasn't it?

"I...A terrorist? Is that what I am? is that what we are?"

She burned on the inside. Because Ilia was right. She was right to say Blake couldn't possibly tell anyone about this. ... She was too afraid. She was still that same scared little girl she was before, but now she couldn't even hide behind her parents. And then it all came to a sudden stop. The ear-piercing blast of a bullet fired in haste. It struck Ilia's arm...That expression was haunting. That look on her face. It wasn't like before, it was a look that defied explanation. The cat faunus's heart sank deeply as she realized what she had done. To have gone this far out of fear...Was that why she followed Adam for so long? ... Blake saw the bracelet lying on the floor as the smoke finally cleared away. She wordlessly gripped it in her hands, memories flooding back into her mind of the things they once shared as friends. When things were simpler. She pocketed the bracelet...And made her own escape. Staff would be there soon after all, and if they saw her, there was no possible way she could have explained things.

Bowie was just as silent as Ilia was during their escape. But in some way his own soul burned with anger. He was reminded of the things he saw an orphan. So many operations met with a sea of bodies. All because of those people who claimed they were fighting for a righteous cause. It seems all three of them left the scene with emotional wounds. And yet, being reminded of the kind of people he despised most...There was a brief thought that crossed Bowie's mind.

Self-doubt.

Yeah! Petting Motet would definitely be a good bonding exercise! It definitely would be... Definitely. ... There were some things even Veronica wasn't willing to do. She started to reach down for only the slightest moment before pulling her hand away, a grimace painted on her face. She shook her head as she glanced up at Vaneera.

"I...Think I'll pass on that actually..."

Veronica cleared her throat awkwardly as Vaneera began to defend her. She wasn't WRONG but the youngest Merlot daughter probably wouldn't have worded it like that...Still, she did at least appreciate having someone stand up for her. It made her anxiety ease off ever so slightly knowing that they weren't all here to eat her alive. Motet might have in the most literal sense, but it was best not to think about that.

"W...Well, I don't think I'd put it that way but...! Y-Yes I do think there's more nuance to things than class...N-N-Not that there aren't bad rich people! But you can be bad no matter your background! At least...That's what I think. But...You can also be good no matter what your background is...probably...But...I agree with Motet, basically!"

Though she spoke with such uncertainty, her point was made. Veronica believed that anyone could be bad or even good regardless of what status they were born with. She didn't believe morality was so static as Mauve might have believed on the surface. It seems this was a view she shared with Motet as well. That being said, when Mauve suggested Motet wear a towel to a dance, Veronica protested nervously.

"Oh gosh! Please don't do that, I think I'd die..."

Death by embarrassment would be...Well, a very embarrassing way to die, to say the least. Some might have considered that kind of death entirely figurative, but the youngest Merlot was convinced death by embarrassment was a literal, actual hazard at this point. Although she was more than a little confused when Vaneera brought up spying and theft.

"Huh? You think she's a spy? Why would a spy come to Beacon? W-Well not that it's impossible but-! I don't think I'm...Um...Particularly important enough to warrant being spied on... ... Mauve you're not a spy are you? Y-You'd tell your team leader if you were right?"

... There really was no helping this girl honestly.

She wordlessly panicked as Vaneera began her verbal assault on everything that Mauve was. It felt as though she had to take control of this situation to avoid things getting bad! But...There really wasn't anything she could possibly come up with to ease things out. Not like this. She waved her hands apologetically as she stared at the faunus.

"I-I um...! I think you could be a great teammate! You just gotta...Really try your hardest! It's just been a bad first impression that's all...!"

The worst part was...! Mauve thought Veronica was messing with her in regards to the plant thing! But at least it was gone as the smaller girl could only sigh in relief. As long as she didn't get eaten by a plant, it was probably fine if she thought Veronica was messing with her...probably. She did briefly perk up when Mauve mentioned cotton candy.

"Oh! I like cotton candy! I...oh..."

She quickly realized what Mauve was really trying to say. Of course someone like Veronica would actually take that line seriously...But at least it seemed as though Veronica and Motet were pretty like-minded considering they both chimed in at the same time without even a moment's hesitation! The Merlot daughter wasn't entirely sure what to make of that, to be honest.

"W-Well! I'm okay with tolerating each other! As long as you aren't fighting each other then it's okay!"

in some odd way however, Mauve's confidence in regards to their clearing the exam did fill the smallest girl with relief. Even despite her cockiness, there was something about the way that the faunus was so sure of herself that made Veronica believe she wasn't just blowing hot air - She meant every word she said. She was certainly the type of person who looked like she could back up her boasting...In most cases at least. And Motet was...Surprisingly complimentary of Veronica's skills as a leader despite not having a chance to prove herself yet. She rubbed her arm nervously, smiling ever so slightly.

"Thanks Motet...Yes, I think you're right. We are here to learn, aren't we? And that includes learning how to be a good leader. I'm still not so sure that I was the right choice...But if you really believe in me despite that then I'm going to give it my all."

The touching moment was interrupted as she rather quickly panicked once Motet called out the insult Veronica was trying to say so stealthily!

""U...Um I'm just not allowed to say that word is all...! Don't tell my sister!"

Veronica tried to climb out of bed only to go completely red with blushing as she heard Motet ever so casually state that she "liked sleeping with Vaneera"

"P-P-P-Phrasing?!"

Veronica dived out of the way in a panic as Motet began moving her bed quite violently out of place! She sighed in relief once she saw the arcana had only done so in order to move her bed next to Vaneera's. At least they were friendly, but...The team leader certainly had a long road ahead of her...

Ruby was deeply in love with...her weapon? Yang's insistence that it was a long story really didn't clear things up that much more for Weiss. She of course did her best to ignore Ruby's OBVIOUSLY childish huffing! Conveniently ignoring that she herself had just done that too. Ruby began bragging about her "beloved crescent rose". She was going to demonstrate that love too!

"No really, that's fine. You really don't have to-!"

BOOM! Weiss flinched as Ruby sent herself careening right into Yang's arms! The heiress had a look of shock on her face as she watched that entire exchange happen! She couldn't believe this girl was so reckless! She was so....ugh!

"What are you thinking?! You could have seriously injured yourself! At least be careful where you swing that...Crescent rose of yours! You really are absurd!"

Her expression only became even more shocked as Yang so boldly stated something embarrassing out loud!

"You...- You....!!! Not...My boyfriend!!!"

Weiss settled for an "AUGH!" of pure frustration as she watched Yang continue her own brand of absurdity! Honestly, she had no tact whatsoever! When Ruby insisted she wasn't a dolt, Weiss shook her head!

"I beg to differ! She really needs some self-control!"

The heiress' face turned a deep shade of red as Ruby joined in on claiming Karasu was her boyfriend! She quickly placed a hand firmly over Ruby's mouth, hoping no one heard her say any of those things!

"I only wanted him on my team! On my team!!! That's all! It's only because he seems capable and...That's the only reason you see!!! The only reason!"

... Weiss was very bad at lying. But she did eventually release Ruby's mouth from her death grip. Only just in time to hear her shout about Yang's exercise and an impromptu apology. Even if she was grateful that still didn't...! Weiss calmed herself, bringing that same old high class air right back as a newcomer arrived. The last thing she wanted do was give some new person weird ideas about what she was like!

And it seems...This girl recognized her. Not that it was particularly shocking to her, people recognized her all the time. But given how many people here HADN'T recognized her today it almost sent her for a loop to finally have that happen! "One wonders why she chose to come here"...She didn't answer that. Weiss had her own reasons for choosing Beacon over Atlas. Reasons she couldn't possibly share with any of them right now. On the other hand, when she mentioned Ruby was a silver-eyes she perked up.

"What? That dolt? A silver-eyes? I thought they were just gray! Surely you're joking."

Weiss sighed as she gripped the bridge of her nose with two fingers out of annoyance. She didn't dare elaborate on what silver eyes were in terms of Remnant's legends. The last thing she wanted was to give Ruby an excuse to get over-excited again!

However, when Poppy showed such a concerned expression after looking at Karasu, and then fell completely silent...That was when Weiss began to get a little weirded out. The heiress crossed her arms, tapping her foot as she waited for Poppy to say something.

"Well? What's wrong with him exactly? It's rude to stare you know."

Yeah, this girl was a weirdo. Giving Karasu such vague advice when she probably didn't even know him? Weiss simply wrote off her strange ramblings as the words of some goth prep girl. And yet, the heiress really wished this was the strangest thing that showed up today. Because right behind Poppy was a...G-G-G-G-Ghost! But those weren't real right?! Weiss's face went pale as she took on a terrified expression, her gaze locked on the being behind Poppy's shoulder. Despite her terrified expression, when Opal showed up, Weiss did her best to put up a brave face! She scoffed at the idea of spirits and paranormal activity!

"B-Bah! My father told me all about this! Ghosts are just a myth used to scare children into behaving! Honestly...T-The idea of a g-g-ghost of all things! Why...That little creature is probably just some kind of...Exotic bird!!"

Poor Weiss. Poor poor Weiss. She really was scared of ghosts.

Watts gritted his teeth in annoyance. Despite everything this maiden was still acting so cocky?! Just what was her problem anyway? And that girl with her...Her voice sounded so familiar...It was far too muffled to make out any specific details...But the way it struck the grimm with such power! Bah! Nevermind that, he needed to escape while they weren't both teaming up on him!

"Are you quite done talking?! Honestly for all your talk you can't even hold your own against technology! And you! I don't know who you are, but how dare you interrupt our fight! This is between myself and the Spring Maiden! The relic...Let go of it!"

The maiden was...Matching the elements of his weapons?! But that should have been impossible! She only had the element of wind! She countered every single robotic arm that was sent her way, one after the other, each impact was a small explosion of the element that was being matched, it was...Dealing damage to the mechanical tendrils that lashed out at her. He watched as she prepared a big attack...But he wasn't going to let her! Each of his robo-arms launched themselves right at her!

"Never! This relic belongs to us now!"

But his counter attack was too late. Hazel launched the blast of wind before the solid steel tendrils could close the distance, and all he could do in response was try to block the attack by moving them into a defensive position. But slowly he was losing his footing as he slid back, gritting his teeth in a rage...When it split into smaller attacks was when his fate was sealed! They began to tear apart the tendrils one by one, smashing them into submission before he could even react! The one that had held the relic was the last to go, sending Hazel's relic flying when it was smashed in half! And with one last ball of wind left...it struck Watts directly in the chest, blowing him away!

""CURSE YOU SPRING MAIDENNNNNNNNN...!"

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    RWBY: Forces of Grimm - Page 5 TowersignatureBorderSmaller
    More Things:
    CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years

Post by CivilProtection Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:51 am

"Yeah, lets spar" I reply. Hopefully it wont be too tough
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:21 pm

~~The Medical Ward~~

When Alba suggested a team name -- completely lacking in any hint of jest, mind you... There was someone present that honestly took in that suggestion, thinking it over deeply for a couple of seconds.

Penny then turns as if hit by a sudden realization.
    "Wait..."

The orange-haired girl pauses only momentarily; "That's brilliant! We're the Alba Fan Club!"

Just like Alba, Penny lacked any sense of humor or sarcasm in this declaration: She was being entirely genuine about it!

~~Present~~

Alba caught on pretty fast in regards to what was going on with his Aura. This prompts Penny to nod, as she straightens out swiftly.

"Correct! All it needs is a bit more fuel! That is an excellent way of looking at it, Alba."

She answered with a bright smile. He did express that they had a bit of a time limit, but it was three days to work with. If they didn't find it out by then, well... He opted to not think about that, but Penny decided to deal with that fear too.

"Don't worry. Even if by some chance we can't unlock your Aura by then, I am perfectly capable of seeing you through anything that comes our way! And as we are already on a team together, it is not against the rules for me to do so!"

Well, that was a straightforward solution. But it was hard to argue with Penny, she certainly showed off how strong she was before, and she was more than willing to be there for Alba and fight for him. They'd have to take the exam just like every other team as well, so... Two problems with one stone?

Though while she was so focused on Alba, she had inadvertently missed Rivala's earlier huff and impatience. When Rivala spoke up with her own concerns about this, and what might be stopping Alba's Aura... And a rather blunt way of trying to resolve the problem...

Penny's expression slightly shifted to one of worry, but not so much because of his Aura being blocked up like it is.

"Some people do have trouble with their Aura. It's uncommon, but not entirely unheard of. Trying to shake it loose would only make Alba dizzy."

Still, she couldn't fault Rivala for wanting to help. The girl seemed deeply troubled by the possibility that what happened earlier might be connected to his troubles now. In response, Alba handled it beautifully.

But Penny decided to add onto that comfort. Her earlier expression of worry had changed to one of a soft smile.

"Alba is correct. It was the right thing to do to help you when you required it!", she pauses briefly. "And you don't have to worry, it's not related to the earlier battle either!"

Taking a cue from Alba, she gives a confident thumbs up.

"We will be ready for the exam!"

Though Penny still seemed to be a bit... Awkward? She seemed to be picking up a lot of cues from everyone around her. If her current gesture was any indication.

When Ruby went for a high five, Yang gladly returned the gesture! With a grin she strikes a pose after said high five. This one decidedly less provocative, and more confident. Now they were finding their groove!

Ruby was sure to hit the right notes when it came to Crescent Rose too! She watches her sister's movements, and then... The grin fades as she realizes that she was gripping that precious weapon the wrong way. And then the impact landed, and then it fired. Which of course, Ruby wasn't expecting. So it had predictable results of launching her, weapon still in hand.

Thankfully, Yang had some quick reflexes, so she was able to catch Ruby.

"... You grabbed it the wrong way again, sis."

Well, they TRIED to look cool, anyway... Predictably, this once more earns Weiss's ire, who lets loose on Ruby for it.

"Aw, calm down! Ruby wouldn't make that big of a mistake."

Weiss then insisted that Yang needed to learn some self control. This prompts the blonde girl to let out a brief, amused "Heh", with a slight shrug of the shoulders.

"Look, I'm just saying... Try it on your boyfriend, I think he'd like it."

And right after saying that, Ruby's mouth got covered for basically saying 'boyfriend' earlier, and predictably, Yang's mouth got covered too. With Weiss insisting that she only wanted Karasu on her team.

Karasu was just watching all of this unfold with his arms crossed.

"... I never knew that Hunters and Huntresses were such lively people.", he admitted. That was all he had to say, already knowing that if he went into any specifics right now, he'd probably be catching an earful from Weiss.

Fortunately, the Heiress does release both Ruby and Yang from that silencing death grip. About at that point in time, someone else joins the crowd once more. This time an odd girl that had something to say about each person here. Starting with Ruby.

"Yeah, pretty cool right? She has eyes just like our mom!", Yang replied. Hoping for the inevitable question of who their mom was.

True, Yang was searching for her biological mother. But Summer Rose was every bit her real mom too! When the newcomer glanced at her and mentioned strength and beauty, that prompted Yang to run a hand through her golden hair, leaving it flowing briefly in the air after having done so.

"You got that right~"

Oh, as for that mysterious figure hovering around Poppy, and nodding along with everything she said? Yang thought it best not to question that.

With that out of the way, Weiss's popularity seemed to be self-evident once more. But the most curious of all was what this stranger had to say about Karasu.

She approached the Mercenary, and stared almost pleadingly into his eyes as she stated what sounded like a cryptic riddle -- and indeed, that was rather how everyone reacted to it... Save for one person.

The one that received the advice. Karasu didn't seem to budge much, or be overly surprised about it. His arms remained crossed as he calmly addressed what she had to say.

"Hmm... A philosopher?", he mused aloud briefly. "Well, unfortunately some roads don't have any forks."

He pauses. "And in my case, turning back isn't possible either. So for the moment, all I can do is continue walking it."

Despite his brief responses to the advice, he did then add this however; "You're not the first to offer advice. I've heard a lot of people say similar things before... But you're welcome to further state your case."

Karasu seemed to be pretty good at reading people... Perhaps more than Poppy first believed.

With the timely arrival of Opal, who called the strange 'Dur Dur' back over to her and then introduced her team... It didn't seem like things were going to get any less chaotic anytime soon.

"Ghosts and other supernatural things, huh? That sounds kinda interesting! Let me know if you ever find a supernatural something that needs a good punching!"

Yang comments by pounding her fist into her open palm. Even without the Shotgun Gauntlets, there was some impressive force in that display.

... Weiss seemed to be much worse off about this last part, though. In fact...

What was running through Karasu's head right now was;
    (Close. Way too close.)

Mauve had a real knack for putting weird ideas in Motet's head... Like wearing a towel to the dance. When Motet looked at her curiously as if to say 'Can I?', Vaneera responded with a shake of the head, clearly stating 'No'.

Veronica voiced her own concerns in regards to that. And thankfully -- albeit painfully slowly -- Motet got back onto her feet. Which meant the only real concern now was that Mauve had just signed a painful warrant for herself by giving Motet permission to refer to her as a pirate.

"... You might regret doing that."

That's all Vaneera had to say. Ominous.

Mauve seemed like she could just shrug off anything when it came to Motet and Veronica, and even made a mention of cotton candy in the process. This prompted a small groan out of Vaneera. Great, she was going to have to pick up some cotton candy for Motet later... Probably some for Veronica too, if her reaction was any indication.

Though in Veronica's case, it might be to cheer her up, instead of sating Motet's ravenous appetite.

Now, if Mauve COULD indeed not care what Motet and Veronica had to say... Vaneera was a different case, that was something the red-haired girl picked up on. It became clear because they were the only two actively engaging in a verbal joust at this point. Much to Veronica's concern.

"Yeah. It's been me and Motet for awhile now. She's used to seeing me as the leader. She tends to find it pretty annoying when someone else comes in acting like they're a big shot.", she pauses momentarily. "So, understanding her concerns, I pointed out that in this case, Veronica will make for a good leader. Part of being a team is knowing how your team mates feel, and how they think."

Surprisingly bereft of insult, and a succinct explanation of her reasoning for heading off that whole issue. If Mauve had issue to take with that, well... That was just her being stubborn at that point.

That being said, Vaneera certainly wasn't amused at Mauve's claim that it was mere curiosity.

"Curiosity doesn't mean you take something that isn't yours and snoop off to try and figure out someone else's ability and weapons without them knowing.

And considering you just said that you weren't going to bother talking with us to learn about us, our fighting styles, or our Semblances and would rather figure it out all on your own through your own methods... That's pretty much the definition of 'espionage'.
    "

Vaneera shot that down handily, and further added; "At the very least it means you don't trust us, and would make a poor addition to the team. Either way, you're in no position to criticize anyone else here."

Vaneera then rolled her eyes when Mauve said that she was annoying and to just stick to shorter insults, instead of being long-winded.

"Then work your way up to being an idiot."

Well, that was certainly more to the point.

And in any case, Mauve ended up missing the bigger point about the fact that she already got into a fight on her first day.

"You could try not getting into a fight on your first day?"

How was this so complicated? That was what ran through Vaneera's head.

Now... When it came to Veronica having to spell out a cuss word, prompting Motet to immediately pick it up and ask why she was doing that, well...

"Some people expect their daughters to be very good girls, Motet.", that was the easiest way to explain it for now.

Veronica's own response served to add onto that explanation. But of course, as Motet's words continue to paint anything BUT innocent implications... Veronica had the completely predictable reaction to it.

"She meant to phrase it that way. She doesn't know what lewd things are."

She once more left the explanation at that. Jeez, this was going to be a long day... If not for Motet being so insistent about getting rest now, she might have actually tried unwinding to do just that. But in her own innocent way, she made it a bit hard to do that.

Case in point: Motet shoving her bed to be right next to Vaneera's. Veronica dove for cover in response, but seemed to realize that it wasn't because Motet was going to use a bed to beat a motherfucker into submission.

Though if anyone called for that kind of response, Mauve was working their way to that.

Speaking of, that girl asked if Motet was always like this, along with a remark about 'pale face'.

"Yes. Welcome to my life."

Ah, so that's what the ominous phrasing was about earlier...

Pyrrha smiled as Chaos accepted her offer to spar!

"Excellent! Let's go to a more appropriate venue, then!"

With that, and without even thinking about it, she stands up and grabs his hand, and helps him onto his feet, then she begins making her way out of the dorm room. She's leading the way to the arena, where they'll have plenty of room to get some practice in.

"Don't worry. For our first session, I just want to see what you can do. We'll go from there, okay?"

She mentions during the walk on the way there, it would take a bit, which meant that Chaos found himself on a walk with a girl while holding hands. Plenty of opportunity to talk, too.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Aut viam ivenium aut faciam | I shall either find a way or make one
    Nothost
    Nothost
    Super Friend
    Super Friend
    Three years
    You've been a member for three whole years!

Post by Nothost Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:34 pm

Rhea blinked, slipping her hands into the pockets of her lab coat. She looked at the pale boy quizzically.

"That's what the IQ tests have always said. But I'm unsure how that matters here. Still, if something I said inspired you, then I'm glad I could help."

She offered Alba a slight smile when he gave her a thumbs up. Was it corny? Absolutely. But she wasn't going to discourage it. If anything, having someone with such a positive attitude would help everyone around him.

"I think that's an admirable way to live life. I hope you'll always think that way and trust in others. You have the right attitude to be a hunter."

His ideas were at bit outlandish still. She couldn’t help but chuckle lightly at his insistence of calling his team "Alba's fan club". He didn't seem like the vain type, so he earnestly thought that was a good name.

"I hope he doesn't lose this mindset. Sometimes the world straps positivity from people."

Rhea watched as Penny and Alba interacted together. She couldn’t help but be curious about what he could do. Her only role right now was that of an observer.

"Hmmm, I do feel like I'm intruding on a private moment. But it does make it easier for me to teach if I know my students' capabilities beforehand. I don't have any data on these two. Hopefully Alba will prove to be a fast learner."

Back in the infirmary, Lumin crossed her arms, looking at Nora sternly. "I had no doubt of the outcome of the battle. But don't make a habit of testing your limits against the pacification field. Even if your semblance is tailored to it, you'll burn through your aura quickly with the feedback you'll get from this."

The pink-haired girl unfolded her arms, raising an eyebrow at the wink that Nora gave her. What was Nora up to this time? Oh. Well, this complicated things.

"It makes sense for me to support my girlfriend. On the other hand, Howard won't like it and we'll need to be more careful discussing our plans. Granted I don't care if Howard likes it or not."

She looked at Nora, then looked over at Peach. She pressed her palms together, looking the teacher in the eyes.

"I doubt she'll be in bed for long, but I'll care for her for as long as she is. I'll even deliver her assignments if need be.If it's okay with you, professor Peach."

Poppy leaned forward, bending her upper body forward until Her face was just a foot away from Ruby's. Her eyes with the clover-shaped pupils shining brightly. All with that strange aberration looming over her shoulder.

"Oh yes, there are tales galore of the silver-eyes. Well, there are plenty of tales where I come from. Hmmm… maybe the grimm-slaying Silver Eyes aren't as prominent a tale in Vale…"

She pondered, striking her chin. She didn't seem perturbed by the strange thing hanging over her shoulder. She looked back behind her, gazing past the apparition and towards the person who had called out her name. She waved a hand at her.

"Opal, I know of few spirits who would perform mischief on such a joyous, sunny day! My curiosity simply got the better of me, and I had to meet with… oh dear."

Poppy looked back at Ruby, leaning back up. "How could I have forgotten my manners? I am Poppy of the Terragon family. I'm pleased to meet your acquaintance."

She clasped her palms together, giving Ruby a brief bow. After her interaction with Ruby, she turned to Karasu. She raised a finger, a thoughtful expression on her face.

"Hmmm… perhaps I am a philosopher of sorts. My family has always dove into the bigger picture. There is never just one path. But some only choose to see one."

She frowned at his words, her eyes gazing at Karasu sympathetically.

"It's not my place to tell someone I don't know what path to go down. Not unless they ask for advice. If you're resolved to walking down a gloomy road with little light, then keep forward on your journey. But I do implore you to consider other avenues of life."

Poppy was half tempted to use her semblance with Yang's proclamation. Dealing with spirits was not as simple as punching them. Disrespecting them ended up terribly, more often than not. She gave Yang a mysterious smile.

"Perhaps you'll get your chance during the festival. Spirits are drawn to big crowds on occasion"

Mauve just rolled her eyes at the interaction Vameera and Motet were having. To her, it seemed like Motet was an extension of Vaneera. Or some kind of pet. Mauve starred as her teammate rubbed up against Vaneera.

"You act more like a cat than I do, and I'm a damn Faunus."

She rolled her visible eye as Motet apparently took that as an invitation to call her a pirate. She looked over at Vaneera.

"I don't have any regrets. But at this rate I'll have plenty of them spending a few years here."

And then Motet proceeded to insult her again. Once more, she couldn’t tell if she was being messed with. Or if the girl really did not have any type of filter. She rolled her eye.

"Look who's talking. I'll be surprised if you ever score a B on anything."

Mauve walked over to Veronica, staring down at the smaller girl. The height difference was very apparent when they were standing next to each other.

[/color]"I have yet to see a decent rich person. You're probably the nicest one I've seen. Not that it's a very high bar. Don't think we're going to carry you to an easy life though. Being a huntress is a whole other responsibility."[/color]

Mauve snorted at Veronica's fretting. "You would be embarrassed? I'd have to go into witness protection if I got dragged to the dance in a towel."

Mauve walked away from Veronica and leaned against the far wall, folding her arms under her chest. "I am what I am. I'm a bitch. Oh sorry. B-I-T-C-H. I should use my manners in front of a princess."

She said, smirking at the younger girl. She let out an amused snort when Veronica mentioned her enjoyment of cotton candy.

"If you wanna pig out in the village during your time off, be my guest. I heard today food is pretty good here."

Mauve glance over at Vaneera. She stood up straight, giving her a hard look.

"Hmph. You've got some skill, so finding thinga out my way would be a pain in the ass." Mauve sighed, rubbing the side of her head with a hand.

"Fine, I'll buddy up a little bit. But I ain't going to share my embarrassing baby photos either. Everyone's got stories they don't wanna tell. Well except maybe our team leader over here. She's the most open person I've ever seen."

Case and point: the admittance of not being allowed to say a swear word. She gave the girl a grin.

"Don't you know? You're allowed to do a lot of things now. As long as you pass the entrance exam. You're considered an adult the moment you become a huntress in training. That means you can do all the swearing and boozing you want to. Your sister must be a real hardass if she didn’t tell you that part."

She grunted as Vaneera brought up the fight again. She clenched her fist.

"Well maybe if that crazy flower girl didn't try smashing me with a hammer I wouldn't have had to get into a damn fight! I wasn't gonna tuck tail and run from it!"

Mauve let out a sigh as she witnessed what Motet was now doing. So this was indeed the norm.

"So now she's everyone's problem huh? Well as long as she's good I guess I don’t care what she's like."

Shortly after Watts got sent flying, the sound of slow clapping reverberated in the air.

"You  two sent that guy flying!  I'm pretty sure he's a villain, but I sure hope he survives that landing!"

From the edge of the small town a figure walked forward, clapping her hands together. She gave two women a smile.

RWBY: Forces of Grimm - Page 5 20221110_143215

"The wondrous witch-hazel was it? You and your partner here should go save that girl fighting on the outskirts. I'm not that good when it comes to combat, but I can make sure the villagers get somewhere safe. I'm a hunter that specializes in relief efforts. They'll be safe with me."

She flashed the two other women a grin.

Justice felt the blade start to pierced the twins heart. Even in the face of the magic she felt, she tried to twist in what was essentially the knife into her heart. Even as she felt the cold creeping up her legs, she kept trying to push her arm through the fire and stab the arcana's heart. She snarled as the flames licked her arm. She only pulled back with a snarl of pain when the flames had melted her blade.

It was that fire that also saved her. That magical ice would have kept her in place had she not stayed so close to the flames. Even though she mabaged to jump back and break the ice arljnd her legs, she collapsed onto her hands and knees. She just barely managed to roll aside of the first axe strike. But her movements were now sluggish.

Her reactions were as sluggish as the twins had become. All she could do was dodge: she didn't have any weapon to counterattack with. Justice let out a snarl as one ax blow whizzed by her ear. The flames licked against her cheek and left a slight burn mark. It didn't look like Justice would last for much longer at this rate.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    RWBY: Forces of Grimm - Page 5 2pq8T3s

Raymu likes this post

Lamia
    Lamia
    Chaotic Horny
    Chaotic Horny
    Five Years
    You've been part of our home for half a decade!

Post by Lamia Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:24 pm

Peach’s grip was tight, and at was coming form Nora of all people. Like what the heck she felt like a DANGER flare from a game was being prompted with that touch!

”Oh ummm yes of course miss peach. Rest is important… and.. Stuff.. Ehhe.. b..but you don’t under….”

She was about midway through trying to come up with an excuse, then she came in. and all that followed there after! Along with Peach PARLTY going in to her plan… but only if Lumin was able to follow the hints she was giving away… What was she saying? Tetra was a genius! She no doubt already fully knew what she was thinking!

….
    ……

……

Please please please my cecile

But first…. She was getting the lecture she expected from her girlfriend. She rubbed her shoulder, nodding.

”I won’t! I promise! I wouldn't want to worry you Tetra, I’ll be extra careful. Besides, I'd miss out on our training if I kept coming here, so… I’ll do my best, I will”

As Lumin seemed to be thinking over what she meant Nora could only hope she caught on. Would a prayer get her through this? Maybe a sacrificial nut offering? DRAT she didn’t even HAVE any nuts on her! Now what was she going to…

She was taken from these random thoughts when Lumin did in fact see her thoughts through! Oh thank goodness. Now she’d be able to get out of here and… did she just say she’d deliver her school work? AHHH that was so romantic! She was pretty sure she saw that in a movie once in fact. She blushed a bit, then turned to the nurse.

”Seeeee? I told you my girlfriend would take care of me! So i’ll stay with her until I recover! You said she could if she accepted right? Fair is fair Miss Peach! Besides love is is a powerful healer isn't it? I bet I’ll be up and at 'em in no time!”

A confident wink and pose accompanied her words, which promptly made her side hurt again as she groaned.

Maybe she could get Tetra to do treatment!
    Rivala blinked in surprise, a light blush crossing her blue cheeks at Alba’s words. He didn’t regret it at all.. Not in the slightest. Far from it he was trying to comfort her on the matter. This man was… something else. But in a good way, she thought. It felt familiar, that warmness… but she couldn't put her finger on why. But that familiarity told her it was ok. She still felt some blame but…. It would be fine. He was right, and she would pay her debt for that rescue as well-She would ensure he passed that… exam. Even if the only way she could was to help him with this aura situation or, worse come to worse.

INTENSE PHYSICAL TRAINING SO THAT NOTHING CAN PENETRATE HIM ANYWAY!

”Heh… I’m sure your right, if it doesn't… I’ll ensure your body is able to withstand the pressure of your trial, through training, and if need be.. Craft, I promise Alba”

A slightly fanged smile followed that expression, she meant it, her methods would probably be a bit extreme by most human standers, but she really did mean the best. She wanted to help this man, she would see him succeed. She was also glad Penny was on his team as is, so that she can help him on his trial as well, between these two things she was certain they would be able to overcome things in the event his aura doesn't come out in time.

”I would assist to, but If I am understanding correctly, I am not allowed to help with that hunt, so instead I will do all I can to help you prepare, both of you if needed”

She gave a light smile Penny’s way, yes she meant it for both.

”You both could use more protective garb for such an event for example, If this Aura fails, or your not able to use it, having another layer of defense is not something to be overlooked”

Penny’s words also brought her comfort, they seemed so sure that it wasn’t due to the earlier fight… she really did hope that was the case. She’d feel terrible if helping her had harmed him in such a way. Rivala smiled and, mimicking the others gave a thumbs up as well. She smiled with the others.

”This is the correct way of doing it yes….? I’m not used to these gestures… yes, the test will be overcome, we shall ensure it!”

She felt more confident and happy at that moment. She was still determined to resume her search.. But she wouldn't abandon these people, even if she wasn’t stuck right now. It just wasn’t in her nature, she was sure ‘He’ would agree on that, after all he was the same way. So similar to the way this man had acted in that moment…

And maybe, just maybe that’s why she was so determined to help him through this…

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    RWBY: Forces of Grimm - Page 5 Image

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:32 am