Magical gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Magical gamers

A forum for games, stories and much more!

A Loner and a Bunch of Girls [Day 1: RWBY/OCLT/Karasu]

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

A Loner and a Bunch of Girls [Day 1: RWBY/OCLT/Karasu] Empty A Loner and a Bunch of Girls [Day 1: RWBY/OCLT/Karasu]

Post by Amord Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:34 pm

Lamia

She had her sister here, so she’d be fine right? Yang was confident, both in demeanor and of herself. She was strong. Her sister had many things she wished she had, in terms of ways for her to be better, both physically and mentally. Ruby looked up to her sister a lot naturally due to this, there were many ways she wanted to be like her, to emulate her. When she thought of people she wanted to emulate for her leadership, her sister and mother were what immediately came to her mind.

Perhaps Yang had some worry if she was doing good, as far as Ruby was concerned she was doing wonderfully. Even if… she brought an embersement hammer down at times! Ruby turned to her sister at her words of encouragement, and with a playful smile.

A Loner and a Bunch of Girls [Day 1: RWBY/OCLT/Karasu] Unknown

With that bright and cheerful smile she gave her older sister a high five!

”Heck yeah!”

Weiss though? Weiss didn’t know what she was in for… a chess champion huh? Well that was of course impressive, she wasn’t to good at chess herself, (Read:At all) But this was a completely different game! She couldn't help but giggle at that thought, devious (read, minorly mischievous) thoughts filling her mind at the heiress’ confidence. She’d just let her find out that little detail herself.

She was still super thankful for the help she was going to give her though!

Weiss’ huffs were in union with Ruby’s own as she herself gave them as a response to Weiss’ words crossing her arms.

”Fine with me, miss mean!”

On the subject of her weapon, as if on contradiction and with Yang’s answer Rub’s face became a wide grin.

”My true love, my dear Crescent Rose! Hehe… it’s truly a wondrous piece of metal, here I’ll show you!”

Taking her weapon from her back, she gave a grin as t shifted into its (rather badass) Scythe form, she then gave a giggle as she confidently gave it a spin and well…

It hit the ground.

In the wrong direction…

Causing it to fire… (thankfully not at anyone…)

And well, launch Ruby straight into the air, and into her sister's arms again…. Gripping her baby the whole time.

Ruby gave a cough, nodding her head as if nothing happened.

”See? Isn’t it amazing? Ahem, naturally it can do tons! From a distance, up close, i can cover it all!”

She gave another huff as Yang continued

”Heyyyy don’t call Yang a dolt! She's awesome, she's just… flirty.. A lot… and… expressive…”

Even as she said the words her face paled a bit at the same time, as if to say ‘yeah, this happens a lot’ It did… it really, really did. She loved her sister but… whyyyy?

Exhibit A? What Yang was now doing with Ruby back on her feet, that being showing her ‘what to do with her roses’ for the person she liked. Something that made Ruby blush in embarrassment for SEVERAL reasons. First because.. sh e was doing this in public! In front of PEOPLE! Agggh she wanted to retreat! The other was… well…

”H…hey I told you I don’t have any plans to get a boyfriend Yang! I’m here to be a great huntress, not a wife d..dang it!”

On the subject of Karasu actually being Weiss’ boyfriend Ruby rubbed her chin in thought, tapping her foot.

”Well I mean it sure looks like it, why ese would she want him so badly? Or be so defensive….”

The struggle of hand to chest continued, with Ruby red once more, despite this when asked why Yang was so strong Ruby, despite her embersiment couldn't help but comment herself.

”Oh Yang works out a lot! Weight lifting and all, i’m pretty sure she puts most full hunters ot shame, as a result she has a REALLY strong hand game, I suggest never challenging her to arm wrestling….. Or leg Wrestling… or Chest wrestling…. Or ummm… well, I’m sorry but you might be doomed here, sorry Weissss!”

On the subject of Ruby’s constant hugging? For that it was Weiss’ turned to be embarrassed and Ruby turned red with embarrassment once more shaking her head.

”Sorry Weiss I’m just really grateful and…. huh?”
    Ruby’s apology was interrupted by a new arrival, ANOTHER PERSON, AHHHH. Causing Ruby to blink in confusion. To her words, To how easily she just thrust herself into the conversation Ruby could only give a…

”H…huh…?”

This girl, with the admittedly rather cool looking eyes had come out of nowhere, she seemed friendly but… but what…? And she was talking about her eyes? What about her eyes? Well yeah they were silver and she had never seen anyone but mom with silver eyes besides her, but that just made her really rare right? Were there really legends about that sort of thing?

”My eyes are… legendary?”

She talked to the others gathered to, namely Karasu but… truth be told that wasn’t the strangest thing about it all, through out it all, she wasn’t sure if the girl didn’t address it because it was hers, or if she was just already aware of it, but there was weird black humanoid creature behind her the whole time, just nodding it’s head as if casually agreeing to everything she said, this went through various motions from doing so directly by her face, or just nodding with it’s arms crossed behind her.

These two things combined had Ruby’s mind reeling in confusion, swirls figuratively forming in her eyes as she rubbed her head.

”W…wha…whaaaa?”

Now who did this being belong to? Well that question would soon be answered by the woman walking up behind Poppy clad in the Beacon uniform was one red head named Opal Saffron, a bright smile on her face.

”Oh so this is where you got to Poppy! You really shouldn't leave me like that! I thought a spirit might have nabbed you at first! ….who are these guys? Friends? Oh Dur Dur, I told you not to hang all over Poppy like that!”

In response the dubbed being ‘Dur Dur’ backed up some with a huff, crossing it’s arms and returning to Opal’s side.

”Ah if my teammate is meeting you, I should introduce myself to! Opal Saffron, leader of team OCLT, paranormal hunter extordanire! You have any ghost problems come straight to me!”

Another blink came from Ruby, she still only had one possible reply to all this.

”Whaaaa?!”

Opal blinked at this, was she.. that weird? ...Anyway, she'd hold out a hand to her teammates aquatinces with a smile, she clearly hadn't been joking about anything she said, she was also... really unphased by the weird floating black thing wasn't she?!

"Nice to meet you all~! As I said, any ghost or spiritual related matters, just leave them to us, team OCLT!"

Ray

Ruby was deeply in love with...her weapon? Yang's insistence that it was a long story really didn't clear things up that much more for Weiss. She of course did her best to ignore Ruby's OBVIOUSLY childish huffing! Conveniently ignoring that she herself had just done that too. Ruby began bragging about her "beloved crescent rose". She was going to demonstrate that love too!

"No really, that's fine. You really don't have to-!"

BOOM! Weiss flinched as Ruby sent herself careening right into Yang's arms! The heiress had a look of shock on her face as she watched that entire exchange happen! She couldn't believe this girl was so reckless! She was so....ugh!

"What are you thinking?! You could have seriously injured yourself! At least be careful where you swing that...Crescent rose of yours! You really are absurd!"

Her expression only became even more shocked as Yang so boldly stated something embarrassing out loud!

"You...- You....!!! Not...My boyfriend!!!"

Weiss settled for an "AUGH!" of pure frustration as she watched Yang continue her own brand of absurdity! Honestly, she had no tact whatsoever! When Ruby insisted she wasn't a dolt, Weiss shook her head!

"I beg to differ! She really needs some self-control!"

The heiress' face turned a deep shade of red as Ruby joined in on claiming Karasu was her boyfriend! She quickly placed a hand firmly over Ruby's mouth, hoping no one heard her say any of those things!

"I only wanted him on my team! On my team!!! That's all! It's only because he seems capable and...That's the only reason you see!!! The only reason!"

... Weiss was very bad at lying. But she did eventually release Ruby's mouth from her death grip. Only just in time to hear her shout about Yang's exercise and an impromptu apology. Even if she was grateful that still didn't...! Weiss calmed herself, bringing that same old high class air right back as a newcomer arrived. The last thing she wanted do was give some new person weird ideas about what she was like!

And it seems...This girl recognized her. Not that it was particularly shocking to her, people recognized her all the time. But given how many people here HADN'T recognized her today it almost sent her for a loop to finally have that happen! "One wonders why she chose to come here"...She didn't answer that. Weiss had her own reasons for choosing Beacon over Atlas. Reasons she couldn't possibly share with any of them right now. On the other hand, when she mentioned Ruby was a silver-eyes she perked up.

"What? That dolt? A silver-eyes? I thought they were just gray! Surely you're joking."

Weiss sighed as she gripped the bridge of her nose with two fingers out of annoyance. She didn't dare elaborate on what silver eyes were in terms of Remnant's legends. The last thing she wanted was to give Ruby an excuse to get over-excited again!

However, when Poppy showed such a concerned expression after looking at Karasu, and then fell completely silent...That was when Weiss began to get a little weirded out. The heiress crossed her arms, tapping her foot as she waited for Poppy to say something.

"Well? What's wrong with him exactly? It's rude to stare you know."

Yeah, this girl was a weirdo. Giving Karasu such vague advice when she probably didn't even know him? Weiss simply wrote off her strange ramblings as the words of some goth prep girl. And yet, the heiress really wished this was the strangest thing that showed up today. Because right behind Poppy was a...G-G-G-G-Ghost! But those weren't real right?! Weiss's face went pale as she took on a terrified expression, her gaze locked on the being behind Poppy's shoulder. Despite her terrified expression, when Opal showed up, Weiss did her best to put up a brave face! She scoffed at the idea of spirits and paranormal activity!

"B-Bah! My father told me all about this! Ghosts are just a myth used to scare children into behaving! Honestly...T-The idea of a g-g-ghost of all things! Why...That little creature is probably just some kind of...Exotic bird!!"

Poor Weiss. Poor poor Weiss. She really was scared of ghosts.

Amord

When Ruby went for a high five, Yang gladly returned the gesture! With a grin she strikes a pose after said high five. This one decidedly less provocative, and more confident. Now they were finding their groove!

Ruby was sure to hit the right notes when it came to Crescent Rose too! She watches her sister's movements, and then... The grin fades as she realizes that she was gripping that precious weapon the wrong way. And then the impact landed, and then it fired. Which of course, Ruby wasn't expecting. So it had predictable results of launching her, weapon still in hand.

Thankfully, Yang had some quick reflexes, so she was able to catch Ruby.

"... You grabbed it the wrong way again, sis."

Well, they TRIED to look cool, anyway... Predictably, this once more earns Weiss's ire, who lets loose on Ruby for it.

"Aw, calm down! Ruby wouldn't make that big of a mistake."

Weiss then insisted that Yang needed to learn some self control. This prompts the blonde girl to let out a brief, amused "Heh", with a slight shrug of the shoulders.

"Look, I'm just saying... Try it on your boyfriend, I think he'd like it."

And right after saying that, Ruby's mouth got covered for basically saying 'boyfriend' earlier, and predictably, Yang's mouth got covered too. With Weiss insisting that she only wanted Karasu on her team.

Karasu was just watching all of this unfold with his arms crossed.

"... I never knew that Hunters and Huntresses were such lively people.", he admitted. That was all he had to say, already knowing that if he went into any specifics right now, he'd probably be catching an earful from Weiss.

Fortunately, the Heiress does release both Ruby and Yang from that silencing death grip. About at that point in time, someone else joins the crowd once more. This time an odd girl that had something to say about each person here. Starting with Ruby.

"Yeah, pretty cool right? She has eyes just like our mom!", Yang replied. Hoping for the inevitable question of who their mom was.

True, Yang was searching for her biological mother. But Summer Rose was every bit her real mom too! When the newcomer glanced at her and mentioned strength and beauty, that prompted Yang to run a hand through her golden hair, leaving it flowing briefly in the air after having done so.

"You got that right~"

Oh, as for that mysterious figure hovering around Poppy, and nodding along with everything she said? Yang thought it best not to question that.

With that out of the way, Weiss's popularity seemed to be self-evident once more. But the most curious of all was what this stranger had to say about Karasu.

She approached the Mercenary, and stared almost pleadingly into his eyes as she stated what sounded like a cryptic riddle -- and indeed, that was rather how everyone reacted to it... Save for one person.

The one that received the advice. Karasu didn't seem to budge much, or be overly surprised about it. His arms remained crossed as he calmly addressed what she had to say.

"Hmm... A philosopher?", he mused aloud briefly. "Well, unfortunately some roads don't have any forks."

He pauses. "And in my case, turning back isn't possible either. So for the moment, all I can do is continue walking it."

Despite his brief responses to the advice, he did then add this however; "You're not the first to offer advice. I've heard a lot of people say similar things before... But you're welcome to further state your case."

Karasu seemed to be pretty good at reading people... Perhaps more than Poppy first believed.

With the timely arrival of Opal, who called the strange 'Dur Dur' back over to her and then introduced her team... It didn't seem like things were going to get any less chaotic anytime soon.

"Ghosts and other supernatural things, huh? That sounds kinda interesting! Let me know if you ever find a supernatural something that needs a good punching!"

Yang comments by pounding her fist into her open palm. Even without the Shotgun Gauntlets, there was some impressive force in that display.

... Weiss seemed to be much worse off about this last part, though. In fact...

What was running through Karasu's head right now was;
    (Close. Way too close.)

Nothost

Poppy leaned forward, bending her upper body forward until Her face was just a foot away from Ruby's. Her eyes with the clover-shaped pupils shining brightly. All with that strange aberration looming over her shoulder.

"Oh yes, there are tales galore of the silver-eyes. Well, there are plenty of tales where I come from. Hmmm… maybe the grimm-slaying Silver Eyes aren't as prominent a tale in Vale…"

She pondered, striking her chin. She didn't seem perturbed by the strange thing hanging over her shoulder. She looked back behind her, gazing past the apparition and towards the person who had called out her name. She waved a hand at her.

"Opal, I know of few spirits who would perform mischief on such a joyous, sunny day! My curiosity simply got the better of me, and I had to meet with… oh dear."

Poppy looked back at Ruby, leaning back up. "How could I have forgotten my manners? I am Poppy of the Terragon family. I'm pleased to meet your acquaintance."

She clasped her palms together, giving Ruby a brief bow. After her interaction with Ruby, she turned to Karasu. She raised a finger, a thoughtful expression on her face.

"Hmmm… perhaps I am a philosopher of sorts. My family has always dove into the bigger picture. There is never just one path. But some only choose to see one."

She frowned at his words, her eyes gazing at Karasu sympathetically.

"It's not my place to tell someone I don't know what path to go down. Not unless they ask for advice. If you're resolved to walking down a gloomy road with little light, then keep forward on your journey. But I do implore you to consider other avenues of life."

Poppy was half tempted to use her semblance with Yang's proclamation. Dealing with spirits was not as simple as punching them. Disrespecting them ended up terribly, more often than not. She gave Yang a mysterious smile.

"Perhaps you'll get your chance during the festival. Spirits are drawn to big crowds on occasion"

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Aut viam ivenium aut faciam | I shall either find a way or make one

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:03 am