Magical gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Magical gamers

A forum for games, stories and much more!

5 posters

RWBY: Forces of Grimm

Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

RWBY: Forces of Grimm Empty RWBY: Forces of Grimm

Post by Raymu Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:46 pm

"The world of Remnant. A land of fairytales. Our home. A place of hope, and of light. Home to humans and faunus alike. But... There is a third. A race born of pure darkness - One that strives only to destroy all that humanity has created and plunge this ever-growing world into pure shadow: The brother's Grimm. However, in their struggle humanity is not alone. For there is one force that has been trained for centuries to combat them:

Huntsmen and Huntresses. The guardians of remnant's light. Together the four academies; Beacon, Atlas, Haven, and Shade will forever raise warriors of pure light and human will to assure the grimm can never threaten the world itself.

But things are never truly that simple. For among those shadows lie those who would conspire to snuff out that light and control the grimm for their own purposes. It is our duty to ensure that threat will never be realized. And perhaps poetically - That the perpetrators will see a grim reward for their scheming."

Seven years ago...

The wind blows harshly through the trees as an overcast sky paints a cold picture of the land. A lone manor stands in the distance atop a hill, completing the image.

"Snow! Wait for me! come on, you're running too fast!"

A smaller girl with white hair chased after a taller girl that wore light brown hair as they ran across the fields, playing together. The taller girl responded to the younger one's pleas playfully.

"No way Veronica! You're gonna have to be quicker if you wanna catch me!"

RWBY: Forces of Grimm X6BnWpn

Snow danced in circles, admiring the beauty of the lands around them, it really was a breath-taking place, even if it could be a bit cold sometimes. Veronica however, unlike Snow was beginning to panic with how far away from town they were going.

"C...C'mon! You know mom doesn't want us going too far into the forest! There's supposed to be monsters, remember?!"

Snow grinned, picking up a fallen branch and swinging it around like a sword. ... if said sword were being wielded with reckless abandon anyway.

"I'm not scared of any monsters! Dad fights those things all the time, and Uncle has been studying them for years now! We can take any of them as a team!"

As Snow continued to swing her "Legendary sword" around, she was momentarily stopped as the wind picked up, and she could almost swear she heard someone talking to her...

"You..."

Snow looked over towards her younger sister in confusion, wondering if perhaps Veronica was trying to tell her something over the sound of the wind.

"What was that? Sorry I guess I can't hear you over the sound of the trees! The wind is getting really loud..."

Veronica looked up from a comfortable seat on the ground, shrugging to the elder sister. It seems whatever she had heard wasn't heard by the both of them.

"... Maybe you're right... I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this place. C'mon sis, let's go."

Just as Veronica got back up onto her feet, a growl sounded out from behind them. Veronica's expression became one of horror, prompting Snow's own eyes to go wide as she slowly turned around and was met with the sight... of several beowolves coming out from further within the tree line. Snow hesitated for a moment, backing away before bumping into her younger sister who had backed into a tree herself.

"... Stay behind me and don't make a sound. G...Get ready to run when I tell you to."

"But...-"

"I said get ready to run when I tell you!! Just calm down okay?!"

Though she tried to remain calm, truth be told, she was just as afraid as Veronica was. - Perhaps more so. Though Veronica's semblance had already manifested, Snow... Was powerless. The best she could hope to do was hold them off and provide a distraction. ... Although even that didn't sound particularly ideal.

"Stay back! I'm warning you!"

"You..."

Snow looked around frantically as that same whisper called out to her. She could barely hear it over the sound of her whimpering sister, and her own heavily beating heart. But it was that voice that caused her to evaluate the situation. ... She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, what would her father do in this situation? What was it that he always did to defend the town when stray packs of monsters came running?

... She knew there was only one option open to her. She raised the branch in a ready stance, much as she had seen her father do before when he trained with soldiers. As the grimm closed in, one finally pounced, ready to strike the girls!

Snow slid one foot backwards, held the branch behind her, waited for an opening... And struck with all of her might!!! It knocked the beowulf onto it's backing, smashing the branch into bits in the process. Though it seemed to have done nothing more than momentarily dazed the beo, it bought them time to move!

Snow grabbed onto her sister's hand tightly and ran as quickly as she could go, pushing herself as hard as she could manage. Unfortunately the beowolves were faster as they gave chase, sprinting on all fours it took them little time to close the gap. But with their house not much farther away, Snow knew she couldn't give up, she could never stop running. If she did, they would get not only her but her sister as well.

But despite the grimm catching up to them, she had hope now that she saw how close they were to making it. Maybe by some miracle they could survive this... Just maybe if she pushed herself beyond her limits...

But time seemed to slow down around her as she heard Veronica cry out in pain, a beowulf had slashed at her arm, causing them both to get thrown out of balance and roll to a stop. Snow stared up at the slowly approaching grimm, feeling helpless to stop them now. They were still too far to yell for help, and with the both of them stopped... They had wasted their only chance of escape.

Things seemed hopeless... ... All until time went from slow, to a complete stop. Was she...Imagining this? No it was all too real, it had to be. From behind the grimm appeared a shadow of a being. Their features were distinct enough to tell they were a person, but beyond that...Nothing.

"You...You're the one that struck that grimm, aren't you?"

Snow tried to crawl away from the figure, but they didn't approach... And neither did the grimm, seemingly stuck in time.

"Who are you...? I am b-but, what does that have to do with anything? Are you here to help us?"

The figure rubbed his chin in thought, nodding.

"In a way, yes. There's no need to be afraid mortal. I am one who is called Dusk. And...I suppose I've been watching your family for some time now. I owe you an explanation, really. But all I can really do for now... Is offer you a choice."

Snow slowly stood up, not letting her guard down around this mysterious being.

"... What kind of choice?"

Dusk moved forward... Although somehow still seemed a good distance away from Snow at the same time as he grabbed a beowulf by the head, observing it.

"Vile creatures aren't they. They're...What did you call them? Monsters? Yes I suppose there's not a more apt word you could use to describe the grimm."

Dusk released the creature's head, looking back to Snow.

"It's a simple choice, really. You see... Originally the offer was made towards your sister, her semblance is...Incredible. Being straight with you, I would barely have to tweak it at all to shape her into exactly the champion I'm looking for. ... But..."

"But?"

"... But she's not a fighter. you should know that as well as I do. She's as timid as a rabbit. You however... You were willing to put your very life on the line to face down a pack of grimm, at your age it's a willpower that I've never seen at comparable levels since your great grandfather so long ago."

"... I didn't have a choice... I was scared, I'm still scared!"

"And yet here you are, doing what you have to in order to fight back. It's because of that incredible potential of yours that I want to offer you the opportunity to become my vessel; My champion. You'll gain great power, something that you need only mold with training to become an unstoppable force. Of course, it IS still a choice. If you'd rather not take up the mantle... I will continue to offer it to your sister. But I will warn you that between the two of you... She may not be able to handle that power, and well - I have to choose someone from your lineage."

"A champion? ... But why do you need us?"

Snow walked over to her sister, checking Veronica over, and... Giving a sigh of relief when she saw the damage that had been done was only a cut on her arm. Something easily healed.

"You see, I have a...Problem. Well, more realistically, we ALL have a problem. You, myself, your younger sister, the entire populace of this world. The beings who gave each of you life... They're untrustworthy. They're immature for what is tantamount to gods. They cannot even resist arguing amongst themselves. To them, you and your family? Why you're all nothing but an experiment. Play things to discard when they get bored. I was once their mediator. I stepped in whenever they could not settle their differences long enough to decide what to create next.

But you humans... When they created you, it marked their very first collaboration - In their minds I was no longer needed. Useless, and so they sealed my within the moon. ... For centuries since my escape I have sought a champion that could challenge the gods, someone who could ensure they would no longer pose a threat to remnant or it's people."

"But I'm just a kid... How can I fight gods?"

"And THAT my child is where the incredible powers come in. Though you lack a semblance, I will unlock your aura and grant you a power beyond what you could possibly imagine. Though the grimm are destruction incarnate, you will become more fearsome than they can ever hope to face. You will become raw power, untapped, a force to challenge the gods themselves."

Dusk reached a hand out towards Snow, despite the distance between them, it felt as though she could reach out and grab his hand if she wanted.

"So... You, or your sister. What will you choose?"

Snow hesitated for a moment, she was afraid, she didn't fully trust Dusk... And yet, she gazed at her sister on the ground and steeled herself... Giving a nod and grabbing hold of Dusk's hand.

"Then go forward my champion! Show these primal beasts what TRUE fear looks like."

Dusk vanished beyond the horizon like a setting sun, and Snow stepped forward, grabbing a rock up from the ground as time slowly began to pick up speed and resume. She gritted her teeth and began shouting in anger at the beasts who dared attack her sister.

"R...RRrr...AAAAAAGGHHHH!!!!"

As she shouted in anger the air around her began to drop in temperature, her eyes became pure white, and her hair itself began to fade into a white color of it's own.

"RAAAAAGHHH!!! STAY AWAY!!!"

She rushed forward, rock in hand and smashed it against the head of the closest beowulf, crushing it's skull. As another pounced at her in retaliation, she hopped out of the way, delivering a hard kick to it's stomach and caving in it's ribcage.

Veronica looked up in surprise as her once powerless sister was now singlehandedly challenging the pack of grimm.

"Snow...?"

Snow continued her assault, leaping onto the back of one of the grimm and pulling it's head to the side until an audible crack was heard as it dropped dead. As she became too focused on this task however, another had the chance to attack and struck her in the back, tossing her aside. But she quickly got right back up, cooked up into a fury too bright to consider her own safety or pain. She grabbed another rock and threw it as hard as she could, the wind snapping around it as it went straight through the stomach of the beowulf who struck her, the rock slamming into a tree behind the now dead grimm.

The two grimm still alive seemed hesitant to approach the rage burning child that was responsible for killing all the others. But it was too late, they had given her too much of an opening as she grabbed a stick and dived at one of them, impaling the grimm with the stick, causing said stick to shatter into hundreds of fragments.

"YOUUUUUUU!!!"

The last remaining grimm tried to swipe at her with it's claws as she rushed towards it, but she grabbed it's arm, completely stopping said attack. She stared at it with pure anger and began to pull on it's arm, an act which caused it to clearly voice it's objections as it growled in pain. It tried to strike her with it's free arm, but she simply dodged out of the way each time, continuing to pull on it's arm until... It ripped off, the grimm now giving a roar of desperate pain all until she interrupted it's voice with a slap to it's face, using the very arm she had just ripped free. She continued striking it with it's own arm until it was being quite literally bludgeoned to death. Once it finally stopped moving she tossed aside the arm that immediately faded away into black smoke.

She gave one last yell of anger before the temperature slowly returned to normal, and the girl that fought so fiercely now fell over into a slump, passed out.

"S...Snow!!!"

Veronica ran over to her elder sister, lifting her up and trying her best to carry Snow back to their home. Thankfully with the defeat of the grimm there was only relief... Snow was still breathing, Veronica's own injuries could be healed... Somehow, they had survived. Snow would dedicate the next seven years of her life to becoming a warrior.

If she wasn't able to cut it as Dusk's champion, her sister would have to suffer the same fate. She would never let that happen...She was going to strike down the gods and save Remnant, no matter what.

One month before the beginning of Beacon's school year...

Night falls on the city of mistral, those with trustworthy intentions sleep soundly in their beds, and those who would choose to hone their more illegal professions? They stalk the night as the moon rises above Haven.

One such an individual, a lowly pickpocket lad trying to keep food on the table for himself and his mother has his eyes on a bigger prize tonight... A valuable case of dust being delivered on foot from Atlas - Likely heading to one of the upper city's many dust shops. But tonight? That case is going to be sold off to the highest bidder in Mistral's black market. For that case has just been stolen by...

"...The greatest thief in all of Mistral! Sorry my man, tonight just wasn't your lucky night!"

A boy with dark hair calls out sympathetically to the delivery man as he runs off with the case in hand. ... Sure it was still locked, but that was the buyer's problem, not his! Of course, what WAS his problem was the three Mistral police officers who stepped right in his path due to the delivery man shouting "Thief!!!" in a panic.

"Stop right there criminal scum!!!"

The thief opted to... Stop, of course. But he clutched the case in his arm as though his life depended on it.

"Heyyy, c'mon. I'm just trying to get by like everyone else! Can't we just talk this out for a sec? Listen, I'm fully willing to cooperate! Do I look like the kind of guy who's a danger to anyone? How about you three let me go, and I'll give you a nice high five as I pass!"

He gave the officers a friendly grin, but they only stared at him with cold anger.

"You have five seconds to drop the case and raise your hands, scoundrel! Five!"

"Was it something I said?"

"Four..."

"Heyyy, you wouldn't shoot someone whose unarmed, would ya?"

"Three!"

The thief began surveying the street, but saw that his only escape routes were blocked by both officers and the delivery man who was shaking his fist quite angrily. The only other option was the cliff edge to his right, but...

"Two!"

"Well, I guess talking is out of the question! You've left me with no choice but to use my secret technique!"

"...One!!!"

"RUN AWAYYYYYYY!"

The thief held a hand to his chest and sprinted right over the cliff edge just as officers fired ice dust bullets at where his feet once were in an attempt to stop him.

"What the hell?! Go down there and get that fool, he just commited su-WAH?!?!?!"

The officers all seemed to look on in pure confusion as instead of falling to his death... The thief was gliding quite safely towards the lower levels of the city.

"...U-uh, just...Call for backup! Any officers in that district need to close in on him, we can't let him get away!"

The thief was already back on the run, sprinting across rooftops and leaping across the gaps. Some officers had managed to spot him as soon as the call came in for backup and began to give chase.

"Chasing me? Bad choice!"

As the thief leaped down into an alley, he began running towards the alley's exit. ... only to notice an officer positioned there with a rifle.

"... Bad choice! BAD CHOICE!!!"

He pressed a hand against his chest again, and now with a quick hop was effortlessly running along the wall and right over the officer as he kicked the gun away on his sprint past.

He leaped towards the next wall across, narrowly landing, and soon hopping back down to the ground as he continued running.

"How have you idiots not caught him yet?! He can't outrun us. We're trained professionals!"

"Sir, he... He just ran across the wall like a damned ninja! I didn't know how the hell to counter that!"

The thief narrowly avoided a sudden stun stick being swung at his face by rolling under it. This however stopped his momentum and forced him to face off with the officer locked in combat with him now.

"That's a pretty nice stick you got there. Do you wanna see mine?!"

He pulled something from his bag and flicked his wrist, extending the object into a staff. He gave it a few small twirls, sizing up the officer.

"Let's see who's better at hitting stuff, shall we?"

What happened next was a trade of blows between the two as each blocked the other's strikes in rapid succession, the thief dancing around the officer and trying to trick him with feint attacks

"You're clearly outmatched! Once the others get here there's nothing you can do! You might as well give up now you bastard!"

"Sorry, can't do that. By the way, those are nice shoes, is that a scuff mark I see?"

"...What-"

In the officer's confusion, the thief struck him in the back of his knee with the staff, knocking the officer down.

"Seeya never!"

The thief sprinted off towards another cliff edge with at least ten officers running behind him, all firing ice dust shots that he did his best to duck and weave between. As he came closer to the cliff's edge, one ice dust blast hit it's mark and struck his hand, encasing it in ice and tripping him up slightly. Another round hit it's mark on his leg, partially encasing it in ice around the ankle. The freezing power was just too much and caused him to roll to a stop mere feet from the cliff edge.

The officers surrounded him and each began hitting him and trying to pat him down for weapons.

"Hey, hey! Easy!"

"You have a lot to answer for! You struck an officer, stole an important shipment of dust, and tried to flee! I hope you've got a good explanation for all of this petty thief!"

"Well... I don't really have a reason for what I'm doing. But... I DO have a question for all of you!"

"... What is it?"

The officers all stared at him in confusion as he seemed... Unusually calm in this situation.

"Do you like to fly?"

"...W-What-"

The thief snapped his fingers and suddenly each officer found themselves slowly floating above the ground, getting higher and higher up. They struggled and reached for their guns, but sadly those had not been abandoned by Remnant's gravity like they currently had. The thief smirked and gave them a salute.

"Have a nice trip. You've earned it!"

He hopped backwards off of the cliff and held a hand to his chest once more, stopping to a halt on the cliff wall, he then turned around and sprinted down all the way towards the base.

Somehow he had managed to evade them. Just enough that he could slip into his home for the night and give the hunt time to cool off. He quietly opened the backdoor to his house, shutting it behind him and slumping against it in exhaustion, his eyes closed calmly as he tried to catch his breath.

"Ma, I'm home!"

... of course, upon opening them he was greeted by the sight of his mother staring at him with the strongest gaze of disappointment possible, alongside a stranger sitting in their living room drinking tea.

"... Is this a bad time?"

"Is this a-SABLE RAMADI. You were off stealing again weren't you?!"

"H-Hey don't be mad Ma! Someone has to put food on the table y'know! And this whole...Librarian thing? It's really not cutting it!"

"How many times have I told you that we're above petty theft?! You're going to get yourself killed one day! I swear you're just like your father!"

"And I consider that a win! ... uh, the being like my father thing. Not the...Death thing obviously."

His mother shook her head disapprovingly and proceeded to grab him quite forcefully by the ear, dragging him into the living room against his will.

"Ow-OWWW! Ma lemme go! I'll behave I promise!"

"You may as well come in and meet our guest."

After stashing the case full of dust, Sable stepped in and took a seat, giving a half-exhausted wave to the strange hooded man that was calmly sipping tea without saying a word.

"So...Who-"

"He says he's your uncle! Frankly I'm not surprised your father has family. He never told me anything..."

"Uncle huh? And why exactly are you visiting after all this time? wait don't tell me! You want something right? Look, we're not exactly well off, so if you're gonna-"

The hooded guest sat the tea cup onto the table with a clink, interrupting Sable.

"Oh but you're mistaken, my dear Nephew! I'm not here to ask for something... I'm here to offer YOU something instead."

... Sable leaned forward, now listening intently. His mother simply gave a sigh at his behavior.

"You've got my attention. Anything to get us out of this rut."

"You see, your mother has...Reluctantly told me of your aspirations. That you wish to become a huntsman like your father was."

Sable leaned back again, nodding inquisitively.

"Well yeah, but I don't exactly have the qualifications to join Haven, and frankly I'm too old for primary combat schools."

"Well my dear boy, I'm here to remedy that. You see... I was the one who got your father into the academies back in the day. And he repaid the favor with some interest to say the least. And that's why I'm here to offer you the same opportunity. - I can get you into not just ANY academy. But THE academy. Beacon."

The petty thief gave an impressed whistle.

"Welll now! That's pretty interesting! But uh... What's the catch? And how exactly can you get me into BEACON of all places? You're aware of just how prestigious it is right?"

"Oh of course I am aware! And I see you're quite smart. Well, there is only one catch: All that I ask from you is a favor once you've settled into Beacon proper. Butttt... We'll have time to discuss that favor once we've gotten you set up. As for how... Let's just say I have connections."

Sable's mother watched with concern.

"I can't say I approve...Huntsmen academies are notoriously unsafe. I'm not sure I want him going anywhere near that."

"My dear Marian. Allow me to put you at ease! He'll be perfectly safe. Remember my connections? They extend quite deeply into Beacon itself. I'll put in a good word for someone to watch his back. All you have to do is sit right here at home and relax."

"...Sorry Ma, I have to take this. it could mean getting us out of Mistral and somewhere better. And you know I've always dreamed of a chance like this..."

"I just...Don't want to see you suffer the same fate as your father. I don't know what I would do if I lost you."

"C'mon... You can trust me! I'm an adult now! ... Kinda! Well, almost one! Just give me a chance alright? If I'm not cut out for it, I'll pack my bags and come home. Promise."

"... Just be safe."

The hooded man gave a nod, standing up.

"Well now, it seems we're all settled! Go pack your bags boy, you're no longer going to be known by Sable."

"Oh yeah? Then who am I?"

The hooded man threw an arm around Sable, grinning.

"Your name...Is Ali Baba. The Vacuan Noble warrior king of the recently formed Three Apples tribe. And you're joining Beacon in order to better defend your people!"

Sable looked out through the window of his home, nodding in contemplation.

"Ali Baba huh... I think I'm going to like the sound of that."

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    RWBY: Forces of Grimm TowersignatureBorderSmaller
    More Things:
    CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years

RWBY: Forces of Grimm Empty Re: RWBY: Forces of Grimm

Post by CivilProtection Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:42 pm

My name is Chaos. For most of my life I lived on the outskirts of Atlas. Living outside of the city is dangerous, but my father built up security to keep out any unwanted grim that might try to have a taste of us. I used to live with my mother and father, but now its just me now. While I know about technology, such as robots and computers, Im not so good at combat. My first ever combat experience with a grim was when I decided to explore outside of my house. What a mistake that was, as I was ambushed by nothing but grim. I managed to survive but the realization that Im not that good at fighting at all made me want to sign up to Beacon Academy. Why not Atlas Academy? Because I was to be independent from my father.

First day of Beacon Academy, and the first time being around other people. Scary.

Last edited by CivilProtection on Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    RWBY: Forces of Grimm Firmablackrockshooter-1-1
    RWBY: Forces of Grimm CpmariokartlicenseRWBY: Forces of Grimm Uwhm8

Click Me!

*Loves Alice Margatroid, but dresses up as Nue Houjuu* *Seems Legit*
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:27 pm

The feeling of the burnt ground. The smell of blood. Black smoke rising into the sky... The Grimm skulking about, as if looking for their latest meal. It's a lot to take in, even for experienced Huntsmen... So you can imagine what it's like for a kid to be stuck in that mess. It's enough to make even the most hardened men shudder in response.

The boy experienced what it was like for his entire village to be destroyed. He only survived by sheer chance... And he was the sole survivor. Conflicting emotions raged around in his head and his heart. Confusion, sadness, anger, a lust for revenge, just wanting to understand why... Because it wasn't the Grimm that did this. It was another human.

That red sword... He was never going to forget that. By the time the Grimm noticed him... His psyche had already hit the limits that it could take. A power exploded forth from him. His Semblance. The Earth quaked. The rocks gave way and lashed out at his command. All of this negativity attracted the Grimm, and it ended up being a bait that led to their doom.

He remembers the distinct feeling of that last Grimm hitting the ground before simply fading away as if it were never there to begin with...

-------

"Wake up, Mercenary.", a voice called out.

He was speaking to a man in a hood, sitting in a convoy with his arms crossed. The Mercenary opens his eyes and raises a brow at the one speaking to him.

"Looks like our fears were right... The White Fang are attacking. Automated defense systems are stalling them, but they won't hold. That's where you come in."

With that said, the Mercenary calmly stands up.

"I'll take care of it, then."

He replies calmly, and starts making his way to the back of the train. Along the way, he calmly checks over his gear. Everything seemed to be in order... And of course, the White Fang just couldn't pass up an opportunity to attack another one of the Schnee Dust Convoys. They were nothing if not predictable.

The Mercenary was hoping to find something a little more than just Faunus with a misguided grudge against Humanity, though. He wanted to find a certain someone wielding a red sword... A part of him was really hoping that person decided to show up this time. But he'd seen countless raids at this point, and that man never showed a trace of himself.

No reason to suspect any different this time. But one could dream, right?

Hmm.. Dream. Might not be the best thing to think about at the moment. The last door in the way slides open with a hiss, and reveals a scene of carnage. Faunus in white masks having their way with robotic enemies and turrets. An eerie silence fills the scene as they take notice of their first Human enemy.

The Mercenary calmly draws his sword from it's sheath. A glowing light blue blade juxtaposes itself with the glare of the red warning lights flickering due to the raid.

"Surrender now... And if any of you has a red blade, then we have a bit of talking to do..."

A simple warning. But you didn't expect any of the White Fang to heed it, right?

They certainly didn't, leveling their weapons and rushing into battle with their new target!

The Mercenary calmly walks forward. As the first of the group comes into range, he deflects the attack and throws the opponent off balance, and follows up with a quick chop to the neck with his free hand. The Faunus falls to the ground, unconscious.

Two rush him next. One goes for a thrust with his own sword, and the Mercenary leans to the side, narrowly evading the thrust... And putting him in the prime position to grab the Faunus's arm, and then slam the pommel into it in order to break the over-extended limb. The thug screams in pain as he drops to his knees.

A simple kick to the head puts an end to that screaming. The other hesitated only slightly, but decides to press the offensive while the Mercenary was seemingly distracted! He swings with all of his might, hoping to take the Human down before they can react.

For their efforts, they are rewarded with the loud clang of metal. The Mercenary had moved his sword in response, and then pressed the advantage of the surprise, maneuvering his blade in such a manner that the Faunus barely had time to react before his weapon was thrown from his hands.

The hooded man follows up with a punch to the face, sending the third Faunus in a row crashing to the ground, before sliding to a halt in front of his companions.

By this point, the Raiders showed more than a little hesitation. They had the advantage of numbers, but this Mercenary was something else... Fighting so reserved, yet striking with such brutal efficiency. Taking out his opponents in mere seconds flat.

"I've yet to see one of you with a red blade... So I'll assume Adam Taurus isn't here. It's time for you to surrender. Unless you want to test your odds against me as your three friends did."

The White Fang goons take a moment to look between each other. No words exchanged...

--------

The Schnee Dust Employee decides to peek in to the raided car. To his surprise, he sees only the Mercenary standing, with the raiding Faunus left in a crumpled mess on the floor. Beaten, but alive.

"Damn... I guess the rumors were true."

He says nervously, finally entering the car.

"That depends on what you heard."

The hooded man replies, sheathing his sword now that the mess had been taken care of.

"Well, in any case. You did a fine job! We'll see to it that these criminals are turned in. You were already paid, but... Seeing how well of a job you've done here..."

He pauses for a moment, then offering a crate to the Mercenary.

The hooded man calmly turns and accepts the container.

"We'll just say a few of the White Fang escaped with this much. No one will really bother to check into it any further than that. Consider it a bonus for a job exceptionally well done!"

The Mercenary calmly stows the crate away. Though no one on the Convoy would care about it, discretion was still the better action to take here.

The rest of the ride proved pretty uneventful... The Convoy successfully reaches it's stop with a whole group of White Fang in tow, ready to be turned over to official custody.

And thus, another story about the Mercenary that made it all happen would spread. Though if you saw him, he didn't look particularly happy about it.

"Still no luck..."

He mutters to himself.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Aut viam ivenium aut faciam | I shall either find a way or make one
    Lamia
    Lamia
    Chaotic Horny
    Chaotic Horny
    Five Years
    You've been part of our home for half a decade!

Post by Lamia Wed May 13, 2020 3:33 pm

RWBY: Forces of Grimm GUyv7ho

Rank and file
    That was how it had been since she was small. She and her sister. Members of the once great Alchemilla clan. Though Amber had never been able to see how they were win decline. Compared to the people on the outside, people on the streets they had all of their needs met.

"Ummm mom? What's so bad about how we are now?"

She was called foolish, unfocused for not learning the family history. Amber was sorry of course and threw herself back into her studies.

Rank and file, law and order.

It seemed a long time ago the Merlot family took an artifact from their family, one that had been the symbol of their family and it's power. Since then the two families had hated each other and the Alchemilla's had sworn revenge eternal upon the Merlot's. But... That had been decades ago right? The one who originally stole the treasure probaly wasn't even alive anymore! What could be so important that they let this thirst for revenge consume them even now?

Would she and her sister Emerilla be expected to follow in its footsteps? What could possibly be worth all of this?

Even without the treasure the Alchemilla's were prosperous, one of the highest families in Atlas. Though according to her mother the lack of their heirloom was the only reason people like the Schenes were above them at all. Was that true? Why did it matter?

She never understood why it mattered, but she listened none the less.

She discovered her Semblance when she was eight. Natural, mother had said. All members of their family had done so before the age of ten she said. A blessing that remained with the family despite their treasures theft.

Did the treasure gift Semblences or something? No that woudnt make sense.

"No, I don't want to"

"Excuse me?"

It had boiled up over the years. She never wanted to follow in her families footsteps. She just... Wanted to be herself. She wanted to use her power over tech to maybe... Help people or soemthing. But mother wanted her to attend the Atlas academy instead. All of of the family had gone! She was expected to as well. No... She wanted to go to that new place, she wanted something new. She wanted to go to Beacon and learn how to be a person! But most of all...

She

Was so

Tired

Of this stupid decades old grudge!

She broke ties, she left. Of course smother sent her personal body guards after her. She had no choice but to knock them out.

Barely.... They were so tough.

At the gate she saw her sister. Amber smiled, brightly.

"You decided to come with me!"

She called out in relief only to be met with a strong slap, stunning her in place.

"I'll never forgive you"

She said.

"I'll become the metriarch you coudnt, and I'll bring this family into the future... So go! Go your not my sister anymore!"

Her heart shattered. She didn't raise her head up from that point until she got to Beacon. Even then it was only because the principal had to interview her. She didn't ask his name though, she coudnt be excited at that point. Their was only one thing on her mind.

"I'm sorry"
    ------
    RWBY: Forces of Grimm Lnv9kvL

If their was a name as wildly known as the Schnee's was in Atlas it was the woman known as Ember Vevida. Councilwoman, she had a seat at all the goings in of the country. But that wasn't why she was as well known as she was.

No she played a very active role in the town's protection and development. She guided them, even participating as a visitor in the Atlas academy classes. Word from the higher ups was that she even had own special project in the works with her own company, Vevida Corp.

She was, some said guiding Atlas as the Goddess of old had when she gave them the power of flame.

"Their beautiful, wonderus creatures... Their capabilities are endless... Can you see that yet my breatheren? Every day... From every age... I do"

She saw it in each human that passed her by. She didn't regret going against her siblings wishes all those years ago... It crested something like this after all...

It crested humanity as it is now

"Miss Ember! The monthly meeting is about to begin"

She turned on her heel to the employee in question and nodded. His name was Frank, he worked so hard... If she was in her employee he would have a raise by now... Oh well.

"I'll be there as soon as possible, please do tell them not to start without me, they missed out on half the Census last time they did!"

Ember was deep u to all aspects of what went on in Atlas, most thought it scary how she seemed to know almsot everything that was going on.

But that was ok, it was natural to fear what she was even if they didn't know.

But she would always watch over them regardless
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Thu May 14, 2020 12:55 pm

"No need for apologies Miss Alchemilla. I'm certain the long trip to Vale from Atlas has left you rather tired and out of focus. From reading the application you provided us, I can honestly say that even just the short time you were with Atlas's military academy, your records are incredible. Though you scored lower in the combat aptitude tests, your adaptability and the strength of your semblance cannot be understated. Not even mentioning your penchant for technology."

Ozpin went over the records and the application alike, silently scanning them. He could tell from her expression, and the general lack of focus that something was bothering her. Considering the daughter of a notable noble family came here alone... He could make some assumptions. But for her sake he refrained from speaking about it for now.

"Of course, as with many other applicants, I will have to ask questions. Though I can assure you the interview process is far less strict than it has been in past years. You can thank Remnant's political climate for it I suppose."

He smiled at her, speaking in jest of course. Although there was truth to Beacon's changes, it wasn't necessarily only because of politics. Not that he was allowed to speak of the real reasons to a student.

"There is one thing I'm curious about Miss Alchemilla. Your testing scores make you best suited to Atlas's training style by quite a large margin. Beacon is far more...Archaic in the ways we teach our students. Why did you leave Atlas for our Academy? I am quite happy that you've chosen us, naturally! We're always looking to teach the brightest minds of your generation, of which you seem to be one of the best. But I cannot lie...

Everything about Atlas meshes far greater with your particular set of skills. It is after all, a place where students are given first-hand experience with tomorrow's huntsman gear. That being said..."

He adjusts his glasses, calmly waiting for Amber's reply before continuing.

"What is it you're hoping to gain from our curriculum? What is your "end goal" I suppose you could call it? If there is anything you need provided to you by our Academy, we will try our best to supply it."

Just then his interview was interrupted by a knock at the door.

"You may enter."

RWBY: Forces of Grimm XpG0m79

A rather imposing man stepped into the office, most would be intimidated by him just by sheer presence alone, but Ozpin didn't seem particularly phased. Anyone in the know about famous huntsmen would know him as "Vask Vanta", the hero of the faunus rebellion. A man who had fought over 100 battles and never once shed blood. His pacifist style of combat led to tensions being eased that much sooner. To some historians his participation may well have cut the length of the war in half due to just how many huntsmen tried to follow in his footsteps. Even now he stands as a symbol of unwavering conviction to any aspiring huntsmen and huntresses.

... But right now he seemed more like a secretary than a hero.

"Is this a bad time?"

He asked after taking notice of the distraught girl being interviewed. He wasn't going to say it specifically to avoid bringing any embarrassment to her, but...

"Not at all. We were just finishing our interview."

"Right... Well, I'm just dropping off these approved applications for extra review. Seems like this simester will be... Interesting."

Ozpin arched an eyebrow, looking over at the hero, curious as to what he means by that exactly.

"... Well for starters, seems like my old pupil is going to be joining up."

"Interesting. And I take it they're quite exceptional?"

Vask gave a big grin in response.

"She's more than just exceptional. She's nearly a master of combat in her own right. Although... I guess her teamwork might be... Something that needs a lot of fixing, she's one of those "Lone wolf" types who just gives you the cold shoulder if she doesn't know you. Uh but don't worry, she'll listen to me. By the end of the year she'll be a real team player. Just you wait and see!"

"Well I'm certain there's nothing to worry about. Many of our students begin rather dysfunctional in cooperation. It's a skill not taught in primary combat schools after all."

"That's not all. Her sister's joining up too. ... To be honest... Veronica uh... She's a pushover. If it wasn't for my recommendation she probably wouldn't have qualified for Beacon. But I really think this could be a big change for her. Give her a chance to make up for all her low scores in Primary combat school. She's got an incredible semblance, it just needs... Fine tuning."

"I'm not one to question your choices. You've shown capable of sound judgement many times. Though I do hope she will be safe."

"Don't worry, with me around nobody in this school has to worry about a thing."

Ozpin began to sort through the applications provided stopping on one after passing those he was already aware of.

"A mercenary? Curious... Are you sure he really needs our school?"

"I met him myself. His name's Karasu. Wonder if he's related to Qrow..."

Vask gave a humorous smirk before continuing.

He's got skill, but it's rough around the edges. He has a lot of the same problems my pupil has. Zero teamwork experience His fighting ability could stand for some refinement too I suppose."

"But I'm understanding there's more to your recommendation than just his skill?"

"Sure, but it's mostly personal reasons. Sentimentality I guess. Maybe I see a little of myself in him, but the path he's taking right now..."

Ozpin flipped over to the next application, reading it over in silence before glancing up at Amber.

"My apologies Miss Alchemilla. This will only take a short moment and then we can finish our interview. Vask? What can you tell me about this one? This..."Chaos". Is that a typo?"

The hero shook his head.

"No, that seems to be his name. I guess it's a new trend to step away from the old traditions of naming."

"But wouldn't you say his name is still indicative of a color? A hue of magenta I suppose."

"It's...Purple-ish sir."

"Purple... ish?"

Vask rubbed the back of his head, unsure as to how to really respond.

"... Uh besides that, seems he's the son of a council member in Atlas.Not really sure why he chose beacon when Atlas would have treated him like a celebrity, but it's not my place to question anyone on things like that. He's definitely got some good scores though."

"We will welcome him with open arms. I'm certain he has a promising future. And this last application? It seems very...Colorful. I wasn't expecting a Vacuan."

"Yeah, that would be 'Ali Baba' Sir. Really his background on the application doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Supposedly he's the prince and appointed leader of the largest tribe on Vacuo. I don't recall there EVER being a tribe large enough to have a prince, but... We referenced it through the TCCS, and by asking Some Vacuo officials, and it all corroborates his story. They must be a pretty recent thing."

"And to what honor do we owe this so called prince being a student at our very own Beacon?"

"Claims all of his skills he has are self-taught. Wants proper training to better lead his people according to him. I'm still a bit confused by all of this personally, but... I guess we can't turn away somebody so significant."

"I suppose you're right! I will review these closer later, you may leave now."

"Sure thing. Don't forget our meeting later! You said us teachers have something important we need to know?"

"Yes, you and the other teachers may wait outside, it is quite important I assure you."

Vask gave a nod and a salute before stepping out, shutting the door behind him. Ozpin simply smiled as he returned his focus to Amber, setting the applications aside on his desk.

"As for yourself Miss Alchemilla, I don't think I need ask any more questions. I'm quite pleased with the promise you show. Normally we wouldn't be able to Enroll you until next semester given how close we are to the beginning of this year's classes. ... But..."

He placed his arms neatly on the desk, fingers crossed together.

"... Given your current circumstances and ours, I think there's one more spot to be found among this year's class of entrants. What do you think? Would you like to make Beacon your academy?"

He extended his hand for a handshake of agreement, silently waiting for Amber's response. He made sure to put no pressure on her. This ultimately was her choice to be made, and he wasn't going to coax her into anything. There was no denying her skills could be invaluable for Beacon, but to use her for gain... It wasn't something he ever wanted to do.

Meanwhile, onboard a large class shuttle flying many of Beacon's newest students to their destination... Snow and Veronica sat at the front, looking out from the window off towards the horizon.

You really should have stayed home. Beacon is no place for children."

RWBY: Forces of Grimm JDY80Ni

The cold elder sister gazed out without even so much as looking at Veronica. She was more scared than angry at her younger sister coming along. After all, she had gone through all this effort specifically so Veronica WOULDN'T have to go to a place like Beacon. For her to ignore that just because "Snow needs help!"... She didn't have a positive response to that.

"B...But Snow! You can't just run away from home in a whim! I gotta... Watch out for you! Besides, I'd be lonely if you left you know!!!"

RWBY: Forces of Grimm Fgy5VNo

Veronica, the youngest sister. Clearly just as upset about this situation as Snow was. She was too busy trying to get the attention of her elder sister to bother looking outside the windows, never mind the countless number of new students who were complete strangers to her. Veronica looked around at those other students with worry, before looking back at Snow.

"And besides THAT you know what else?! Y...You're a child too! There I said it!"

For the first time the entire trip, Snow turned and looked at Veronica, though it was a gaze of complete bewilderment.

"Is...This entire thing just a game to you? It doesn't matter what I am. My goals are set in stone. I can't waste time waiting for an opportunity like this to come around again. I swear to you, and mother and father alike, one day I WILL unite Remnant under a single banner."

"Uh huh, and until then you're just gonna be a student like me!"

Snow gave a sigh, the pair's conversation was drawing the attention of many others onboard the cruiser. She simply turned around to face the window once more, leaving only one last statement.

"Just...Be careful, Veronica."

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years

Post by CivilProtection Thu May 14, 2020 7:16 pm

I have arrived at Beacon after a long trip from Atlas to here. It wasnt easy, but Im finally out of that country. I came here alone however, so I need to... ask someone for directions.

I approach a random person "Hey umm... do you know where all the new guys go to? I uhh was just accepted into Beacon and I have no clue where to go!"

speaking with another human is troublesome.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Click Me!

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Sat May 16, 2020 12:13 am

... This wasn't really something the Mercenary was prepared for. He was contacted by a fairly high profile figure, one recognizable within the line of work he was in; Vask Vanta. It wasn't every day a warrior literally famed as a Hero came straight to you with an interesting offer. Apparently, Karasu had been given a perfectly valid invitation to attend Beacon as a full-fledged student. The fact that he never showcased a Semblance and as a result failed Basic Combat wasn't even being considered. Essentially, any training that he needed would be perfectly tended to within the Academy.

On top of that, he'd have the free rein that comes with being a Huntsman once his studies were done. It wasn't like being part of a Military. Given the esteem that Beacon had acquired, and the unique offer that might never come again... He accepted it. Still, he was definitely the odd one out in this shuttle. A fair number of people were rather invested in the conversation between two silver-haired sisters. But plenty were also shying away from the only person in the room aside from security and faculty that actually looked like a battle-hardened veteran.

Most people gave Karasu a wide berth because of that. Up until one person saunters up to him from behind and reaches out. He turns just enough to grab their wrist.

"Can I help you?"

He asks, not facing them yet. Almost like he was more focused on the view out the window.

"Only if you can take charge and hold me with those strong hands of yours~"

A decidedly female voice rang out in a flirtatious tease. You could practically feel the wink that followed, and it seems to have caught the Mercenary off-guard, as he turns to face the blonde woman, releasing her hand.

"... Sorry. Guess I'm jumpy."

The purple-eyed girl only grins in response to that. Her hair was long, somewhat messy, but obviously well cared for. She carried herself with a casual confidence, she dressed... Well, let's just say there wasn't much of her body left to the imagination.

"Yeah, kinda got that impression. Half the people here are staring at you."

Upon her having said that, Karasu would look around. Most people took the opportunity to look away at anything else, pretending to fiddle with something, or whistle a tune.

"Uh..."

She proceeds to slap his back playfully.

"Don't worry about it! So, why don't you come and chat with me?"

Seemingly not intimidated at all, she'd grab his hand, and begin to drag him over to the seating area. It just so happened that they were now sat next to the silver-haired sisters from before.

"... Why do you want to talk to me?"

He asked, a little bewildered.

"Because, dude. You have a literal ocean of girls your age, and you're lost in thought all on your own, scaring the pants off of everyone. It doesn't help that you're basically a walking armory."

Karasu blushes at some of her remarks, shaking his head.

"Yeah, well. I was a Mercenary. Plenty of reasons to keep this much weaponry with me."

Not much for conversation...

"Well, I'm Yang Xiao Long! And I'm going to turn your life around one way or another."

Suffice to say, he was a little uncomfortable with being forced to sit next to at least two girls. One on each side... And one was definitely trying to flirt with him.

"Not interested."

He'd try to shoot down her idea just like that, but... Well, if you knew Yang at all, that was never going to work.

"I am! So you're just gonna have to deal with me shadowing you, until you learn to have a little bit of fun!"

Karasu would sigh. This was going to be more challenging than he expected...

------

The person that 'Chaos' had just walked up to and asked for directions was a woman, rather on the short side, and having an interesting, multi-toned color to her hair. She also had a pink parasol, and in response to his questions, she would turn to him. At first, it seemed like she was being quite polite and listening to him because he seemed to be in a spot of trouble.

Then, the way that she hooks her parasol between her arm and torso, pulls out a scroll and begins typing... Implies that she might actually be mute. Eventually, she'd hold up the scroll with the typed out message so that he could read it, all while she had a smile on her face.

The message read as follows:

"Beacon is just over there. It's the largest structure, you can't miss it."

To accentuate the point, she then cocks her head in the direction he needs to go. Or... Look, in this case. Because either that Academy was truly worthy of it's reputation, or someone was compensating for something.

In any case, she gives a wink, stuffs the scroll away, and takes her parasol back into hand. Then, she turns and walks away.

What a mysterious meeting that was...

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Lamia
    Lamia
    Chaotic Horny
    Chaotic Horny
    Five Years

Post by Lamia Wed May 27, 2020 1:05 pm

RWBY: Forces of Grimm Vol3_Ruby_ProfilePic_Normal

Her sister wasn't the only one that had taken an interest in the other students, no Ruby, being the spunky young well... Ruby that she was soon found herself going through the crowds, a wide grin on her face as she did so, praticully skipping through them in excitement. In doing so she caught sight of her sister sitting with two white haired girls and a boy she at first mistook for an exotic weapon. Hey, he was like seventy five percent weapon could anyone blame her? She gave an eager wave in her direction before rushing in their direction... But ultmalty tripping over her own foot jsut before getting to the table and... Crashing. Right where the white haired sisters were if they didn't move out of the way.

A bit dizzy and disoriented after she coughed out words that clearly woudnt make sesne to any short of perhaps her sister.

"No uncle I don't wanna man the spooooon"

...scratch that probaly not even Yang.
    ------

He sounded just like the people at the Academy, just like mom to, causing a but of an annoyed sigh form the girl while he drowned on about her 'achivments'

"Thanks"

It was all she said in response, as if she didn't have an interest in her supposed achievements or 'skill' at all. She jsut didn't see it that way. She never had. She was just... A person, jsut her. But because of her family people had always put her on a pedestal. Sure it was kinda nice when she was little. But as she grew up.. and now that she had tried to leave them behind...

Because of what her sister said

All of it rang hollow to her. He was going to interview her now. She supposed she could answer, nodding to him to say she was ready for him to start. Of course the first one would have to be about why she hadn't gone to the academy... She didn't want to dig into it so... What could she say?

"It's to stuffy in Atlas, I looked into Beacon and I like it much better here"

Not the whole truth, but not a complete lie ether. She hadn't wanted to go to Atlas, but it was for much more than it being stuffy.

"What do I want...? I guess I want to.. grow... Be happy, and grow"

Before she could elaborate much they were interupted by the entrance of another man, of course she knew who it was! His feats, they were hoenslty a bit on an insperation to her. She never liked harming people if it could be avoided, for him to have gone through so many battles able to do so... It was inspiring.

For the most part Amber would remain silent as they spoke, simply taking in information about the different people like a sponge. Several people with I!effective work exprence. A girl with a strong semblance, but weak in just about every other combative field... the son of a council member... Why had they come here?

...she probaly wasn't one to judge.

Still, she appriciated that the man was willing to give her a chance despite how clealrly vague she was probaly being, this resulting in the first smile she made since the interview started, even if it was a light one. She reached out her own hand to take her own.

"If you'll have me... Yes please, I very much do"

As they finished their conversation she have a nod, before walking out the door she muttered out a 'thank you'.

------

RWBY: Forces of Grimm Defender
    "Sweet girl"

Seemingly out of nowhere the voice came out as soon as Amber was out of earshot. A young woman now stood beside Ozpin, this was no prank though, her face was stern and serious.

"But I'm sure your aware she's not being forward with you, yes? She has a great deal weighing on her, mentally and emotionally"

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    RWBY: Forces of Grimm Image
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Thu May 28, 2020 7:53 am

Veronica had certainly taken notice of Karasu once he and that strange blonde girl walked up next to them. He...Definitely knew how to clear space for himself much like her own elder sister often could. She quietly whispered to her sister, commenting on it.

"Wow, it's someone just like you... I wonder what his story is?"

Snow silently gazes back at her sister, then glances at Karasu, sizing him up. Any experienced fighter would know the look she was giving. The kind one gives when determining how strong a potential opponent is. After a moment she looks back out the window, nodding slowly.

"Just a mercenary. It's of no consequence to me."

Veronica was taken aback by how quickly she determined him. ... And equally how quickly she dismissed any interest.

"How can you be sure? Maybe he just moved here from Vacuo or something! Dad says those people are really tough..."

"I'm only interested in anyone who poses an obstacle to my goals. He may be an excellent fighter but he doesn't strike me as the type to get into business that's not his own."

"That's a really cold way of looking at things don't you think? Do you really only see people as threats and non-threats?"

Snow could only really lower her head in response to that question.

"I suppose I do."

Their rather bleak conversation was interrupted as the sound of someone tripping caught the attention of the sisters. Snow, without really even thinking or acknowledging it, simply stepped aside. ... Veronica on the other hand...

"W-Wait, why me?!-"

Crash! A loud thud as Ruby collided with the white haired girl who was about as tall as Ruby herself. Though she objected and waved her hands it was simply too late to avoid the collision. She sputtered and flailed on the ground her face a deep shade of red as she attempted to get Ruby off of her.

"Oww... Can...Can you please get up? I really can't move! Umm...You're okay though, right?"

Veronica rubbed her head, confused by just what this red and black girl means by "Spoon"...Who was she anyway?

Snow on the other hand noticed something far different than Ruby's odd comments once she turned around to look at the accident that had occurred. For the first time in the entire flight she had an expression that wasn't stoicism.

"Silver eyes..."

Veronica blinked as Snow made a rather odd comment. She got her footing and offered to help Ruby up as she herself began to stand.

"Silver eyes? What do you mean? Is there something odd about that?"

Snow seemed lost in thought for a moment before shaking her head, responding.

"No...No, I've just never seen eyes that color before is all."

Veronica was very tempted to press the issue given Snow seemed more than a little surprised by a simple eye color... But her thought process was interrupted by the ship's intercom buzzing in loudly enough for all onboard to hear.

"We are now arriving at Beacon Academy. Please prepare your belongings and keep clear of the departure deck until the ship has made a full stop. Thank you for traveling with us."

Veronica perked up, dusting herself off after helping Ruby.

"Oh, that's our stop! I guess I'll see you later Strange...Silver girl!"

Snow reached an arm out towards her sister as Veronica ran off for the exiting area.

"Veronica wait, the ship hasn't fully stopped yet-... Sheesh. What am I going to do with her..."

Snow gave one last cold stare at Ruby before grabbing her own bag and walking off after her sister.

The ship carrying all of Beacon's newest students had finally come to a stop at the Academy's docking port. It was quite the busy place with several ships coming and going, dropping off new students and taking in experienced ones alike.

Veronica was perplexed by everything, having lived in a village for most of one's life left you with little experience with something so grand and populated as Beacon Academy. Snow was...Not so much. She was focused on one thing: Getting the training she needed, and leaving to pursue her goals. Nothing else mattered to her in this moment.

Unfortunately for Veronica, her path intersected with a rather ritzy girl in white clothing, who was equally as occupied with other things at the moment. They collided for a moment, though not as violently as Ruby had done.

RWBY: Forces of Grimm Weiss_ProfilePic_Normal

"Ugh, watch where you're going Dolt! I almost dropped my dust case! Do you want to blow up this entire port?"

Veronica sheepishly backs away from the annoyed girl that stood before her, apologizing profusely.

"I...I'm sorry! I'm really sorry!"

"Well you should be! Do you have any idea who I am? I'm only the most-"

Snow stood behind Veronica, looming above the two altercating girls with a glare that could freeze a roaring fireplace solid aimed straight at the Heiress.

"...Successful...Student.... Um.... Just, watch where you're going from now on, okay?"

Weiss backs away calmly, simply choosing to sit on a nearby bench for now. ... Although she foolishly left her luggage in the potential path of a Ruby.

"Quite."

Ozpin gave a slightly dejected sigh. His hands pressed together as he thought over Isa's words.

"Sadly I'm more aware than I wish I was Miss Lujayn. No doubt familial troubles have brought her to our academy. But I feel as though I shouldn't pry into her personal life. Especially given that we're running out of time. I've heard...Stories of the Alchemilla family. To most they're rumored to be an organized crime syndicate with a rather classy outer image. Though I suppose I wouldn't know the truth myself. These things are beyond a mere Headmaster."

He stands from his desk, turning to look out the office's window downwards towards the skyport.

"May I ask your thoughts regarding all of this? I'm certain you've an interesting viewpoint on her situation given that you're aware of what she's dealing with."

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years

Post by CivilProtection Thu May 28, 2020 8:16 am

"Alrihht, thank you!" Shortstack. Im calling her shortstack when I meet her again.

While walking towards the Beacon main building, I noticed the new arrivals leaving the ship. Among some, I notice a very cute girl. White hair, blue dress, Blue eyes, and a scar on one of hers eye. This cute girl is in fact... Weiss Schnee! Why is she here? Shouldnt she be over at one of Atlas's top academy!? There is only one reason for this: She is here to hunt me and take me back to Atlas! My father must be worried sick and decided to hire some hunters to bring me back, and he somehow found out I was going here! Chaos isnt even my real name, yet he somehow managed to track down one of the ships I was on! I didnt even took the school ship, I bribed a guy to land me here!

Shit, I think she notices me!

*I run right pass her, hoping she'll NEVER notice me! I wish Shortstack was here to make a diversion!*

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Click Me!

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Fri May 29, 2020 5:35 am

Well, being right next to the two chatting sisters, it wasn't too hard to pick up on what they were talking about... One of them was reacting about in the usual way he had expected, with intrigue and cautiousness. Even speculating that he might be from Vacuo; yeah, he didn't really look like a normal person... Everyone else here were just kids looking to become Huntsmen one day. He was sort of the odd one out here. But what really caught his notice is what the older looking of the two had to say. "Just a Mercenary?"

He perked up a bit at that.
    "This is coming from a kid."

He delivered in a tone of voice that surprisingly didn't sound hostile. If anything, it more indicated surprise that someone could so readily shake it off in such a fashion. Though, before the conversation could really go anywhere, another person entered the scene... Rather dynamically, at that. Taking quite the spill as Snow effortlessly stepped out of the way, but Veronica wasn't quite as lucky in that regard.

The two were left in a dazed heap on the floor. Karasu stands up and steps over to help them, and to his surprise, Yang does the same.

"Jeez, Rubes. Making quite the first impression aren't you? ... What was that about spoons?"

Seemed like Yang had a handle on Ruby, and Veronica was already being tended to by her own sister, so Karasu mostly just let things play out for now... That being said, Snow did say something else of interest. Something about silver eyes. He glances over at Ruby and confirms the fact for himself. Yeah, that's kind of an odd color for someone to have... First he's ever seen it, anyway.

But, she looked like a normal girl. Maybe a bit younger than the others here, but she could be some kind of prodigy too. In any case... The intercom buzzes soon after, letting everyone on board know that they were arriving shortly, and it would be time to depart the ship. Karasu decided this was the perfect time to slip away while no one was paying him any mind.

It was working pretty well up until Veronica collided with a woman in white. It turned into a small altercation, as one could have expected... Though she was soon intimidated into backing off by Snow. Karasu steps over, looking to Veronica for a moment.

"You alright?"

He asks, then shooting a glance of his own to Snow. That woman was hard to read... Though it might be the first time that Snow could see someone take one of those glares and not even flinch from it. In any case, once Karasu gets an answer from Veronica, he'd give a nod and decide to check up on the other girl... Also perhaps wisely deciding to take the rather dangerous luggage over to her.

"I got your things. Didn't think it would be safe to leave it in everyone's path."

He'd carefully set the cases down for Weiss.

"Didn't think there was anyone else here packing this kind of hardware."

He then comments, a little curious as to Weiss's circumstances.

_____

Yang decides it's time to do her job for a bit, and keep Ruby out of trouble, so she'd keep her company as they exit the ship. "So! You fixing to meet anyone new, sis? It is a whole new school, after all!"

She hits up a topic of conversation; especially since Ruby tended to keep to herself... Didn't really try to hang out with other people. That needed to be fixed. Honestly, she and that guy from earlier both needed to learn how to mellow out around others. Speaking of which, where'd he get to...?

That is when Yang makes a mistake. See, she took her eyes off of Ruby in order to look around at all of the students leaving the ship. You wouldn't think a couple of seconds would be all it takes for her sister to get into a predicament, but... Well, then you wouldn't know Ruby very well, would you?

_____

RWBY: Forces of Grimm JD3PwmT

Meanwhile... Someone was in a rush to try and escape Weiss's notice due to a perceived threat. He was in such a rush, in fact, that he ends up bumping into someone else on the scene. A red-haired girl.

"Oops..."

Is the first thing that escapes her mouth as she turns to him with a calm smile.

"Are you alright?"

She'd ask, taking a moment to look "Chaos" over.

_____

RWBY: Forces of Grimm SgwB1Xr

"She has a rather striking presence though, doesn't she?"

One of the others in the room chimes in. One of the more... Eccentric of the collection, shall we say. Considering she had a whole stand and canvas set up in front of her, while she had an almost comically oversized paintbrush, she was using a normal set with surgical precision to paint from her latest source of inspiration; Amber. She smiles softly as it slowly comes together nicely.

"So much hidden away under the surface. It tells quite the story."

She adds, placing a few more touches onto the painting...

"... I think she has a chance here, regardless of her family history. It might be just what turns things around for her."

Having said that, she sets the brushes aside, and lets out a small, content sigh.

RWBY: Forces of Grimm HcVfLGF

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Raymu likes this post

Lamia
    Lamia
    Chaotic Horny
    Chaotic Horny
    Five Years

Post by Lamia Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:59 pm

RWBY: Forces of Grimm Sample-01fef238c6123afeab6c3ab789bd3559

She hated the Hunters. The hunters wanted to hurt her, for something she could not control. They wanted to hurt Vaneera, who had never done anything wrong! Why? ‘you’re a monster’ they said. ‘your Grimm’ they said. So what? What did it matter what they were? As far as she was concerned the Hunters were the monsters. The hunters were the ones attacking an innocent soul. So as far as she was concerned, they were the ones that would be brought to justice. They wanted to behave like animals? Then she would show them a real animal, a true predator. Haha! So that was what she did. Trees become hammers to smash her pray, the branches became blades, even the ground turned against her targets and consumed them. Again, and again. Until the last one began to black out.

”You lost you lost! Wanna know why? It’s because you can’t beat nature and you can’t beat my Natural Harmonia! Everything in nature is my friend you weaklings! That is my power! I’ll use that power to protect the one I care about from horrible people like you, so goodnight!”

The last hunter then sank beneath the ground as Motet playfully waved him goodbye. Yes, that was Motet’s semblance. Or to be more exact it was what it had become now. ‘Natural Harmonia, All Things Under The Sun’s Light’ It was a power that allowed Motet to turn the blessing of the son’s light into a weapon against her foes. What obtained its energy from the sun could be made into a weapon she could use to bring down those who threatened to hurt the one she cared about. It was a power that sprung from her will to protect Vaneera as well as the Arcana she bore. For she was The Sun, and she was a human soul forged into a Grimm body. Unlike many she didn’t have a weapon of her own, no her weapons were the claw like hands she naturally possessed.

She was Motet Oratorio, she refused to ever fail again.

The girl would turn back, facing the girl not far behind her, of course she had her own foes to contend with, but nothing was match for her Vani!

”So how did I do? huh huh? Did I do as good as you Vani?! hehe and all in uniform to!

Their kind didn't even HAVE a uniform, but their was no telling Motet that.... besides Vaneera had said she liked it!

-------------

The hyperactive girl in red was able to shake herself into focus, just in time to hear the older woman’s comment about her eyes. In response she gave a squee of delight. Someone was taking an interest in her, her! She was already getting fans! At this rate she’d be a huntress like her mom in no time! Oh yes things were looking up no! Pretty soon it would be Ruby Rose, huntress extraordinaire on all the motivational posters!

”Ah! Do you like my eyes? Their cool right? Oh... sorry I can’t sign them... oh I can sign something else if you want though, I’m going to be famous someday you know, cool eyes and all! Just ask my sister!”

Ahhhh! Unfortunately, it wouldn’t be long before the pair left.

She gave a huff at her sisters reaction to her entrance, only now thinking to adust her clothing and combat skirt.

”Hey! All great huntress’ make a great entrance right sis? I’m just practicing for the future! And um… obviously spoons are the weapon of the truly brave huntress, yeah!”

There was no way she was about to stand down her, she would land on her feet! If she had to find or make a super large spoon to prove her point, she’d just have to…. Oh gosh they needed to get going! She could not become a super awesome huntress if she was LATE!

”Yang! YANG! We gotta get going NOW! Oh gosh I can’t be late this can’t be I can’t.. meet someone? Oh, I mean we don’t really have to, right? We have each other!”

Despite her frantic step they kept walking together…. At least until Yang made the dire choice to take her eyes off her sister. Ruby had a knack for getting into trouble even at the best of times. So, in this frantic state it was only inevitable….
    ”Yang I’m gonna get us checked in now, WE CAN NOT BE LATE!”

And despite possible protest from her sister, she was off.

Running fast.

Maybe too fast….

……And she was was about to run into a certain mercenary and Snow Queen if they did not move.

”Outta the waaaay!”

---------

Ozpin asked her opinion and so Lujayn was more than happy to give it. The girl was clearly a bright one, she would be more than happy to have such a bright mind among her students. Though he was right to worry about her families past the girl seemed to shun away from it. She seemed nothing like the typical member of her family, even less like your typical Atlas snob.

”I believe she will do well here if we give her a chance to blossom, she clearly has potential but…. I disagree with the assessment that she would have fit in better with Atlas. Her type of personality… she would have drowned there even if she had wanted to go”

Having given her opinion, she would then direct her attention towards her fellow teacher and smile, looking over her painting with her own eyes.

”And it would seem I’m not the only one to think so, I think she may just be one to count among those we should keep an eye on Oz, lovely painting as always by the way”

---------

The nervous Amber would have quite the sight on her hands as she exited her interview. The rest of the students were arriving, by normal transport of course. That was normal enough. What wasn’t normal…? All the chaos unfolding in front of her right now. She hadn’t been in there that long had she? Among all this chaos she even saw what appeared to be a beautiful, especially important woman! Oh god she was just not prepared for this at all…

”Calm down Amber… just stick your devices… yeah that’s it just.. keep walking… get to where your supposed to stay…. Just focus… focus…”

Unfortunately for Amber, And said beautiful important woman named Snow Amber had become so focused on moving forward and sticking to her device that she was no longer paying enough attention to her surroundings and as a result well…
    She crashed right into Snow, sending them tumbling to the ground, and a very shocked Amber apologizing in rapid succession as soon as she realized what she had done.

”I’m so so so sorry! Sorry! I promise mam I will pay for anything a broke! What did I break? Oh no I didn’t hurt you, did I? It’s ok ummm I can fix this ummm…”

…..yep, she was a mess.

Last edited by Lamia on Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:00 am; edited 2 times in total

Raymu likes this post

Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:57 pm

Don't you want to wake up now? It's been a long time you know.

No...I really don't want to go yet. I don't feel ready.

You're just going to fall back into the void? After we finally have an opportunity to wake up?

It's better here. It's probably awful on the other side. I can't feel, I can't think, I can't dream...But those are probably bad things.

But you're ready to go. even if you're telling yourself that you aren't ready you're communicating something completely opposite of that. Sometimes when you feel like you can't make it you just have to STOP and think.

A spark, a single flash of light in an empty void like a shooting star streaming across the night sky and burning out as quickly as it appeared. In an instant I become conscious. Was I always aware? ... No, I can definitely tell that whoever I am, I was in a state of non-existence just a moment ago, that flash I.."saw" proves it to me somehow. I try to take in my surroundings...But everything is dark. I know I saw a flash of light but right now I can't even be sure I have eyes to see with. I reach up to where my mind tells me my eyes are...I can't feel anything at all even though every synapse in my brain is telling me I should be able to. Am I dead?

Was I ever even alive to begin with? I don't really know. Trying to recall my past just leaves me with a feeling of primal dread. I'm not sure what this situation I'm in even IS...But hold on, I need to take a step back. I have a functioning mind to formulate thought. I know this because I'm literally doing it right now. I can't 'see' but my mind perceived an image of some kind. I can't 'feel' with any sort of appendage, but my mind is filling in the blanks. If I have a brain that works then I don't need anything else right? What's odd though...Is that I have an innate sense of the passage of time. I shouldn't know how long I've been "non-existent" for, but my mind is telling me the exact time down to the most minimum detail...Three Hundred Years, Seven Months, Twenty Three Days, Five Hours, Sixteen Minutes, Forty Nine Seconds, and Thirteen Milliseconds.

... I don't know why but I have this odd feeling that no one else would be able to keep track of time in a void like this. All this exercise has done is cause me to have more questions. That being said uh...I'm really tired of this weightless feeling. I would just like to have some weight please. I can't see my limbs, but I reach outwards with what my mind tells me is my right arm. Or rather, I'm not actively reaching so much as I'm conveying to myself that I WANT to move my right arm. If I have an arm to reach out with then I certainly can't feel it. Even so...Even so! My mind is telling me that it worked, my right arm reaches out...And I 'suggest' for it to grab something. if I can't get rid of this weightlessness by waiting then I'll just have to take matters into my own...Hands...? I can distinctly feel something. This time it isn't just my mind telling me I feel it. I can't possibly mistake the feeling of grabbing something with weight behind it. I run my fingers across the surface...The texture is rough but solid. I can tell that it's wooden. It feels...Round? It's twenty two meters in diameter...Or somewhere around there. I can't really be sure if I can't even see what I'm feeling. The weight behind this wooden tube is oddly comforting to me.

That comfort only lasts for a few seconds however as my mind suddenly alerts me to something serious: I'm on fire. Or rather...I'm in the middle of a blazing inferno.

If there's a hell then this is probably what it feels like. Every fiber of my mind is telling me to shout for help. I can hear someone in the distance, from the tone of their voices they're distressed, there's no mistaking this. I can hear every single word they're saying but I can't... I can't understand those words. It's like maybe they're speaking a language I've never heard of before. Or maybe I've just forgotten what spoken language is like. My mind won't stop telling me to shout out to whoever it is on the other side of this inferno. I open what I believe to be my mouth, my throat prepares itself to utter sound and-

Searing almost unimaginable pain. Trying to speak is like inviting myself to further suffering. What I believe to be my lungs burn, my throat is dry like sand, no matter how hard I try no words come out, not even a sound of distress. I only invite further pain upon myself by attempting it. My mind is unraveling from fear. Each individual synapse sending a new warning in words that I don't think even exist. My mind is telling me to move my legs. I can hear the crackling of the inferno around me now. Or maybe I'm not hearing anything at all and my brain is simply telling me what it sounds like. I want to move my legs! I want to...I really...Really want to move my legs. But I've finally realized I'm not as weightless as I once was. In fact now I'm TOO heavy. The space that occupies my legs simply won't change no matter how much I shout at my mind to move. There's only one option available to me. If I was able to make this scene appear...Then I can just as well make it go away too. I'm still fully aware of the passage of time as I feel myself burning. It's been three additional minutes, one hundred and ninety three seconds, and well over a thousand milliseconds since I drew this nightmare scene. Well, if I have a mind, and I have arms, and I have legs...Then I must have a core. Something my brain is telling me is called a "soul". I reach inside of myself and take hold of this core, I shouldn't even know what to do but my mind is telling me that I have to pull myself together. ... Not in a figurative sense, but in a literal way. My grip tightens around this core as the vision of pain and suffering threatens to rip it apart violently. I keep tightening my grip more and more with each passing second.

Tighter.

Tighter..

Tighter...

Finally another flash of light, just like when I came to my senses a few minutes ago. But this one is different. In an instant I feel the sensation of pain slowly fade away, reaching further and further off of what I believe is my "body". The sound of fire consuming everything around me gets quieter as if I'm being violently yanked away from the scene. Finally...It's quiet again. It's dark again. It's...Kinda warm. But this isn't a deathly heat. The warning bells in my mind aren't there anymore cursing at me in alien tongues. For some reason my mind is telling me this is a...Pleasant warmth. I can feel a vibration in my chest as the void begins to grow brighter. Ow, what?! It's getting a little TOO bright isn't it? I was plunged in eternal darkness a moment ago! I...Feel an even distribution of weight around my entire body. This time it's not just my mind saying I can. I can physically FEEL the weight settling in place. That is...A weird development isn't it? Come to think of it, I can feel a lot of things. The weight of a gentle breeze blowing against me, a soft surface underneath my back that gives way to both myself and a much harder surface below. The sound of...Clicking? No, no that's chirping. My mind is telling me that's a bird. However as my body begins to settle more and more I hear the bird's pleasant song cease as its wings unfurl and assist it in taking flight away from here. With the bird's absence I can hear the soft rustling of tree leaves as they fight to stay tethered despite the objections from the wind.

I feel the warmth of what I'm being told by my brain is called "Sunlight" beating against my eyelids. I slowly open my eyes and...

RWBY: Forces of Grimm Sleep

The strange monochrome boy slowly opens his eyes, raising a tired arm to block the sunlight as his vision adjusts to the blinding light that had only appeared mere moments ago. He slowly shakes his head back and forth, trying his hardest to shake away the fatigue left behind from the ordeal he fought through. Finally with the fatigue washing away he sits up straight, looking at his surroundings. The first thing he spots is a cheery couple enjoying a picnic a few feet away and a sign further past them that classifies this area as a "park". Unfortunately that cheeriness they had went away the instant the woman's eyes locked with his. her face contorted into one of pure fear. Her mouth opens wide as she brings her hands to her face and the air between them cracks with the sound of a horrible terror-filled shriek.

"SOMEONE HELP! IT'S A GRIMM! A GRIMM GOT INTO THE CITY!!"

Her pleas for help immediately draw the attention of everyone else in the park as they all drop everything they were doing and run away further into the city. People reading books abandoned their novels, those enjoying a picnic dropped their food, leaving it for wild animals, and children were plucked from their fun by horrified mothers wishing to save their offspring from a "monster". The sounds of shouting and pleas for help kept growing as more and more people fell into a panic, authorities would soon be here, but perhaps there were others who might take notice...? The strange boy was just...Confused in the mix of chaos, however.

"What's a..."Grimm"?"

That was...Odd. Snow gave a commanding glare to someone who didn't immediately back down? This mercenary was different from the ones she was aware of. Most mercenaries were crass, simplistic, greedy. Their only concerns were of when they could eat or get paid. Most of them lacked education from even the most basic of combat schools, they were nothing like huntsmen and the attempt at a comparison would have offended both groups in large numbers. But Karasu was different somehow. For starters, a mercenary coming to a combat school was like an animal walking into a situation it knew was dangerous. But more than that, no merc should have the bravery required to resist intimidation. But all the same this odd encounter causes her to lighten her cold exterior for a moment as she turns to Weiss and offers an apology.

"I believe we got off on the wrong foot. I would like to apologize for my hostility. I am simply...Protective of my sister. You're Weiss Schnee, correct?"

The heiress' eyes raise in surprise as she turns to see the terrifying woman apologizing. But not just apologizing, she recognizes Weiss...

"You must be a noble yourself judging from that outfit. Is that the Merlot Crest?"

Snow gives a calm nod that lacks in emotion both positive and negative.

"That is correct. But before you bring up the rumors...Just know I intend to rebuild my family's name with my time at Beacon."

"Well...Good luck I guess. I'm aiming for the top too of course."

Snow walks away with her younger sister in tow. As they leave Veronica turns back to both Karasu and Weiss, an apologetic expression on her face.

"It was nice meeting you!"

Weiss brushes her dress off, turning to look at Karasu with a calm expression on her face.

"I'm fine. Although...I'm not sure how I feel about that Merlot girl. She gives me the creeps."

Weiss gives a smile to Karasu as he assists with moving her luggage out of the way. Although when he questions the large amount of dust her expression changes to one of surprise. Wait, if he didn't know why she had that, then...

"You mean you don't know who I am? Well that's...Weird. But...Yes I carry plenty of dust with me, it's not just for combat! I have a vested interest in dust you know!"

Her sudden expression of joy at getting to talk about her stockpile of dust turned to one of fear and loathing as she heard someone shouting out, warning them both to move.

"-Wait, no! Not again!-"

... Unfortunately for the heiress, her reaction time wasn't fast enough to avoid the mass of cookie and energy rushing her way. They collided with a thud...

"This is so exciting! We're going to become real huntresses! Do you think my hair looks okay?! Did I prepare well enough?! Oh I'm so nervous!"

The elder of the two sisters sighs, shaking her head calmly.

"You look exactly the same as you looked the last five times you asked me if your hair was okay. I believe you're overthinking this. We've trained for years under both private tutors and in combat primary schools. There is nothing Beacon's curriculum can offer that I can't overcome."

Snow turns to face her sister as they walk, however this distraction is just enough for her guard to lower as a tech inclined girl heads right towards her...The two collide with one another, but even as Snow falls she attempts to ensure the other girl's landing will be far less painful. The noble girl reaches out and grabs Amber carefully, pulling the nervous techie down on top of her. The impact with the ground is thankfully minor...But Snow still looks up at the other girl, ignoring her profuse apologies.

"Are you injured?"

Last edited by Raymu on Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years

Post by CivilProtection Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:26 pm

"Im... Im fine. Thank you for asking" I replied to the redhead "Sorry for that, are you alright?"

I look at her for a second. She looks kind of familiar... no wait no she doesnt Im mistaking her for a cereal mascot.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Click Me!

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:53 pm

Someone was far less enthusiastic about the violent confrontation with the Hunters, and that was Vaneera. A part of her had already deduced the fact that Humans had a hard time trusting her and Motet. But conflicts like this only made it worse. She couldn't say that Motet was in the wrong for wanting to stand up for herself, but... Escalating things like this rarely did favors. But when it came to matters of self defense, it wasn't like they could just keep running, right? After a certain point, she had to take a stand and stop them from always trying to kill her.

Motet had taken to it with gusto, already having dispatched her half of the attackers. Vaneera was taking a more methodical approach. With a swing of the arm she would deploy several cards, each one landing just close enough to their enemies that the resulting explosion of Fire Dust would leave them with no choice but to back off. She wasn't interested in killing unless she had to.
    "Just leave. I never wanted to hurt anyone."

Despite the fact that she could talk. Despite the fact that she could pull her punches and try to reason with them. So few of them actually listened. But after seeing what Motet had done to the others, they had been given pause. Flustered, and without any choice, one of them steps forward. "Then... Tell her to give them back!"

Vaneera looks over to Motet, giving her a nod as if to signal to do just that. "If they're still alive."

She then turns her gaze back to the remaining Hunters. "And I hope that you'll tell the others not to attack us on sight... Bloodshed like this can be avoided."

Motet was so excited for praise. Vaneera sighs a little, finding it hard to stay too strict with Motet. She simply delivers a headpat to the girl, leaving the remaining Humans in the area bewildered at the sight of what was happening in front of them.

"You've always been very strong, Motet. Try not to be too hard on them, okay? They just don't know any better.", she says with a smile. Hopefully softening the blow of 'criticism'. Vaneera really didn't like to make her friend sad.

True to their word, none of the others were trying to fight now. They didn't drop their guard or their weapons, but they were just... Waiting. Hoping that the others would be produced safely so that they could all just leave. Vaneera hoped that a show of mercy might convince the people in this region to leave them alone, if nothing else.

Karasu ended up in the middle of an odd situation with a lot of big names being dropped; Weiss Schnee and the other one was Merlot. While "Merlot" was a little more ambiguous for Karasu, he wasn't entirely blind to the significance of it. That was one of the big noble families. Or it was at one point, anyway. He wasn't totally sure of their current standing, but given Snow's presence, perhaps it was safe to assume that they were far from finished, and they planned to reclaim some of their former status. The other name though, 'Schnee'... That needed far less introduction for the Mercenary. He'd already taken up plenty of jobs for Dust Convoys that just so happened to be owned by their company.

From what he recalled, Weiss was the current Heiress. For all intents and purposes, she might as well be a genuine princess at Beacon Academy. He reminded himself to act accordingly in her presence. But at least their conversation and first impressions had amounted to a good start, with her commenting on that Merlot girl... Karasu can't help but nod.
    "She's got an intense presence. Like dealing with a future Queen.", he admits. "But I also think there's more to that whole story."

Weiss expresses her surprise that Karasu doesn't seem to know who she is. He calmly shrugs at that. "With the kind of work I did, it wasn't really the sort of thing I was supposed to ask about.", he replies. "I wouldn't mind getting to know you now that we'll be at Beacon-"

He's cut off by the sounds of someone shouting to get out of the way. Weiss is already panicking, and Karasu himself is taken by surprise in the suddenness of the situation. While he didn't end up being the one crashed into, it did still jostle all that luggage and knock some of it over. Dust went everywhere... Just what kind of luck was this...?

Yang turns just in time to see the situation unfolding before her very eyes. Ruby had the tendency to move fast -- a little TOO fast. Taking her eyes off of her was a mistake, and of course something like this was bound to happen. She didn't even have the time to make an attempt to stop things before it was already said and done.
    "Oof... Sis.... What a rough way to start your first day..."

Yang said with a cringe. But... On the other hand, this might have been a perfect learning experience for Ruby. Her younger sister did need to get out there and start interacting with people. Maybe 'throwing her to the wolves', so to speak, was the right call here. Otherwise Ruby was likely to insist on just spending time with her and no one else in Beacon.

Now that he was able to get a better look at her, the best way to describe the red-headed girl in front of him is that she was built like a statue. Perfectly chiseled into form. She was fairly tall, and obviously well built. But there was also a lithe femininity to her form. Considering her beauty and her apparent strength and imposing stature, one might first be intimidated by her -- but all of that would be wiped away by the smile on her face. A warm, inviting nature.

She was obviously a warrior, but she wasn't a cold-blooded one. She was also a little surprised that he didn't seem to recognize her, and asked her such a normal question. But her being taken aback doesn't last for long, as she soon starts to respond.
    "I'm fine, thank you."

She replies with a smile. "I'm Pyrrha Nikos, and you are?", she then introduces herself, extending a hand towards him for a handshake.

Meanwhile, in Vale... There was someone who served as quite the unusual sight, both because of the outfit that they wore, and because of their energy. "Hello!", she says with a wave of the hand.

"Good morning!", she says to another passerby without missing a beat; something that she has done consistently for every single person she's passed so far... EVERY. LAST. ONE. "Oh! I like your dog! Have a good day!", some people weren't sure what to think of it. Others tried to just take it in stride and return the kind greetings.

All in all, the city seemed peaceful. The temperature was neither too cold or too hot, there weren't a dark cast of clouds in the sky, and no threat of rain. Even the wind was just a gentle, calming breeze. Yes, it really did seem like a perfect morning-

"SOMEONE HELP! IT'S A GRIMM! A GRIMM GOT INTO THE CITY!!", a woman practically screams her lungs out, the panic that ensues thereafter certainly makes it seem like a Grimm got into the city!

"Ooooh gosh...", the previously energetic girl states and starts making her way to the scene of all the chaos. Seems like it all started at the park. But on her way there, something did strike her as odd; namely, there didn't seem to be any injuries... That was a good thing, of course! But between the lack of injuries and the lack of a chase...

"What kind of Grimm is it...?", she tried wracking her mind for answers on the way there. But given the pace she was moving at, she didn't have to go without answers for long. Because she soon spots the single person left in the wake of all this chaos, questioning what a Grimm is.

She looks around, trying to spot any of the beasts, but has no luck. Nonetheless she approaches this unknown individual. He looked a bit out of place, but as far as she could tell, he was no Grimm.
    "Are you alright?"

She asks of the monochrome boy. Once he turned to her, he would be able to take in her appearance.

RWBY: Forces of Grimm PennyCrater

... She looked very friendly.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Lamia
    Lamia
    Chaotic Horny
    Chaotic Horny
    Five Years

Post by Lamia Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:17 am

She was not mad at her? N…no even more she was supporting her! Oh no she did not have to do that! She was the one who had run into her! Proper edict stated she should be the one apologizing and…

Wait… sh... was she on top of her now? She caught her! Oh no oh no this was not proper at all! Her face quickly turned a deep red as she began to understand the situation, she was in. Not only had she run into this woman, but she had gone out of her way to prevent her from coming to harm… but now she was on top of her! Oh, gods she was so embarrassed right now!
    Quickly she stumbled to her feet, nervously adjusting her glasses she looked around her, people had stopped and were staring and that just made everything worse! How could she mess up so badly on the first day? Despite standing her face may as well have been plastered to the ground for the intensity she was staring down in that moment.

”N..no I’m not hurt thank you I… um… I’ll just go now!”

She turned on her heel, the embarrassment of the situation… all the people watching, making herself look so foolish in front of this beautiful, important looking woman, it had all gotten to her at once, she was so kind to help her and yet her mind said ‘run’ run to get away from all of this… everything watching her.

She just could not take it!

But fate it seemed was not on her side for something had been broken as she fell, in her haste to gather everything up and run she had not notice but... the tablet she kept her schedule on, everywhere she was supposed to be had busted! The only back up she had was ALL the way back in Atlas in her room, what was she supposed to do now?

”Ah! No I had everything on there! Um.. I.. where am I supposed to… uggh..”

For most it would be a simple matter of asking for directions. But Amber…. He just was not a social person like that. People made her nervous, she was always afraid she would look stupid in front of them.

So she just stood there like a lost puppy, trying to find a way… any way to figure this all out.
    ……………………………………….
    ”B…but they attacked us! They tried to hurt you Vani! That’s not fair!”

She did not want to let them go, she wanted them to feel the pain and persecution they put them through. She wanted them to know what it was like to be treated this way. She wanted them to hurt for trying to touch her Vani. They in fact, were still alive, if on the brink. If they stayed in her containment much longer that would not be the case. Nature would take it’s course… and they would be gone.

Ultimately however, she fully believed Vaneera knew best, so as much as she did not want to… she was sure it was what should be done. Besides, it was not as if they were in a particularly good position to make a counterattack right now anyway. If they tried…  She would just consume them once more. She was certain Vaneera would not mind them being gone then. So, one by one she released her hold on them. Each hunter able to stumble out there confinement as they came back to the surface. They were wounded from the ordeal of course, heavily so but they were alive and they could move.

”Go on then, shew!”

She made the motion with her hands, signaling for them to just go already. She was grumpy for a moment, but the head pat Vaneera gave her afterwards was like a switch that immediately burned it away, as if it had never been there to begin with. She was simply her normal happy and cheery self, having completely moved on from the situation and on to greener pastures.

….All from a head pat, wow!

She giggled at Vaneera’s praise. Of course, she was strong! Vani was strong to, together they were an invincible combo! She forgot sometimes the lesson Vani had been trying to teach her. They were stronger than most humans, even hunters. So, they could not always go all out on them. Apparently even the mean jerky ones, she would have to try and make sure she remembered that better! They were just immature little kids, ones that had to be taught a lesson. Well, she would teach it as much as she needed to, and Vani could give them lectures after!

”Sorry Vani, I’ll try to do better. They just... make me so mad sometimes!
    ………………………………

…..And they made a rather comedic thud as they collided, Ruby herself flailing wildly before landing with a bang on the ground. For the second time that day she was dizzy from it all, swirls in her eyes before she turned to face the people she had run into. One was a tough looking merc guy, the kind you would probably see in one of those army shows. The other was some prim and proper girl, she was not sure WHO she was, but she really liked her combat skirt, perfect for battle! Oh but, oh no in a situation like this she would have to interact with….
    Wait, the case! That was it!

”I’ve got it, Don’t worry, Ruby Rose, future huntress extraordinaire here to save the day!”

Despite the fact the Dust was currently shooting out of the case Ruby seemed to believe she could solve this in one fell swoop! Using Crescent Rose to propel herself she shot herself into the air towards the case, quickly undoing her cape and using it as a net to capture as much dust as she could along with the case. Unfortunately it rather comically was far from all the Dust but, despite this she land back on the ground, Dust and case wrapped up in her cape and a large smile on her face even as the rest of it continued to fall down around her.

”See see I told you! Now everything is just fine, right? The day is saved, oh see Yang? I’m a hero, just like mom!”

She umm… yeah she didn’t notice all the dust still falling behind her, would anyone break it to the poor girl?
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:44 am

The strange boy rubbed his eyes as they tried desperately to adjust to the sunlight, having been submerged in absolute darkness for so long left one with a sense of disorientation when it came to natural light. The screaming and chaos seemed to grow distant as the moments drew on, but the calming of the area didn't serve to ease his confusion any further. Simply put: He had no idea where he was, or when he could have possibly gotten there. Panic started to fill his mind as the blurred images before him were something he had absolutely no memory of. The world started spinning as his breathing became more ragged and a cold sweat enveloped him.

"Where...?"

As if an answer to his isolated panic, a strange voice calls out to him, halting the fear he was experiencing in an instant. His eyes were still adjusting to the light, but his hearing was completely fine..."Are you alright?" were the words that broke the terrifying silence filling him with dread. Without even thinking his head turned to face the sound of that voice...And his eyes finally finished adjusting as the image before him became clear. A...Girl? She stood over the top of him, gazing down at him with those piercing green eyes...Yes, that was the first thing that drew his attention, how deeply colorful those eyes of hers were, deep orbs of emerald cast down at him with the morning sun's glare only serving to illuminate them further. Her hair was a carrot-orange color done up in a particular style his mind told him was probably "Fashionable"...Although the pink bow on top of her head was crooked, rather than making her look disheveled it only served to accentuate her particular style.

Her face was covered with small blemishes that one could consider "cute", and the clothing she wore seemed almost specifically designed for her. Indeed the very aura she gave off was...Warm and inviting. He rubbed the top of his head, wincing slightly as he did so. It was only then that he realized how much his body ached from...Whatever he had just gone through. Although the more he adjusted the weaker the aching became.

"Huh...? I'm fine, I just feel like I got hit by a truck. Who are you anyway?"

Somehow...This weird girl managed to make that fear ease up on him. He was still no less confused and disoriented naturally, but the terror gripping his very core seemed to lighten as she spoke. But at the same time...It was asking her that question that made him realize something important, something he hadn't even managed to realize in the confusion. Never mind figuring out her identity - He didn't even know his own. That's right...He was so wrapped up in figuring out his situation in that void that he hadn't stopped to think about it. He wracked his brain trying to recall his past, where he came from, what he was doing before he showed up here, what his name was, where his home was...Every single piece of memory he tried to recall caused something absurd to happen:

"-Ghh...!"

Pain. Sharp pain shooting through his mind, the sound of loud static blasting deep in the recesses of his brain. He didn't just forget his memories - It was like he was somehow blocking them out entirely. He clutched his forehead and elected to stop trying to remember for now...Quickly releasing his head as the pain subsided. Having someone friendly around certainly helped ease his nerves but...The revelation that he was literally incapable of combing his memories for how he ended up here caused that cold sweat to come back with a vengeance.

"Where is this? I...Don't recognize this place at all, and why was everyone running away screaming? I don't see anything scary here..."

... It was plainly clear that he wasn't just an innocent bystander caught in a wave of chaos. There was something much stranger going on here. The fact that there was no sign of damage to the area beyond the ground around him that had strangely "eroded" as if something sucked the life out of the grass that was there only made this stranger. If it had been a grimm then there would certainly be signs of property damage among many other tell-tale pieces of evidence cluing one in on the presence of a monster.

Snow raised an eyebrow as the odd girl seemed panicked over their impact. To Amber this was like a chance meeting between lovers that was worthy of being embarrassed over, to Snow this was simply an accident that wasn't at all something to be ashamed of, after all it wasn't as if the noble girl was put out by her attempts to rescue the falling girl. Snow stood up calmly after Amber had risen up from the ground, the stern girl brushed herself off, nodding as the far more bashful girl declared that she wasn't injured.

"It's good that you haven't come to harm, just...Be careful in the future okay? Not everyone is going to be so forgiving in this situation."

Snow simply gave another calm nod as Amber said her impromptu goodbye.

"Good day to you."

Veronica just...Stared blankly, blinking in silent confusion over what just occurred.

"Did that really just happen? What even was that?"

... It was a question that caused Snow to become confused as well as she realized just how strange that entire exchange was.

"I'm...Not really sure myself."

The sisters watched Amber as she scrambled, panicking over a broken tablet device, Veronica looked to her sister with a knowing grin. ... But Snow simply sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"No. No I'm not going to do it."

Veronica began to pout in response!

"Aw come on!!! You have to!"

"I certainly don't have to! We're going to be late for the opening ceremony if you don't hurry!"

"But aren't you even a LITTLE curious about that girl? Besides! If you wanna turn our name around you've gotta go for the small victories!"

"Oh for the love of-"

Snow shot her sister a glare.

"Go ahead to the ceremony, I'll catch up to you soon."

"Knew you couldn't resist, seeya sis!"

Veronica ran off ahead into the school's amphitheater, leaving Snow to deal with...Whatever was troubling Amber. The noble girl approached the panicking techie calmly, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Do you...Need some assistance? I can't help but notice you look very lost."

The heiress found that she couldn't disagree with Karasu's assessment of Snow. There were reasons Weiss knew very clearly for why that girl acted as she did, but...It was complicated, and she assumed the mercenary likely wouldn't understand it all.

"I suppose...It's not the first time I've heard of her, but I've also never met her in person. She's...Exactly as intimidating as I've been told. If there's more to her than what you see on the surface then I don't think most people are going to approach her to find out..."

She could only raise an eyebrow as he admitted to not asking a lot of questions at the job he worked at before. Weiss was curious as to just what line of work required keeping to yourself...But more importantly, his subtle attempts at flirting didn't escape her notice. They didn't - That is, until Ruby interrupted their meeting, causing Weiss's luggage to go everywhere, including the one in which she stored countless dust cartridges. The heiress coughed and sputtered as a cloud of dust filled the air, and as she watched Ruby leap up and make the situation even worse, she extended her hand out towards the younger girl in a panic.

"WAIT YOU DOLT, NO!-"

BOOM! The small space that Ruby, Weiss, and Karasu occupied exploded violently! Thankfully the dust was in short enough supply to not cause any serious injury to the trio...The worst thing injured in this situation was their pride.

"You...YOU...! YOU'RE NOT A HERO! What were you thinking?! Don't you realize how volatile dust is?! You...Boob!"

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years

RWBY: Forces of Grimm Empty Mmmm so sus

Post by CivilProtection Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:08 pm

"Im... Uhh... Chaos! Yeah Chaos... And I just enrolled here! So Im kinda lost. But its good to meet you!"

Im a bit nervous this is my first time meeting someone
    Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:14 am

Whoever this person was, they really seemed out of their element... Penny waited patiently, but looked on with some concern. A brief scan told her that he was physically fine, for the most part. But then his heart rate accelerated along with his breathing. The cold sweat he was in was apparent, but when she did speak to him, it seemed to break him out of this state. Slowly he began to ease, taking in her appearance.

She did still wait for a vocal response though, and he did finally give it... So, like something hit him, huh...? She brings a hand to her chin as she ponders. Maybe he was attacked by a Grimm and left here? They are attracted to negative emotion after all, if he was unconscious there was a slim chance that it was lured away by the other people in the area, even if unintentionally.

But looking over the park only raised more questions. Nothing seemed to have the definitive marks implying a Grimm was once here, aside from where the victim was right now. Still, he asked a question of who she was. So it was time to answer him!

"I'm Penny Polendina! Don't worry, I'm here to help!"

Strange as the circumstances might have been, she doubted that he was the so-called 'Grimm'. But if the authorities showed up, they might not believe that he's innocent either. There was one thing that she needed to confirm, and as she was about to ask that -- well, he sort of answered the question.

If he was amnesiac... Then as the circumstances are right now, he is innocent!
    "Okay. You're not doing too great right now, and while I hate having to do this... I think we should move out of the park right now. The police will be coming to investigate soon."

Maybe that seemed a bit suspicious. But she had the feeling that if he was taken into custody, there was no telling what would happen to him. And she couldn't get any vibes from him saying that he was dangerous, so...

She offers a hand to him.
    "Can you walk?"

Vaneera listened intently to what Motet had to say, and they were very fair points indeed. She nodded, but nonetheless stuck to her initial point. "We're trying to extend an olive branch to them. I know you would rather get back at them, but we don't want a war with Humanity either."

Fortunately, if begrudgingly, Motet did release the ones that she had captured earlier, and sent them straight into the care of the other Hunters. They were pretty bewildered about the situation, to say the least... Grimm that could communicate, and even do something OTHER than kill people. They had questions, a lot of them.

But, they knew that trying to press the situation here right now wasn't going to be the right move. Despite that;
    "... Thank you.", one of them managed to say that much, and then they began to leave.

Motet already seemed to be in a better mood now too. Vaneera had gotten a little bit better at figuring out how her 'mood swings' worked. It prompted the red haired girl to smile.
    "I know, Motet. You're not unjustified in feeling that way."

Vaneera then sighs lightly. "I do wish that they could understand that we're not like those feral Grimm... So we have to be careful with our actions, even when defending ourselves."

But at least they made it out of another fight without taking any lives. That was a big victory as far as she was concerned. After a certain point the rumors had to spread, and maybe they would be recognized as something that could be safely left alone... Trying to build up trust for genuine interaction was going to be the hardest part, though.

But Vale did seem to be one of the most stable regions. Beacon's presence also meant that certain powers couldn't operate openly. Something that she was counting on as an advantage.
    "Now then... Shall we continue on our way?"

Right now, they were wandering aimlessly. It's not like they had full maps to work with, only rough ideas of where to go because of careful interactions with the populace. But soon enough things were going to spring into higher gear...

So Weiss seemed to know who that woman was, but admitted that there was such an aura of intimidation that it seemed difficult to approach her and find out anything about her in a more direct manner. Karasu gives a small nod at that. "Well, if anything can bring her out of her shell, it's probably going to an Academy like Beacon."

He was about to crack a joke about feeling sorry for whoever ended up on a team with her, only for... Ruby Rose to make her way onto the scene! All that carefully collected dust goes flying once more; and the young girl is eager to help, practically jumping into the air and trying to use her cape as some sort of net.

"No no no! Don't do that! THAT IS A TERRIBLE IDEA-"

Too little, too late. Ruby lands triumphantly, and all of the dust smashes against the ground or each other at once... Prompting a small explosion. Thankfully, nothing that would cause serious or permanent injury, but certainly annoying and painful enough.

Karasu lets out a few coughs, waving the dust -- both debris and the crystal residue -- away from his face.
    "Raw Dust... Treat very differently from the more stable forms..."

Yang walks over, mainly to check on everyone involved. "Yeah... Lookin' real heroic, sis."

She can't help but say that with a grin. Everyone was fine, so she couldn't be too upset. But the loss of the property was an unfortunate fact here; Weiss had every right to be upset.

"Is Beacon always like this...?", Karasu chimed in.

Pyrrha noted that he seemed nervous. Was it because of her reputation? But he also didn't run away, so... Was it shyness? She was a little unsure, but decided to test the waters for now since he was still trying to keep up conversation with her.

"Well! Why don't I give you a tour so you can familiarize yourself with Beacon?", she then offers.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Lamia
    Lamia
    Chaotic Horny
    Chaotic Horny
    Five Years

Post by Lamia Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:57 pm

Said hand served to heavily spook the poor girl, causing her to leap in fright at Snow’s touch. In her surprise her Semblance trigged and practically before Snow could sneeze metal and electronics gathered around her, forming two large guns! By the looks of it uh… high powered ones to! Though there formation wouldn’t last long as, as soon as she saw it was Snow talking to her another wave of embarrassment consumed her as she flailed her arms with a crimson face, in the process the guns formed fell away into their base components once more.

”Ah I’m sorry mam! I was just surprised! I did not mean to it just sort of… happened I… I swear I’m not a threat don’t crush me under your heel!’

One might question why Amber specified getting crushed under Snow’s heel, but the world hardly had time for such explanations and Amber herself was not about to give the answer. No instead she was preparing herself to run off once more, she had in fact already used her semblance to form the bits of tech over into a pair of ROCKET SHOES to help her along. But as she was about to Snow’s kind offer finally registered with her. But she couldn’t ask such a high-class person for help could she? Such a regel… powerful…  graceful woman who could step on her any…

*ahem*

It would be rude! But… how else was she going to get out of this? She had no idea where her class was, she would look stupid if she went around asking teachers, and she was not going to go crawling back to Atlas this easy! So, she took a deep breath, mustering (literally) all her courage to say.

”I…. the device that had my schedule on it. I umm…. I have no idea where my professor’s class is now…. I… I’m lost”

She nervously adjusted her glasses once more, her eyes not leaving the ground as she did so. She was clearly nervous beyond belief to be in another person’s presence like this, she had never been good at it, she was simply…. A mess.

Why did things have to go like this!
    …………………………………………….
    The normally black and red rose was currently a lot blacker due to the dust explosion! The residue from the explosion covered her body, she coughs smoke out her mouth with a disoriented chuckle and her cape flopped to the ground now empty, rubbing her head she looked to the white-haired girl as she chastised her, calling herd a dolt, yelling at her. She felt bad enough but... everyone was safe right? No one had been hurt, who knew where the rest of the dust could have gone? As a result despite the way Weiss talked to her Ruby gave.

”Well… um… I’m sorry… but.. at least everyone’s ok right? It didn’t hurt anyone… COUGH”

Another puff of smoke came out of her as Weiss continued her tirade against her, something that had was starting to really get on her nerves, a bit more defiant the young huntress called back,

”Hey  I said I was sorry PRINCESS! But um… whats dust anyway? that looked way stronger than dirt”

Weiss’ butler or whoever the other guy was not helping much, though he at least let them know it was volatile. So it was like what, explosive dirt?

At her sister’s comment she put her hands on her hip and gave a hmph!

”Hey I was! The rest of that dust could have gone anywhere! Landed anywhere! I saved everyone! ….right?”
    …………………………………………………
    Motet crossed her arms, grumbling a bit in response to what Vaneera said.

”I’d love a war with humanity actually… beat all the jerks up for all the stuff they’ve done. Besides, you want to beat up miss mama Salem Mc Witch right? I wonder if Nova is still ok…”

Nova,  Another Arcana, as well as one whose mind had been affected worse by the arcana transformation than there’s. Or she assumed that anyway, maybe it was just harder for her to overcome the effects? To her horror Motet had forgotten her and Vani when they first went through everything, she was like a feral grim on the prowl. Vaneera though… had not given up on her. For a long time she was little more than a tamed animal following her about, doing as she said. Eventually… with a lot of work Vaneera had helped her get to where she was today. Standing on two feet instead of all fours, talking instead of growling…. And not attacking EVEYONE she saw… oh unless Vani wanted her to!

The point though… was in a more lucid moment Nova helped them escape, but she had remained behind… likely getting punished for her actions she wanted to go back and claw them up! But… even she knew she could not beat Salem right now. They had to get stronger first . when they did…. They pound her into the ground!

She did not mind if the humans saw her as a feral grim, what did they know anyway? The way they talked to Vaneera though did make her mad. Treating her like some monster when all she ever did was try to talk to them! If it wasn’t for Vani they’d all be mincemeat, they should be a lot more grateful!

She gave a smile and nodded, starting a frolicking walk alongside Vaneera as they continued, truly they were a sight to behold. Once so serious, the other so playful.

”Yes let’s go Vani! Our fearless leader! Do you wanna pick or path, or want me to do eeny meeny miny moe again?”
    Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:12 pm

So...Her name was Penny Polendina. Well, considering she was the first person he had ever met as far as his memories would allow him to recall...That name carried a lot of weight. It made him realize just how odd it was that he didn't have a name of his own. There was a chance he had one that he couldn't remember, but...He really didn't want to try delving back into that odd pain again so soon. But what she said was a bit odd. She was...Here to help?

"Wait...Help? Help with what?"

Help him? She DID come straight here to where he was after all, and if that was the case...He certainly appreciated the assistance considering he currently had no idea where here WAS. But then...Why was she helping him? The people who had run away seemed far more in distress than he did. She insisted that they had to leave the park, but that only left him with more questions - More questions that is, until she mentioned the police.

"Oh! The police are coming here? Maybe they can help us too!"

That's what he said, but...The sound of marching footsteps drew closer to the park, drowning out the distant cries of terror from the citizens.

"See? Here they come now, marching right towards us! .... Wait a sec. Marching...?"

... Okay, he didn't remember much of anything, but he did remember that designated law enforcement tended to not "march" towards anywhere. That sounded more like a military unit. This was...Far too off. That feeling of unknown dread returned to him as he looked off towards the sound of the marching footsteps, then back to Penny, looking silently at her hand for a moment as if hesitating...But he finally gave her a firm nod, reaching up to grab hold of her hand. Right now she was the only one he felt like he could trust, and maybe to most that didn't mean very much considering she was the only one he had met, but...She was also the only one he could reach out to.

"I...Think I can make it!"

As he was helped to his feet by the strange girl he stumbled a bit, narrowly managing to catch himself from falling over...He wasn't injured, but he was still left with some degree of disorientation. There wasn't time to deliberate right now with the sound of a marching unit drawing closer and closer. If they didn't move the "police" would be on top of them.

"I think the grimm is in that park over there! Ready your weapons men!"

A voice called out from the distance, indicating that these guys were likely not prepared to ask questions first.

Suddenly this strange tech girl built laser weapons out of nothing! The act caused Snow to immediately leap back, hand grasping the weapon that was sheathed on her back.

"Huh?!"

Thankfully for the nervous Amber...Once Snow assessed the situation and realized it was simply the work of some accidental power she calmed herself, moving back into a relaxed posture and releasing the weapon from her grip. Was that...This girl's semblance? The weapons fell apart back into their base components, leaving the noble girl puzzled...Snow simply sighed, shaking her head.

"If you were a threat I would have already dispatched you. That...Being said...Why would I crush you underfoot? I understand I've built a reputation but I am hardly THAT cruel..."

Before she could even get an answer she saw Amber already trying to run off, having built...Rocket boots??? Snow frowned and reached out to try and grab the embarrassed girl's shoulder once more.

"Hold on...You don't have to keep running. You realize you've done nothing wrong, correct?"

Finally Amber managed to answer the noblewoman, so...her device was destroyed in their accident and she had no idea where her class was? Wait...Class? Snow wondered if perhaps this girl was a transfer student.

"A class? I'm sorry I believe you're confused. We haven't completed our initiation trial yet. I'm...Guessing you're a transfer student? Well, the next place we should be is the amphitheater. Our opening ceremony is going to start soon. If you'd like I can show you where it is? I'm going there myself."

The much less nervous girl turned on her heel in the direction of the amphitheater, waiting to see if Amber would follow...What a strange girl. Snow turned her head to look back at the lost girl.

"Being out of your element is nothing to be ashamed of. We all face things we don't know how to handle sooner or later. It's what you do to overcome these things that matters."

With her piece said she walked towards their destination at a slow pace, allowing Amber as much time to catch up as she needed.

Karasu admits that if any place could help Snow's cold heart to thaw, Beacon was likely the best chance for this. With such a colorful variety of students, and a curriculum that pairs four people together for four long years, it would take purposeful effort on her part if she managed to avoid gaining anything positive from this. It wasn't like Weiss disagreed, but...She certainly had her own expectations about this school.

Expectations that were already being dashed to little pieces as she coughed and sputtered, waving the smoke away from her face. This girl...She wasn't Beacon material at all! She didn't even know what dust was! The heiress's eyes went wide as she stared at Ruby.

"You...Don't know what dust is?! How did you even make it to Beacon?! You should have learned that by the end of your primary combat school! Dust is only the most powerful substance known to man! And some faunus, unfortunately..."

A black haired girl passed by the group, rolling her eyes at Weiss's derogatory comment as she did so.

"Real classy..."

Weiss huffed as the passing girl made her commentary, the heiress stomped her foot.

"Hey! And just what do you mean by that?!"

The black haired girl wore a bow in the shape of cat ears, her choice of headwear accentuated by the black and white clothes she wore. Her face was buried in a book even as she walked, and despite registering the heiress' comments, the cat-bow girl stared blankly for a moment before returning to her book, walking away. Weiss simply sighs, turning to Karasu to answer his question.

"No...Beacon is heralded as THE most prestigious huntsman academy in all of Remnant! I suppose they just...Made a few errors is all."

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:
    CivilProtection
    CivilProtection
    Ten years

Post by CivilProtection Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:21 pm

"Sure, couldnt hurt. I missed out on the proper tour if this academy had one, so thank you."

I give Pyrhha a smile, knowing that *SHE ISNT ONE OF THEM*

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Click Me!

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years

Post by Amord Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:58 am

Understandably, he was confused. Having no memories and being in a situation like this wasn't exactly a great way to start off the day. In a way, Penny sympathized with him. Perhaps that is why she was so driven to make sure that he was going to get through this just fine, and not let those military types get their hands on him... Oh, it's not that she had a problem with authority! It's just that if they assumed he was some kind of troublemaker, then who knows what might happen to him.

In this case, she had to follow her conscience, and that meant getting him out of here! Still, she could already hear that marching, and the fear on his face was now plain to see.
    "Yeah... I'd like to say that they would give you the benefit of the doubt, but I don't want to take that chance!"

Helping him to his feet went well enough. But it seemed as though he was still disoriented. As much as she'd like to take it slow with him right now, they couldn't afford to let those police catch them right now. "Sorry for this, just make sure to hold on tight!"

The girl states, and then proceeds to quite literally pick him up and hold him overhead. She starts moving FAST, too. Right now her primary goal was getting to a safe spot far away from the investigation and then they could start formulating a plan from that point on!

It surprisingly doesn't take very long to clear a large distance, and she then begins to lower the man back down to the ground, making sure he's steady on his feet.
    "There, that should do it for now."

Vaneera listened calmly and patiently as Motet vented her frustrations... There were a lot of reasons why she was like this, and Vaneera did her very best to help Motet through it. The red-haired girl gives a nod at the question. "Of course I want to stop her. But I also know that we can't do it alone. She has a lot of support, to say nothing of her ability to command the Grimm..."

Then, of course, there was the matter of Nova. The one that stayed behind while they fled. Vaneera owed her such a massive debt, and she didn't even know where to start on repaying it. She had to get stronger, that much was certain. "We'll just have to count on Nova's tenacity. She's not the type to give up easily. As long as that holds true, we can get her out of there... We just need to play our cards right."

Vaneera was one of the very first Arcana, and she had attained her lucidity faster than most. In an even more unusual case, she actually began to actively suppress her newfound instincts and clung to her Humanity. It wasn't as easy as it was now, but she had gotten better at it, in the same way that Motet did. Now they could rely on each other to bring out the best in themselves.

There was proof of that when she smiled at what Motet had to say next.
    "Let's try to stick to the main road. I do want to see Vale, but we'll be careful too. As long as we keep a low profile, no one should pay us any mind."

Blending into a city was certain to be easier than trying to not draw attention in the wilderness. Huntsmen -- both full fledged and in training alike -- often came out this far in search of Grimm. The two of them stuck out like sore thumbs. But maybe once they reached civilization, no one would think twice about them.

"If it comes down to it, we can just break off and find a safe place to rest up."

That... Raised a lot of questions. Did she really not know what Dust is? But it was such an integral part of surviving in the world -- not even just for combat, but for technology in general. Weiss seems just as bewildered as Karasu is about this. Although she is more vocal and direct about her frustrations. Understandable, given the loss of property and the resulting mess. "It's pretty rare to run across someone that doesn't know what Dust is, I have to admit..."

Weiss offered up a summarized explanation on what it was and what it's primarily used for. Although some might take her words the other way -- which is exactly what happened with a woman that was passing by. "Considering the White Fang seem to enjoy violence, mayhem, and raids... I'm inclined to agree with her assessment that it is unfortunately being used by unsavory types. Not all Faunus are like that. But the White Fang are setting a horrible example for everyone involved."

That was another little bit of information about the kind of work that Karasu was in. Knowing about Dust, the primary traders of it, and that the White Fang primarily targeted them to use Dust for their own ill-advised purposes... Either way, the conversation with Weiss continues, with her admitting that perhaps Beacon just made a few mistakes.

Karasu shrugs at that.
    "Hard to say, I guess. Maybe there are multiple ways to be a prodigy worthy of getting into an Academy like this. We'll just have to see."

Yang, now seeing that the situation has diffused a bit, steps in and throws an arm over Ruby's shoulder. "Well, sis. Your heart is in the right place. But now you get to learn what it's like to be around other people!"

A fairly innocent comment that probably sounded more ominous for Ruby. "So! Get out there and make some friends! No more trying to stick to me like glue and only interact with me. That's just not gonna work at Beacon."

And as if to accentuate her point, she then pulls her arm away, steps back, and... Hey, where'd those people come from? "I'm gonna go hang out! Later, Ruby!"

And just like that, they've run off...

Karasu can't help but notice all of this play out.
    "... She seems like a handful.", he comments to Ruby about Yang.

Pyrrha smiles at his acceptance and his gratefulness. "You're welcome! Since it's the first day, we'll be heading straight over to the amphitheater for the opening ceremony and initiation."

With that, she gestures for him to follow and leads the way. She was also considering what to talk about in order to pass the time. It... Sort of dawned on her that she didn't exactly have a whole lot of normal social interactions. Part of her hoped that Beacon might be able to offer that, to an extent.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Lamia
    Lamia
    Chaotic Horny
    Chaotic Horny
    Five Years

Post by Lamia Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:33 am

”She can’t command me! I’m just that good!”

Yeah, Motet took the mention of ‘Grimm’ to include her, that was what she was after all right? And mother could not control her! She didn’t entirely understand why she couldn’t, probably because of how super awesome she was, but she also knew she used to be able to, before her and Vani started traveling together again. Well, her memoires of then were also not the clearest for obvious reasons, but he knew she had Vaneera to thank for helping her. So her conclusion of course that Vaneera had been responsible for the super awesome trait that allowed her to resist mothers control.

It only made sense, right?

She agreed with Vani on her on her sister’s tenacity. She had done so well... all on her own. She refused to burden anyone with the problems she faced, even Vani, she had always done so well… She just hoped she could last until they could come back and free her to! The super awesome hero couple out to save the day! Yes they would absolutely do it together.

”Yes… together will cut our way through anyone who tries to stop us from doing it! I know we’ll get strong enough to beat mom...”

She gave a pout when Vaneera said they had to keep a low profile. This was just so unfair! They were always the ones that had to hide who they were. She trusted Vaneera, and she knew they needed to. But it just was not fair at all! Because they were different, they had to be careful, they had to hold everything back. She had to try not to break the dumb hunters who attacked HER! But it was what they had to do… she would stick to it, if no one tried to hurt her heroine anyway.

”Yes Van Van! I’ll be as invisible as a chameleon!”

Vaneera knew best, and so Motet followed faithfully behind her, the playful skip returning to her step. Vaneera was the light that would kind them to a good future, a happy future!

”Lead the way, Captain Vani!”
    ……………………………………………………………………..
    ”Of course I know what Dust is! You get it from the ground…. And some rocks, right, right?”

Well yes, but going by the way Weiss and her bodyguard dude talked it wasn’t as simple as that. If it was so important you’d think they’d give it a cooler name than literal dirt, why not name it Bomb Dust, or Mega Reaction Sand? Give it a cool name, like her true love. The beautiful….. the handsome…. The downright HOT…

Crescent Rose!

”W…well I didn’t go to class for this ummm… I was invited… These guys tried to rob me and I had to knock them out a window. Some other things happened and I was invited.. I’m um… sorry about your Dust…

Sticking to Yang like glue was exactly what Ruby attempted to do once she made her announcement, why did she have to get to know anyone anyway?! Ohhh meeting people was so no! Couldn’t it just be her, Yang, and her one true love? Why did she have to do this to herrrrr!
    Whether it was because she missed or Yang pried her off though she would end up back amongst the small group, newcomer included, Karasu addressed her and she sighed giving a nod.

”She wants me to… interact with people, but I don’t know any of you! I do not know how to do any of this! I don’t even get why, We already had each other and my love…”

Ruby rubbed her Crescent Rose as she said that, for her that was clearly the subject of her words. Though to anyone else… Misunderstandings were likely.
    ………………………………….
    There were several reasons Amber had jumped to that conclusion, none of which she was about to admit to the woman it seemed she was going to have to spend time with. The blush on her face would probably make her thoughts clear to anyone… who was not Snow anyway.

”Ummm…. Security? Yeah, for security, I just assumed”

Hopefully, Snow would not pry any deeper… she was not sure how else to avoid it.

No classes yet, no a whole other set of things to do beforehand. This was why she needed her schedule, now she was making herself look foolish! Oh, now she was lost and looked like an idiot. Fleeing was not even an option because the dominant woman had already prevented that as well.

”This is all so different from Atlas…”

She made the statement to herself, but it was loud enough that Snow likely took notice to. He wanted to guide her? Was that, ok? But… without her device she had no idea where to go, even if she remade it the data wouldn’t be there anymore.

Oh god she did not even wait for an answer. She just pointed in a direction, signaling for her to follow behind her. It was… so commanding, so dominating…. So so….

Ahem….

Her answer was following close behind the clearly dominant (without even trying to be…) woman, along the way she continued speaking to her, giving her some advice. She nodded.

”I know nothing about anything here… it’s my first day and my schedule was wrecked… y..you say that but… I am not sure how to mistr… mmm Snow, umm… I’m sorry to burden you like this”

At least it could not get any worse right? This was probably the only time she would interact with Snow anyway, so afterwards she could forget all the ways she was embarrassing herself… right?

Raymu likes this post

Raymu
    Raymu
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    ☯Best Boy 2021☯
    Ten years

Post by Raymu Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:13 pm

She noted that they likely wouldn't respond too kindly to him...He wasn't exactly sure WHY but given the oddity of their marching, the way they were obviously preparing for some kind of small-scale war, and the fact that he looked completely out of place here... He was inclined to agree with her in this case...Although what he WASN'T expecting was for Penny to lift him up off of the ground, carrying him as easily as one would carry a sheet of paper!

"W-Whooaaaa!!! W...Wait hold on! Isn't there an easier way to do this?!"

Even though she insisted he should hold on tight there...Wasn't much to hold onto in this position! This girl was moving at breakneck speeds! The authorities spotted them running away but...Penny was simply too fast for them to even consider giving chase. Besides that, none of them were really able to fully comprehend what they had just witnessed.

"Sir was that..."

"A girl carrying some poor soul overhead and moving at the speed of a small motor vehicle? Yeah."

"Should we report this to Beacon's Headmistress?"

"... It's your funeral."

But it wasn't just the authorities who had witnessed this strange spectacle, Penny had drawn more than a few stares from citizens passing by as they watched the poor lad over her head flailing and objecting to their speed of movement! It seems for all of her effort the robot girl was hardly one for covert operations...But thankfully they finally reach a quiet alleyway where he's finally brought back down onto solid ground. The boy staggers for a moment as he regains his balance from that ordeal. However despite everything that transpired he was far less disoriented than he had been moments ago. It takes him no more than a few seconds to steady himself.

"That was...Something! You must be pretty strong Penny!"

He rubs the back of his neck, looking around the alleyway as he realizes that without her he probably would have been caught up in whatever that investigation was. Honestly it wasn't even just that, she had already done a lot for him even though he didn't really do anything to warrant her assistance.

"So...I guess I should thank you. I still don't really know what's going on but...I owe you for this!"

Now that they were finally somewhere calm, the thought to ask questions came to his mind, after all if he was going to figure out what to do next, knowing where he was would HAVE to be a vital step in that plan.

"So where are we anyway? I don't recognize this place at all...I know that might seem a little obvious seeing as I can't remember anything, but I still recognize some things! I knew those were police officers! I know we're in a city, I just...Don't know where!"

Although as he observed himself in closer detail he noted one thing that was off compared to other people. - His clothing. It was far from what one would consider "modern attire". He wore a white capelet over a black shirt and high legged black pants, a white scarf hung out over his back. It was a strange get up even considering some of the outfits hunters could wear and as a result made him stand out pretty badly, even more so in a city full of people who DIDN'T dress eccentrically. it was likely by now that even Penny noticed - If they wanted to keep a low profile then changing his look might have been the best course of action.

"... Sorry to ask for your help again so soon but...I feel like my style is a little...Loud right now. Although uh...We have a bigger problem!"

He digs through his pockets for a moment, procuring a large sum of...Nothing!

"I've got no money! Even if I did I don't think it'd be smart for me to walk into a shop looking like I just dug myself out of the ground..."

Snow scratched the side of her head, raising an eyebrow as Amber tried to explain away that misunderstanding as "Security"...The noblewoman wasn't entirely sure what she meant by this though, but decided it was simply best to move onto other things to converse about. Amber commented on how Beacon was vastly different from how Atlas operated. Interesting...So this girl was a transfer from Atlas? That was quite a long ways to go for a transfer.

"You're from Atlas hmm? Yes I've heard they operate in a vastly different fashion from Beacon. They are far more militaristic and strict correct? I'm surprised you're so overwhelmed. If I had transferred from there I would likely be feeling some measure of relief. You know, my family almost visited Atlas once. But father was so busy with his work that we had to cancel. A shame...I've never been to any place outside of the kingdom of Vale."

Again Snow raises an eyebrow at Amber's strange way of speaking. Perhaps it was simply the way Atlesians talked? Although Amber cut her words short, mentioning something about "mistr"...Mistral? Snow tried to complete the phrase in her mind, speaking up as soon as she did so.

"Mistral? Have you been there as well? My, you're quite the experienced traveler if so. That being said...It's quite alright if you don't know how yet. Improvement comes with experience. I wasn't always the person you see before you."

It was strange that Amber considered herself a burden...Snow glanced back with a calm, emotionless gaze.

"You're only a burden once you start actively impeding my progress to the peak."

The way she spoke was so detached, it didn't display any particular emotion, but it also didn't sound like Snow was hostile. She simply carried herself with an air of unconcerned grace. She wasn't here to make friends, but she wasn't going to be overly harsh to someone who hadn't warranted that treatment. There was no point climbing to the top if you did so stepping on everyone else. That was what Snow believed above all else.

"Ah, here we are. The Amphitheater. I suppose I will see you around then?"

With a calm wave Snow stepped into the packed building. It was a beautiful place all things considered, the domed roof was made of a thin yet sturdy material that allowed light to pour in as naturally as if it were outdoors, and built in lights around the arena helped to further that perfect lighting.

RWBY: Forces of Grimm 02M

A stage sat in the middle of the room, standing on it the headmaster of the academy himself as he gazed out at the gathering crowd of students. It wasn't yet time to begin the opening ceremony, but he was still none the less prepared just as he had been every year before this.

Snow searched for her sister among the crowd, finally spotting the smaller girl and taking a spot next to her.

"Ah, thank goodness I'm not too late."

Veronica just grinned...Waving to Amber in case she wanted to join the two sisters.

"What are you...Doing?"

"You're not gonna abandon your new friend that easily!"

Well...Ruby's assessment wasn't exactly WRONG. Getting dust out of the ground and rocks was the method of procuring it. But there was so much more to dust than just that. And if Ruby hadn't learned more than the basics...Weiss wondered just what her chances of passing the initiation trial were. Although, when she admitted she got here by halting a robbery, the heiress was...Frankly taken aback. THIS GIRL stopped dust thieves? She didn't look like she could stop a purse snatcher, much less a whole group of thieves.

"W-What?! Then you're the one who-...! No I don't believe it. You've GOT to be lying!"

Weiss knew EXACTLY what Ruby was referring to, and it just didn't match this girl at all. Finally the dust heiress just gives a sigh, shaking her head.

"Nevermind! it's easily replaced."

However she looked quite proud when Karasu backed her up in regards to the white fang.

"Yes! You see? He certainly seems to understand what a threat the white fang are! Those monsters have been making my life every bit more difficult for years now!"

The girl glued to her book sighs, she didn't disagree with what Karasu had to say, but...Weiss was rather blunt in her assessment.

"I don't think it's that simple..."

Weiss huffs, averting her gaze from the cool-headed bookworm.

"It's ALWAYS that simple with extremists. Now...I have a ceremony to catch, if you'll excuse me?"

Weiss gathers her bags and begins to walk towards the amphitheater glancing to Karasu as she passed by.

"And I hope to see YOU around later!"

Blake rolls her eyes and heads for the amphitheater as well, making sure she keeps a wide berth away from the blunt heiress.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    More Things:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:49 pm