Magical gamers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Magical gamers

A forum for games, stories and much more!

A Magical Meeting [Day 1: Team VOWL]

Amord
    Amord
    Remilia's Husband
    Remilia's Husband
    Ten years
    You've been a pillar for an entire decade!

A Magical Meeting [Day 1: Team VOWL] Empty A Magical Meeting [Day 1: Team VOWL]

Post by Amord Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:22 pm

Lamia

Vani explained about the towel of course, Motet nodded in understanding. OH that made sense! It was like how she had to wear clothes around other people and in public, because it was the social thing to do, how it both needed to be worn for protection, but also that she should dress well for the people important to her. More than that she should only be naked in private, she wanted to be free all the time… but she understood what Vani was saying she was pretty sure, after all she was only supposed to be naked alone, or with the person most important to her right?

And that was Van Van of course!! However despite this when Mauve commented about wearing a towel to the dance Motet proceeded to stare Vaneera’s way with curiosity, with a look that said ‘can I…?’

”Thanks Vani!”

And she was going to help her with this too, she couldn't wait to learn more! They were similar, having to do with the body so… she was curious what the lesson would be! Vaneera knew her best, and had never treated her badly like she was taught her mother did. She took her time with her, and that helped Motet learn a lot!

As she rubbed against Veronica, she looked up to her, and as Vaneera confirmed that it would help, Motet gave a light, playful purr. More so as she seemed to get irritated by the mean Mauve’s ways she rubbed against her more, it being what she could think of to help. If Veronica did end up petting her she gave another purr, before giving a bright, cheerful smile up at her in response to it, as Vaneera predicted, it did in fact help her warm up to Veronica.

The pair's explanation also got through to Motet, Veronica’s demonstration causing her to nod, yes she got it! She clapped her hands together and gave a nod to confirm it.

”Ah I get it! Oh that is pretty neat, I still like mine better, but that is a cool way to arrange it, I like it!”

When it came to Mauve’s comments Motet simply stared at her as Vaneera countered her, rocking her head back and forth, nodding, and giving a whistle.

Now Mauve may have made a mistake here too, a mistake she may live to regret. Motet was an innocent soul, more so than most at heart. So when Mauve ‘gave her permission’ to call her a pirate? Motet nodded, as she, slowly (much to Vaneera’s pain) got back to her feet.

”Ok Miss pirate Mauve! I’ll call you that from now on!”

She put her hands on her hips proudly, yep that was a thing now.

Well, at least Vaneera saved her from getting yoinked again, like an unintentional guardian angel!

”Cotton candy, always cotton candy!”

She chirped playfully in response, without a care. As Vani’s distraction, from what she couldn't say ended Motet blinked a bit in confusion thinking.

”It is Vani…? How should i say it then?”

No, no she wasn't being smart, she genuinely meant that!

Mauve kept talking down about her, this got her a cheery, yet devilish grin her way, she had s simple statement to make to that , with her usual lack of restraint behind it.

”It’s funny miss pirate lady to hear about teamwork from someone who has not only already picked a silly fight with the student body and got there butthole handed to them, but is also doing a swimming job of being a team player herself right now, Veronica i’m sure is a badass leader, Vani ha just always been mine, I trust van van more than anyone, oh oh! Unless You randomly follow new people right away? That doesn’t seem smart miss pirate lady!”

She giggled, then did a spin and threw her arm playfully around Veronica’s shoulder.

”Besides, poor people and rich people can be jerks and baddies, my moms poor as shit and shes the most evil persona you’ll know!”

Perhaps the ease with which she said that made it sound like a joke, or like it wasn’t actually that bad but well… the farthest thing from the truth. She then, rather comically counted on her fingers as Veronica spelled out what she was calling Mauve. She then looked back to Vaneera.

”Vani, why is she spelling out calling pirate lady a bitch?”

”Anyway! I can work just fine with Veronica, she seems fun like Vani said! So stop being such a grouchy puss~”

She smiled at Veronica as she assured she wouldn't let them down, arm still around her shoulder she nodded.

”I’m sure you won’t! Your gonna do awesome! Sides this is a school so we’ll learn together to, no problem!”

Then came the fun of laying down! Or so she thought anyway, apparently it wasn’t time! Motet pouted, still at the foot of the bed she had tossed Vaneera on.

”But pirate lady is laying down! And we’ve done a lot today, cleary we need rest for the exam rightttt?? H oh or are we going to plan things? I can help! I just thought we’d all need rest”

She then blinked, confused at Vaneera’s statement of having her own bed. She then simply shook her head, as if this had been a question rather than a statement.

”Oh that’s fine Vani, that can be extra, i like sleeping with you!”

Wow, That wording wasn’t going to get better any time soon was it?

Well then again… it was like a light bulb went off in the girl's head, ah she understood what Vaneera meant! (She thought she did anyway)

”Ah now i get it Vani! I’ve got it covered!”

At first it seemed like she was simply listening to Vaneera, walking over to her bed, however she did not sit on it,, instead she went.. Behind it.

Oh no.

Yes she proceeded to, giggling and all push her bed.. Right up to Vaneera’s until they were as one, put right together. And then with a smile Motet resumed her pet like position at Vaneera’s feet. Getting nice and comfy once more.

”Their we go, all fixed Van van!’

Perhaps that answered Mauve’s question, yes, yes she was always like this…

Ray

Yeah! Petting Motet would definitely be a good bonding exercise! It definitely would be... Definitely. ... There were some things even Veronica wasn't willing to do. She started to reach down for only the slightest moment before pulling her hand away, a grimace painted on her face. She shook her head as she glanced up at Vaneera.

"I...Think I'll pass on that actually..."

Veronica cleared her throat awkwardly as Vaneera began to defend her. She wasn't WRONG but the youngest Merlot daughter probably wouldn't have worded it like that...Still, she did at least appreciate having someone stand up for her. It made her anxiety ease off ever so slightly knowing that they weren't all here to eat her alive. Motet might have in the most literal sense, but it was best not to think about that.

"W...Well, I don't think I'd put it that way but...! Y-Yes I do think there's more nuance to things than class...N-N-Not that there aren't bad rich people! But you can be bad no matter your background! At least...That's what I think. But...You can also be good no matter what your background is...probably...But...I agree with Motet, basically!"

Though she spoke with such uncertainty, her point was made. Veronica believed that anyone could be bad or even good regardless of what status they were born with. She didn't believe morality was so static as Mauve might have believed on the surface. It seems this was a view she shared with Motet as well. That being said, when Mauve suggested Motet wear a towel to a dance, Veronica protested nervously.

"Oh gosh! Please don't do that, I think I'd die..."

Death by embarrassment would be...Well, a very embarrassing way to die, to say the least. Some might have considered that kind of death entirely figurative, but the youngest Merlot was convinced death by embarrassment was a literal, actual hazard at this point. Although she was more than a little confused when Vaneera brought up spying and theft.

"Huh? You think she's a spy? Why would a spy come to Beacon? W-Well not that it's impossible but-! I don't think I'm...Um...Particularly important enough to warrant being spied on... ... Mauve you're not a spy are you? Y-You'd tell your team leader if you were right?"

... There really was no helping this girl honestly.

She wordlessly panicked as Vaneera began her verbal assault on everything that Mauve was. It felt as though she had to take control of this situation to avoid things getting bad! But...There really wasn't anything she could possibly come up with to ease things out. Not like this. She waved her hands apologetically as she stared at the faunus.

"I-I um...! I think you could be a great teammate! You just gotta...Really try your hardest! It's just been a bad first impression that's all...!"

The worst part was...! Mauve thought Veronica was messing with her in regards to the plant thing! But at least it was gone as the smaller girl could only sigh in relief. As long as she didn't get eaten by a plant, it was probably fine if she thought Veronica was messing with her...probably. She did briefly perk up when Mauve mentioned cotton candy.

"Oh! I like cotton candy! I...oh..."

She quickly realized what Mauve was really trying to say. Of course someone like Veronica would actually take that line seriously...But at least it seemed as though Veronica and Motet were pretty like-minded considering they both chimed in at the same time without even a moment's hesitation! The Merlot daughter wasn't entirely sure what to make of that, to be honest.

"W-Well! I'm okay with tolerating each other! As long as you aren't fighting each other then it's okay!"

in some odd way however, Mauve's confidence in regards to their clearing the exam did fill the smallest girl with relief. Even despite her cockiness, there was something about the way that the faunus was so sure of herself that made Veronica believe she wasn't just blowing hot air - She meant every word she said. She was certainly the type of person who looked like she could back up her boasting...In most cases at least. And Motet was...Surprisingly complimentary of Veronica's skills as a leader despite not having a chance to prove herself yet. She rubbed her arm nervously, smiling ever so slightly.

"Thanks Motet...Yes, I think you're right. We are here to learn, aren't we? And that includes learning how to be a good leader. I'm still not so sure that I was the right choice...But if you really believe in me despite that then I'm going to give it my all."

The touching moment was interrupted as she rather quickly panicked once Motet called out the insult Veronica was trying to say so stealthily!

""U...Um I'm just not allowed to say that word is all...! Don't tell my sister!"

Veronica tried to climb out of bed only to go completely red with blushing as she heard Motet ever so casually state that she "liked sleeping with Vaneera"

"P-P-P-Phrasing?!"

Veronica dived out of the way in a panic as Motet began moving her bed quite violently out of place! She sighed in relief once she saw the arcana had only done so in order to move her bed next to Vaneera's. At least they were friendly, but...The team leader certainly had a long road ahead of her...

Amord

Mauve had a real knack for putting weird ideas in Motet's head... Like wearing a towel to the dance. When Motet looked at her curiously as if to say 'Can I?', Vaneera responded with a shake of the head, clearly stating 'No'.

Veronica voiced her own concerns in regards to that. And thankfully -- albeit painfully slowly -- Motet got back onto her feet. Which meant the only real concern now was that Mauve had just signed a painful warrant for herself by giving Motet permission to refer to her as a pirate.

"... You might regret doing that."

That's all Vaneera had to say. Ominous.

Mauve seemed like she could just shrug off anything when it came to Motet and Veronica, and even made a mention of cotton candy in the process. This prompted a small groan out of Vaneera. Great, she was going to have to pick up some cotton candy for Motet later... Probably some for Veronica too, if her reaction was any indication.

Though in Veronica's case, it might be to cheer her up, instead of sating Motet's ravenous appetite.

Now, if Mauve COULD indeed not care what Motet and Veronica had to say... Vaneera was a different case, that was something the red-haired girl picked up on. It became clear because they were the only two actively engaging in a verbal joust at this point. Much to Veronica's concern.

"Yeah. It's been me and Motet for awhile now. She's used to seeing me as the leader. She tends to find it pretty annoying when someone else comes in acting like they're a big shot.", she pauses momentarily. "So, understanding her concerns, I pointed out that in this case, Veronica will make for a good leader. Part of being a team is knowing how your team mates feel, and how they think."

Surprisingly bereft of insult, and a succinct explanation of her reasoning for heading off that whole issue. If Mauve had issue to take with that, well... That was just her being stubborn at that point.

That being said, Vaneera certainly wasn't amused at Mauve's claim that it was mere curiosity.

"Curiosity doesn't mean you take something that isn't yours and snoop off to try and figure out someone else's ability and weapons without them knowing.

And considering you just said that you weren't going to bother talking with us to learn about us, our fighting styles, or our Semblances and would rather figure it out all on your own through your own methods... That's pretty much the definition of 'espionage'.
    "

Vaneera shot that down handily, and further added; "At the very least it means you don't trust us, and would make a poor addition to the team. Either way, you're in no position to criticize anyone else here."

Vaneera then rolled her eyes when Mauve said that she was annoying and to just stick to shorter insults, instead of being long-winded.

"Then work your way up to being an idiot."

Well, that was certainly more to the point.

And in any case, Mauve ended up missing the bigger point about the fact that she already got into a fight on her first day.

"You could try not getting into a fight on your first day?"

How was this so complicated? That was what ran through Vaneera's head.

Now... When it came to Veronica having to spell out a cuss word, prompting Motet to immediately pick it up and ask why she was doing that, well...

"Some people expect their daughters to be very good girls, Motet.", that was the easiest way to explain it for now.

Veronica's own response served to add onto that explanation. But of course, as Motet's words continue to paint anything BUT innocent implications... Veronica had the completely predictable reaction to it.

"She meant to phrase it that way. She doesn't know what lewd things are."

She once more left the explanation at that. Jeez, this was going to be a long day... If not for Motet being so insistent about getting rest now, she might have actually tried unwinding to do just that. But in her own innocent way, she made it a bit hard to do that.

Case in point: Motet shoving her bed to be right next to Vaneera's. Veronica dove for cover in response, but seemed to realize that it wasn't because Motet was going to use a bed to beat a motherfucker into submission.

Though if anyone called for that kind of response, Mauve was working their way to that.

Speaking of, that girl asked if Motet was always like this, along with a remark about 'pale face'.

"Yes. Welcome to my life."

Ah, so that's what the ominous phrasing was about earlier...

Nothost

Mauve just rolled her eyes at the interaction Vameera and Motet were having. To her, it seemed like Motet was an extension of Vaneera. Or some kind of pet. Mauve starred as her teammate rubbed up against Vaneera.

"You act more like a cat than I do, and I'm a damn Faunus."

She rolled her visible eye as Motet apparently took that as an invitation to call her a pirate. She looked over at Vaneera.

"I don't have any regrets. But at this rate I'll have plenty of them spending a few years here."

And then Motet proceeded to insult her again. Once more, she couldn’t tell if she was being messed with. Or if the girl really did not have any type of filter. She rolled her eye.

"Look who's talking. I'll be surprised if you ever score a B on anything."

Mauve walked over to Veronica, staring down at the smaller girl. The height difference was very apparent when they were standing next to each other.

[/color]"I have yet to see a decent rich person. You're probably the nicest one I've seen. Not that it's a very high bar. Don't think we're going to carry you to an easy life though. Being a huntress is a whole other responsibility."[/color]

Mauve snorted at Veronica's fretting. "You would be embarrassed? I'd have to go into witness protection if I got dragged to the dance in a towel."

Mauve walked away from Veronica and leaned against the far wall, folding her arms under her chest. "I am what I am. I'm a bitch. Oh sorry. B-I-T-C-H. I should use my manners in front of a princess."

She said, smirking at the younger girl. She let out an amused snort when Veronica mentioned her enjoyment of cotton candy.

"If you wanna pig out in the village during your time off, be my guest. I heard today food is pretty good here."

Mauve glance over at Vaneera. She stood up straight, giving her a hard look.

"Hmph. You've got some skill, so finding thinga out my way would be a pain in the ass." Mauve sighed, rubbing the side of her head with a hand.

"Fine, I'll buddy up a little bit. But I ain't going to share my embarrassing baby photos either. Everyone's got stories they don't wanna tell. Well except maybe our team leader over here. She's the most open person I've ever seen."

Case and point: the admittance of not being allowed to say a swear word. She gave the girl a grin.

"Don't you know? You're allowed to do a lot of things now. As long as you pass the entrance exam. You're considered an adult the moment you become a huntress in training. That means you can do all the swearing and boozing you want to. Your sister must be a real hardass if she didn’t tell you that part."

She grunted as Vaneera brought up the fight again. She clenched her fist.

"Well maybe if that crazy flower girl didn't try smashing me with a hammer I wouldn't have had to get into a damn fight! I wasn't gonna tuck tail and run from it!"

Mauve let out a sigh as she witnessed what Motet was now doing. So this was indeed the norm.

"So now she's everyone's problem huh? Well as long as she's good I guess I don’t care what she's like."

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯
    Aut viam ivenium aut faciam | I shall either find a way or make one

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:12 am